Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 16:25:33

dolanbaker wrote:Something tells me that the "hiccup" was staged to gain maximum publicity, after all, no one is really going to buy a vehicle and drive it in area where flying steel balls will be aimed at it.

Obviously you have never heard of peak oil doom! It was a fad a few years back, and those mutant zombie bikers, not having any ammo left, were going to be using slingshots and steel balls for sure!
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 21:26:39

Did anybody else see the news story about the 15 Teslas lined up at a supercharger site over Thanksgiving in California?

They were all off to Grandma’s house for the holiday and suddenly they all needed a change, and they needed it now. So they all went to the Tesla supercharger site....at the same time.

There were 15 of them lined up, waiting for a charge. But it takes each car about 40-90 minutes to get a charge, depending on how complete a charge you get.

Lets do the math—-15 Teslas times ca. 60 minutes for each change means ca. 900 minutes to get the last Tesla charged! Wait a minute...that means it will take ca. 15 HOURS of WAITING IN LINE!!!!!

NOW lets do it in a POEM!

15 little Teslas waiting in a line
Except for needing a charge everything is fine
But if each charge takes an hour to do
The people in the back of the line are screwed
They’ll never get their charge in time
They’re doomed to spend Thanksgiving waiting in line.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 21:55:07

Plantagenet wrote:Lets do the math—-15 Teslas times ca. 60 minutes for each change means ca. 900 minutes to get the last Tesla charged! Wait a minute...that means it will take ca. 15 HOURS of WAITING IN LINE!!!!!

CHEERS!

Thank GOODNESS someone invented these things called "garages". Turns out, the one advantage they have over a super charger is....no waiting!!

I've stopped at a couple Supercharger stations before, Richfield UT at a hotel, Cambridge Ohio at a Sheetz convenience store, Limon Colorado right across from a gas station and behind a fast food restaurant. The density of Tesla's is those non-California places look to be far lower than the California folks, they are generally empty.

Jut imagine how much emissions they weren't emitted compared to the jet setting types though. :) I'd feel bad for the Californians except...they are Californians... :(
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 22:04:40

AdamB wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Lets do the math—-15 Teslas times ca. 60 minutes for each change means ca. 900 minutes to get the last Tesla charged! Wait a minute...that means it will take ca. 15 HOURS of WAITING IN LINE!!!!!

CHEERS!

Thank GOODNESS someone invented these things called "garages". Turns out, the one advantage they have over a super charger is....no waiting!!

Gosh....I wonder why none of the people in the 15 Teslas waiting in line to get recharged thought of charging their car in their own garage?

Wait....could it be that they were actually trying to use their Teslas to go on an intercity trip so they couldn’t return home to own garage?

I bet thats it. I know its hard to imagine but I bet those poor folks in the 15 Teslas waiting in line for a supercharger actually believed all the hype about EVs being suitable for intercity trips and travelled so far from home they couldn’t get back to their own garages.

Hahahahahahah! I bet they won’t make that mistake again!!! :-D :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: 8) 8) :-D :-D :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :razz: :razz: 8) 8)
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 22:43:52

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:Thank GOODNESS someone invented these things called "garages". Turns out, the one advantage they have over a super charger is....no waiting!!

Gosh....I wonder why none of the people in the 15 Teslas waiting in line to get recharged thought of charging their car in their own garage?

Goodness knows. We are talking about folks who build homes on top of active fault zones and then act surprised when they get killed by earthquakes. The smart ones build up in the hills, in fire zones, and then act surprised when entire towns are incinerated. And then the seasonal rains come and they drown in mudslides, because the fires took out all the vegetation holding the soil together. And don't even get me started on the Salton Sea!

Rather than worrying the inconsequential consequences of being a silly-willy Californian, maybe we can worry about their real problems!! Did you know, they made it illegal for people to kill each other with firearms, and they refused to stop even though it was illegal! yes, illegal, and they did it anyway!
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 22:52:55

Tragedy of the commons write large. Superchargers are put in place to cover average usage, not spikes when every EV user in the area jumps in their cars and road trips at the exact same time. EV owners should not expect to be able to do those sorts of trips. It's not the end of the world and is a poor thing to seize on for FUD. Ain't gonna kill suburbia, folks.

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 01 Dec 2019, 22:59:04

asg70 wrote:Tragedy of the commons write large. Superchargers are put in place to cover average usage, not spikes when every EV user in the area jumps in their cars and road trips at the exact same time.

Ahhh..why'd you have to go all logical and practical when Planty is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and make up fake problems?

asg70 wrote: EV owners should not expect to be able to do those sorts of trips. It's not the end of the world and is a poor thing to seize on for FUD. Ain't gonna kill suburbia, folks.

It was so silly, I didn't think anyone but Armageddon would seize on it as any serious FUD.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 00:56:19

AdamB wrote:Planty is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and make up fake problems?

And Addy is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and call people names and claim that things that actually happened are made up and fake?

The news story of the 15 Teslas forced to wait in line for hours to use a supercharger is 100% true and here is a link, complete with photographic evidence:

15-Teslas-wait-line-charged-California-Thanksgiving

It actually happens quite often---here is a photo of another site with lined up Teslas waiting for hours to use a supercharger:

I'm sorry, Addy, but you aren't Donald Trump. You can't claim that things that actually happened are "fake" just because you don't like reality. Or rather you when you do then expect to be called out for lying, you liar.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:11:22

AdamB wrote:Ahhh..why'd you have to go all logical and practical when Planty is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and make up fake problems?

Yep, and as you can see above, once he's wound up he just ignores all replies and continues to post on the topic for the next few weeks like a wind-up toy. Classic FUD NPC.

Listen, Plant:

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 10:49:15

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:Planty is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and make up fake problems?

And Addy is obviously in one of those BS modes to troll and call people names and claim that things that actually happened are made up and fake?

You read what asg70 wrote. There is no need for me to elaborate, while your trolling generally falls into the class of "cutesy puerile", asg70 had this one pegged immediately.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 12:27:10

AdamB wrote:You read what asg70 wrote.

Nope---you are making things up again. I don't read most posts by asg/ennu/mos....I've had asg/mos/ennui blocked for years because that poster only rarely makes interesting or informative posts. That poster has been repeatedly banned at this site and has even changed posting names to sneak back after being banned, and IMHO is mainly interested in attacking other posters.

AdamB wrote:... your trolling ....

One of the easiest ways to identify internet trolls is that they disrupt internet sites by calling other people trolls. You seem to fit that pattern, Addy.

--------------------------------------

The latest thing you are ever so wee-wee'd up about, as I see it, is that I posted a factual news story, with links and photos, about Teslas facing long lines at charging stations---lines so long it takes them many hours to get a charge------and some little quirk in your mind did't allow you to deal with that reality so labeled it "fake news" ala Trump. And then, not satisfied with that lie, you had to pile on with personal ad hom attacks.

Really, you should get a grip. In the real world Teslas and other EVs are encountering very long lines at some charging stations, particularly on holidays when lots of people try to all travel at the same time. For instance:

The-surprising-moment-15-Teslas-wait-line-charged-California-Thanksgiving

Its just a fact that there are sometimes traffic jams of Tesla superchargers with long lines. When you lie about it it doesn't change that fact---it just shows you are a liar. Instead of lying about it and calling people names and starting a nasty little fight over it, I suggest you just accept reality as it is. I don't know why you lie about things that are clearly true, but please stop. It will make discussing news items a heck of lot simpler if you stop the blatant dishonesty.

Cheers! 8) :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 12:42:53

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:... your trolling ....

One of the easiest ways to identify internet trolls is that they disrupt internet sites by calling other people trolls. You seem to fit that pattern, Addy.

Honesty is a virtue, regardless of your take on internet etiquette.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 12:58:39

And so Plant just continues his robotic programming, just as I said he would.

there are sometimes traffic jams of Tesla superchargers with long lines

Yes, during high-travel periods when everyone is setting out at the same time thinking they're entitled to a spot at a popular watering hole station. It doesn't really impact the larger calculus of whether EVs are viable. It will not hasten the end sububia or happy motoring in the slightest and hence it's inconsequential to the larger peak oil debate.

What it does do, of course, is present you with a soapbox to spam the forum with FUD. We know the modus operandi and we're tired of it.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 16:22:24

asg70 wrote:Plant just continues his robotic programming

Sorry but your attack is wrong as usual. I'm not a robot and I'm not programmed. You, on the other hand, seem to be interested only in attacking other posters.....and here you go again.

asg70 wrote: ....during high-travel periods when everyone is setting out at the same time thinking they're entitled to a spot at a popular watering hole station.

Yes...and thats exactly what I said.

So you actually agree with me? Imagine that!!!! And if you honest enough to admit you actually agree with me then the question arises as to why are you misrepresenting what was posted so you can launch another attack? Let me guess....you made up a phony reason to attack another poster because thats mainly what you come here to do.

asg70 wrote: It doesn't really impact the larger calculus of whether EVs are viable. It will not hasten the end sububia or happy motoring in the slightest and hence it's inconsequential to the larger peak oil debate.

I never claimed it did any of those things. I never mentioned any of those things. You're just making things up again.

The fact that 15 Teslas got stuck at a charging station is merely an interesting and amusing news story about Teslas which the over active imagination in your little mind construed as having something to do "the larger calculus of whether EVs are viable." You're like one of those little dogs that just wants to bark all the time....and if there is no reason then you'll just make up a reason...as you've just done here.

And why are you so concerned over whether or not EVs are viable anyway? EVs are clearly viable. In fact, you yourself claim you are an EV owner. But for some reason you want to gin up a phony argument over whether EVs are viable? You'll just have to argue with yourself over that one---as far as I'm concerned the whole subject is settled.

asg70 wrote:What it does do, of course, is present you with a soapbox to spam the forum with FUD.

You are making things up again. I didn't say anything bad about Teslas at all. I merely cited a humorous news article about 15 Teslas being stuck waiting for a supercharger......something you yourself admits happens.

The only spam going on here is the endless spam of you attacking other posters....and for you any excuse will do. Even a made-up controversy where it turns out you actually agree with me on the facts.

I suggest you try to get a grip on yourself.

Get a grip on yourself, asg/mos/ennui. You're just making things up so you can bark attack. I suggest you stand down and admit that EVs are viable and admit that its funny when some wealthy guy in a brand new $150,000 Tesla model S with ludicrous mode gets stuck in a long line waiting for a charger. Yes, search deep within yourself and find a shred of honesty and then admit you agree with me on this. Honesty is the best policy, you know.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 20:40:22

asg70 wrote:Tragedy of the commons write large. Superchargers are put in place to cover average usage, not spikes when every EV user in the area jumps in their cars and road trips at the exact same time. EV owners should not expect to be able to do those sorts of trips. It's not the end of the world and is a poor thing to seize on for FUD. Ain't gonna kill suburbia, folks.

To be fair, though, this IS a risk of trip-taking in a BEV during busy periods like holiday rushes, at least until there is plenty of spare charging infrastructure, just like with the mature ICE landscape, there is an abundance of gas stations.

Just like, to be fair, if there is an oil crisis due to weather, gas stations might have to close and there might be gas lines; just like if the grid is down, there might be an issue charging BEV's in an area.

To me, this is a reason why HEV's, or perhaps PHEV's are a great transitional vehicle while the next decade or so sorts a LOT of such issues out, and also helps the cost of BEV's come down. No range anxiety, unless gas lines become a common and widespread thing.

But either side claiming either condition "can't happen" or claiming it is "unfair" to point it out when it inevitably DOES happen, isn't being reasonable, IMO.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 22:54:01

Plantagenet wrote:Sorry but your attack

Wasn't I on ignore? If so, stop engaging. I and everyone else will appreciate it.

Plantagenet wrote:The fact that 15 Teslas got stuck at a charging station is merely an interesting and amusing news story

In other words, you're wasting our time? Trolls be trolling.

BTW, I remember another poster who used to clutch his pearls and claim it was all a joke quite often. PStarr. Remember when he said he was just here "for the yuks"? Well, people who do that are nothing but trolls. They don't add anything useful to the discussion. This is a discussion group and the discussion is about doom. The where, when, how, what, why. It's not a place to drop links to current events unless there's an actually POINT to it, either to back up or tear down a narrative. I know Alaska can be cold and lonely but we're not your social circle, Plant, and we don't look to you for idle humor. Offer up a coherent thesis and be willing to defend it or step away from the keyboard.

One more thing, btw. Humorists usually don't repeat their punch-line over and over again. Either it lands or it doesn't. The reason why you kept beating us over the head with it is to attack the validity of EVs, plain and simple. You just don't want to cop to it because if you did, you'd actually have to respond to the rebuttals and you aren't really capable of a fully fledged pro vs. con debate or to advance the discussion. All you can do is keep playing the same riff you came in with in the hopes it gains traction, day after day, week after week if necessary, as if it's some sort of front-page-news-grade scandal. It's like you're crouching down holding a lighter next to a pile of wet leaves hoping it eventually causes an attention-grabbing forest fire.

I just find it ridiculous that you fail to realize how that sort of endless repetition and lack of ability to truly engage would, ya know, ANNOY people. I mean, even Arthur Fleck would quit before you do.

Plantagenet wrote:EVs are clearly viable.

Other than car fires and causing cancer and what other FUD you see fit to dump in this thread.

Plantagenet wrote:But for some reason you want to gin up a phony argument over whether EVs are viable?

You're gaslighting again.

Not taking the bait on that one.

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 23:17:23

That's what Planty does!!! Great definition, and when you go through the routine Planty uses, it hits on nearly all the indicators mentioned! The passive-aggressive aspect was always a bit off, I just dismissed it all as trolling, but gaslighting explains Plant's natural posting style much better.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 00:53:16

asg70 wrote:gaslighting.....

The most obvious sign a person is a troll is that they spend all their time accusing other people of trolling, gaslighting, etc.

AdamB wrote:trolling....

The most obvious sign a person is a troll is that they spend all their time accusing other people of trolling, gaslighting, etc.

Cheers! :lol: 8) :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mousepad » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 08:43:41

asg70 wrote:I just find it ridiculous that you fail to realize how that sort of endless repetition and lack of ability to truly engage would, ya know, ANNOY people.

Plant, keep up the good work. I for one enjoy your posts. Brings out a chuckle in me.
And with 5 active posters repeating each their dug in position ad nausum, this forum is not much of a place for discussion, but more for entertainment. Don't you think so?
mousepad
Peat
Peat

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 10:43:35

With attitudes like that then there's no way for the site to bounce back, that's for sure.

Enjoy the malthusian catastorphe everybody! It's just a joke!

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology