Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Is EROEI Important Pt. 5

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Is EROEI Important Pt. 5

Unread postby eclipse » Thu 16 May 2019, 22:35:34

AdamB wrote:I'll bet they'll admit that it just doesn't have the kick of fuel running out next week and handing them the outcome they have been wishing for all these years though.

Yeah, I know of young 19 year old that lost hope and committed suicide during that hype. It destroyed his parents. Climate change is a real and present danger, but I see it as a series of exponential challenges just as a whole new bunch of climate and weather modification exponential technologies arrive as well! The ultimate race! So can we dim just a tiny fraction of the incoming sunlight (maybe half the warming) and not have nasty side effects (like cancelling the Monsoon?) We'll see.

I'm with you though philosophically. As opposed to the misanthropes that just want doom. I EV for a reason. Downsized the entire household some 9 years ago now. Turns out, you can also save a bunch of money doing these kinds of things even if doom itself never even shows up!

Good job.
Dr James Hansen recommends breeder reactors that convert nuclear 'waste' into 1000 years of clean energy for America, and can charge all our light vehicles and generate "Blue Crude" for heavy vehicles.
https://eclipsenow.wordpress.com/recharge/
eclipse
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Is EROEI Important Pt. 5

Unread postby Yoshua » Fri 17 May 2019, 14:41:18

There Is only now...in constant movement.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion