Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 11:28:18

Pops wrote:
Newfie wrote:I don’t see any of that discussed in your source, which sounds like it is just using current production rates.

We aren't about to succumb to famine.
Invoking "physical reality" in justifying trumps immigration pandering is disingenuous, his motivations are many but none are environmental protection or food security.

The long and short is climate doesn't have borders. Either we save everyone or no one survives. Republicans do not believe that.

So in your mind property rights and standards of living don't exist?

There is a lot more to the quality of life than the theoretical ability to feed everyone, if everything goes well.

So let's have you and the D's who want the immigrants voluntarily pay for all their benefits, etc. You house them, solve all their problems, etc.

Problem solved.

For many, a dollar earned isn't a dollar for the government to do whatever SJW's want to spend it on.

Yes. I'm "mean" (and honest) enough to admit I have an issue with the economic consequences of having wide open borders. Even if crime, disease, etc. weren't an issue. And for example, BTW, I'm pretty sure my doctor hasn't had me take two Hep A vaccine shots (to have a good shot at lifelong immunity and said, quote: "We're becoming a third world country", at random. And I'm pretty sure the big upsurge in KY Hep A cases has to do with having many more immigrants working in restaurants, and not washing their hands.

I know the left (and especially the far left) doesn't like to hear this, but in the real world, actions have consequences.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Pops » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 11:45:25

(plant)
You reaaaally need a new source (unless you just like that ZH tells you exactly what you want to hear)

Last edited by Pops on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 11:50:41, edited 1 time in total.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 11:49:33

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So let's have you and the D's who want the immigrants
wide open borders.

Point to my argument for "wide open borders."
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Revi » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 12:18:28

Well now that we have that figured out, what do you think's going to happen. Here's my guesses.
1) Warren and Biden continue to battle for first while an as yet unknown comes up the side to take the race.

2) Our Dear Leader abdicates his throne and runs to the arms of his pal to the east to avoid prosecution.

3) The presidency becomes a booby prize, because peak oil sets in to make us all more miserable than we are already.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 13:25:47

Impeachment in the house, abdication in the Senate, Moscow Mitch will do as little as possible before voting.

Like with Barrs memo on Muller, trumps will see it as confirmation so continue to do ever crazier things to bring in ever crazier people. It worked before.

Real Clear has Biden and Warren even right this minute with Liz rising and joe and Bern falling. Harris is out of it and everyone else was never in.

Liz has a better chance of getting to the working class than Bernie I think. I'd expect her to start moderating her message any time, concentrate on the anger people still feel for wall street and the trump tax giveaway. Lots of fertile ground with blue collar people.

Trump is out of control. I have no idea what he might do between now and the election. I don't know, he might cut a deal with Nancy and Chuck and not run in return for a promise not to lock him up, or maybe he'll quit so Pence can pardon him. Really, nothing will surprise me, though I'm sure I'll still be dumbfounded by whatever it is, LOL
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 13:32:07

Pops wrote:
wide open borders.

No, because instead of YOU paying for the consequences, you want ME to pay for those consequences.

Are liberals capable of understanding that concept?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 13:37:21

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Pops wrote:
wide open borders.

No, because instead of YOU paying for the consequences, you want ME to pay for those consequences.

Are liberals capable of understanding that concept?

And if you're going to alter my quote, leaving out a lot of words and distorting the meaning, at least be honest enough to clearly show you're doing that. Funny how you complain about conservatives and accuracy and then do that. :roll:

(Quoting myself, to correct your misquote):

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So let's have you and the D's who want the immigrants voluntarily pay for all their benefits, etc. You house them, solve all their problems, etc.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 14:26:49

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
So let's have you and the D's who want the immigrants voluntarily pay for all their benefits, etc. You house them, solve all their problems, etc.

Well, Democrats were never for "open" borders, at least, not in it's entirety. By working in the U.S., many immigrants were actually being a net plus to our economy. By forced deportations of well-integrated immigrants, this is not providing any tax payer relief. Trump didn't go about this in the right way by a long shot.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 15:25:50

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Yes. I'm "mean" (and honest) enough to admit I have an issue with the economic consequences of having wide open borders.

You quoted me then set up a strawman to knock down.
Point to where I advocated "wide open borders."
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 16:08:18

Pops wants no punishment or penalty for illegals crossing our borders. It's hard not to call that concept open borders just like all the Dem candidates advocate.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 08 Oct 2019, 23:44:55

Pops wrote:(plant)
You reaaaally need a new source...

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills. I've been saying all along that Old White Joe would never win and that Bernie is too old. Warren is a formidable campaigner but she has a strange tendency to lie about her own background. Its bad enough that she lied for years about being an Indian, stealing an affirmative action hiring slot from a real Indian, but now its come out she also lied about being fired from a job for being pregnant.

These are two pretty big lies. I wonder if there are other things in her background that Warren is lying about?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 09 Oct 2019, 15:16:43

Pops wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Yes. I'm "mean" (and honest) enough to admit I have an issue with the economic consequences of having wide open borders.

You quoted me then set up a strawman to knock down.
Point to where I advocated "wide open borders."

OK. SO pretend that completely misquoting me is fine, and it's also my fault.

To me, you're just ruined your credibility.

Point to where you haven't been constantly arguing for more immigration. How is that not wide open borders? Are you now playing semantics games?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Oct 2019, 15:44:16

Warren has that screeching harpie deal pretty well down pat.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 07:44:03

Speculation is rising Hillary will announce for the Presidency.

Why is this starting to seem like a Dallas episode?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 09:48:50

Why is this starting to seem like a Dallas episode?

you mean the one where Bobby woke up to find the last full season was just a bad dream? :wink:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:51:55

Yup.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 11:27:27

Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 12:20:24

To me, Elizabeth Warren and Tulsi Gabbard are the two candidates in contention that I find interesting and that would also have some traction and, certainly, also appear quite different from each other. Now, if Bernie would agree to be the VP running mate to either candidate, this would elicit a groundswell of voters that did not turn up in the last election.

Holding my breath that the DNC doesn't go full on boring. That's where Trump, trumped everyone, that he was not boring being such a loudmouth fool.

Boring = Safe.

But, we don't live in 'safe' nor 'settled' times.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Revi » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 13:21:51

jedrider wrote:To me, Elizabeth Warren and Tulsi Gabbard are the two candidates in contention that I find interesting and that would also have some traction and, certainly, also appear quite different from each other. Now, if Bernie would agree to be the VP running mate to either candidate, this would elicit a groundswell of voters that did not turn up in the last election.

Holding my breath that the DNC doesn't go full on boring. That's where Trump, trumped everyone, that he was not boring being such a loudmouth fool.

Boring = Safe.

But, we don't live in 'safe' nor 'settled' times.

That's for sure! I hope we can run someone who reflects the current makeup of the US. I like Julian Castro, but maybe his name would turn off some...
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 10 Oct 2019, 13:44:06

Warren has a very blue collar message and is starting to make inroads into the moderate electorate.
Her book way back, "two income trap" wasn't targeting latte liberals but working class people.
Yeah, she talks all the lefty identity stuff and welfare state programs and gets into the weeds with her plans but I think she's rising because she is learning to communicate better. trump has lock her up and build the wall, Liz is getting the chant "2 cents"
Pops
Elite
Elite

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion