Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 01 Apr 2019, 13:12:46

As I said the fossils (B, W.& B) are out both on just age and the extensive bad records they all carry. Moving on to Harris I don't see her as winning out as the "me too" women can't be victims if the boss lady uses her money maker the old fashioned way.
Of course I can't see a really viable one in the bunch so I have to be wrong about one of them.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 01 Apr 2019, 22:06:16

There was a big news feature on pervy old Joe Biden sniffing women's hair on the PBS newshour tonight.

Joe is claiming the women are lying and the photos have been photoshopped. This has triggered off Castro and Warren to give speeches saying they believe the women and Joe needs to come clean on this.

Joe is kind of stuck here. If he denies he is a pervert and serial hair sniffer then the women's stories and the pictures of him grabbing women and sniffing their hair prove he is a liar. But if Joe admits he is a pervert and serial hair sniffer but says he's learned his lesson and promises he will sin no more, then by the rules of the "me too" movement he is no longer good enough to be a D and should be hounded out of office and ostracized by the right thinking moral women of the D party.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Mon 01 Apr 2019, 23:19:42

Biden is on video acting creepy towards young girls. He can't hide behind the photoshop excuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwXweiRjckI

Some of it looks benign, but the pattern is just too repetitive. But the fake stream media could care less. Trump's "wrong doing" with adult women is the "serious" issue.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 03:36:01

Men generally don't initiate hugs with women unless there is a close family relationship. It's considered somewhat rude and too informal. Women however frequently do so during matters of great importance or that has emotional context such as funerals or weddings. Some women greet everyone with a hug instead of a handshake. We have one at church that does that.

Biden might be a perv or he just wasn't raised with good manners. It is notable that the people trying to take Biden out are from his own party.

Biden's conduct aside, he is the biggest threat to a Trump reelection and I'm fine with the left taking him out of the race by whatever means available to them.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 08:32:27

Cog wrote:Men generally don't initiate hugs with women unless there is a close family relationship..

That is certainly the rule in America today but that is a change from previous rules in some cultures and ethnic groups.
I think this may have gone too far now and will be a detriment to women in the work place. We have gone from women of the 70s being equals in the happiness of pursuit to today's women being defenseless creatures that you dare not approach or speak to.
If every word or gesture can be construed as a sexist attack then a mans only defense is to have no interaction with a woman at all which makes productive teamwork impossible.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:30:38

Pelosi just told old Joe that times have changed, and then admonished old Joe for his pervy hair sniffing and being an old pale male, and told him he had to make a more abject apology to all the women whose hair he has sniffed.

The D women won't be happy until they see old Joe down on his knees, hands clenched and humbly begging for forgiveness.
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:44:10

Biden won't be able to apologize his way out of being a white male. Although he might try it. The Dems have moved past white people and don't want them in power anymore. Its all about diversity now and if you aren't a person of color you are part of the old white racist patriarchy.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:48:32

That is OK . The white democrats can be converted into Republicans.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 11:49:39

Cog wrote:Time for Hillary Clinton to save the party.

After the first round of votes in the D convention then the Super Delegates come back in with their votes. With the plethora of canidates I can easily see Hillary coming back with the solid support of the Supers. At that point she would have about 30% of the votes, quite possibly many more than the next runner up.

Not saying it WILL happen, but it COULD happen.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 12:11:47

The thing about Hilary is I never viewed her as ideologically left or right. Just hungry to obtain power and money. More crooked than a barrel of snakes. She mouths the correct leftie phrases but I don't think she believes in any of them.

We will see. If Biden doesn't get in, I don't see anyone else taking on Trump. I would like to see her get beat for a third time though just for the laughs.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 13:40:44

It would be a sad day if the Democrats fail to find a better option then rerunning Hillary yet again. Not that I want the Democrats to win but they should at least take a sporting chance and Hillary is a sure defeat and will bring down the rest of the party with her.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 13:43:36

Cog,
That’s funny because I think almost the exact same thing could be said for Trump. Although Trump won the primary through his own merits, Hillary won hers through political insider dealings, which debased the primary elections.

But really they are both of the NY power elite.

VT,
Truly, they must be able to do better. But it’s not looking good. I’ve been saying they will destroy themselves from within. That’s looking to be the case.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 21:24:32

Biden's real problem was that at this early stade of the race, he was the #1 Democratic contender with 26.4% of all Democrats polled supporting him. AND of course he was a White Male who was 70+ years of age. Thus he has to be torn down to size. It remains to be seen which other Democratic candidate will - so to speak - feast off of Joe's carcass. Wait for someone to move on him.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 21:55:21

dissident wrote:Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with having a black woman candidate.

I'd vote for Candice Owens. She's Black, young, smart and very industrious. Her politics are a little more mainstream than I would prefer,but I'd still support her.

Unfortunately, I don't think she is old enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGGy1kSyxE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 02 Apr 2019, 23:49:14

Two more women have come forward to accuse creepy old Joe of sniffing their hair and rubbing up against their backsides.

The man is a menace! He must be stopped!

Creepy old joe in action.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 00:48:49

Let's see. As of now creepy old Joe is toast so we can cross him off the list. Warren AKA, chief spreading Bull,isn't getting any donations so is also off the contender list. Bernie on the other hand is raising lots of money and is now probably the leader. The younger set will have a hard time with him in the debates once they start so look for some kind of sabotage against him between now and the first debate whenever that is. Actually Bernie is so consistent year in and year out a smart younger contender could study old clips of his speeches and debates and know what he is going to say and turn it against him. He hasn't had a new idea in decades and just keeps polishing the delivery of his old doctrine.
The gay veteran mayor is raising a surprising amount of money considering his lack of name recognition and leadership record ( that last not surprising considering his youth) so he maybe the rising star if he can stand up to Bernie in the debates.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 07:24:16

I'm wondering if the final Democratic nominee is someone we haven't seen enter the race yet. I'm thinking of a leftist version of Donald Trump. A rich business type of either male or female persuasion. It did work for Trump who was not really a classic Republican.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 09:31:35

The Donald's biggest advantage was his nationwide name recognition mostly achieved by his being on the "apprentice". Who besides Oprah has that much recognition?
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 10:55:53

Elon Musk. He could fire up a joint during the debates.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 11:38:13

vtsnowedin wrote:The Donald's biggest advantage was his nationwide name recognition mostly achieved by his being on the "apprentice". Who besides Oprah has that much recognition?

Hillary.

Once Joe Biden drops out now that he's been unmasked as a hair sniffing butt rubbing thigh grabbing old white male perv, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hillary make her move into the open lane that will create in the D primary.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion