Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 7

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 7

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 13:54:56

shortonoil wrote: ZH is likely to be the least of your concerns.

Speaking of "concerns", don't you have a bet to pay???
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 15:22:51

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... wu0ikRljJc
Looks like the fuse for enviro-economic disaster has been lit,

"It's A Disaster Like I've Never Seen Before": 2019 Could Be Worst Year Ever For US Corn Farmers"
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 15:26:01

shortonoil wrote:If there were any mosquitoes around here some one would have noticed. They are almost as annoying, and repulsive as you are! I have only checked for about a 30 mile radius so far. I'll be checking various contacts up and down the East coast this week. Around this area on the East side of the Chesapeake Bay most of the insects are gone. Daddy Long Legs that numbered in the millions on this property have completely vanished. ZH is likely to be the least of your concerns.

US Steel Plants Are Going Idle, But The Fed Perpetuates The Myth That Everything Is Just Fine

-Our ongoing “retail apocalypse” is absolutely brutalizing the retail industry, and we are on pace to have the worst year for store closings in our entire history.
-Auto industry sales have been absolutely abysmal, and auto loan delinquencies have shot up to alarmingly high levels.
-The agriculture industry is going to have the worst year it has seen in at least several decades.
-Our 800 billion dollar trucking industry is already in the midst of a “bloodbath”.
-The real estate industry is poised for the worst downturn that we have seen since the subprime mortgage meltdown during the last financial crisis.
-The manufacturing industry has not seen numbers this bad since the last recession, and things are rapidly getting worse.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... -just-fine

Also, NY and Philly FED took major dumps this week.

This is going to make 2008 look like a day at Disney World and the FED is almost out of magic bean. 2008 wasn’t global like this is going to be. We won’t have China to bail us out this time.

So glad I spent my entire life’s savings on gold and silver. Yes, I put my money where my mouth is.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GHung » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 15:57:06

onlooker wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-17/its-disaster-ive-never-seen-2019-could-be-worst-year-ever-us-corn-farmers?fbclid=IwAR2K3FTCuy-r4GfcSZ21yumTVyljW5eHqQujZSTpUxI1LueJwwu0ikRljJc

"It's A Disaster Like I've Never Seen Before": 2019 Could Be Worst Year Ever For US Corn Farmers"

Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 15:59:01

This is going to make 2008 look like a day at Disney World and the FED is almost out of magic bean. 2008 wasn’t global like this is going to be. We won’t have China to bail us out this time.

The velocity of money for the global money supply has fallen through the floor; 1.08 compared to the US of 1.42. Of course the market is completely ignoring it. The global money supply took a big jump today (CB at work) and the market went nuts. This completely artificial, superficial, pumped up market is looking more and more like the workings of a crack house on steroids every day. The Chinese are going to be too busy looking for a healthy pig to bail out anyone, including themselves. The whole scenario looks like an episode from the Twilight Zone.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 16:30:47

shortonoil wrote:

The velocity of money for the global money supply has fallen through the floor; 1.08 compared to the US of 1.42. Of course the market is completely ignoring it. The global money supply took a big jump today (CB at work) and the market went nuts. This completely artificial, superficial, pumped up market is looking more and more like the workings of a crack house on steroids every day. The Chinese are going to be too busy looking for a healthy pig to bail out anyone, including themselves. The whole scenario looks like an episode from the Twilight Zone.

What is really scary is, bad economic news usually doesn’t start happening until Fall. They may be able to keep this afloat until the 2020 election with massive QE and several rate cuts. That should buy them a little more time. I wanted one more big shipment of silver before it $15.00, but I was a few days late. Oh well, it’s still extremely cheap. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see $2000 gold and $20 silver by years end.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 17:05:55

This is what Yoshua posted at:
viewtopic.php?p=1421512#p1421512

U.S crude inventories are 222 million barrels higher than reported. EIA is cooking the books to support oil prices.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9dMsQ2WsAA ... me=900x900

China is importing 10 mmbpd + domestic production of 4 mmbpd but only consuming 10 mmbpd. China's crude inventories are massive. China doesn't release crude inventory data.

It certainly makes sense with all the bizarre activity we have seen in the price over the last year, or two. If the price goes below $40 the wheels are going to fall off, so they are trying to hold things together with bailing twine, chewing gum, and any shenanigans they can think of. When they finally do lose control it is going to fall into one big heap. Ca-Splat!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 19:48:53

shortonoil wrote:This completely artificial, superficial, pumped up market

We know doomer logic. If the stock market tanks, it's always due to fundamentals. If it's soaring, it's always being propped up artificially. That may seem perfectly logical to you but anyone with a brain can see the bias in this rhetoric a mile away.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 19:52:19

Armageddon wrote:I spent my entire life’s savings on gold and silver. Yes, I put my money where my mouth is.

And nooooooooow we know the real reason why you've decided to camp out here and crap in this thread each and every day. It's not out of any civic duty. It's that you desperately need some form of external validation for betting the farm on precious metals. I'll give you credit for a little honesty, at least.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 20:26:19

asg70 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I spent my entire life’s savings on gold and silver. Yes, I put my money where my mouth is.

And nooooooooow we know the real reason why you've decided to camp out here and crap in this thread each and every day. It's not out of any civic duty. It's that you desperately need some form of external validation for betting the farm on precious metals. I'll give you credit for a little honesty, at least.

Da fuq? I saw this coming in 2007. They stopped it temporarily but now it’s back on. Im doing what many countries and central banks are doing. They are all hoarding gold for a reason. This is crash is coming and there isn’t anything you or I can do about it. I told you all to buy gold and silver a long time ago. It’s starting to break out now.

Buckle up son, QE and rate cuts are coming to a theater near you
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 21:35:35

This program brought to you by Goldline.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 21:55:52

It certainly makes sense with all the bizarre activity we have seen in the price over the last year, or two. If the price goes below $40 the wheels are going to fall off, so they are trying to hold things together with bailing twine, chewing gum, and any shenanigans they can think of. When they finally do lose control it is going to fall into one big heap. Ca-Splat!

you mean like the wheels fell off when oil was well below $40 in 2015 - 2016? :roll:

Please give it a rest.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 20 Jun 2019, 23:57:30

onlooker wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-17/its-disaster-ive-never-seen-2019-could-be-worst-year-ever-us-corn-farmers?fbclid=IwAR2K3FTCuy-r4GfcSZ21yumTVyljW5eHqQujZSTpUxI1LueJwwu0ikRljJc

Seems like if there is NOT enough enough corn, then they should stop using it to mix with gasoline. Isn't that an arbitrary use of the corn anyway (since it has very low EROI)? However, we're going to have to bail out the corn farmers (I thought they were mostly agribusiness corporations anyway).
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 00:10:09

All I can say is: Image
...doesn't look like a bear, looks like a bull...
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 07:11:51

Armageddon wrote:Da fuq?

Nothing you said invalidates what appears to be your motivation to post.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 10:28:21

Buckle up son, QE and rate cuts are coming to a theater near you

Even the bond market is pricing in 3 to 4 rate cuts by the end of 2020, so there is no argument about that happening. The FED always has, and always will do what the bond market tells it to do. The real crisis will come in the credit markets. The CB can print all the currency that they want, but without a means to inject those funds into the system it is only practicing turning the crank on the presses. With interest rates going negative ($12.3 trillion in sovereign bonds are now paying negative rates), and the rest of the economy headed into the dumpster there is not going to be much reason to borrow money. Without a robust credit market the crash is guaranteed. And, there certainly can be no robust credit market when the economy is looking like this

US Steel Plants Are Going Idle, But The Fed Perpetuates The Myth That Everything Is Just Fine

-Our ongoing “retail apocalypse” is absolutely brutalizing the retail industry, and we are on pace to have the worst year for store closings in our entire history.

-Auto industry sales have been absolutely abysmal, and auto loan delinquencies have shot up to alarmingly high levels.

-The agriculture industry is going to have the worst year it has seen in at least several decades.

-Our 800 billion dollar trucking industry is already in the midst of a “bloodbath”.

-The real estate industry is poised for the worst downturn that we have seen since the subprime mortgage meltdown during the last financial crisis.

-The manufacturing industry has not seen numbers this bad since the last recession, and things are rapidly getting worse.

The economy will not expand enough this year to pay for the service cost on its $250+ trillion in debt. The world economy is growing by less than 1%, and even with CB printing it will take better than 1% of organic grow to service that debt. Once the credit markets shutdown the world will be swamped with a deluge of cascading defaults. With the world's primary central banks (FED, ECB, PBOC) now at odds with each other there is no chance of a coordinated approach to stop the decline in this broken monetary system.

side note: Apparently the World Bank has decided not to post the 2018 world GDP numbers this year. Usually they are out in April. Since all they do is add up the GDP reported by individual nations someone else will get around to it. Chance are they will look pretty gruesome. This is looking more and more like the US's 220 mb crude inventory shortage. "When things get bad enough you have to lie." Mario D.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 11:05:02

Global Negative Yielding Debt Soars By $700 Billion In One Day To Record $13 Trillion

such a collapse in yields is not bullish, or indicative of a new golden age for the global economy. Quite the contrary - it signifies that debt investors are more confident than ever that the global growth rate is collapsing and only central bank intervention may possibly delay (not prevent) the world sliding into recession.

Most likely much worse than the usual, garden variety, every day recession. It's the last decade of the oil age. But let's not spook the sheep.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... 3-trillion

ECB Cuts Long-Term GDP Growth, Inflation Forecasts

Even the ECB is throwing in the towel, and acknowledging that growth is dead.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... -forecasts

The credit crash is now baked into the cake.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 12:32:47

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/ ... e3eda0468e

"So while the Fed could theoretically turn on the printing presses in response to a recession, doing so would in no way result in increased credit, and subsequently greater economic vitality. Just as Russia’s entertainers weren’t tricked in 1992, neither would those in possession of real resources in 2019 be fooled by money creation for the sake of it.  Money is a measure, nothing else. To print it on the assumption that it will unearth easy access to goods and services is to presume that producers would readily exchange real resources for paper that would command quite a bit less in return.  It’s a foolhardy assumption."
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 13:02:50

Existing Home Sales Tumble YoY For 15th Month - Worst Run Since Housing Crisis

US Manufacturing PMI Plunges To 10-Year Lows, Services 'Hope' Lowest On Record

We are just scratching the surface to what’s ahead.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 21 Jun 2019, 15:07:23

ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET

Can't pay you - (as we should have expected) you have been cheating! The EIA has been cooking its books.

viewtopic.php?p=1421512#p1421512
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9dMsQ2WsAA ... me=900x900
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance