Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 5

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 5

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 03:44:40

Oh really, Plant? Obama never avoided military service since there was no draft to avoid. Cheney and Chump both used fake medical deferments to avoid service while the rest of us served our country. It's called Republican hypocrisy.

Obama formally ended the war in Iraq on October 21, 2011.

Regarding Syria, are you intentionally unaware that Syria is engaged in a civil war? There was no war for Obama to start.

Libya was a smashing success. A tyrant was overthrown and not a single American soldier was killed in the process.

Plant, I can't figure out if you are simply unaware of historical events or purposely lying about world events. Either way, learn something.

Now I understand why the more educated the individual, the more likely the person is a Democrat. The inverse also holds true as in your well-known case-LOL.
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cog » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 06:26:04

How did that Russian collusion angle work out for you Dems? LOL
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 09:46:25

Cog wrote:You should move to China immediately.

So, what you are saying is that I shouldn't be the least bit introspective. I shouldn't seek the truth. I should just latch onto the dogma that says I'm great, no matter what I am really like. And I should extend that honor to my country. If I can't do that, then I should leave.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 09:51:09

evilgenius wrote:
Cog wrote:You should move to China immediately.

So, what you are saying is that I shouldn't be the least bit introspective. I shouldn't seek the truth. I should just latch onto the dogma that says I'm great, no matter what I am really like. And I should extend that honor to my country. If I can't do that, then I should leave.

Cog does not want to admit that right now China and its economic inclusion agenda is uniting countries and people while the US is busy bombing people
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 10:01:21

LOL, Cog.

Only a Republicon would consider Trump exonerated despite guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies composed of six former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including five of the six former Trump advisers) have pleaded guilty.
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby evilgenius » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 10:06:15

derhundistlos wrote:age70-

Yes, I have noticed. The resistance is also represented, just not so vocal. It's like displaying the flag. I don't need to show everyone I'm a good American. When I was told to serve my country, that's exactly what I did.

Trump and I attended the same high school-New York Military Academy, Cornwall on Hudson, New York. Fellow classmates never shirked their military service requirements in Vietnam with one notable exception. Trump used daddy’s money and power to avoid military service by obtaining multiple fake medical deferments. Narcissistic Trump determined his time was better spent in NYC “grabbing pussy”. Is it any wonder why the military is opposed to Trump’s $100 million military parade? As a Pentagon official commented, “The US is not a banana republic and Trump is not a dictator. Military parades are reserved for special occasions.”

It isn't just this site that is like that. The entire internet is. People like to assign the problem to trolls. I accept it is part of human nature. It is possible that marketing and political campaigns are responsible for many of those messages, but I think it is far more likely we just have to accept it's us. As such we have to begin the fight against ignorance with ourselves. One has, first of all, to be brave enough to reject the received wisdom that claims to know everything, merely because it stands for what has always been and appears to be what the future will be made of.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 12:26:48

derhundistlos wrote:I forgot to mention, isn't it strange how so many Republican neo-con warmongers like Cheney and Trump avoided military service, yet they love the idea of committing the country to war?

Hypocrisy is RIFE in politics. Consider how often the big tax cheats caught among leading politicians are often dems -- the SAME people who are fighting for higher income tax rates and saying "shame" to people who want moderate taxation.

Or how about "family values"? Isn't it interesting how often GOP politicians attacking alternate lifestyles (anything outside "traditional family values" are caught, literally, with their pants down cheating on their spouse, in some gay situation in a bathroom, and on and on?

As a moderate, I will attack the issues on both sides, especially the extremes and the hypocrisy, which of course, both sides don't like much, but the events are the events and the news is the news.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 12:47:27

derhundistlos wrote:LOL, Cog.

Only a Republicon would consider Trump exonerated despite guilty pleas from 34 people and three companies composed of six former Trump advisers, 26 Russian nationals, three Russian companies, one California man, and one London-based lawyer. Seven of these people (including five of the six former Trump advisers) have pleaded guilty.

Name one American charged with collusion or conspiracy with Russia to change the outcome of the 2016 election. You can't because there weren't any. Something I told you guys in the Special Counsel thread two years ago. But that didn't stop the MSM from pushing the Russian collusion angle for the last two years anyway. Because they wanted to believe it, just like you want to believe it.

I would have thought EVERY American would have been happy to know that Trump did not collude with Russia, but apparently there are different motivations at work here.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 12:52:00

derhundistlos wrote:Now I understand why the more educated the individual, the more likely the person is a Democrat. The inverse also holds true as in your well-known case-LOL.

Or, that's what college educated liberals love to think (that being liberal means being "more intelligent". However, when you get into issues, that's not at all consistent, just like for hypocrisy:

Like the meme that "poor, stupid people" voted for Trump. Until you look at the demographics and see that the average income of the Trump voter was above average.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... rt/558674/

Funny how that works. (Now, do you want to tell me income is negatively correlated with education? If so, I'm not buying it. Especially given how strongly education correlates to income.)

https://research.stlouisfed.org/publica ... nd-wealth/

The relationship between education and income is strong. Education is often referred to as an investment in human capital. People invest in human capital for similar reasons people invest in financial assets, including to make money. In general, those with more education earn higher incomes (see the table). The higher income that results from a college degree is sometimes referred to as the "college wage premium."

Or how dems love to say that stupid, poor people don't get vaccinations for their kids. And yet, I just recently read an article on how the cities where people refuse to get their children vaccinated are overwhelmingly in liberal cities in blue states.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/28/heres-w ... nated.html

Or how the dems love to say that science denial is a GOP thing. And yet, look at where the myths about the evils/dangers of GMO foods center. As an example:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... too-107270

As a moderate, it seems to me that smugness is correlated to how extreme someone is ON EITHER SIDE of the political spectrum. But that's obviously a biased opinion. :)

BTW, before you start making silly assumptions, like those on the far right do when I criticize Trump: NO, I didn't vote for Trump. OR HRC. I'm a disaffected voter in the middle, who doesn't like the antics of either major party, especially as you drift further from moderation.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 12:59:15

When Hillary called Trump supporters deplorable and irredeemable, we wore that moniker proudly. When it came time for election day, we did the equivalent of "Oh yeah, Hold my beer and watch this".

So how intelligent was Hillary when she went down this deplorable road with flyover land?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 13:01:08

Cog wrote:
derhundistlos wrote:LOL, Cog.

Name one American charged with collusion or conspiracy with Russia to change the outcome of the 2016 election. You can't because there weren't any. Something I told you guys in the Special Counsel thread two years ago. But that didn't stop the MSM from pushing the Russian collusion angle for the last two years anyway. Because they wanted to believe it, just like you want to believe it.

I would have thought EVERY American would have been happy to know that Trump did not collude with Russia, but apparently there are different motivations at work here.

It's pretty clear that on this issue, no matter what the actual evidence, the left isn't going to buy it. They're too invested and have too much hate (despite how they love to preach to the right that hate is bad).

Watching the clowns on MSNBC (same as the clowns on FOX re motivation, just a different spin/bias) it's clear they think they're all legal experts and they won't rest until they can see the entire Mueller report.

And IMO, given their behavior, they won't buy it when they see the report either.

But of course, if the GOP wants HRC investigated for emailgate, of which she was clearly guilty but wasn't charged, that's evil witch hunting, yadda yadda.

I still think BOTH sides play these games, whenever they think they have the opportunity to SCORE POLITICAL POINTS. IMO, the actual reality has little to do with the motivation, especially once such a group gets really involved and sinks a lot of emotional cost (and credibility) into such a "cause".
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 13:17:53

ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE!

Are you still pissed at the world because your mother evicted you on your 57'th birthday. So sad.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Re: ARMAGEDDON'S DAILY DOOM ECONOMIC DATA TAB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 13:21:13

Marm, thanks for starting this. A very good idea.

Assuming you're quoting Armageddon (I didn't search and see), if you could use the quote function so it attributes the quote, that would be helpful for those of us without perfect memories, or lots of things to think about.

Of course, I'm sure we'll get called names for talking about this, but in the search for truth vs. insistent blather backed up by insults, it seems like the thing to do.

I'm still for closing the "stock market crash" thread, since the subject of the stock market and the economy actually crashing, re the correction in the fall, didn't happen AT ALL -- and in the mean time, the trend is toward Cog's call of new record highs in 2019.

Or we have history's percentage call, which is that even though roughly a third of the time, markets have a down year, they relatively rarely have two or more down years in a row (and 2018 was down, though not by a lot).

And unlike Armageddon's typical posts, I'll provide credible citations:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/31/a-reaso ... -rare.html

There have only been four instances since 1929 when the S&P 500 declined two or more years in a row.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 311639002/

The Standard & Poor’s 500 index rose 13 percent the first three months of the year, its best quarterly showing in a decade and the strongest first quarter since 1998, according to LPL Financial and FactSet. The Dow Jones industrial average jumped 11.1 percent. And the tech heavy Nasdaq climbed 16.4 percent.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 13:25:11

shortonoil wrote:
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE!

Are you still pissed at the world because your mother evicted you on your 57'th birthday. So sad.

Still nothing better to do than meaningless insults? Since you have NOTHING meaningful to say, to offer, credible data, etc? Much sadder still.

And congrats on the perfect correlation re credibility of your insults to your claims re oil or economics. Do you have to work at it to be so wrong so consistently, or is pathological lying just a part of your core values?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 13:50:58

"Consider how often the big tax cheats caught among leading politicians are often dems."

What a meaningless statement that was contrived by Republican hit men for the most obvious of reasons. This statement "excludes" such notorious cheats as the Republican K Street lobbying group of Jack Abramoff and Randy “Duke” Cunningham & Company. Although these individuals are intimately involved in the political process, they do not meet the strict definition of a politician.

I grew up on a Missouri farm. We were not a monetarily wealthy family, but we were close and mutually supportive. Our grandparents lived with us, which greatly enriched our lives. Mom and Dad sacrificed to send my brothers and me to college. My family has always been and remains to this day all Democrats, bar none, and while attending the University of Missouri, I learned to appreciate why we are proud Democrats.

Education is power, which explains why Republicans prefer low information voters and despise those who are educated. Trump's base is comprised of those with a low need for cognition. This population finds little reward in the collection and evaluation of new information when it comes to problem-solving and the consideration of competing issue positions.

I'll get to your other posts later when time permits.
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 14:46:20

I’VE MERGED THE OTHER THREAD INTO THIS THREAD SINCE THE OTHER THREAD WAS ESSENTIALLY ABOUT THIS THREAD.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 15:41:43

Poor, Cog. Since you have nothing positive to discuss, you continue to obsess over a past presidential candidate who, despite her flaws, beat Trump by almost 3,000,000 votes.

You remind me of the person who got left with a crappy divorce who cannot stop obsessing over their ex. EVERYTHING in their life is defined by what their ex-did, what their ex is doing, etc.… Replying to any criticism of Trump’s stupidity with this tired shit about Hillary, Obama, and crew is how children debate and argue.

Oh yeah. The Trump true believers saw him as the ultimate mastermind. They perceived the man’s every move, every word uttered, every breath taken as a masterful move to crush his opponents and implement a plan well beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. The master 4-D chess player, hell 12-D chess player.

Nowadays, the bright bulbs of this collection of idiots have just shut up, hoping nobody else remembers their Trump boot licking. However, some idiots are still too stupid to see they were duped by a hustler, or they will do the idiot thing of doing anything to save face. These folks will be the loyal indentured servants of those with two brain cells to rub together.
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 15:52:15

No a lot of Trump voters did not see Trump as a mastermind or even a good choice for president. The only thing he was was a lot better then Hillary. :)
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby derhundistlos » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 16:04:10

Outcast, education was a huge factor in how people voted. To cite yourself as proof this is not true proves absolutely nothing. That you don't like this fact, does not mean it's not true.

According to an analysis conducted by the "Chronicle of Higher Education", "People with college degrees — and especially higher degrees — were far more likely to vote for Clinton than Trump, and vice versa."

https://www.chronicle.com/article/How-V ... els/238361

More evidence:

A statistical analysis conducted by Nate Silver at 538 clearly demonstrates education predicted who would vote for Trump.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ed ... for-trump/

Lastly, why do you present yourself as an independent voter when you are a staunch Trump supporter and Republican? We know why (to create a perception that the analysis is balanced and neutral). I have seen this frequently with Trump voters.

Be honest with yourself and the readers. I am proud to declare my support for Democrats.
derhundistlos
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 31 Mar 2019, 17:09:28

derhundistlos wrote:
Be honest with yourself and the readers. I am proud to declare my support for Democrats.

OK Which one of the Democrat whannabees do you support and how do you think they will effect the stock market? Assume that if the Democrat nominee wins they will hold the house and gain enough seats in the Senate to prevent filibusters.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance