Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

how long before Trump is impeached?

Before swearing in
No votes
Before 100 days into term
No votes
Before 1 year
21%
Before 2018 mid-terms
13%
Before 2020 election
13%
hell freezes over
54%

Total votes : 39

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 20:37:05

Cog wrote:The only person this Ukraine story is going to hurt is Joe Biden. You will see why soon. The only person who could have beaten Trump in 2020 is going to be destroyed. Thanks Nancy for handing the election to Trump. LOL

How will this hurt Biden if the MSM media never actually reports on the threats Biden made against the Ukrainians?

I've seen the TV video showing Biden boasting about threatening the Ukrainians with withholding billions in aid money if they didn't fire the prosecutor investigating his son. But what Biden did isn't being reported at all in the MSM and that video has been disappeared from the MSM so I don't see how it hurts Biden if the media covers up what Biden did.

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 04:58:11

Before this I suspect very few people had heard about Hunter Biden and his deals with China and Ukraine. At least some people are going to be curious as to what Joe Biden did to benefit his son. I know that as chief executive Trump was well within his lane to ask Ukraine what Joe Biden did there to take the heat off his son.

How soon people forget the Dems spent millions for a made up dossier using intellegence sourced from Russia. And used that opposition research to apply for FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 09:04:49

Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 09:23:20

Link to phone conversation between Trump and the Ukrainian president. I'm not seeing any quid pro quo just an effort to root out any corruption that might have happened with Joe Biden and son. Read it for yourself.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/u ... 9.2019.pdf
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 10:53:26

Newfie wrote:Plant,

Try this for The NY Times article earlier this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

Or this

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/p ... raine.html

Thanks Newfie.

Those articles do a good job of documenting Biden's boasting about his getting the prosecutor investigating his son fired.

I mainly listen to National Public Radio and watch the news on PBS, and the news reports on NPR and PBS claim the whole idea of Biden's interfering in Ukraine is just a Trump lie. They certainly never mention Biden's own public statements about his interference in Ukraine.

Its good to see the NYT actually did report on what Biden said and did.

Cheers!

PS: Now that Trump has declassified and released the transcript of his call to the Ukrainians I hope he also declassifies and releases the transcript of Biden's call to the Ukrainians. It would be interesting to compare the two transcripts.

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 13:08:36

Plantagenet wrote:I mainly listen to National Public Radio and watch the news on PBS

I take it that's hate-watching/listening sort of like MediaMatters watching Fox News? You're hardly a lib.

Plantagenet wrote:PS: Now that Trump has declassified and released the transcript of his call to the Ukrainians I hope he also declassifies and releases the transcript of Biden's call to the Ukrainians. It would be interesting to compare the two transcripts.

Apples and Oranges. Trump is president and Biden's not. Let the impeachment continue.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 13:35:43

asg70 wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:I mainly listen to National Public Radio and watch the news on PBS

I take it that's hate-watching/listening sort of like MediaMatters watching Fox News? You're hardly a lib.

Plantagenet wrote:PS: Now that Trump has declassified and released the transcript of his call to the Ukrainians I hope he also declassifies and releases the transcript of Biden's call to the Ukrainians. It would be interesting to compare the two transcripts.

Apples and Oranges. Trump is president and Biden's not. Let the impeachment continue.

Sure. Let it continue and see where the truth lies, if possible with all the political spinning on both sides of the aisle.

But meanwhile, as a moderate, I sure as hell would like to see what kind of antics Biden has been up to before I potentially vote for him as POTUS in 2020! Or should that be disallowed since he's a dem?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 16:57:56

asg70 wrote: ...hate-watching/listening ...

You've come up with another totally bizarre idea. Congrats!

Outcast Searcher wrote: Trump is president and Biden's not.....Let the impeachment continue..... Let it continue and see where the truth lies, if possible with all the political spinning on both sides of the aisle.

Somehow I don't think the Ds in the house are really after the "truth." Notice that they started impeachment proceedings BEFORE Trump released the transcript of the conversation. Obviously getting the impeachment going as soon as possible was more important to the Ds then waiting one day for the facts to be revealed in the transcript of the conversation.

And, the Ds just saw the 3 years they spent spinning and lying and ranting that Trump should be impeached for being a Russian secret agent under the control of Putin get destroyed by the Mueller report. IMHO the Ds are just looking for something else to harass Trump with now that their Russian collusion story has been exposed as a fraud.

Cheers!
hall of shame
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 17:04:25

Outcast_Searcher wrote:But meanwhile, as a moderate,

LOL, just for grins I searched your posts and find you've used the word "moderate" 352 times. That's just the one word, not every other possible disclaimer. Seems like if you were actually moderate you wouldn't need to stipulate as much as your opening argument before every statement.

I'm not a moderate, don't play one on the internet, but I'd have no problem with the FBI vetting Biden and anyone else, maybe that and tax return release should be mandatory.

My views seem moderate to me —duh. I do have some probably middle-road views on certain topics but still I always wind up surprisingly far from center on this quiz. Particularly on the anti-authoritarian scale, I feel like a pretty law and order guy. Maybe this is a log scale... yeah, that's it! Note, just about every US politician is in the upper right quad
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 17:39:45

Funny, I always end up right about there also. Apparently so did Ghandi. Somehow I don’t know how much I trust those tests.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby careinke » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 18:08:04

So would I be considered a Moderate?
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 18:13:19

Impeach first, figure out the crime later to charge the president with. Yeah that's what the Founders had in mind.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 19:44:23

If they can successfully impeach bases on that phone call I have to say there is something seriously wrong with your constitution.
The essence of the call as I read it was:

Hey Bud....I'd appreciate if you looked into this whole thing about such and such company getting a pass for corruption, optics didn't look right and it involves someone who was previously in our government and is seeking election so that is a worry.

No problem....we were going to look into that anyway as we want to eliminate all corruption in the system, that was our goal as a new government so we are working on it.

Yeah....high crimes and misdemeanors. :roll:
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 20:33:24

Plantagenet wrote:Somehow I don't think the Ds in the house are really after the "truth."

Spoken like a true NPR listener and PBS watcher.

rockdoc123 wrote:If they can successfully impeach bases on that phone call

Oh I'm sure it would be more of a straw that breaks the camels back situation and not JUST the phone call. The guy is probably mentally unfit as it is.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mmasters » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 22:00:01

Hard to say which from the deep state started this but you have to look at who benefits from this political stunt.

The only winner out of this call is probably Elizabeth Warren.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 22:46:39

mmasters wrote:you have to look at who benefits from this

The american public.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 23:24:35

asg70 wrote:
mmasters wrote:you have to look at who benefits from this

The american public.

You lost an election. Perhaps you need some therapy to get over it.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 25 Sep 2019, 23:40:54

Its too bad Biden isn't going to win the D nomination----it would be a lot of fun having him as President.

Cheers!
hall of shame
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 03:58:19

For those desiring impeachment, please list Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors that you believe Trump committed. Take as much space as you need.

By the way, Trump saying mean things by tweet is not a high crime or misdemeanor, although the press might have informed you otherwise.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:32:10

If Trump was being above board about rooting out corruption, then why did he 1. specifically mention Biden? and 2. try to hide these conversations/negotiations from the public?

Biden may be a creep, but we're dealing with a much bigger creep. You can't impeach for being a creep, but you can impeach for using one's office to elicit aid for strictly political gain from a foreign government. Is that a crime? Well, it doesn't appear to ever have been done before. Trump is in a class all by himself. If the Congress saids it's an impeachable offence, then it obviously is, as Congress makes the laws, IMO.
jedrider
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion