Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Guy McPherson Pt. 1

Re: Guy McPherson

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 15 Jun 2019, 08:59:14

Ibon, the problem is that I just don't believe that the rich are the least prepared to survive. Or even that their lifestyles require more energy and thus they will not get enough to support such.

I mean, what makes them "the rich" is they have access to more of everything than they actually need. The well-off in Nantucket Island for example, have 50+ year old vehicles with inefficient carburetors that look brand new because they are garaged except for a few Summer weeks, for decades on end. That they now fill these 10mpg older vehicles with $100/tank in fuel (The island Summer fuel prices exceed $5/g.) instead of $25/tank does not seem to discourage traffic gridlock or any other evidence of conspicious consumption.

Meanwhile, the Town Dump has a "take away" section, where local residents carry away the discarded or unfashionable furnishings of those who are re-decorating, again. Everything I need hired done (Plumbing, masonry, etc.) out there comes with a starting quote of $2800, because that is how the local residents survive, by overcharging for services and repairs, and utilizing the discards from the households of the wealthy. Fuel and food and everything else costs too much. Many restaurants have two dining rooms and two menus with two very different prices, the better to serve both the wealthy and the Middle Class year round residents.

Last Fall. there was a strike by the local supermarket employees of Stop-and-Shop, the only island food source (they have 3 on-island stores, having replaced the A&P and Kroger in years back). The locals were getting paid the same Union wages as mainland employees, which meant they were suffering greatly. Which in turn meant that the local island employees of Stop-and-Shop were striking against the other year-round Islanders, because the wealthy were still going to local restaurants which had quietly closed the Middle Class dining areas and were guoging everybody from the high-priced menus. The restaurants had long ago transitioned to mainland food sources via private trucks, with weekly deliveries via the ferry. The local convenience store (called Cumberland Farms) sold out of all food items daily.

The locals were taking seafood out of season to survive the strike, and the enforcement of fishing seasons was non-existent. Fortunately the wife and I heard about this from friends before we reached the island, and we stopped and filled insulated bags with food and ice at Costco and mainland supermarkets. We bartered some of it, occaisionally went to the overpriced restaurants, and bought eggs and milk and bread at just the right time in the right place, because the wife's Portuguese relatives were tipping her off.

Had it been just me and the kids/grandkids, we would have had to cut vacation short and leave the island early. The Summer-only folks meanwhile were still parking their jets at the airport and running one engine continuously for days, to work around the absence of starting carts for anything but a 737 at that airport. They were of course doing this with jet fuel prices 3X as high as the mainland.

In truth, the least affluent suffered the most, the Middle Class scrambled to cope, and the Summer-only crowd hardly noticed the supermarket strike, as their lifestyles were little effected. Of course they complained about the inconvenience of having to eat out three meals per day, and to actually have to wait 30 minutes or more just to buy breakfast.

I'm thinking that in the USA, come the oil peak, the Welfare recipients starve first, followed by the Middle Classes. I doubt the wealthy folks will notice much or care any. I never heard anyof THEM complaining about $20 sandwiches or $8 cups of regular coffee, but I noticed and felt the sting.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 15 Jun 2019, 13:15:04

KaiserJeep wrote:
I'm thinking that in the USA, come the oil peak, the Welfare recipients starve first, followed by the Middle Classes. I doubt the wealthy folks will notice much or care any. I never heard anyof THEM complaining about $20 sandwiches or $8 cups of regular coffee, but I noticed and felt the sting.

Your points are good but your example of Nantucket underscores my point as well. It is an island, a protective enclave with restricted movement.

In business for 15 years in Latin America my main market was Brazil. 3-5 trips per year for 15 years put me there over 60 times plus I have close relatives there. I always have loved Brazilian culture, this giant melting pot that had has aspects like the USA but so much more tropical and latino and fun. The wealthy have to invest so much of their time money and emotional wellbeing on security due to rogue crime on the streets that there is this ghettofication of the wealthy that confines more and more into gated enclaves. Your example of Nantucket fits that perfectly.

There is vulnerability here because outside these enclaves they are like bunnies surrounded by jackals
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 15 Jun 2019, 13:49:14

"There is vulnerability here because outside these enclaves they are like bunnies surrounded by jackals" Ultimately, what gives the rich their advantages? Money. When the Economies cease to function in a way viable for trade and mass consumerism, that money will be worthless. It is NOT only PO that can cause economies to crash but also environmental calamities, wars, pandemics, resource shortages etc. And by way these eventualities just mentioned in themselves can just as easily claim the lives of the rich also. The Plague in the dark ages was not confined to any economic class.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 15 Jun 2019, 17:21:11

The only currency to go worthless in North America in over a century, including the Great Depression, was printed in the Confederacy:

It's not impossible, the way they are deficit spending, but that seems to promote inflation that is 2X to 3X the official amount, not worthless money.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Hope for the best.....

Unread postby Whitefang » Sun 16 Jun 2019, 12:43:52

Prep for the worst 8)

We parents or adults that care for their beloved want to know what is coming, what is on the road.
Part of our nature to want to know, not a mere ambition or motivated by fear or self pity, just like scientific curiosity a natural drive, a handy tool to prepare for a likely future.
Death always sits comfy at the center, why study, work, eat, drink or do anything?

Guy is amazed this circus is still working and indeed he thought peakoil would have driven this madness over the brink a decade ago, then abrupt CC this or next decade.
He is happy it takes more time to unravel, our giant worldwide manageable heap of practical nonsense, Earth thank God being a giant system and power, infrastructure still standing.
50 million people living South America might start to think different after the powerdown today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtlDretV1WU

The top 8000 who control the 50 to 200 Trillion Dollars/Euros are preppers, with private armies, massmedia propaganda, doomsteads, bug out ships, planes, trains, cars and bags…..
Since most of them are Lucifarians I would not expect any help from them.
They need others to do their dirty work, none of them will make it and to me that is a source of joy, drain the swamp.
People who sold out to the dark side, torture and kill children or just BAU, instigate wars, idiocy of treason that leads to bombing and killing of families by mercinaries.
Parents should defy them, stand up, speak out and kill them, all of them, no excuse.
Like Guy says, we are grain based, cornfed and no way able to adapt to abrupt CC that has just started to gear up.
We are done with foreplay, down to business, not as usual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferianism

https://newspunch.com/dutch-banker-illuminati-dead/

Deputies pinged his cell phone but it kept showing different locations and Bernard called back several times — he said his life was in danger — but he kept moving despite being told to stay put, deputies said. The last contact dispatchers had with the former banker was at 6:13 p.m.

At 8:24 p.m., the Polk County helicopter spotted Bernard, who was face down in shallow water about 300 yards away from the last known location of his cell phone and 1.8 miles from the entrance to the trail at Sun ‘n Lake Boulevard and Balboa Boulevard.
The cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.
[Banker: I Was Told To Sacrifice Children At Illuminati Party]
Ronald Bernard blew the whistle on occult practices and child sacrifice among banking industry elites, describing his experiences in a gut-wrenching TV interview that went viral earlier this year. Sharing explicit details about the way the Illuminati uses child sacrifice to test and blackmail its members, he said he was asked to sacrifice a child at a party.
“I was warned off when I got into this – don’t do this unless you can put your conscience 100% in the freezer. I heard myself laugh at it back then, but it wasn’t a joke at all.”
“I was training to become a psychopath and I failed.”
Describing the period his “freezer began to malfunction”, Ronald also told stories about crashing national economies and bankrupting companies. These actions led to suicides and destruction – successes worth celebrating, according to his banker colleagues.

PTB are cleaning up loose ends

That were summer 2017, then we had pizzagate, you do the math…..

Our Dutch government is at least as bad, arguably worse even, our former officer of justice 2002 to 2012, Joris Demmink loves to rape children, woody gangbang style, then make a girl deliver in a park and f... her child to death in front of her, speak about evil….stupidy extreme.
Anyone opposing these party people gets my support, heck, even Trump. :roll:
I first thought the Party People ridiculed Trump and this motivated him to become the official number one, he is not to take Manhattan, belong with the topdogs, now I think he found out about child sacrifice and since he is a true parent, I hope and think he is, he decided to go to war with them, let them get close, wait patiently and strike back.
Fits with cutting funds of FBI and the like.....choke the swamp. 1500 child traffickers picked up.
Last edited by Whitefang on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 14:04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Hope for the best.....

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 16 Jun 2019, 14:04:08

Whitefang wrote:The top 8000 who control the 50 to 200 Trillion Dollars/Euros are preppers, with private armies, massmedia propaganda, doomsteads, bug out ships, planes, trains, cars and bags…..
Since most of them are Lucifarians

Oh please. So incredibly tired of the class-warfare sentiment, especially when it's laced with nuttery like this. It's all just envy. The only difference between a redneck doomsday prepper with his well-armed hideout with guns, rations and whiskey in Idaho and a rich guy with his reserved bunker is how much money they have to invest. The desire to protect your resources is innates. So if the rich are "lucifarians" then so are the doomer salt of the earth.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 16 Jun 2019, 17:23:35

asg70 wrote:Adam, Guy may be overstating the environmental sitaution but as time goes on the experts continue to gravitate closer and closer to his position, like the news stories going around lately talking about civilizational collapse by mid-century. So don't be too quick to disregard his warnings.

Oh, I find human interference in earth's climate system a perfectly reasonable concept. Even claims that the adaption of our species to a changing climate will be quite disturbing.

I find fools repeatably claiming the end of the world tomorrow afternoon (regardless of why), and then 2 days later doing it again, quite insufferable. Peak oil fit exactly this pattern as well. So did Ehrlich. Harold Camping, David Koresh, Jim Jones, the Heaven's Gaters, and so on and so forth.

When we then discover there are ulterior motives to these claims? Well...that is just icing on the cake.

To be honest, can any guy honestly blame Guy for enjoying the collection of some doom groupie action by gilding the lily? Guy is no youngster, what does an honest assessment of mid-century doom do his physical needs? He would just another pathetic old fart at the bar, trying to impress women with this scary story or another that effects them not in the least.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Hope for the best.....

Unread postby Whitefang » Wed 19 Jun 2019, 14:01:49

asg70 wrote:
Whitefang wrote:The top 8000 who control the 50 to 200 Trillion Dollars/Euros are preppers, with private armies, massmedia propaganda, doomsteads, bug out ships, planes, trains, cars and bags…..
Since most of them are Lucifarians

Oh please. So incredibly tired of the class-warfare sentiment, especially when it's laced with nuttery like this. It's all just envy. The only difference between a redneck doomsday prepper with his well-armed hideout with guns, rations and whiskey in Idaho and a rich guy with his reserved bunker is how much money they have to invest. The desire to protect your resources is innates. So if the rich are "lucifarians" then so are the doomer salt of the earth.

If only it would be that simple asg, I wish it would just be nutty me with envy on top.
Excuse my little rant, just ventilating my feelings.
To be envy you need to measure what you do against other people, what they do and own, you need to be motivated by ambition and fear.
There are tonnes of people I like, few I love but I have a lack of self pity which makes me ruthless and I happen to belong to those that do not care about other people at all, not even a little bit. Rich or poor, literate or not, dope and sex parties, whatever you believe or think or do, fine with me.
I have no interest in people, not even in judging them. I have strong feelings for some actions though.
My only link to them is that I act, play my part in this folly we call humanity, the small part, the little world, the known.

If I notice a beast killing children/others I go for the kill, hunt them down. Normal behaviour for a parent I think.
The thing that makes me angry is that I understand a wild beast eating prey for food but I am at loss with these people that think they are monsters, the extremely petty little tyrants that practise child sacrifice, or just torture/rape children for personal pleasure.
Power corrupts and our worldwide empire is fy far the most powerfull in history.
TPTB are protected by media, police, laws.......I call them the Party People, the untouchables.

If we the more or less sane people would know we would unite and finish them all within a generation, including the poor that do equally horrific shit.
If not we go for the default, might be next decade, win as they will die with us, they are control freaks, agressive out of fear, our first true enemy.

You want proof?

Go Google yourself.

Allrighty then, back to Guy, walking away from empire..... :oops:
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 11:55:16

The problems I see in the world that portend doom are more related to the inaction of this thing we call 'government' which we use to express our common will. That inaction almost always can be traced to how government is beholden to political will. In the US, the rich enjoy a system where they don't have to compete as briskly as the middle-class or the poor do. The rich may have certain bad habits, but those things are probably represented as yearnings to establish those same bad habits, when it comes to those less well off. Everybody is pretty much the same. Our biggest problem is that instead of seeing our inherent equality we can't wait to establish differences. It's great that we are diverse, but we shouldn't let those differences get in the way of anybody taking their turn, when it comes up. Nobody should be special enough to go out of turn, nor so uninformed or lowly that they forego theirs. As far as government is concerned, it would operate a whole lot better if it didn't work with an understanding of who it pretty much expected would go next all of the time, and, instead, as if it expected that any one of its citizens might.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Swallow this......

Unread postby Whitefang » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 14:25:19

More nuttery:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=nx ... &FORM=VIRE

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/nxivm-tri ... sacrifice/

“Do you think the person who’s being branded should be held to the table, almost like a sacrifice?” Raniere said to his onetime co-conspirator Allison Mack in a 2017 conversation that was captured on audiotape. “That’s a feeling of submission…It probably should be a more vulnerable position. Laying on the back, legs spread straight, held to the table. Hands above the head, probably held, almost like sacrificial.”

With prosecutors in the trial of cult leader Keith Raniere planning to introduce evidence on the NXIVM sex cult’s deep oppposition research files on its political enemies including Roger Stone, documents from the archives are shedding light on how the sex cult stored data on top politicians including Chuck Schumer — whom the cult viewed as a “friendly” ally according to ex-employee Frank Parlato — and Hillary Clinton.
Trending: NXIVM Cult’s Daycare Centers: Human Experiments Left Children Damaged For Life

After the pizza we get more idiocy like uncle Bill flying high on the Lolita express…….

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ltiple-lo/

An investigation into official flight records of financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express” are once again dragging former President Bill Clinton into the national spotlight.
Flight logs obtained by Gawker in January 2015 put Mr. Clinton on the billionaire’s infamous jet more than a dozen times — sometimes with a woman whom federal prosecutors suspect of procuring underage sex victims for Mr. Epstein. Fox News reported Friday that records show Mr. Clinton declined Secret Service protection on at least five flights.
The network’s investigation reveals Mr. Clinton flew on the Boeing 727 “Lolita Express” 26 times, more than doubling the previously reported 11 trips.
“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile. Why would a former president associate with a man like that?” said Conchita Sarnoff of the Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, Fox reported. Ms. Sarnoff also authored a book on Mr. Epstein titled “TrafficKing.”
Mr. Epstein was arrested in 2005 and signed a plea agreement in 2007 with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, accepting a single charge of soliciting prostitution. He agreed to a 30-month sentence, registered as a “Tier 1” sex offender with the U.S. Virgin Islands and paid dozens of young girls under a federal statute providing for compensation to victims of child sexual abuse.

Almost 2 decades after the 911 false flag attacks where the same criminals started WW3, The war of Terror, profs writing books on the 400 plus things that did and do not or ever will add up, Lucky Larry S. granted Billions instead of sentenced to torture and a slow death like the hundreds of patsies at Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk

We, Larry and others made the decision to pull and we watched the building, WTC 7 collapse...........
It takes weeks for specialists to install thermite on the steel structure and detonate all the charges in a row to make the building collapse on its footprint.
About that Dick of a Cheney:

From Norman Mineta’s testimony:

“During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said to the vice president “do the orders still stand?” And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary!?

After dozens of new fresh wars and other idiocy from our collective management your only excuse is "Ich hab es nie Gewusst"
My parents who watch, read fake news on CNN, BBC, NOS, Fox and the like, mainstream are caught up in propaganda and indeed are unaware, not informed. But for you guys and the occasional girl, you should have been more open to the things we do not want to know, like abrupt CC.
I am thank God a sweet kind and generous person for those I like and I joined the IPP, International Pirate Party, who are just like Ronald Bernard up for personal freedom, people who stand up for themselves and others, fight crime as it is a predatory and lethal world.
I were wrong on Ronald Bernard being killed in Florida, he is alive and well after serving time at a high risk terror facility in Belgium, he were warned to stay on his field by the powers that be.

Back on track since abrupt CC makes everything equally unimportant:

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php?topic=443.0

On a conspiratorial note it's worth pondering what happened to S&S's research on methane plumes in the ESAS. We went from huge releases that would change everything to total silence in an astonishingly short period. The Canadian government has been caught actively suppressing climate change information & while Obama has publicly called for transparency there still seem to be research projects that lose funding.

Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Swallow this......

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 01:19:02

Whitefang wrote:More nuttery:
Almost 2 decades after the 911 false flag attacks

There, fixed it for ya. Trootherism IS nuttery.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Ali Baba.........

Unread postby Whitefang » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 09:06:13

asg70 wrote:
Whitefang wrote:More nuttery:
Almost 2 decades after the 911 false flag attacks

There, fixed it for ya. Trootherism IS nuttery.

I admit, confess being a fool and nutcase sometimes, I am an expert procrastinator not to act upon my knowledge, very stupid indeed, might as well not have some knowledge at all.
But complete fools and nutcases are those who collaborate with party people who gave humanity world/nation wars, from agriculture on.
You give these people an excuse to do what they do, invade the Middle East, Africa, Central and South America, Eastern Europe...…
You still believe in Ali Baba and his 40 robbers fantasy who from caves, armed with beards and knives, mobile high tech telephones beat the NATO, Pentagon?

No excuse for you asg70, you should have looked into the matter yourself, made up your own mind instead the BS you claim to be true.
I am a pirate. Who are you?

https://pp-international.net/

Oops, that linky does not provide info, better the Dutch version of the Pirate Party:

https://wiki.piratenpartij.nl/tk2017:englishprogram

We believe that your life is better when you make your own choices.
We feel the government should interfere less with you and big companies should have less influence.
We want to keep our government and corporations in check by holding them accountable to society, and by providing citizens a say.
We want to enter Parliament to arrange just that.

In your own Mothertongue, easy as pie.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Dude

Unread postby Whitefang » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 13:41:33

http://www.911dude.com/suspects.html

"Distinguished national and international scientists and scholars present massive evidence that the 9/11 Commission Report is a hoax and that the 9/11 "terrorist attack" has been manipulated to serve a hegemonic agenda in the Middle East.
We know that it is strictly impossible for any building, much less steel columned buildings, to "pancake" at free fall speed. Therefore, it is a non-controversial fact that the official explanation of the collapse of the WTC buildings is false.

So all these national and international scientists and scholars are nuts?

Is that your only defence of your opinion that the official narrative is true?

These suspects should all be picked up, kept in prison, then after a trial like Nürnberg, with evidence, not torture, convicted of treason, massmurder, acts against humanity, genocide......you name it.
Would that lead to civil war? Probably, but in the face of abrupt CC, what do people have to loose?
Perfectly legal to me to go for tyrannicide if your own management does kamikaze idiocy on your doorstep, prime economic Wall Street.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 17:20:54

White, some people if not most are more ready to believe a comforting lie than a distressing truth.
911truth.org
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: Ali Baba.........

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 23 Jun 2019, 18:24:51

Whitefang wrote:No excuse for you asg70,

Best way to derail a thread is to call out troothers as nuts. Then we'll have 99 pages of 911 garbage (like there already is in this forum someplace). Bottom line is I think 911 trootherism is nuts and no amount of ad homming or spurious attempts to prove it will change matters. I mean, it's been 18 years already. I have "looked into the matter" enough, thank you very much. Don't waste my time or anybody else who has no interest in 911 crap in this particular thread.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Whitefang » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 11:57:02

Right asg and OL, no amount of ad homming or spurious attempts to prove it will change your mind, a waste of time indeed and polluting the Guy McP thread.
Since Guy is labeled by TPTB as a radical, he is very likely pro Truth.

Lemmy see……July last year, presentation on 911 garbage. 911 belongs here on the Guy thread :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13nEp6gyYVg

Thank-you SD911Thuth for presenting this most important presentation, and for many years of truth-seeking and education.
Guy is telling the ultimate truth -- at great personal expense and abuse. The truth hurts, but the lies are KILLING us!
Time is short. Tell people you love them!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Guy_McPherson

Look at the effort they make to paint him as black as possible, a whole page of rationale, eager to prove him wrong:

Analysis of the data by knowledgeable science educators such as Scott K. Johnson[7] and working scientists such as Michael Tobis[8] shows that McPherson wildly distorts climate science — especially developments about methane emissions from the Arctic — to support his conclusions. They also refute his claims related to runaway climate "feedbacks" as, variously, "not fast enough", not meeting the technical description of positive feedbacks, or actually constituting negative feedbacks. Additionally, Tobis points out that some of McPherson's statements — such as one nonsensical prediction of chain nuclear meltdowns — have literally nothing to do with climate science.
McPherson also claims that the United States government, and virtually all high-profile scientists and activists (like James Hansen), know we are beyond the point of no return, but are purposefully making conservative predictions to mislead the public. He also claims that he was under surveillance by the NSA when he was teaching and was nearly assassinated to avoid spreading the truth.[9] Radio host Alex Smith explored the problematic reasoning and possible motivations behind McPherson's nihilistic views[10] and also researched dubious sources of the purported extinction date,[11] on the weekly Ecoshock program.
A quick review of any of the comments McPherson et al. make on critical articles, or the edit history of this very page, reveals that McPherson and his followers are quick to react to criticism with the predictable set of ad hominem attacks ("white male science," etc.) rather than with rational, peer-reviewed, or otherwise widely accepted scientific arguments. McPherson himself — again, see his apparent attempts at vandalism[12] — admits to cherry picking data that support his views.[13]

McPherson is not the opposite of a denialist. He is a denialist, albeit of a different stripe. To watch him at work and to watch Tony Watts is to watch birds of a feather. Not evidence-based policy but policy-based evidence. Not part of the solution. Part of the problem.
—Michael Tobis, climate scientist[1]
Guy McPherson is Professor Emeritus of Natural Resources and Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at the University of Arizona. An author, blogger, and parallel universe version of Bjørn Lomborg, McPherson theorizes that runaway climate change constitutes a near-term human extinction event primarily due to "the consequences of taking down more than 200 species each day: at some point, the species we take into the abyss is Homo sapiens".[2] McPherson first gained notoriety in the mid 2000s by predicting the end of civilization in under a decade due to peak oil, but as that failed to materialize he's switched gears to climate, and has gained a cultishly persistent following in the deep ecology/"doomer" fringe of the hard green movement. His blog is called Nature Bats Last.
According to McPherson, current climate data demonstrates that it is far too late to cut down on carbon emissions and mitigate the 40-year[3] global warming process; accelerating climate feedbacks could cause a global average temperature increase of between >1° and >6° Celsius. This could eventuate in humanity dying out by 2030 at the latest although as of 2016 he makes it clear that he considers 2030 as a conservative estimate and that it won't be "business as usual" many years before that date.[4] So apocalypse could begin within the next couple years or maybe the next couple years after that and so on. You decide. McPherson cites Paul Beckwith as saying that the earth could warm by 6°C in a decade and believes that a warming of 4° to 6° C will result in "a dead planet". He predicts an even greater rise but argues that anything more would be more than enough to do the worthless eaters in anyway.[5] This will amount to a recreation of the biotic disaster of the "Great Dying" when micro-organisms were the dominant form of life for many millions of years.[6]
Contents [hide]

Scott KJ is into sugar, not abrupt CC.
Michael T has a PhD in atmospheric science, his income depends on blogs and reports for those interested in promoting their vieuws for the public.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Methane

Look, methane increase this decade had nothing to do with the ESAS, but just cow fartings….. :oops: Ahhh, stupid me. Chips, they burb methane instead of fart 8)

In waste management[edit]
In many modern wastewater and sludge treatment processes as well as solid organic waste management, anaerobic digestion (microbial conversion in the absence of oxygen) is used to remove pathogens and nutrients, reducing the harmful effects of our waste on the environment. Anaerobic degradation also occurs in landfills. The end product of this anaerobic processing is biogas, of which the greater part is methane and the lesser part is carbon dioxide. Biogas is a relatively clean and effective energy source, because the products of burning biogas are water and carbon dioxide. Thus anaerobic digestion gives us a renewable resource due to the constant and growing nature of human waste generation.
In global warming[edit]
As well as a fuel, it is a vicious greenhouse gas - around 24 times more effective at positive radiative forcing than carbon dioxide. The only reason that it isn't, under normal circumstances, as much of a problem as carbon dioxide is its relatively low lifetime in the atmosphere, approximately 12 years. Its global warming potential significantly reduces over time because methane oxidizes naturally in the atmosphere to produce carbon dioxide and water. But, as methane is such a powerful greenhouse gas, any rapid increase in its atmospheric concentration would be very noticeable and potentially devastating.
Methane frozen in ice[edit]
Methane that has been stored in ice (as clathrates) can be released into the atmosphere as ice caps and glaciers melt - accelerating global warming far more dramatically than CO2 could on its own. Indeed, massive events where large quantities of methane have been released from clathrates are suspected to be responsible for some of the warmest periods in Earth's history, and possibly the mass extinction event at the end of the Permian.
The amount of methane stored in ice and water, and the rate that it will be released into the atmosphere is one of the points of contention for scientists trying to model and predict climate change. In the worst case scenario, the anthropogenic component of global warming might cause enough methane to be released to make the damage sudden, devastating and irrevocable.
This is proof positive that we need to harvest as much frozen methane off the sea floors as we possibly can, before it melts and escapes into the air.Do You Believe That?
It's the cows, stupid[edit]
The release of methane by farm animals, specifically cows (but also sheep and goats), has been used as an argument for vegetarianism for several years. However, science has determined that fish oils[1] reduce cow farts by about one-fifth. Feed a cow a fish, and it won’t fart for a day.[2] Teach a cow to fish, and it will never emit greenhouse gas again and we're free to eat as many burgers as we like. Sort of

Now who is funding rationalwiki?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalW ... Foundation

The RationalMedia Foundation (RMF), previously the RationalWiki Foundation (RWF),[note 1] owns and operates the RationalWiki.org website and operated the EvolutionWiki.org website before its integration into the former. The Foundation is a non-profit corporation under the laws of New Mexico and a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3)[1] of the United States Internal Revenue Code (see Financial status).
The mission of the Foundation is to promote science, critical thinking, and rational discourse through open and collaborative media. The Foundation seeks to develop and publicize free educational and collaborative content, create community-focused software, and to connect and advance the global community of rational thinkers.
The Foundation is run by a Board of Trustees made up of and elected annually by RationalWiki users. The main jobs of the Trustees are to hire the Operations Manager, monitor the financial state of the RationalWiki website, and to pursue and promote projects that further its mission. The structure and rules of the Foundation can be found in the by-laws.
However, the Foundation does not directly control the content of RationalWiki.org. For a deeper explanation of the Foundation and its management of the RationalWiki website please see our article on the Foundation's role.

mmmmm, complicated :roll:
Last edited by Whitefang on Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:21:09, edited 3 times in total.
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 12:12:12

onlooker wrote:White, some people if not most are more ready to believe a comforting lie than a distressing truth.

Sort of like..peak oilers?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 24 Jun 2019, 13:18:26

AdamB wrote:
onlooker wrote:White, some people if not most are more ready to believe a comforting lie than a distressing truth.

Sort of like..peak oilers?

Yep. Denial is a two-way-street.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Guy McPherson Pt. 1

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 28 Jun 2019, 11:36:23

Haven't read all of this stuff here. Yes, Guy is sensitive to which way the wind is REALLY blowing.

France today just clocked in at 114.5 degree F. I've experienced 110 degrees F. The US has been in a cooler spell because that tight mass of cold air that is supposed to be over the Arctic region has been wondering over the northern USA.

Concerning the fear of the Great Methane Burp, yes, it is PURE speculation. However, consider, that even while we have no historical record of this ever happening over a short time span, we also have no record of the CO2 shooting up as fast as it has been recently (because of us, of course). Just, maybe, there were reasons for it, that it happened over a longer time span which brought into action POSITIVE FEEDBACKS, which we don't really see today, maybe, because of the speed at which all this is happening!

Just saying. Mentally preparing for impact, may be the best thing we can do.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

MOAB coming in

Unread postby Whitefang » Tue 09 Jul 2019, 01:28:33

Part one? Does that imply there is already a part 2? Where?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=nx ... &FORM=VIRE

https://youtu.be/_6JD90yYEww

Google "Epstein temple" and follow the pics......not for the faint at heart.
This is not yet all, remember the rumors on the Bohemian Grove? Woody gangbangs at bonfires before that big owl?
Hundreds of people, children chopped up? Drugged to plant life? Things too terrible to write about?
The corrupt satanic party people, international and worldwide.
5000 lucifarians with money and half a million servants now running for the door or contemplating suicide.
We parents, patriots and pirates will hunt them down, reinstall the death penalty I suppose, and kill them all, every last freaking one of them.
The say 5000 lucifarians without money?
It is open season, we will get them as well, parenthood means taking care, watching over, to give your last breath if that is needed, to stand up and fight.
Look at Brasil, millions of parents on the street, 2 million truckers blocking highways…….to protect our children.
France yellow jackets, millions on the move.
Holland? Nothing.

Just me rambling I guess :roll:
I am whitefang, mtn coyote with the heart of a boerboel, the only dog that thinks/acts for himself, attacks a threat to the farm, his family without waiting for a command of the master, waiting for a sign of approval. My true nature, what I am, not my choice, my fate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerboel

The protective character of the Boerboel is still evident and is much sought after, as is the calm, stable, and confident composure of the breed. The dogs are obedient and intelligent and have strong territorial instincts. The Boerboel remains the guarding breed of choice amongst current day farmers and is very popular for the same reason in urban communities.[7]The Boerboel is a very powerful breed of dog. Due to its use as a farm dog which brought it into conflict with large African predators such as lions, the Boerboel has been artificially selected for ability to protect themselves and others.

Boerboels are an intelligent and energetic breed.[5] They are loyal, great with children, and tend to be protective of their family and territory.[10][12]
They are quite charming when not being lazy, and will not hesitate to defend their loved ones to the death.[5]
They are often called "Velcro" dogs, always wanting to be with their owners, and so, are not prone to wandering off on their own.
The Boerboel also requires training and firm handling from an early age. [9] It is not unusual for this breed to display aggression toward other dogs or strangers.[13]

Copy/paste from post earlier:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/nxivm-trial-clinton-connected-cult-wanted-human-branding-to-be-like-a-sacrifice/

“Do you think the person who’s being branded should be held to the table, almost like a sacrifice?” Raniere said to his onetime co-conspirator Allison Mack in a 2017 conversation that was captured on audiotape. “That’s a feeling of submission…It probably should be a more vulnerable position. Laying on the back, legs spread straight, held to the table. Hands above the head, probably held, almost like sacrificial.”

With prosecutors in the trial of cult leader Keith Raniere planning to introduce evidence on the NXIVM sex cult’s deep oppposition research files on its political enemies including Roger Stone, documents from the archives are shedding light on how the sex cult stored data on top politicians including Chuck Schumer — whom the cult viewed as a “friendly” ally according to ex-employee Frank Parlato — and Hillary Clinton.
Trending: NXIVM Cult’s Daycare Centers: Human Experiments Left Children Damaged For Life

After the pizza we get more idiocy like uncle Bill flying high on the Lolita express…….

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ltiple-lo/

An investigation into official flight records of financier and convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express” are once again dragging former President Bill Clinton into the national spotlight.
Flight logs obtained by Gawker in January 2015 put Mr. Clinton on the billionaire’s infamous jet more than a dozen times — sometimes with a woman whom federal prosecutors suspect of procuring underage sex victims for Mr. Epstein. Fox News reported Friday that records show Mr. Clinton declined Secret Service protection on at least five flights.
The network’s investigation reveals Mr. Clinton flew on the Boeing 727 “Lolita Express” 26 times, more than doubling the previously reported 11 trips.
“Bill Clinton … associated with a man like Jeffrey Epstein, who everyone in New York, certainly within his inner circles, knew was a pedophile. Why would a former president associate with a man like that?” said Conchita Sarnoff of the Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit Alliance to Rescue Victims of Trafficking, Fox reported. Ms. Sarnoff also authored a book on Mr. Epstein titled “TrafficKing.”
Mr. Epstein was arrested in 2005 and signed a plea agreement in 2007 with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, accepting a single charge of soliciting prostitution. He agreed to a 30-month sentence, registered as a “Tier 1” sex offender with the U.S. Virgin Islands and paid dozens of young girls under a federal statute providing for compensation to victims of child sexual abuse.

Almost 2 decades after the 911 false flag attacks where the same criminals started WW3, The war of Terror, profs writing books on the 400 plus things that did and do not or ever will add up, Lucky Larry S. granted Billions instead of sentenced to torture and a slow death like the hundreds of patsies at Cuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk

We, Larry and others made the decision to pull and we watched the building, WTC 7 collapse...........
It takes weeks for specialists to install thermite on the steel structure and detonate all the charges in a row to make the building collapse on its footprint.
About that Dick of a Cheney:

From Norman Mineta’s testimony:

“During the time that the airplane was coming into the Pentagon, there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President…the plane is 50 miles out…the plane is 30 miles out….and when it got down to the plane is 10 miles out, the young man also said to the vice president “do the orders still stand?” And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said “Of course the orders still stand, have you heard anything to the contrary!?

After dozens of new fresh wars and other idiocy from our collective management your only excuse is "Ich hab es nie Gewusst"
My parents who watch, read fake news on CNN, BBC, NOS, Fox and the like, mainstream are caught up in propaganda and indeed are unaware, not informed. But for you guys and the occasional girl, you should have been more open to the things we do not want to know, like abrupt CC.
I am thank God a sweet kind and generous person for those I like and I joined the IPP, International Pirate Party, who are just like Ronald Bernard up for personal freedom, people who stand up for themselves and others, fight crime as it is a predatory and lethal world.
I were wrong on Ronald Bernard being killed in Florida, he is alive and well after serving time at a high risk terror facility in Belgium, he were warned to stay on his field by the powers that be.

Back on track since abrupt CC makes everything equally unimportant:

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php?topic=443.0

On a conspiratorial note it's worth pondering what happened to S&S's research on methane plumes in the ESAS. We went from huge releases that would change everything to total silence in an astonishingly short period. The Canadian government has been caught actively suppressing climate change information & while Obama has publicly called for transparency there still seem to be research projects that lose funding.

[/quote]
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate