Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Blame Obama!

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Blame Obama!

Unread postby Cog » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 16:48:17

Given how super delegates were such a factor in Democratic party primaries, Hillary winning was a foregone conclusion. The Clinton dynasty knows where the bodies are buried and put a lot of them in the ground themselves.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 10:42:31

Calling BS on this news is ludicrous. It is clear that Killary and Obummer were in bed together politically. Of course he is going to push Killary's agenda. And that includes undermining Sanders.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 10:47:44

Anyone who posts with terms like Killary and Obummer isn't worth taking seriously.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 17:31:05

asg70 wrote:Anyone who posts with terms like Killary and Obummer isn't worth taking seriously.

So ..... every pundit on the left, including the MSM and the "news analysis" crowd NEVER talks about, say, Trump in a deprecating way, or uses nicknames to insult him? Or is it just that we shouldn't take any outlet that ever does that, like say MSNBC, seriously? (Or folks like John Oliver or Stephen Colbert, who often make VERY good points. And Oliver even calls them like he sees them when the situation calls for giving the left a smack, which ups his crediblity in my book.)

I'm not saying such terms aren't childish. But seriously, in today's political / punditry reality, I think you need better, and more consistent standards re just dismissing political adversaries -- or we might just as well have neither side EVER listen to each other (though one could argue that we're far too close to that state of affairs already).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 17:40:28

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So ..... every pundit on the left, including the MSM and the "news analysis" crowd NEVER talks about, say, Trump in a deprecating way,

Yep. If you want to criticize someone, stick to the facts (and there's plenty of it in the case of Trump) rather than hurling cheap schoolyard bully nicknames.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 21:03:42

Republicans can hardly be blamed that the Dems ran one of the most untrustworthy candidates they could find in the form of crooked Hillary. But I'm sure in 2020 you will find an even worse one.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to North America Discussion