Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 18:43:03

This thread is about unsustainable debt, population growth and resource depletion. If that bothers you then perhaps you should just leave and stop crapping all over everybody else.


like every other thread here it has to abide by the COC. You were jumping up and down on at least two threads about having everyone but the Pope banned because they were doing something or other (that actually wasn't against the COC). So not sure why you have a problem with this. The danged Moderators were ticked off enough to delete the posts and send a warning, perhaps you should take this up with them?

and I have received several compliments for my post of links.


well perhaps they were useful the first time you posted them on another thread but the tenth (or larger) time is repetitive and, as the mods point out against the COC.

you want to be a bully and control all the information for everyone


what part do you not understand about the COC forbidding repetitive posts with no comments? I'm not the bully here, you seem to want to ignore the rules and even when warned think you are above the rules. As I said it is quite easy to post opinions and relevant links without spamming the site. It is an etiquette that everyone would appreciate.

So why don't you clean the sand out of your clit and move along


Once again demonstrating the kind of language that one would expect from someone with a low intellect likely living in his parent's basement, not someone with an advanced degree. :roll:
User avatar
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7304
Joined: Mon 16 May 2005, 02:00:00

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 19:02:16

pstarr wrote:Here are two interesting posts that support the 2025 Collapse date, penned by oil professionals.
Saudi Arabia’s Energy Minister Warns of World Oil Shortages Ahead
https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-mini ... 1476870790

UAE warns of world oil shortages ahead by 2020 due to industry spending cuts
http://www.arabianindustry.com/oil-gas/ ... s-5531344/

Let's debate them instead of quibbling.



Yes. I think the collapse will be a psychological event. When the oil shortages come and the public realizes that there are no quick/easy fixes. Then they will suffer a spiritual death. Just like the mice in Dr Calhoun's Utopia did. And down the behavior sink they will go..
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:04:59

http://sites.google.com/site/peakoilreports/
User avatar
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sat 28 Mar 2009, 10:36:38
Location: The Wasteland

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:25:34

Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:38:55

Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby StarvingLion » Fri 20 Oct 2017, 20:42:24

Ponzi Artists cannot build energy systems that you can rely upon to make products.

http://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/e ... 17279.html

SCANA board members and senior managers failed to raise alarms as evidence arose that the construction of two new nuclear reactors was going off the rails. Instead, they continued to give themselves bonuses and pay increases even as late as 2016, according to a Post and Courier report. None of the nine current members of the SCANA board of directors has any practical experience or expertise in nuclear power plant construction or management, despite overseeing what was expected to be a more than $10 billion project that nearly doubled in cost and ran years behind schedule before being shut down this summer. That board enjoyed a 12 percent raise for 2016 — for a total of more than $2 million in cash and stock — even after an audit raised serious concerns about the viability of completing the nuclear project earlier that year. SCANA’s five most senior managers got a 7 percent raise.
Cog's brain was in a jar left open and maggots ate it.
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat 03 Aug 2013, 17:59:17

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 08:29:24

Will Trump Oversee the Financial Apocalypse? – Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10 ... tile-bond-
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cog » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:42:03

The word irrefutable.


Image
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12854
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:49:50

Cog wrote:The word irrefutable.


Image



Says the imbecile with the flag picture on his profile. Nobody who patriotic is very smart in America. The flag waivers are the dumbest of the dumb. Now back to the trailer park now Bubba so you can beat your cousin/wife.
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:26:10

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:Simple really….when the World Economy Collapses everything shuts down…the end….we're talking about grids and JIT systems down all over the world and 7.5B people dropping like f*** flies in short order…


Can you discuss ANYTHING inside any of those links, or are you really a cut and paste expert and nothing else?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:28:29

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:
Ibon wrote:That ever shifting 5-10 year window toward collapse. Like end time christians never growing tired of prophecies just around the 5 year window.

Yawn.



You can stick your head in the sand all you want. But just remember you leave your ass exposed for the whole world to kick! HAR HAR!


How about a question then....do any ONE of those links contain a single idea that wasn't used before during the peak oil meme of a decade or so ago? Or is recycling bad ideas all you know how to do because anything else would involve...you know...thinking about them?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:32:06

pstarr wrote:I mean really? Just bother to actually LOOK AT and READ some of the posts. Here's a not so happy example (hint: it's just up there, a few inches away). Let's start with . . .

"New Oil discoveries by scientists have been declining since 1965 and last year was the lowest in history –IEA"
http://imgur.com/a/W60yn

Anyone care to question that simple logics? Didn't think so.


I will. And the answer is simple...they didn't count all the oil "discovered", a trick done by peak oilers of peak oil past as well. Quite popular among those who want to pretend they have some real data to claim peak with. Even you should know better to not fall for this stunt...oh..wait...that zealotry thing keeps getting in the way! Sorry...didn't mean to assume you actually learned anything since the last peak oil you fell for.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:32:20

AdamB wrote:
Cliffhanger1983 wrote:
Ibon wrote:That ever shifting 5-10 year window toward collapse. Like end time christians never growing tired of prophecies just around the 5 year window.

Yawn.



You can stick your head in the sand all you want. But just remember you leave your ass exposed for the whole world to kick! HAR HAR!


How about a question then....do any ONE of those links contain a single idea that wasn't used before during the peak oil meme of a decade or so ago? Or is recycling bad ideas all you know how to do because anything else would involve...you know...thinking about them?



I posted the links so others could read them and learn and come to their own conclusions....The peer reviewed studies are clear. Collapse of global civilization is coming soon. And there isn't shit you can do about it.
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:36:12


Post removed for threatening illegal acts against another member. Second known offense.

3.1.9 Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts: Murder, extortion, and any other felony are expressly forbidden. Threads and posts advocating suicide will be edited or deleted without notice. DOS attacks, hacking, flooding, and all other related computer crimes are also unacceptable, and will be reported to that poster's Internet provider. Also included in this is harassment -- for example, encouraging people to call someone on the phone, flood a website/mailbox, etc because they were mentioned in a linked article.
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
permanently banned
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 18 Nov 2013, 15:25:53

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:42:38

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:And the reason I use so many links is not that I trying to flood everyone with so much information it's impossible to refute. It's because I believe in the Carl Sagan logic "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. "


So how do you know ANY of them are evidence, when you lack the ability to discuss them?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:45:28

onlooker wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows we're nearing collapse


Interesting...the same thing the OLD research showed....except for collapse way back when...does the new research fix the logic errors that caused the old research to claim collapse when all the world got was more BAU?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:47:09

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:
AdamB wrote:
pstarr wrote:I mean really? Just bother to actually LOOK AT and READ some of the posts. Here's a not so happy example (hint: it's just up there, a few inches away). Let's start with . . .

"New Oil discoveries by scientists have been declining since 1965 and last year was the lowest in history –IEA"
http://imgur.com/a/W60yn

Anyone care to question that simple logics? Didn't think so.


I will. And the answer is simple...they didn't count all the oil "discovered", a trick done by peak oilers of peak oil past as well. Quite popular among those who want to pretend they have some real data to claim peak with. Even you should know better to not fall for this stunt...oh..wait...that zealotry thing keeps getting in the way! Sorry...didn't mean to assume you actually learned anything since the last peak oil you fell for.



Actually they do count all the discoveries you dumbshit.

New Oil discoveries by scientists have been declining since 1965 and last year was the lowest in history –IEA
http://imgur.com/a/W60yn

We have been draining our oil reserves by consuming more oil than we discover since the 1980’s - ASPO
http://imgur.com/a/uJ0Rg


Post removed for threatening illegal acts against another member. Second known offense.

3.1.9 Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts: Murder, extortion, and any other felony are expressly forbidden. Threads and posts advocating suicide will be edited or deleted without notice. DOS attacks, hacking, flooding, and all other related computer crimes are also unacceptable, and will be reported to that poster's Internet provider. Also included in this is harassment -- for example, encouraging people to call someone on the phone, flood a website/mailbox, etc because they were mentioned in a linked article.


Someone needs to refresh their memory regards the CoC. You aren't doing your argument any favours with language like this.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator
 
Posts: 9177
Joined: Wed 04 Feb 2009, 03:00:00

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:49:28

Cliffhanger1983 wrote:Check out this video.. George Bush suggested we use Switch grass to meet our energy needs...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNfZeh6oK-c


Interesting. Sounds a heck of alot smarter than anything you've said to date though, take a crack at remedying that, impress all of us by proving you are smarter than Bush. I'll offer 2:1 odds you can't.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:52:19

AdamB wrote:
onlooker wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse
Limits to Growth was right. New research shows we're nearing collapse


Interesting...the same thing the OLD research showed....except for collapse way back when...does the new research fix the logic errors that caused the old research to claim collapse when all the world got was more BAU?

obviously did not read the article. It said we are right on track and timely for the period when they expected some sort of Collapse. Oh and they did NOT predict anything but simply used mathematical formulas to assess the likelihood of different scenarios based on the changing real world data. We have been pretty much going along the worse case scenario. Because we have fools and shills like you saying stay calm and carry on, nothing to see here. :x
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
User avatar
onlooker
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10527
Joined: Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:49:04
Location: NY, USA

Re: Collapse by 2025---Irrefutable

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:56:35

pstarr wrote:Here are two interesting posts that support the 2025 Collapse date, penned by oil professionals.
Saudi Arabia’s Energy Minister Warns of World Oil Shortages Ahead
https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-mini ... 1476870790

UAE warns of world oil shortages ahead by 2020 due to industry spending cuts
http://www.arabianindustry.com/oil-gas/ ... s-5531344/

Let's debate them instead of quibbling.


Sure. Are you aware of the phrase "oil companies have more to sell than just oil"? Who might be having an upcoming IPO and want as much value for that as possible? The same guy who might proclaim shortages to get that idea set.

And oh...where might some of that money be going? Why..to develop 5 million barrels a day (otherwise known as The New Ghawar) in the US....and where might the freest market in the world for oil sales be... oh yes...in the US. And where is the worst for place for new production exist that has the highest likelihood of threatening OPEC control of the 2 things that matter...price...and who controls the marginal barrel? Oh yes...the US.

It's calling..you know..reading between the lines...a little thinking...give it a try pstarr, you might like it!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4797
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 16:10:26

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests