Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The coming Civil War

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The coming Civil War

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 00:02:47

What civil war? How are we going to divide up the sides?

Rural versus Cities? Cities always win until there is no more food.

Whites against non-whites? They're already outnumbered.

Cultured versus non-cultured? Educated versus non-educated?

Rich versus poor? We already have a winner there!

Lots of skirmishes ahead, but outright civil war needs a clearly demarcated them versus us.

Cog in San Jose, surrounded by Liberals doesn't count. The liberals will leave him alone.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 08:33:15

jedrider wrote:What civil war? How are we going to divide up the sides?

Thems with guns vs. thems without

Which will take about a week.

Wrong. Non Hispanic whites are the majority in 46 states. Hawaii, California, New Mexico, and Texas are the exceptions. It will change in the future but it takes eighteen years for anchor babies to become legal voters.

Lots of skirmishes ahead, but outright civil war needs a clearly demarcated them versus us.

Hungry vs. well fed usually works.
Cog in San Jose, surrounded by Liberals doesn't count. The liberals will leave him alone.
A conservative is a liberal that has been mugged and missed three meals.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:17:56

Cog doesn't live in California, nor has any intention of ever visiting it. I tend to hang around those "bitter clingers of guns and religion" types that Obama was upset about. My tribe is different than jedirider's tribe, of that I am certain.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 12:38:27

You mean this type of 'white rage':

GOP voters spout racist conspiracies after Trump-loving candidate loses: ‘They’re coming — they have names like Vasquez’
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/gop-voters-spout-racist-conspiracies-trump-loving-candidate-loses-theyre-coming-names-like-vasquez/?utm_source=push_notifications

This works until you discover that they pick your vegetables, pack your environmentally destructive beef and clean your homes (oops, those damn more well-off liberals hiring foreign workers so they can live a 'middle class' lifestyle).

Well, class war is the only possible 'war' we can really have.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 12:47:47

jedrider wrote:What civil war? How are we going to divide up the sides?

For the most part I agree with this. Local outbreaks. Nothing National.

The last sentence I strongly disagree with, Cog in my old neighborhood would be toast in any kind of disturbance. The hate is thick there. There exists among some a skewed sense of entitlement and deep injustice collecting. Folks working themselves into a frenzy. The PC police are the new Gestapo.

And not just R vs D. In the surrounding neighborhoods there is all kinds of ethnic splintering. Sure we superficially get along all day, but my daughters GF got locked down because her BF was a slightly lighter shade than she was.

If there is a more ethnically diverse large country it’s probably India. And they have their share of religious riots and killings. A few years ago the cut out a few cars from a train and immolated all the people aboard. Religion.

The USA cities are balkanizing
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 15:51:53

Newfie wrote:The USA cities are balkanizing

Between the 'Haves' and the 'Have Nots'.

Yes, I vote for Class Warfare.

[Interesting as this can only go in one direction, between the 'Haves' and 'Have Nots'. And, yes, some immigrant groups will be picked on as a substitute for the real thing, for a while, that is.]
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 17:04:06

But remember “the grass is always greener.” It may devolve into local actions, one group envious of the other groups slop.

I don’t much see them going after the elites. Easier targets are closer at hand.

I guess it’s evident I don’t much see humanity as a Nobel creature.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 18:09:27

It will likely not be a civil war but neighbor attacking neighbor as a few days' worth of food, fuel, medicine, and even ammo in various towns and cities dwindle when JIT systems and extensive supply chains fall apart.
http://sites.google.com/site/peakoilreports/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 18:58:35

sorry, no civil war
but hey, all that rattle does make you look badass, snort.

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 19:15:27

For farts and giggles I google the phrase “coming American civil war.” Got a whole lotta hits, big MSM outlets covering it.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 19:35:26

The need for distraction...........
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 19:49:50

The left has the impression that the right will target minorities or cops. Think higher up the food chain and you would be more accurate.

But for now this is all theoretical. Until it isnt.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Fri 15 Mar 2019, 19:58:44

Ibon wrote:The need for distraction...........

point Ibon
:-D
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:00:19

jedrider wrote:
Newfie wrote:The USA cities are balkanizing

Between the 'Haves' and the 'Have Nots'.

Yes, I vote for Class Warfare.

[Interesting as this can only go in one direction, between the 'Haves' and 'Have Nots'. And, yes, some immigrant groups will be picked on as a substitute for the real thing, for a while, that is.]

I don't know if you can singularly close in on class warfare because in doing so you turn a blind eye toward other causes. People who are more concerned about racism than economics are bound to come undone on you. Class warfare would only work with the right sort of guy in charge, therefore. Whoever it was, would need to appeal to many groups, keeping them tied into the main cause. They could make it look like you could ignore those causes because they kept you from being distracted by them.

That could become exceptionally hard at those times when goals are actually being met. There is nothing like achieving something long sought after to take away purpose. Those without purpose in the large numbers some racial or ethnic group's common histories would suggest, probably could use some leadership. Even without leadership people who suffer like that find ways to mythologize at least some of their experiences. With leadership those stories take less time to concoct. The people move through time, and the leader becomes part of history. That becoming part of history thing really appeals to those types of people that are special or skilled enough to lead in such a situation.

You can see this play out with Trump and the border wall. He can't allow a final decision where he loses. He also doesn't want to win. If he wins, he could lose a lot of support because running a border wall is less interesting than building one. He's got to string out every point he makes along the way, in order to keep his people from becoming satisfied. There's simply too much information that is actually available to most of them, which he would call liberal propaganda. He's not powerful enough to sway beyond the obvious right wing stations, like Putin is because he "owns" the Russian media. I suppose he'd like to be only because the offer is so tempting to a man like him. So you see these really vast pantomimes working their way through his presidency, where he tries to make himself look good no matter what the outcome was from his policies. One or more of these pantomimes are probably deeply related to most of the resignations that have taken place since Trump took office.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:03:58

evilgenius wrote:. So you see these really vast pantomimes working their way through his presidency, where he tries to make himself look good no matter what the outcome was from his policies. One or more of these pantomimes are probably deeply related to most of the resignations that have taken place since Trump took office.

I don't give a flying fuck anymore about Trump but this comment is an excellent explanation about how all populists eventually get thrown in the garbage heap. All their energy is directed toward their manipulations to keep themselves relevant which is exactly what eventually makes them irrelevant.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 16 Mar 2019, 14:13:42

Unrestricted illegal immigration is an existential threat to the Republic. Trump understands that and so do the people that voted for him. If you support open borders, and the left does, you are as much of a threat to the country as the illegals.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 16 Mar 2019, 16:50:57

The recent shooting in a mosque in New Zealand is a chilling example of how the future might unfold in a civil war. Targets of well armed and motivated aggressors will stand little chance against them until they also arm themselves.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:37:50

VT,
I don’t think that leads to civil war, as in North/South or D/R. It is a breakdown in the local level. Vigilantisim. I agree with your dynamic, I would call it local civil disruption, not civil war.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 17 Mar 2019, 18:00:40

jedrider wrote:You mean this type of 'white rage':

GOP voters spout racist conspiracies after Trump-loving candidate loses: ‘They’re coming — they have names like Vasquez’
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/gop-voters-spout-racist-conspiracies-trump-loving-candidate-loses-theyre-coming-names-like-vasquez/?utm_source=push_notifications

This works until you discover that they pick your vegetables, pack your environmentally destructive beef and clean your homes (oops, those damn more well-off liberals hiring foreign workers so they can live a 'middle class' lifestyle).

Well, class war is the only possible 'war' we can really have.

OTOH, with massive social programs, minimum wage programs, free or heavily subsidized medical care, a very progressive tax system, and mass production making MANY consumer goods cheaper over time, it's not like any rational person can claim the "poor" and irresponsible have it all bad in first world countries.

Not that facts or logic will prevent the far left from hyping "poverty" and trying to use it as a vote buying tactic, endlessly.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby jedrider » Sun 17 Mar 2019, 18:21:53

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Not that facts or logic will prevent the far left from hyping "poverty" and trying to use it as a vote buying tactic, endlessly.

On the contrary, how do you explain 'white rage'? If not for it's economic roots, then what is it based upon?

Oh yeah, on my way home from my health spar after I got a massage and drove my brand new Tesla or four-wheel drive Audi, I just thought how bad it is to have all those brown people immigrate here (the ones that clean my home). I doubt it.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion