Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 7

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 7

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 17 Jun 2019, 20:48:42

Trillions of govt spending, 0% interest rates for a decade, bailouts, buyouts, QE 1,2,3 etc stopped the crash. Next question.

I guess if you were such a brilliant forecaster of the economy you would have predicted that would you not? Lots of money could have been made no?

Instead you have been on this continued kick about "buy gold and silver"

If back in 2011 you actually had bought the top three North American gold producers your value would be today: Goldcorp down 78%, Barrick Gold down 73%, Newmont Mining down 41% and you would have missed some profits from the oil and gas companies that are up even after suffering a serious downturn in 2014 due to oversupply ....Total up 17%, Chevron up 12%, Marathon up 160%.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 17 Jun 2019, 21:23:31

rockdoc123 wrote:
Trillions of govt spending, 0% interest rates for a decade, bailouts, buyouts, QE 1,2,3 etc stopped the crash. Next question.

I guess if you were such a brilliant forecaster of the economy you would have predicted that would you not? Lots of money could have been made no?

Instead you have been on this continued kick about "buy gold and silver"

If back in 2011 you actually had bought the top three North American gold producers your value would be today: Goldcorp down 78%, Barrick Gold down 73%, Newmont Mining down 41% and you would have missed some profits from the oil and gas companies that are up even after suffering a serious downturn in 2014 due to oversupply ....Total up 17%, Chevron up 12%, Marathon up 160%.

Before 2009, nobody had heard of QE, so it was nearly impossible to know the FED could pull that out of their asses. They won’t be able to use these magic tricks this time. Their failed policies are being exposed. BTW, my wife makes more on dividends than 90% of people make in a year, so i’m well aware of the stock market gains. For me, i’ll Keep stacking gold and silver. I just bought another shipment today.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 17 Jun 2019, 22:17:48

Before 2009, nobody had heard of QE, so it was nearly impossible to know the FED could pull that out of their asses.

yeah, but you were going on and on about looming economic disaster in 2011 and onwards....quite a while after QE1 and QE2....but I guess it was still impossible for you to know that the FED had that ability, its not like it was in the papers or anything :roll:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 05:54:23

The Fed will announce Wednesday whether they intend to do a rate cut or leave things alone. I see nothing in the economic data which would indicate that a cut would be warranted right now.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4489 ... n-rate-cut
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 06:42:10

Early results from the Paris Air Show are indicating that commercial aircraft orders will be down by about half this year over last. The Greatest Depression marches on.

Of course, Boeing building a plane that flies itself into the ground doesn't help.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Yoshua » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 07:13:14

The ECB is talking about more QE and NIRP. The time has come to end old rules and to buy moooore debt.

Hurray!

https://www.euronews.com/2019/06/18/ecb ... -up-draghi
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 07:33:18

*FRENCH 10-YEAR BOND YIELD FALLS TO 0% FOR THE FIRST TIME

*SWEDISH 10-YEAR BOND YIELD FALLS TO 0% FOR FIRST TIME

*AUSTRIAN 10-YEAR BOND YIELD FALLS BELOW 0% FOR FIRST TIME

You now have to pay your central bank for the privilege of saving money

ZH
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 07:35:38

Cog wrote:The Fed will announce Wednesday whether they intend to do a rate cut or leave things alone. I see nothing in the economic data which would indicate that a cut would be warranted right now.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4489 ... n-rate-cut

They only have 2 percentage points of magic beans to work with. They better wait a few months when the poop really starts hitting before using them.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 08:06:23

Armageddon wrote:Trillions of govt spending, 0% interest rates for a decade, bailouts, buyouts, QE 1,2,3 etc stopped the crash.

So why not show a little gratitude? Would you have preferred the world to have gone to hell in a handbasket instead?
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 08:48:00

asg70 wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Trillions of govt spending, 0% interest rates for a decade, bailouts, buyouts, QE 1,2,3 etc stopped the crash.

So why not show a little gratitude? Would you have preferred the world to have gone to hell in a handbasket instead?

The bigger the bubble, the bigger the crash
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 08:54:30

They only have 2 percentage points of magic beans to work with. They better wait a few months when the poop really starts hitting before using them.

If they cut, bond market rates are going to tank even faster than than they are as the bond market will see it as an indication that the FED is sniffing out a recession. If they don't the equity market is going to throw a temper tantrum. The market's last hope of eternal salvation is now riding on the upcoming G20. The market is now as dysfunctional as the political system; ignore the evidence, and pray for magic beans to come falling out of the sky.

They have been depending on those magic beans since the Asian Financial Crisis, and all they have done is created the biggest pile of debt ever seen this side of the sun. But when you are already dead, and buried it is a little late to start learning from experience.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby GHung » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 09:00:15

asg70 wrote:

I personally deal with my problems before they become unsolvable predicaments. What we have now is a mess, while the rich get filthy richer. Gratitude isn't on my list. Indeed, considering my pay-as-I-go frugal approach to things (living within my freakin' means), aversion to debt, and that I pay a lot of things forward when times are good rather than partying, I would have been fine. Meanwhile, our society has learned nothing except how to avoid being accountable.

Not really sure what the rest of you think will ultimately happen. Pretty sure you don't give a crap about how our (collective) children will deal with over $22 trillion+++ in federal debt + hundreds-of-trillions in other debt and unfunded liabilities.

Consequences be damned is the order of the day. A generation of sociopaths.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 09:13:22

The price of oil hit $51 again this morning before the B Team jumped in to save it. Flying their ACME Road Runner drone into the side of some old rust bucket, delivering three firecrackers, bumped the price about $1.50 for an hour. The market didn't buy it, and it went right back down. If the brain dead, war frenzied Pompano hadn't insisted that the Iranians were using flying torpedoes (the holes were above the water line) they might of got a $2.00 bump. Somewhere in the forties producers will start shutting their doors. How long the Harry, Larry, and Moe show can keep the price up is now the only question. After construction, manufacturing, and world trade have finished going down the proverbial rat hole oil will follow, and that will be the end of it. The end of the oil age will come on a Thursday after the market close.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 09:35:26

Somewhere in the forties producers will start shutting their doors. How long the Harry, Larry, and Moe show can keep the price up is now the only question. After construction, manufacturing, and world trade have finished going down the proverbial rat hole oil will follow, and that will be the end of it. The end of the oil age will come on a Thursday after the market close.

Lets’ see..... oil prices went to just below $30 in the 2014 – 2016 correction and then came back to $75 and are now on another supply/demand correction due to increased production from the US unconventionals. No decrease in demand, no going down a proverbial rat hole and definitely wasn’t the end of the oil age. But according to you, this time is different (just like every time before that). :roll:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 10:00:31

"Miracles Aren't Coming" - Surefire Recession Signals Everywhere

Yield Curve Reaction
The Fed did not reduce the Fed's fund rate. So, why did the yield curve react?
The Fed did slash the discount rate by 50 basis points. The yield curve reacted sharply.
If you think the Fed has a handle on stopping the next recession think again.
As in 2007, they will not even see it. Nor would they admit it if they did.

Watch for Steepening
Watch for a sudden steeping of spreads. Don't expect a long warning period, and don't pay attention to the Fed or president Trump yapping about the strong economy when it happens.
I expect the delay this time may be negative, the recession will already have started.

Miracles Not Coming
The Fed blew another magnificent bubble.
Don't expect miracles. "The next recession is baked in the cake."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06- ... everywhere

What Mike failed to say is that this will be the last recession. Oil has Peaked, the oil age is ending, and the world has piled up more debt than it can repay in the next 1,000 years.

When this one blows the filthy rich are going to become poor and filthy. They invested their wealth into debt!

shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby marmico » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 10:15:43

Shedlock is like the ETP Bozo - noise to signal ratio of 1000 to 1.
marmico
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 11:49:31

The reason they don’t care about debt is because a currency reset is coming. China and Russia are already gearing up for it with the amount of gold they’re hoarding. Trump has to finish working out and balancing the trade deficits before the US can be on board.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 12:47:42

Armageddon wrote:The reason they don’t care about debt is because a currency reset is coming. China and Russia are already gearing up for it with the amount of gold they’re hoarding. Trump has to finish working out and balancing the trade deficits before the US can be on board.

You do know that the "currency reset" and hyperinflation memes have been very active since the early 80's, since the last time we had worrisome inflation, right?

You do know that the ass-clowns predicting doom due to "too much debt", while ignoring overall context have been doing so all during that time, right?

And as rockdoc mentioned upthread, you've been wrong on braying your calls for economic doom on this site for a good eight years, right?

So do all these meaningless predictions and an abysmal track record make you feel important, or what?

In case you haven't noticed, the vast majority of folks here aren't buying your spew, aside from agreeing there might be a recession.

Big hint: The actual issue, causing most of the concerning data and the short term market volatility is over TRADE worries. Real world professional economists (i.e. not you or short) realize this.

I see we're back to approaching all time market highs in the US today, even with all the concerning figures. But I know, you just keep changing the timeframe of your calls and pretending you have a clue what you're talking about. Just like shorty.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby GHung » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 13:12:13

Outcast_Searcher wrote: ......

You do know that the ass-clowns predicting doom due to "too much debt", while ignoring overall context have been doing so all during that time, right?

What "context" would that be? The context that provides you with a bit of comforting confirmation bias?
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 18 Jun 2019, 13:43:05

Central bankers acting like we're in a global recession may just mean we are in a global recession.
— Sven Henrich (@NorthmanTrader) June 18, 2019

Tell us it ain't true. With world trade down 16%, manufacturing down, shipping down, bonds down, employment down how could they have ever gotten an idea like that?
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance