Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 09 Jul 2019, 17:41:52

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 09 Jul 2019, 18:10:37

I was delighted to see that Tulsi Gabbard has called out Kamala Harris for ambushing poor Old White Joe Biden with her race-baiting question about segregationists and school busing. Poor old White Joe has spent the last two weeks apologizing for just about everything he has ever said on the subject for the last 50 years. We all know Joe Biden isn't a racist, but Kamal Harris has totally derailed his candidacy by insinuating he is a racist.

And only Tulsi Gabbard has had the courage amoung all the Ds to call out Kamala Harris on this.

Tulsi isn't going to win the nomination to be president. But once again she has shown that she is one of the very few people in DC who are willing to tell the truth about is going on in the swamp.

Tulsi Gabbard just called out Kamala Harris for her unfair insinuation that Joe Biden is a racist
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 00:00:56

Newfie wrote:It’s a pretty sad state of affairs.

I am kind of curious to understand what you meant by that.

The Internet never has been usable as a source of unbiased or dependable information. The nature of it means that it never can be such. If you choose to use the network as your only source of information, you are choosing to deceive yourself.

I get the impression that many people don't actually understand the nature of a client/server network, and probably would rather not think about the implications when the owners of the servers edit content to serve an agenda of their own.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 05:57:05

KJ,

It was not a comment on the technology but that humans are so invested in hiding from inconvenient truths. We want the echo chamber. We most decidedly do NOT want the naked truth. Naked truth gives us an reaction, we break out in hives and such. LOL
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 14:16:25

KaiserJeep wrote:
Newfie wrote:It’s a pretty sad state of affairs.

I am kind of curious to understand what you meant by that.

The Internet never has been usable as a source of unbiased or dependable information. The nature of it means that it never can be such. If you choose to use the network as your only source of information, you are choosing to deceive yourself.

I get the impression that many people don't actually understand the nature of a client/server network, and probably would rather not think about the implications when the owners of the servers edit content to serve an agenda of their own.

Hang on there! I use the internet to access things like the National Archives catalog in Washington, the Smithsonian articles that interest me, and numerous encyclopedia and online resources for science publications. All of those sources try and keep things as unbiased as possible and accessing the paper versions would do nothing to decrease whatever bias inherently exists in human observations.

Now if you are using Twitter and Facebook and such like social media nodes for information then you are akin to water cooler gossip based on rumor, innuendo and emotional appeals. However because the bulk of our species chooses to use gossip as a 'news source' does not mean only gossip is available for your use.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 16:12:20

Tanada, the unfortunate truth is that one never knows if they have connected to the desired server or to an entirely different one pretending to be the real target. Once connected, you don't know if you got the file desired or a different one that the server was told to deliver to a particular user or group of users.

I'm sure, most of the time - in fact virtually always - you connect where you expect, and get the file you want. But my point is there are no truly trusted sources anywhere. Not on the Internet. Never.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 21:59:15

But my point is there are no truly trusted sources anywhere. Not on the Internet. Never.

you can access at the very least the abstract for the vast majority of scientific, social science and medical journal articles published over the past many years on webpages of the peer-reviewed magazines in question. In a number of cases you can actually access the whole article. Are you claiming those are somehow altered? Such a claim is in the realm of conspiracy theories in my opinion.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 23:58:26

No, I only said it is possible to make such alterations. I cannot think of a motive for anyone to change the documents you mentioned. What is being changed now in the Epstein case is archived news articles relating who were his associates when sex crimes were committed. The motive is to avoid investigations by journalists of the other guilty parties.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 03:45:08

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
KaiserJeep wrote:If your only references are online sources, you are lost already. This Forum uses as a standard for credibility, "can you provide a verifiable link". That is entirely inadequate when the information is so mutable.

This pliability of the internet has always bothered me. We need objectivity.

I would object slightly, that the standard is generally "can you provide a CREDIBLE link?". For example, doomers are often criticized by non-doomers for acting like a random doomer blog is credible. Credible links will at least come from a credible source, and there should generally get some confirmation from some other credible sources. (You don't see major papers printing National Enquirer stuff as valid news stories).

But of course, if "they" are "in on it", then many key links can be changed, and the data can be gummed up.

OTOH, our understanding of the world changes over time, with science even changing our understanding of some historical events, for example. So just because it is in an old offline source doesn't make it gospel. It's more subtle than that.

Maybe libraries could be a good answer re archives, but whoops -- they're going digital, and digital versions of pretty much everything can be changed, so there's that.

Blockchain could be the answer to limiting history revisions, you can add to it, but an unbreakable record exists of all the edits/additions made.

for example Everpedia (still a work in progress):

https://everipedia.org/about
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 10:08:12

Sorry to break it to you, but blockchain is a dead end technology. I say this from the perspective of a computer professional with 34 years in the industry. The computing resources needed to confirm blockchains are not compatible with sub-microsecond transaction rates.

In case nobody ever shared this with you, what digital currencies are really all about is paying for illegal substances and services with a secure online currency that is not easily traceable by the law enforcement agencies. This is being done in the furtherence of crime, and not in the name of freedom as the published literature would have you believe. No, they are not one and the same.

As for the accuracy of the information in a repository, the only thing that blockchain tech provides in this application is an assurance that the information downloaded is the same as what was originally created. IOW, that you got the actual original content.

There is no assurance that the original content is correct, complete, or appropriate. I am an amatuer historian with multiple published articles on the late 17th and early 18th century whaling industry. As such I had to learn the reason that a distinction is made between "history" (defined as information 100+ years old) and "current events" (defined as more recent events that still exist in the memories of those that experienced them). WW1 is history, WW2 is current events. History is recorded after a long and scholarly debate and the comparison of as many sources as possible. Even with these criteria, certain areas of the past are not settled - the best example I can think of being the US Civil War. Debate is lively and ongoing, and the history is still unsettled when it comes to those momentous events.

KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 16:37:33

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07- ... y-politics

What a freaking nutjob.

Rep Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) “We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice”

The D. Party should rename itself the Communist Party of the USA. If you are not one of the goose-stepping "progressive" SJW new "homo Americanus" (aka "homo Sovieticus") then you are enemy of the "people" (I guess that would be the majority is an enemy of itself).
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lpetrich » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 16:59:31

Three more of his targets have responded. All of them are American citizens, and two of them are like AOC, lifelong American citizens.

Rashida Tlaib on Twitter: "Want a response to a lawless & complete failure of a President?
He is the crisis.
His dangerous ideology is the crisis.
He needs to be impeached." / Twitter

Ilhan Omar on Twitter: "Mr. President,
As Members of Congress, the only country we swear an oath to is the United States.
Which is why we are fighting to protect it from the worst, most corrupt and inept president we have ever seen.
https://t.co/FBygHa2QTt" / Twitter

Ilhan Omar on Twitter: "You are stoking white nationalism bc you are angry that people like us are serving in Congress and fighting against your hate-filled agenda.
“America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.” -RFK" / Twitter

Ayanna Pressley on Twitter: "THIS is what racism looks like. WE are what democracy looks like. And we’re not going anywhere. Except back to DC to fight for the families you marginalize and vilify everyday. https://t.co/vYzoxCgN0X" / Twitter

These four women have had some recent squabbles with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, but she and them have evidently put those squabbles aside, at least for now.

Nancy Pelosi on Twitter: "I reject @realDonaldTrump’s xenophobic comments meant to divide our nation. Rather than attack Members of Congress, he should work with us for humane immigration policy that reflects American values. Stop the raids - #FamiliesBelongTogether!" / Twitter

Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen - BBC News
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 17:53:37

lpetrich wrote:...He needs to be impeached.....

For the 100th time the Ds don't have the integrity or the courage to do it.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 18:33:27

In one day of Trump tweeting, he has sucessfuly trolled the Democrat leadership into supporting these four communist anti-Semites in their party. It was a thing of beauty to behold, second only to the beauty of watching Trump curb stomp Hillary on election night.

No president has ever used social media as well as Trump. If I were not a fan of a Republic form of government, I'd choose Trump as Emporer. These four enemies of the Republic are going to sweep Trump right back into the White House in 2020.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby lpetrich » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 19:07:25

Cog wrote:In one day of Trump tweeting, he has sucessfuly trolled the Democrat leadership into supporting these four communist anti-Semites in their party. It was a thing of beauty to behold, second only to the beauty of watching Trump curb stomp Hillary on election night.

I link to some videos of AOC responding. In them, she is a heck of a lot more presidential than the Bigot in Chief. As is her earlier tweeted responses.

Pod Save America on Twitter: ""Weak minds and leaders challenge loyalty to our country in order to avoid challenging and debating the policy." — Rep. @AOC https://t.co/rlSvdWctoV" / Twitter

CBS Evening News on Twitter: "Rep. @AOC (D-NY): "I want to tell children across this country...that no matter what the president says, this country belongs to you, and it belongs to everyone, and today, that notion -- that very notion -- was challenged." https://t.co/7FfSzCLKfr https://t.co/86gjbacWQX" / Twitter

Trump tweets: Trump tells Democratic congresswomen of color to "go back" to their countries; AOC, Pelosi slam president; Some construe comments as "racist" - CBS News
British Prime Minister Theresa May called President Trump's tweets about the group of mostly American-born Democratic congresswomen "completely unacceptable." The prime minister's spokesman said Monday that in May's opinion, "the language used to refer to these women was completely unacceptable."

She's a Tory, a Conservative.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Mon 15 Jul 2019, 20:48:40

May is an idiot and on her way out of power. These four communists are going to set the Democrat party on fire and I'm breaking out the marshmallows.

Sorry your girl lost.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby lpetrich » Tue 16 Jul 2019, 21:56:29

Cog wrote:May is an idiot and on her way out of power.

Such dismissiveness.
These four communists are going to set the Democrat party on fire and I'm breaking out the marshmallows.

Maybe if Dwight Eisenhower was a Communist, as the founder of the John Birch Society had apparently believed.
Sorry your girl lost.

As if Hillary Clinton was the liberal Donald Trump. Dream on.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jul 2019, 15:41:57

lpetrich wrote: Dwight Eisenhower was a Communist, as the founder of the John Birch Society had apparently believed......

Would you please try to post things that make sense?

I'm sure you have some interesting ideas....why not share your own interesting ideas with us instead of posting 70-year-old nonsense about Dwight Eisenhower?

Thank you.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 17 Jul 2019, 19:18:41

As if Hillary Clinton was the liberal Donald Trump. Dream on.

Actually I think she would have worse. I didn’t think so at the time of election but following all the FBI/DOJ dirty work on her behalf has brought me to that conclusion.

I still don’t like Trump, but that doesn’t make Hillary any more appealing.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby careinke » Sat 20 Jul 2019, 03:20:05

KaiserJeep wrote:Sorry to break it to you, but blockchain is a dead end technology. I say this from the perspective of a computer professional with 34 years in the industry. The computing resources needed to confirm blockchains are not compatible with sub-microsecond transaction rates.

In case nobody ever shared this with you, what digital currencies are really all about is paying for illegal substances and services with a secure online currency that is not easily traceable by the law enforcement agencies. This is being done in the furtherence of crime, and not in the name of freedom as the published literature would have you believe. No, they are not one and the same.

As for the accuracy of the information in a repository, the only thing that blockchain tech provides in this application is an assurance that the information downloaded is the same as what was originally created. IOW, that you got the actual original content.

There is no assurance that the original content is correct, complete, or appropriate. I am an amatuer historian with multiple published articles on the late 17th and early 18th century whaling industry. As such I had to learn the reason that a distinction is made between "history" (defined as information 100+ years old) and "current events" (defined as more recent events that still exist in the memories of those that experienced them). WW1 is history, WW2 is current events. History is recorded after a long and scholarly debate and the comparison of as many sources as possible. Even with these criteria, certain areas of the past are not settled - the best example I can think of being the US Civil War. Debate is lively and ongoing, and the history is still unsettled when it comes to those momentous events.

Excuse me, I thought we were discussing ways to track "corrections" made to documents on the internet. The only way I know to do that, without being counterfeited, is through blockchain technology.

Your other assertions also lack merit and are severely outdated. Afterall, Block chain was not even invented until 2008, so your 8086 technology is a little outdated.

BTW Cash is a much better option for using in criminal activities. It happens everyday, are you advocating the elimination of the dollar? Why would you use a currency like Bitcoin that can be easily tracked?
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion