Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 21 May 2019, 06:50:16

Funny how both some left and right wing posters feel in the minority.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Revi » Tue 21 May 2019, 08:00:50

Cog wrote:
Revi wrote:My choice right now is Julian Castro. He's the most environmentalist candidate. Unfortunately he may not make it. Imagine if we had stayed in the Paris Accords, didn't have whackos in every department and could still be hopeful about the future...

He is also a hard core commie in all his policy positions. An open border, gun banning, pro-abortion commie. He fits right in with the majority of this board though.

So you don't like him I take it...
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 21 May 2019, 10:50:53

Ontheissues try’s to where candidates stand “on the issues.”

Climate Change is not even an “issue”.

Neither are the remaining 4 of my 5 biggest concerns:
Over population
Global financial system
Anti-bacterial resistance to drugs
Resource depletion

165D19CB-1157-40C6-A070-21B5969E4D3D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Revi » Fri 24 May 2019, 07:55:50

Of course climate change isn't even an issue. We have been urged to pay attention to Kim Kardashian's backside much more than any real issues.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 24 May 2019, 10:23:27

Two Ds out of the 24 running for Prez have made Climate change their signature issue.

But rank and file D voters don't really care about it, and those two (Gov. Jay Inslee and some nebbish D congressman from Maryland) don't even register in the polls.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 24 May 2019, 10:38:21

Its amusing to see that Adam Schiff, who whined about the tiny redactions in the Mueller Report, is demanding that Barr not investigate the intelligence agencies to see how they went down the wrong path with their claim that Trump is a Russian agent.

I want the whole Mueller report released! And I want all the FISA court documents suppressed!

Schiff is particularly insistent that no FISA court documents be declassified.

Apparently Schiff believes in transparency only when it is politically expedient for him.

In actuality, the likelihood that the intelligence agencies were subverted by the Obama administration into committing a fraud on the FISA court as part of a dirty tricks effort to help the Hilary campaign is something that needs to be sorted out. This little fraud by the Ds has now roiled our politics for two years......its time for government to come clean over this.......

Did the Obama justice department commit a fraud on the FISA court? Enquiring minds want to know.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 24 May 2019, 15:45:55

Unless Fox has been spinning a counter web Bigger than MSNBC’s that answer should be crystal clear.

BUT I await the upcoming events. This is like watching Game of Thrones I. Real time. (I’m an expert now, I’ve seen 3 episodes at my kids house, out of sequence and backwards. Completely off-topic (maybe) but one extended scene is a straight up SM fantasy I’ve only seen in X rated graphic novels. Where the hell is #metoo on that shit? Not that I think they should censor it, but come on, how about even standards?)
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 24 May 2019, 23:10:40

Please talk about the Mueller report in one of the multiple threads devoted to that topic. This thread is about the multitude of Democratic candidates in the D primary.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 25 May 2019, 00:06:05

Plantagenet wrote:
lpetrich wrote:Look at it this way. A big statue of General Sherman in the middle of Atlanta would be a celebration of history. So why don't we have it?

We do have it. There s a monumental statue of General Tecumsah Sherman erected by a grateful nation in central Park in New York City. ...

Not what I have in mind. Also, I thought of a detail for that statue. Him holding a burning stick.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 25 May 2019, 00:39:10

lpetrich wrote: I thought of a detail for that statue. Him holding a burning stick.

Please don't desecrate the statue. Your idea is ugly. Don't do it.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 25 May 2019, 00:41:28

Political positions of the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primary candidates - Wikipedia
The candidates' positions look fairly similar.

350 Action – The 2020 Climate Test - it assesses the candidates on these issues:
  • Supports a Green New Deal?
  • Passes the Keep it in the Ground Test?
  • Signed No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge?
The candidates are a very mixed bag.

I'm thinking of doing some data mining to see how the candidates' positions correlate, and also how the candidates cluster on the issues. Which ones are most like which other ones?
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 25 May 2019, 03:47:17

Plantagenet wrote:
lpetrich wrote: I thought of a detail for that statue. Him holding a burning stick.

Please don't desecrate the statue. Your idea is ugly. Don't do it.
Cheers!

I'd have another statue of General Sherman, one of him standing and holding a burning stick.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Sat 25 May 2019, 05:46:21

The logic of the left escapes me. They maintain that wages are stagnant for the poor and middle class Americans. They also maintain that we must allow millions of illegals to migrate to the United States to do the jobs that Americans won't do and thus suppress those poor and middle class American wages. Of course to recognize this cognitive dissonance on the issue would be to admit the real reason the Dems want more illegals here. That being a new dependable voter base.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Sat 25 May 2019, 06:18:48

Cog wrote:The logic of the left escapes me. They maintain that wages are stagnant for the poor and middle class Americans. They also maintain that we must allow millions of illegals to migrate to the United States to do the jobs that Americans won't do and thus suppress those poor and middle class American wages.

They've got that covered as I am sure I have seen reports that purport to prove that large scale immigration doesn't depress wages. Of course that is about as believable as a study proving that up is down!
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sat 25 May 2019, 06:24:32

The logic of anybody who thinks that picking either a Democrat OR a Republican will change anything escapes me. Federal elections have not been about political ideology for at least 200 years. They have been about politicians selling power and influence (and their votes) for that long. The only candidate who might have changed this in the recent past was Ross Perot, and the powers that be submarined him by threatening his family. Trump did not scare so easily from such threats, although his wife sure did.

KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 25 May 2019, 06:58:46

Orange Man Bad seems to be the prevailing Democrat candidate's talking point. But on that note, the desire to impeach Trump by House Democrats is going to backfire spectacularly as AG Barr can now declassify, on his own, anything related to the Mueller investigation and how it originated. There is a lot of Democrat fingerprints from the Obama administration and the hoped-for Clinton administration on this. You see this by comments from guys like Schiff and Nadler in the House. They don't want this information released.

Then:

President Obama can and must declassify as much as possible about Russia hacking our elections. Rest assured, Trump won't. https://t.co/ONM8N0kCMl
Adam Schiff Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) December 17, 2016

And now:

While Trump stonewalls the public from learning the truth about his obstruction of justice,

Trump and Barr conspire to weaponize law enforcement and classified information against their political enemies.

The coverup has entered a new and dangerous phase.

This is un-American.
Adam Schiff Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) May 24, 2019
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Sat 25 May 2019, 08:01:05

yellowcanoe wrote:
Cog wrote:The logic of the left escapes me. They maintain that wages are stagnant for the poor and middle class Americans. They also maintain that we must allow millions of illegals to migrate to the United States to do the jobs that Americans won't do and thus suppress those poor and middle class American wages.

They've got that covered as I am sure I have seen reports that purport to prove that large scale immigration doesn't depress wages. Of course that is about as believable as a study proving that up is down!

This is the Ponzi economy racket that is being run by Canada and the EU. Mass immigration creates a transient stimulus to the GDP that can only be maintained by a conveyor belt of immigration. Canada imports over 300,000 per year with basically of them moving to the Toronto area and the Vancouver area. This has created enormous real estate bubbles and grid lock. The average family income in Toronto is under $80,000 (Can.) with average house prices hitting almost $1.5 million (Can.). People literally can't afford their own homes and only have them due to sane prices prior to 1990.

The lie that wages are not depressed is designed to muzzle dissent from the indigenous population. The GDP stimulus is not for their benefit anyway and they can experience wage drops (and in the case of Vancouver be basically cleansed out of their own city). Of course, the managers of this racket must tune the immigration flux so as to not result in a negative stimulus. For Canada, 300,000 is under 1% of the total population. So the pain is not immediate.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 25 May 2019, 08:15:07

The demented D. Party still pimping the "Russian hacking" hoax. The DHS investigated hacking and found only routine script kiddie attacks. In fact, it was DHS security testing that was the only real hacking of computer systems related to elections. Initial claims of "Russian" (assumed) hackers actually breaking into the systems with the chance of altering voting data were proven false. But the propaganda spread by the fake stream media has left the initial claims as "facts" in the minds of many.

If you read the FBI report on "Russian hacking" that showed up at the start of the witch hunt against Trump, you will see that they cite no cases of actual hacking of any systems related to the vote. The only hacking supposedly having occurred was of the DNC systems that the FBI did not investigate and was alleged by some D. Party security contractor. This allegation is not credible since the data leaked was too large to siphon via the internet and required on site use of USB sticks. Wikileaks got this data and asserts it was from an inside leaker and not "Russian hackers". Time to investigate the murder of Seth Rich properly instead of burying the case for political convenience.

This FBI report also engaged in Orwellian newthink and asserted that a few thousand social media click bait ads (promoting both Trump and Hillary) by some private company operating in Russia were meddling by Putin. The most inane claim in history. All through the cold war there was propaganda delivered via short wave to the USA from the USSR. Not once was this called "elections meddling" and it was a signal quite distinct from the noise. Those click bait ads were completely buried in the noise of social media ads and the idea that they could steer the US electorate into voting for Trump is an intellectual insult to Americans. It is also not clear how only the pro-Trump click bait worked and the pro-Hilary click bait didn't. Putin must have magical powers.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 25 May 2019, 12:23:11

I will concede that I depart from a lot of the Left on this issue. I consider illegal immigrants to be gate crashers.

Peter Turchin Ages of Discord - Peter Turchin has evidence that oversupply of labor pushes down wages. But guess who likes lots of immigrants. Business leaders. People that the Right absolutely *adores*.

But the Right sometimes shows disconnect on this issue also. Some years back, Georgia politicians decided to crack down on illegal immigrants. When that produced a shortage of farm labor, the state's governor seemed baffled.

Of course to recognize this cognitive dissonance on the issue would be to admit the real reason the Dems want more illegals here. That being a new dependable voter base.

I find that conspiracy theory rather silly.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 25 May 2019, 17:27:25

lpetrich wrote:
....the real reason the Dems want more illegals here. That being a new dependable voter base.

I find that ..... rather silly.

Thats because, like many Ds, you don't understand how science works. Please educate yourself on the science of demographics and on how demographics affect politics.

There's an old saying.....demographics are destiny. Change the demographics of the US and you change the politics, economics, and culture of the US. Polling shows that Hispanics vote about 60-66% for the Ds. The massive influx of Hispanics into California transformed the state into a solid D state in a generation, and the same thing is happening now in AZ, NM, and Texas right now. The more Hispanics, the more D voters. Its pretty simple to understand if you can do math.

lpetrich wrote:... guess who likes lots of immigrants. Business leaders.

Of course.

Thats why illegal immigration has turned out to be such an intractable problems. The business community like having lots of new customers and the Ds like having lots of new voters. The only people who don't like it are working class people who suddenly have to compete for jobs with millions of illegal aliens, driving their wages down. And when you add up the votes in Congress, most Ds along with some R Congresscritters would just as soon see the current mess continue----and so it does.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion