Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Countdown To Impeachment Pt. 1

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:18:25

pstarr wrote:Takes our eyes from the ugly truth: that no one is at the control of this runaway train. :?


This is the one area where polarization dissolves. Where ever you are on the political ideological spectrum there is this growing awareness of this run away train and a subconscious desire to derail it. This explains both why so many love and hate Trump. He has the ability to derail things and both the political right and left secretly want him to. In spite of what this might do to ones stock portfolio! :)
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 12:25:29

I am sitting around waiting for short term renters to exit our property next door so I can get over there and continue to work since we are selling the house. I am wallowing in the media news for this reason and am spending more time than I should but this is temporary.

Anyway, many are saying that Trump would be a disaster if a real crisis would happen like North Korea escalating their aggression etc.
I will make a prediction here as long as we are discussing Trump and what you guys call the Dark State.

A crisis is just what Trump needs right now. Something to take him out of his Jerry Springer Entertainment facade of a presidency. I think if a real crisis happened he would rise to the occasion and allow a more disciplined governance. Because this is about the only way he would step back from his pathological power struggles. An external crisis will unify where right now we are fractured.

My crystal ball tells me that a crisis will be manifested by what you guys call The Dark State. This is the only way I see that Trump survives his presidency.

Expect a crisis soon.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Cog » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 16:34:48

I for one am glad we have Peak Oil board certified psychiatrists to forensically diagnose President from afar. The self-claimed expertise in all fields of human endeavor do amaze me.
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12791
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 16:42:43

Cog wrote:I for one am glad we have Peak Oil board certified psychiatrists to forensically diagnose President from afar. The self-claimed expertise in all fields of human endeavor do amaze me.


I just figured it out. Trump really wants a vagina but his transgender denial can't allow it :)
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 30 Jul 2017, 20:14:13

English bookies are currently betting there is a 48% chance Trump will be impeached or will resign.

donald-trump-latest-impeachment-odds

I can't see Trump being impeached or resigning myself, but then I'm still waiting for someone to come up with an actual crime that Trump might have done that could lead to impeachment.

CHEERS!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22793
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 15:18:42

A while back our daughter showed us some TV special. I think the series is called "Adam ruins everything". I might have the guy's name wrong.

Anyway...he did a pre election special and part of what he addressed was the growing polarization of congress over the decades. It's pretty well done and annotated with his sources.
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 13248
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 03:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 16:10:23

About political polarity lets take the comments over to the thread below and leave this thread focused on Trump and how he stands on his own merits and defects irregardless of your ideological leanings.

healing-the-partisan-divide-t72978-480.html
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 16:47:00

Plantagenet wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to come up with an actual crime that Trump might have done that could lead to impeachment.


It took long enough, but here we are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/p ... trump.html

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude
 
Posts: 2913
Joined: Sun 05 Feb 2017, 13:17:28

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 16:55:07

Show me the man and Ill show you the crime. -- Beria head of Stalins secret police
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12791
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 17:23:13

It is clear that impeachment by the democrat led house will be a slam dunk but then it moves to the senate where 67 votes are needed for removal. For that to happen they must get twenty Republicans to see their best way forward is to get rid of Trump and go into 2020 with Pence in office as a very weak president. I'll bet the offices and lounges around DC tonight are full of people pondering the future while sipping their sun downers.
User avatar
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission
 
Posts: 9829
Joined: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:00:00

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:01:49

asg70 wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to come up with an actual crime that Trump might have done that could lead to impeachment.


It took long enough, but here we are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/p ... trump.html


You want a paranoid analysis?

The powers to be, the deep state, are wanting to keep the status quo going so they can take the last deep sucks of the wealth pump gravy train before the real shit happens.. Trump has proven to be way to much of a loose cannon and has to go. The signs are clear that Elizabeth Warren is rising and represents to much of a challenge to the status quo. So now is the perfect timing to impeach Trump as this will elevate Biden, a Clintonesque status quo democrat who will not rock the boat like Warren would. This is all being orchestrated.

Wow, the cynic in me sometimes sees darkness.

My level of trust is really really low. I don't trust much of anything anymore in politics.

But Greta still remains pure.... haha
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Pops » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:18:57

A big deal.

Even if it passes the house I'd be very surprised if ⅔ of senators vote guilty. OTOH they did vote unanimously the "transcript" be released. Pretty sure there won't be anything in the transcript tho, any more than there was in trump's "medical report card" or in his tax returns... oh wait

Just for perspective Nixon had an approval rating of 58% before the watergate hearings and less than 20% wanted impeachment. Nixon was trying to get dirt on his opponent to subvert democracy too, maybe he should have pressured Castro to do it for him.

BTW, Happy Register To Vote Day
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
User avatar
Pops
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 18480
Joined: Sat 03 Apr 2004, 03:00:00
Location: QuikSac for a 6-Pac

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:34:52

Pops wrote:A big deal.

Even if it passes the house I'd be very surprised if ⅔ of senators vote guilty.


Guilty of what? Excuse me for wanting to know exactly what the new excitement is all about but after three years of claims by Ds that Trump had to be impeached because he was a Russian Secret agent in cahoots with Putin ---only to have those claims turn out to be a tissue of lies ------ I'm somewhat skeptical about the Ds starting up the whole "impeachment" circus again without having a very good reason.

Pops---would you (or someone else) please explain what Trump did that requires the Ds to take this extraordinary step?

Thanks!

Cheers!
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22793
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Pops » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:38:43

Ibon wrote:This is all being orchestrated.

Sometimes I kinda wish this were all planned rather than stream of consciousness twitter run amok.
But isn't that what all conspiracy is, just trying to find logic in the random?
It's like 24/7 taping of Jackass II White House Edition
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
User avatar
Pops
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 18480
Joined: Sat 03 Apr 2004, 03:00:00
Location: QuikSac for a 6-Pac

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:39:11

Pops wrote:maybe he should have pressured Castro to do it for him.



You win the quote of the day!
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
website: http://www.mounttotumas.com
User avatar
Ibon
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 7588
Joined: Fri 03 Dec 2004, 03:00:00
Location: Volcan, Panama

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Pops » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 18:59:57

Plantagenet wrote:Guilty of what?

Let me put it in terms you can understand.

Paul Ryan Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Obama
Faced with new allegations against President Obama and administration stonewalling, Republicans have ended months of caution.
By Nicholas Fandos
For the New Dork Times
Sept. 24, 2019
Updated 5:45 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul Ryan announced on Tuesday that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry of President Obama, saying that he had betrayed his oath of office and the nation’s security in seeking to enlist a foreign power for his own political gain.

“The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the Constitution,” he said after emerging from a meeting of House Republicans in the basement of the Capitol. Mr. Obama, he said, “must be held accountable — no one is above the law.”

The announcement was a stunning development that unfolded after months of caution by House Republicans, who have been divided over using the ultimate remedy to address what they have called flagrant misconduct by the president. It had the potential to reshape Mr. Obama’s presidency and to cleave an already divided nation only a year before he plans to stand for re-election.

In this case, with an avalanche of Republicans — including many who had resisted the move — now demanding it, Mr. Ryan said that Mr. Obama’s reported actions, and his administration’s refusal to share details about the matter with Congress, have left the House no alternative outside of impeachment.

At issue are allegations that Mr Obama pressured the president of Ukraine to open a corruption investigation of former Vice President Dick Cheney., a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, and his daughter. The conversation is said to be part of a whistle-blower complaint that the Obama administration has withheld from Congress.

Mr. Obama said on Tuesday that he would authorize the release of a transcript of the conversation, practically daring Republicans to try to find an impeachable offense in a conversation that he has called “perfect.” But Republicans, after months of holding back, demanded the full whistle-blower complaint, even as they pushed toward an expansive impeachment inquiry that could encompass unrelated charges.

“The actions of the Obama presidency revealed dishonorable facts of the president’s betrayal of his oath of office, betrayal of our national security and betrayal of the integrity of our elections,” Mr. Ryan said.

The president, in New York for several days of international diplomacy at the United Nations, issued a defiant response on Twitter, in a series of fuming posts that culminated with a simple phrase: “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”

“Such an important day at the United Nations, so much work and so much success, and the Democrats purposely had to ruin and demean it with more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage,” Mr. Obama wrote. “So bad for our Country!
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/p ... trump.html
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
User avatar
Pops
Elite
Elite
 
Posts: 18480
Joined: Sat 03 Apr 2004, 03:00:00
Location: QuikSac for a 6-Pac

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 20:23:36

Pops wrote:
Paul Ryan Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Obama
Faced with new allegations against President Obama and administration stonewalling, Republicans have ended months of caution.
By Nicholas Fandos
For the New Dork Times
Sept. 24, 2019
Updated 5:45 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul Ryan announced on Tuesday that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry of President Obama, saying that he had betrayed his oath of office and the nation’s security in seeking to enlist a foreign power for his own political gain.

“The actions taken to date by the president have seriously violated the Constitution,” he said after emerging from a meeting of House Republicans in the basement of the Capitol. Mr. Obama, he said, “must be held accountable — no one is above the law.”

The announcement was a stunning development that unfolded after months of caution by House Republicans, who have been divided over using the ultimate remedy to address what they have called flagrant misconduct by the president. It had the potential to reshape Mr. Obama’s presidency and to cleave an already divided nation only a year before he plans to stand for re-election.

In this case, with an avalanche of Republicans — including many who had resisted the move — now demanding it, Mr. Ryan said that Mr. Obama’s reported actions, and his administration’s refusal to share details about the matter with Congress, have left the House no alternative outside of impeachment.

At issue are allegations that Mr Obama pressured the president of Ukraine to open a corruption investigation of former Vice President Dick Cheney., a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, and his daughter. The conversation is said to be part of a whistle-blower complaint that the Obama administration has withheld from Congress.

Mr. Obama said on Tuesday that he would authorize the release of a transcript of the conversation, practically daring Republicans to try to find an impeachable offense in a conversation that he has called “perfect.” But Republicans, after months of holding back, demanded the full whistle-blower complaint, even as they pushed toward an expansive impeachment inquiry that could encompass unrelated charges.

“The actions of the Obama presidency revealed dishonorable facts of the president’s betrayal of his oath of office, betrayal of our national security and betrayal of the integrity of our elections,” Mr. Ryan said.

The president, in New York for several days of international diplomacy at the United Nations, issued a defiant response on Twitter, in a series of fuming posts that culminated with a simple phrase: “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”

“Such an important day at the United Nations, so much work and so much success, and the Democrats purposely had to ruin and demean it with more breaking news Witch Hunt garbage,” Mr. Obama wrote. “So bad for our Country!
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/p ... trump.html


Sorry....I don't see the connection there.

I don't see what your Obama fantasies from an imaginary alternate universe have to do with the move back here in the real world by the Ds to impeach Trump.

Perhaps you are suggesting the impeachment investigation of Trump is absurd, like your imaginary fantasy of an impeachment investigation of Obama?

If thats not it, then my original question remains....what actually is the reason the Ds are impeaching Trump back here in the real world? What is the crime being investigated and what is the charge against Trump?

Cheers!
Last edited by Plantagenet on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 20:32:39, edited 2 times in total.
hall of shame
People who buy new cars and then cry crocodile tears over climate change. The manufacture of a typical new car emits ca. 16 tons of CO2 and a new EV is actually much worse since the battery also has to be manufactured, resulting in a total carbon footprint of ca. 30 tons of CO2
User avatar
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 22793
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2007, 02:00:00
Location: Alaska (its much bigger than Texas).

Re: Countdown To Impeachment

Unread postby Cog » Tue 24 Sep 2019, 20:27:39

The only person this Ukraine story is going to hurt is Joe Biden. You will see why soon. The only person who could have beaten Trump in 2020 is going to be destroyed. Thanks Nancy for handing the election to Trump. LOL
User avatar
Cog
Fusion
Fusion
 
Posts: 12791
Joined: Sat 17 May 2008, 02:00:00
Location: Northern Kekistan

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ibon and 3 guests

cron