Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 9

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 9

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 13:11:19

dolanbaker wrote:... ass....

Your potty mouth is overflowing. You appear to have caught the dreaded ad hom disease from another poster. Please flush and then disinfect.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 17:03:56

Plant's attempt to look above the fray while passive-aggressive-trolling continues apace.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 17:55:32

asg70 wrote:...trolling continues apace....

Thats what I'm trying to get people to stop.

There are too many people who come here mainly to insult, swear at, and attack other posters, i.e. act like mindless trolls.

In the old days various people made interesting and information-rich posts at this site that contained links and news and quotes and opinions and data. There were a number of posters who would engage in actual discussions about the various issues raised in the information-rich posts.

Now If I make a post with links and news and information, the only response is potty mouthed attacks laced with swear words. I ask one poster not to swear and attack and a second poster swears and attacks. And I can always count on asg/mos/ennui---the only person ever banned from site three times for trolling----to chime in with his/her name calling.

So my one information-rich post has engendered two potty mouthed attacks complete with obscenities and the usual ad homs and trolling from asg/mos/ennui.

Lets do the math. That makes it 100% ad hom attacks from 3 different trolls, most complete with obscenities, in response to a simple news story I linked to. Not one of the trolls made any attempt to discuss the news story I posted about. Their only purpose here was to post obscene ad hom attacks, i.e. to troll

Its sad really. We've gotten to the point here at peakoil.com where there are fewer people discussing things then there are trolls mindlessly attacking the people who want to discuss things.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby GHung » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 18:40:27

A "discussion" involves considering both sides of an argument rather than jamming the forum with one cherry-picked side while ignoring any countering/balancing information that puts things in context. Have some Teslas (and other EVs) had problems with battery fires? Yes. Have many ICE vehicles had problems catching fire, along with slews of other endangering issues that resulted in recalls, lawsuits, and bad publicity? Absolutely. I have yet see you acknowledge that. That is also the definition of "troll"; someone who jams a discussion full of one-sided, out-of-context arguments while excluding/ignoring others' arguments, and throwing a lot of patronizing dribble on top.

Behold Plantagenet, reaping what she/he sows.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sun 14 Jul 2019, 05:01:04

Plantagenet wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:... ass....

Your potty mouth is overflowing. You appear to have caught the dreaded ad hom disease from another poster. Please flush and then disinfect.

Cheers!

No Need, you've been as stubborn as a mule over the past few EV threads.
If there were any serious issues with EV batteries, Norway would be reporting then in their hundreds as the country with the largest EV penetration on the planet due to tax incentives nearly 50% of all new vehicles sold there are electric.
https://www.thelocal.no/20190404/reveal ... e-electric
Electric cars for the first time accounted for more than half of new cars in Norway in March, official data showed on Monday, as deliveries of pre-ordered Tesla Model 3s started rolling in.

Of the 18,375 new vehicles registered in March in the country 10,728, or 58.4 percent were electric cars, according to the OFV Advisory Council for Road Traffic in Norway.

Electric cars have been popular in the Nordic country for years, but the March numbers indicated a sharp increase compared to the previous month, when the share of electric cars was about 40 percent.

I suspect that as the transition is still fairly recent that the total number of electric vehicles is still a quite low percentage of the total vehicle fleet at this time.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 14 Jul 2019, 05:58:34

Plant, I'm calling you out over your attitude with EVs.

I know you are no fanboy of EV technology. However, they do have one sterling attribute, especially when a person has their own personal renewable energy power plant.

When gasoline escalates through $5/g to $25/g to $100/g, you can still "fill up" your EV for an amount that a Middle Class person can afford to pay out.

It's happening. Summertime fuel prices on Nantucket regularly dance around $5, and I remember paying $5.659/g in San Jose over a decade ago.

I admit that you have made valid points about the hazards of EVs, which actually are not so much unknown as they are statisticly uncertain. It could hardly be otherwise when ICE vehicles comprise the 95+% share of all vehicles, and EVs are a tiny share. However, with 100's of thousands of EVs and PHEVs on the road, you can reliably say that they are already safer than ICE vehicles with their flammable fuels and fuel leaks and hot exhausts and electrical system faults.

This particular stubborn, conservative, and technology-obsessed retired EE is buying an EV as his next vehicle purchase. That does not mean that I will not also retain the paid-off 2003 Jeep Wrangler or the paid-off 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee as long as I can afford to fuel them.
Both of those Jeeps will be maintained and used by me until I can no longer afford fuel, and probably long after that. Even at $100/g, there are places Jeeps can go - like the remote beaches and dunes of Nantucket - that EVs optimized for road travel would suck at.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sun 14 Jul 2019, 07:28:12

Yes EVs are going to be everywhere in the not too distant future, even off road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quYwo48pr2s
You could always deICE the jeeps if you want to as well, plenty of parts are slowly becoming available as mass produced EVs are crashed and become uneconomical to repair.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 14 Jul 2019, 11:45:18

KaiserJeep wrote:Plant.....I admit that you have made valid points about the hazards of EVs, which actually are not so much unknown as they are statisticly uncertain. It could hardly be otherwise when ICE vehicles comprise the 95+% share of all vehicles, and EVs are a tiny share.

Thank you. You are a man of discernment and intelligence.

KaiserJeep wrote:This particular stubborn, conservative, and technology-obsessed retired EE is buying an EV as his next vehicle purchase. That does not mean that I will not also retain the paid-off 2003 Jeep Wrangler or the paid-off 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee as long as I can afford to fuel them.

Good for you. Please keep us updated when it gets to be time for you to make an EV purchase.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 14 Jul 2019, 11:55:00

Harley Davidson has finally gone into production on its EV motorcycle---the Livewire.

Harley Davidson EV motorcycle

They're pricing it at 30K, which seems a bit steep but the specs are outrageous. No word yet on whether or not it will be equipped with enormous loudspeakers to rumble out the classic trademarked and copyrighted Harley Davidson sound....po ta to po ta to po ta to.

Or if it will only emit a high pitched whine like an oversized mosquito eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! The new sound of the Harley Davidson Livewire
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Energy Technology