Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

Unread postby phaster » Mon 13 May 2019, 13:34:32

Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric
Pure electric. 75mph top speed. Up to 100 mile range. Open or enclosed. Bring a friend.
https://www.arcimoto.com

It's a Bird. It's a Tesla. No, it's an Arcimoto
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... moto-video

personally like the concept

put a $100 deposit down on one (I just want a basic "urban" roundabout since I live pretty close to the urban core)

yeah I know the history of three wheel vehicles is spotty, but given their price target of 12k, and ever growing awareness of "climate change" I think this company might be onto something,...

any thoughts?
Given the great chasm that divides believers
AND non-believers of “man made climate change”
let’s hope that people figure things out, before it’s too late!!!


www.TinyURL.com/HowBigIsTheEarth
User avatar
phaster
Coal
Coal
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun 15 Jul 2007, 02:00:00

Re: Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 13 May 2019, 15:05:37

phaster wrote:Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric
Pure electric. 75mph top speed. Up to 100 mile range. Open or enclosed. Bring a friend.
https://www.arcimoto.com

It's a Bird. It's a Tesla. No, it's an Arcimoto
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... moto-video

personally like the concept

put a $100 deposit down on one (I just want a basic "urban" roundabout since I live pretty close to the urban core)

yeah I know the history of three wheel vehicles is spotty, but given their price target of 12k, and ever growing awareness of "climate change" I think this company might be onto something,...

any thoughts?

Until it is proven to be real, manufactured in quantity, conveniently and quickly serviced, reliable, durable, etc. -- why not just buy a GOOD used car for 12K? A small, efficient, sedan should fill the bill quite well, and many will still be reliable at roughly half the cost of your 12K, especially if you just want to run around in your neighborhood.

A good used Corolla or Civic with 100K miles but still plenty of life comes to mind as an example.

Oh, and bring 3 friends, groceries, etc. or even a load of building supplies from Home Depot, and get service easily at your neighborhood mechanic.

The reasons these gimmicks never catch on, IMO, is that in practical terms: economics, usability, etc. they just never can come CLOSE to what we already have. Simple, really.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 7111
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42

Re: Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 13 May 2019, 15:17:09

No need for the cheap looking car frame and the tiny steering wheel.

Just get an electric scooter.

review-bmw-c-evolution-scooter-dancing-electrical-range

Cheers!
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22657
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 13 May 2019, 15:25:11

Plantagenet wrote:No need for the cheap looking car frame and the tiny steering wheel.

Just get an electric scooter.

review-bmw-c-evolution-scooter-dancing-electrical-range

Cheers!

At nearly $14,000 (sheesh), it's still not exactly anything approaching decent value compared to a decent, efficient, reliable used car.

At least it's real, and could likely be fixed.

Certainly better than the fabled 3 wheeler what-if, but I still don't see the point for 95%+ of the population that wants and needs practicality.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 7111
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42

Re: Arcimoto | The Everyday Electric ???

Unread postby phaster » Mon 20 May 2019, 17:50:03

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:No need for the cheap looking car frame and the tiny steering wheel.

Just get an electric scooter.

review-bmw-c-evolution-scooter-dancing-electrical-range

Cheers!

At nearly $14,000 (sheesh), it's still not exactly anything approaching decent value compared to a decent, efficient, reliable used car.

At least it's real, and could likely be fixed.

Certainly better than the fabled 3 wheeler what-if, but I still don't see the point for 95%+ of the population that wants and needs practicality.


yeah I hear ya about,... a decent, efficient, reliable used car and kinda realize the "new" fabled 3 wheeler has an uphill battle given the historical marketplace

I've never purchased anything "new" myself because in the past I didn't want to take an instant depreciation hit,... but having said that, given the scope of the problem

how-would-you-explain-climate-change-and-weather-to-kids-t74415.html#p1419922

I feel compelled to put my money where my mouth is,... and purchase an "urban run about" that fulfills a mission none of my other various other modes of transportation can do

in other words, bought a close out electric "beach cruiser" bike off of craigslist

and bought a low mileage manual transmission mercedes SLK I noticed in auto trader

just need something in-between that is electric,... looked at the GEM and that didn't look worthwhile because of the 25 mph top speed (on level ground), then there is the fact I live in a neighborhood w/ hills

PS WRT being a fabled 3 wheeler,... it's almost here (just needs to pass a couple more tests to get certified),... then I'm guessing it will be pretty popular at a drive thur like taco bell

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... moto-video
Given the great chasm that divides believers
AND non-believers of “man made climate change”
let’s hope that people figure things out, before it’s too late!!!


www.TinyURL.com/HowBigIsTheEarth
User avatar
phaster
Coal
Coal
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun 15 Jul 2007, 02:00:00


Return to Conservation & Efficiency

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests