Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Are the MSM Russian agents

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 13:52:47

It occurred to me while watching one of the Sunday talking head news shows that the constant drum beat of Russia Russia Russia from the liberal side of the Main Stream Media is doing (unwittingly or not) exactly what Putin wants in that it is weakening the American government and the Trump administration. Is Rachel Maddow on Putiin's payroll? She sure acts like it.
What has Trump or any of administration actually done that fallows a Putin directive or aim ?
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby dissident » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 14:23:04

vtsnowedin wrote:It occurred to me while watching one of the Sunday talking head news shows that the constant drum beat of Russia Russia Russia from the liberal side of the Main Stream Media is doing (unwittingly or not) exactly what Putin wants in that it is weakening the American government and the Trump administration. Is Rachel Maddow on Putiin's payroll? She sure acts like it.
What has Trump or any of administration actually done that fallows a Putin directive or aim ?


Instead of blaming Russia for all your problems, perhaps you should swallow the bitter pill that it is 100% your own mess. Russia did not install the US MSM into its position of public opinion manufacturing. I bet that nobody back in 1960 would claim that the MSM was Russia's tool. But today the MSM is spewing the same stream of anti-Russian hate that it was spewing back in 1960. Face it, you have been conditioned from birth by the MSM to hate Russia. Russia has become a generalized dementia in the USA and your post confirms this.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5763
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 16:00:31

pstarr wrote:" Face it, you have been conditioned from birth by the MSM to hate Russia. Russia has become a generalized dementia in the USA and your post confirms this."

So true diss. I wanted to say our obsession with Russia would be laughable . . . if it weren't so dangerous . . . :shock:

but . . . on second thought . . . the US is an old toothless tiger. The only adversaries we are willing to take on anymore are desert ragheads in toyota tacomas. Scary boys and girls :? :P We buy our consumer goods from the largest communist country EVER in the world, and we gin up election conspiracies that make Putin hysterical. :(


Gee, if you hate it so much, why don't you move elsewhere...hopefully somewhere that doesn't get offended by racist terms like "ragheads". Do you walk down your hippie neighborhood slinging epithets like that, BTW, or do you just use the Internet to show your true colors?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-I'm glad Trump is in there now. I think we'll have a vaccine in a couple of months. (mmasters, 3/17/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sun 05 Feb 2017, 13:17:28

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 16:08:50

Thinking sh#t is stupid isn't quite the same thing as hating. Doesn't the whole thing boil down to the stupidest US election of all time? Two pretty much horrible candidates, ego tripping looney vs evil bitch Queen? The Russia obsession is a continuation of the absurdity.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator
 
Posts: 9244
Joined: Wed 04 Feb 2009, 03:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby dissident » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 16:38:05

The mere fact that Killary only needs to screech the word "Russia" to have a witch hunt says it all. Only decades of conditioning would allow for such absurdity. If someone screeched "Indonesia" or even "China" nothing would happen and the one doing the screeching would be laughed at and then ignored.

Anyone who thinks Trump is a foreign stooge just because Killary said so, is a certifiable idiot. But conditioning is all about excluding the higher brain functions from the response.

What is surprising to me is how the US MSM is the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party. I thought the Republicans had some weight, clearly they have none aside from maybe Fox. The electoral split between the Democrats and Republicans is not reflected in the MSM. The MSM is overwhelmingly pro-Democrat.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5763
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby dissident » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:02:22

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-0 ... oss-russia

I would say that the MSM are Killary's agents. Yet another BS diversion of attention from Killary and the criminal activities at the 2016 DNC.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5763
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:05:36

SeaGypsy wrote:Doesn't the whole thing boil down to the stupidest US election of all time?
Maybe not all time but certainly the stupidest in the last century.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:09:11

dissident wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-05/paradise-papers-massive-new-leak-exposes-tax-haven-secrets-links-wilbur-ross-russia

I would say that the MSM are Killary's agents. Yet another BS diversion of attention from Killary and the criminal activities at the 2016 DNC.
Yes they are playing the Hillary should have won etc. playbook but is that refusal to accept the results of the election not playing the game just as Putin wants it?
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 17:11:05

Peter, Concur. Obama couldn't even beat the insurance industry, started a bunch of wars, won a Nobel prize for the color of his skin, put fracking on steroids. It's only getting loonier.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator
 
Posts: 9244
Joined: Wed 04 Feb 2009, 03:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 19:23:55

Obama is over and Hillary is toast as well. What we are talking about here is the relentless attack of our press against a sitting president of the United States thereby giving aid and comfort to our enemies.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 19:33:29

vtsnowedin wrote:Obama is over and Hillary is toast as well. What we are talking about here is the relentless attack of our press against a sitting president of the United States thereby giving aid and comfort to our enemies.

Look, I'm no fan of the liberal media, especially all the whining all the time, about Trump, whether substantive or not.

OTOH, he does give them PLENTY of ammunition on substantive issues to attack him on. Whether blatant enough lying to make HRC look like a truth teller (no mean feat in itself) to lots of stupidity, ignorance, and changing his mind so often he makes Bill Clinton look steadfast.

HRC showed herself to be a total clown when she whined publicly about a "vast right wing consipracy". Pretending that the issues the press has with Trump, at least on substantive items he screws up, and implying (i.e. "relentless attack") it's some media conspiracy, looks no more sane from where I sit.

Disclosure: I voted for neither Trump nor HRC, as I considered both choices terrible, and neither worthy to be POTUS.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 7951
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 19:54:52

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Obama is over and Hillary is toast as well. What we are talking about here is the relentless attack of our press against a sitting president of the United States thereby giving aid and comfort to our enemies.

Look, I'm no fan of the liberal media, especially all the whining all the time, about Trump, whether substantive or not.

OTOH, he does give them PLENTY of ammunition on substantive issues to attack him on. Whether blatant enough lying to make HRC look like a truth teller (no mean feat in itself) to lots of stupidity, ignorance, and changing his mind so often he makes Bill Clinton look steadfast.

HRC showed herself to be a total clown when she whined publicly about a "vast right wing consipracy". Pretending that the issues the press has with Trump, at least on substantive items he screws up, and implying (i.e. "relentless attack") it's some media conspiracy, looks no more sane from where I sit.

Disclosure: I voted for neither Trump nor HRC, as I considered both choices terrible, and neither worthy to be POTUS.

Excellent post OCS and I also voted for "none of the above" .
The question is are the actions of the MSM helping America or hurting it?
I can't see anyway that it is helping.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby dissident » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 19:53:51

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-0 ... spread-rus

Russian agents? No, paid whores of Killary and her allies.
dissident
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 5763
Joined: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 20:34:43

dissident wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-06/intel-committee-demands-fusion-gps-bank-records-suspects-journalists-paid-spread-rus

Russian agents? No, paid whores of Killary and her allies.

A distinction without a difference.
They are both attacking the Presidency in a way that weakens the USA government and makes us all vulnerable to the plans of our enemies.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:24:30

Well Putin's minions are in full song today about yesterday's election results. They managed to keep blue state Virginia Blue in the governors office and pick up New Jersey Where Hillary beat Trump 55 to 41 in 2016. Nothing too surprising there but if you watch the liberal MSM yesterday's results were an astounding defeat for Trump and signal the beginning of the end of his presidency.
Maybe if they click their ruby slipperd heels three times with their fingers crossed and wish on a falling star they will get their wish. :)
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Are the MSM Russian agents

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 12:32:38

vtsnowedin wrote:They managed to keep blue state Virginia Blue in the governors office and pick up New Jersey Where Hillary beat Trump 55 to 41 in 2016. Nothing too surprising there but if you watch the liberal MSM yesterday's results were an astounding defeat for Trump and signal the beginning of the end of his presidency.

I noticed that. Especially in liberal leaning papers like the NYT. When they can spin things so hard with a straight face, pretending to be objective, it's time to decide I'm not renewing.

Decided the same thing in terms of the WSJ years ago -- with the problem being too much spin to the hard right, and facts be damned.

I guess just cruising the net for news trying to get a balance of perspectives, and hoping not to be faked out by fake news is the needed ploy. Not too good for newspaper revenue though.

Too bad there are so few quality papers that manage to be close to balanced overall, as I want to READ THE NEWS (when I want the news), not the analysis and posturing of various political shills. (I'd be fine with, and might even be willing to pay for excellent, preferably balanced, political analysis, but they need to accurately CALL it analysis, and not "news".

Just one crabby old man's opinion, admittedly. (But since this crabby old man votes and pays attention, and pays lots of taxes, he believes he has the right to an opinion).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 7951
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 20:26:42


Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests