Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 14:03:46

asg70 wrote:With attitudes like that then there's no way for the site to bounce back, that's for sure.

Once the situation becomes dire again, the site will bounce back.

It's just a joke!

It's always a good idea to laugh about things you can't change.
EV use might be good for your personal salvation, but it won't keep a single drop of oil in the ground.
If anything, it will make oil cheaper, encouraging further consumption.
mousepad
Peat
Peat

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 14:05:23

This showed up in my youtube recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlTek_kv2DY

Looks like the doomer niche have picked up on the durability aspect of the Cybertruck.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 18:01:28

asg70 wrote:This showed up in my youtube recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlTek_kv2DY

Looks like the doomer niche have picked up on the durability aspect of the Cybertruck.

Very interesting and I agree with much of his analysis. I am trying to talk the wife into going for the $100 just in hopes that it will be worth buying when it is actually ready for delivery. Hitting a brick wall on that so far but all she needs is one more purchase on her art hobby before I can claim sauce for the goose equals sauce for the gander.
In rural Vermont being the first to drive up to the main street store in a cyber truck would be the equivalent of driving down Daytona beech in a new or classic Corvette with a centerfold babe in the passenger seat.
Thinking about it.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 18:11:35

In rural Vermont being the first to drive up to the main street store in a cyber truck would be the equivalent of driving down Daytona beech in a new or classic Corvette with a centerfold babe in the passenger seat.

Jaysus glad I don't live in Vermont. In our neighborhood showing up with one of those would be not much different than the fat kid showing up first day at school with his collar buttoned-up, a pencil protector in his shirt pocket and his pants pulled up to just below his chest. You must be talking about the non-redneck part of Vermont :P
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 18:23:32

rockdoc123 wrote:

Jaysus glad I don't live in Vermont. In our neighborhood showing up with one of those would be not much different than the fat kid showing up first day at school with his collar buttoned-up, a pencil protector in his shirt pocket and his pants pulled up to just below his chest. You must be talking about the non-redneck part of Vermont :P
A "semi" bullet proof 4x4 truck with suspension adjustment for the terrain before you chargeable from the solar panels on your barn roof? What red neck Vermontah would not want one. Need to see the hookup to the snow plow of course and what the tires will do in mud and snow at the same time but we will see.
And if you think I am not the the epitome of redneck in Vermont you have not been paying attention.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 22:14:33

I think the frontend itself could function like a snowplow ;)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 04 Dec 2019, 03:20:20

asg70 wrote:I think the frontend itself could function like a snowplow ;)

Battering ram yes snowplow no. It would have some recessed ports in the belly sheet for attachment of the "Minute Man" plow mounts And that front nose better be hiding a winch mount or a beer cooler or both. :)
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 05 Dec 2019, 14:36:21

It just happened again. On "black friday" dozens of Teslas in California wound up waiting in a line more than a half mile long, inching forward for hours until they could at last creep up to to chargers and get recharged.

Chaos-California-Tesla-drivers-stranded-hours-half-mile-long-line-charge

THis is bad PR for Tesla. They've got a wonderful product, but there's a problem if people can't actually use their EVs to travel around town and even go on intercity trips the same way people do in their ICE vehicles.

I'm surprised every gas station in the country isn't adding superchargers right now. There clearly is a need for them. Do the gas stations make a profit when EVs come in to recharge....or is it free? Maybe the price of a recharge should be set higher, to incentivize gas stations to add more chargers?

Why are we waiting in this long line? Rumor has it if we wait in this line for hours we can get our Teslas recharged.....

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Energy Technology