Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: President Donald J. Trump Domestic Pt. 1

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 21 Jun 2018, 15:56:18

Every last word that each of you has uttered is true and has its merit. But the cry of a defenseless child and the plea of a heart broken parent also has merit.
Yes, the stark realities are what they are. But we must strive to not forgo compassion where possible and practical.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 21 Jun 2018, 17:08:24

I am saddened to say this, because I have a heart and compassion for the needy and desperate.

The steadily increasing flow of refugees into this country, is not relieving the population pressure in South and Central American countries. The population in those countries continues to grow, the conditions continue to worsen, and the suffering to increase.

Americans already give more to charity than anybody else. Our government also hands out more money - and food - and medicine - and even civil engineering assistance - than anybody else. For many places, it makes the difference between an environment that is deady and one that is (barely) survivable.

As a result, being apes with the ape instinct to reproduce during times of adversity, we are causing a genuine human population surge, and an ever-increasing stream of distressed people are migrating not just across our Southern border, but lots of other places.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SP.POP.GROW

Solutions?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 08:34:42

An interesting view of the immigration debate.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/whos- ... 15986.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Trump MAY End Ethanol Fuel Additives

Unread postby lpetrich » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 19:50:02

That would be welcome -- if he ever decides to do it. The EROEI of corn ethanol is shockingly low: around 1. Estimates vary from a little less to a little more.

I've seen the theory that some biofuel advocates wanted it as a way of building biofuel infrastructure, but more efficient biofuel systems have not been developed fast enough. One that would use typical farming infrastructure would be cellulose digestion. One would grow some convenient plant like switchgrass, and then digest its cellulose with special enzymes. This would produce lots of glucose, which in turn would be fermented in the fashion of ethanol biofuels. Another is algae, but that uses algae ponds and not typical farmland.

So I think that ethanol mandates should be abolished.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Trump MAY End Ethanol Fuel Additives

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Jun 2018, 21:47:41

Here’s hoping.

Maybe my 2 stroke will run again.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 26 Jun 2018, 17:03:11

The Globe and Mail (Canadian) opining on the EU immigration problem.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... er-europe/

DW, Germany

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dw.com/e ... s-markus-söder-and-austrias-sebastian-kurz-unite-on-migration/a-44315563

And Toronto is tapped out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cana ... SKBN1JM2N5
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 30 Jun 2018, 19:40:49

An opinion piece about Trump and the tariffs. Looking at the domestic impact.

https://amgreatness.com/2018/06/28/on-h ... t-mistake/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Trump Dissaproval at 60%

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 17:06:30

Support for President Donald Trump is waning amid tumult in the White House.

Only 36 percent of respondents approve of the president’s performance, while his disapproval rate is at 60 percent, according to a new poll conducted by ABC News and the Washington Post, which was released on Friday.

In the previous joint ABC News and Washington Post poll, Trump’s disapproval rating was 56 percent, while 40 percent approved of his time in office, Politico reported. ABC News also noted that Trump’s current disapproval rating is “numerically the highest of his presidency, albeit by a single point.”

Additionally, the national survey found that 49 percent of those polled supported beginning the process of impeachment — and that when the results only included responses from women, the number increased to 57 percent.

The poll was conducted from August 26 to August 29, just days after Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort was convicted of eight felony counts of bank and tax fraud, and Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to eight criminal counts, including tax fraud, false statements to a bank, and campaign finance violations.

link

Morning Joe
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Trump Dissaproval at 60%

Unread postby mmasters » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 17:20:33

Sounds like the same polling that said Hillary would win in a landslide.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Trump Dissaproval at 60%

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 17:27:00

We're in a period of "wave" elections.

During the G. W. Bush presidency there were a series of "wave" elections that gave Congress to the Ds.

Then during the Obama presidency there were a series of "wave" elections that gave Congress to the Rs.

Now in the Trump presidency we are likely to see more "wave" elections that will give Congress back to the Ds.

The country seems to like to have the President be from one party, and Congress in the hands of the other.

Cheers!
"Our house is on fire" Greta Thunberg, 12/28/19

"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 31 Aug 2018, 22:39:40

Newfie wrote:An interesting view of the immigration debate.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/whos- ... 15986.html

I looked at the figure of attempted illegal entry across the Mexican border and it is something like 40,000 people a year.

A look at why so many are attempting to cross the border illegally. The USA has it's fingerprint on each of these countries supplying the illegal immigration flow.

It's a humanitarian crisis, just as Europe is facing it's own humanitarian crisis. Overpopulation is written all over it. Climate change is just going to make this worst over time. It's as much a conundrum as fighting climate change.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/central-americas-violent-northern-triangle
Organized crime is a legacy of decades of war in the region, notes a CFR special report. In El Salvador, fighting between the military-led government and leftist guerrilla groups (1979–92) left as many as seventy-five thousand dead, and Guatemala’s civil war (1960–96) killed as many as two hundred thousand civilians. Honduras did not have a civil war of its own, but nonetheless felt the effects of nearby conflicts; it served as a staging ground for the U.S.-backed Contras, a right-wing rebel group fighting Nicaragua’s Sandinista government during the 1980s.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/despite-trump-admin-crackdown-illegal-immigration-border-increased-may-n880686
"I think it's desperation," Leopold said. "They think it's better to spend time in detention than face what they're facing in the Triangle," referring to the Northern Triangle countries of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Trump's Cabinet reportedly discussed invoking the 25th

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 05 Sep 2018, 18:23:47

An anonymous senior official in President Donald Trump's administration wrote an op-ed in The New York Times on Wednesday, claiming there's a "quiet resistance" undermining the president.

The official wrote that "there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment."

Under the amendment's fourth stipulation, it would only take 14 people to depose the president — Vice President Mike Pence and 13 of Trump's 24 Cabinet members.

Section IV reads:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

"The 25th Amendment doesn't try to specify in great detail what might count as a disability, but does try to in effect identify who and how we go about the process," Amar said. "Here's the key point: The vice president is the pivot in the whole process. Unless the vice president puts himself — maybe one day, herself — forward, no one else can really basically, at least within the 25th Amendment framework, proclaim an unwilling president 'disabled.'"

The idea is that the Cabinet and VP are the president's closest advisers, Feerick said, so they would be the ones with the best sense of his mental faculties. They, and Congress, could also consult doctors to evaluate the president's physical and mental health in order to determine if he or she is fit for the job, though they don't have to.

link
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Trump's Cabinet reportedly discussed invoking the 25th

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 05 Sep 2018, 20:35:28

The Ds are going through the seven stages of grief.

On election night the Ds were in shock that Trump won the 2016 election.

Then the Ds blamed Comey for Hillary's loss, or the Russians, or the media, or the deplorable, horrible Americans.

Then they were angry, and rioted in the streets.

Then they became deeply depressed and put on pink pussy hats to signify something.

Then they became obsessed with various delusional fantasies....The Ds would impeach Trump, Mueller would indict Trump, and now a fantasy that Pence and the cabinet will involve the 25th amendment and remove Trump.

The next steps should be finally accepting that Trump is President, but the Ds aren't ready for that yet. They are still working through their grief. :-D :lol: :) :P :roll:

Cheers!
"Our house is on fire" Greta Thunberg, 12/28/19

"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 05 Sep 2018, 21:12:32

Lol another anonymous source that sounds a lot like it was written by an intern at the NYT.

I'd blame mccain for authorship but he is unavailable right now.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Wed 05 Sep 2018, 22:37:02

Erratic, vile, corrupt, criminal, amoral, mentally and intellectually unfit for his office, dangerous.

This is no longer partisan.

This is just the truth of who our asshole president is.

Right about on time as I predicted two years ago when I said I give him two years until he implodes.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 05:18:14

I only need two more years to win my bet with you ibon.

If Trump does nothing else but nominate a new batch of federal judges it will be well worth having him in office. The left is losing their minds over Trump which tells me he is having the effect I voted for.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 06:13:03

https://www.axios.com/trump-administrat ... eb36c.html

In the hours after the New York Times published the anonymous Op-Ed from "a senior official in the Trump administration" trashing the president ("I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration"), two senior administration officials reached out to Axios to say the author stole the words right out of their mouths.

"I find the reaction to the NYT op-ed fascinating — that people seem so shocked that there is a resistance from the inside," one senior official said. "A lot of us [were] wishing we’d been the writer, I suspect ... I hope he [Trump] knows — maybe he does? — that there are dozens and dozens of us."
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 07:00:49

LOL So let's see where we are at. Muh Russia collusion fell apart. Muh obstruction of justice fell apart. So now I'm supposed to believe that Trump will be taken down by Never Trumpers and insiders? The desperation of the left and the deep state is funny.

Say the words if it makes you feel better. "Drumpf is finished. It's all over for him now". Not like we haven't heard those words for the past three years both before and after he beat Hillary.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 08:38:10

Cog wrote: So now I'm supposed to believe that Trump will be taken down by Never Trumpers and insiders? .

Let's bookmark this statement from Cog for future reference.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 06 Sep 2018, 08:50:21

He's gonna get re-elected for a second term. Most of his supporters think they would be "sticking it too the 1%" by voting that way. I personally think he's the ultimate 1%er himself.

It sure is an amazing thing to watch. It seems to me that if we had had the various E-media during Andrew Jackson's presidency, this is much what it would have been like.

Most people are simply going to have to get over the fact that doing the job of POTUS simply does not require their support and approval. Nor does it require the support of the MSM. It only requires that you employ master manipulators to run your campaign. The only way Trump loses is if he assumes he can do it himself without such a person as Roger Stone managing his political campaign. In that case, he's gonna catch his own famous phrase "You're Fired!.

Edit: If you need some amusement, and have a fairly robust web connectrion, search YouTube using the words "Electrified Trump Sign". Watch the attempted political sign stealers twitch from the livestock fence chargers hooked to the signs. There are even "greatest hits" compilations of sign stealers. Most of them look like they would be Bernie supporters. :mrgreen:
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion