Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: Re: THE Tesla Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Unread postby GHung » Thu 23 May 2019, 18:46:19

AdamB wrote: ......

Yeah, but that was back in the old days when peak oilers hadn't found out yet how oil-ignorant they were.

Nowadays they are quite quiet on the topic. Biding their time until the next apparent scarcity to begin singing in the choir and quoting the usual stuff from the peaker bible. ......

Or maybe they just moved on, something you dead-horse-beaters clearly can't do. That's why I don't show up here much anymore. SSDD, SIDD.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 23 May 2019, 21:43:44

GHung wrote:That's why I don't show up here much anymore.

The proper term for that is capitulation.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 23 May 2019, 22:04:25

GHung wrote:
AdamB wrote: ......

Yeah, but that was back in the old days when peak oilers hadn't found out yet how oil-ignorant they were.

Nowadays they are quite quiet on the topic. Biding their time until the next apparent scarcity to begin singing in the choir and quoting the usual stuff from the peaker bible. ......

Or maybe they just moved on, something you dead-horse-beaters clearly can't do.

You could be right. I've noticed that the entire climate angle has taken precedence at the few remaining peak oil sites. Peak oil isn't even taken as seriously at r/collapse after the last round of hysteria.

GHung wrote: That's why I don't show up here much anymore. SSDD, SIDD.

Most peak oilers seem to feel the same way...but they won't say it is because they aren't honest enough to admit that the dead horse beaters were right. Intellectual honesty was never a strong point among the Happy McPeaksters.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 23 May 2019, 22:11:53

asg70 wrote:

Harold Camping never capitulated, just rinsed and recycled the same bad idea, over and over. He probably isn't fond of folks pointing out that his sequential rapture claims didn't work out any more than the likes of GHung.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby GHung » Thu 23 May 2019, 23:48:49

AdamB wrote:
asg70 wrote:

Harold Camping never capitulated, just rinsed and recycled the same bad idea, over and over. He probably isn't fond of folks pointing out that his sequential rapture claims didn't work out any more than the likes of GHung.

If I got your drift right, I couldn't care less what you point out or how many times you do it. You are free to beat those dead horses and look silly doing it. Not sure why you make such a big deal about Harold Camping, or anyone else, capitulating, but it's your time to waste.
Seems pretty important to some of you. Curious, that.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 24 May 2019, 10:51:56

GHung wrote:You are free to beat those dead horses and look silly doing it.

I don't think anyone's under any illusion that the discussions here carry much in the way of importance...other than Armageddon and Short who are having their endless 2-person circle-jerk in that other thread.

This site lost its relevance years ago.

The only thing I'm thankful for these days is that PStarr seems to be gone...permanently this time.
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND HE WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HIS POSTS HAVE NO CREDIBILITY AND HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 27 May 2019, 10:12:48

GHung wrote:
AdamB wrote:Harold Camping never capitulated, just rinsed and recycled the same bad idea, over and over. He probably isn't fond of folks pointing out that his sequential rapture claims didn't work out any more than the likes of GHung.

If I got your drift right, I couldn't care less what you point out or how many times you do it.

The PERFECT answer from a zealot. Of course facts, precedent and history don't matter to zealots, it is all about belief. Feel free to believe as you wish, as peak oilers do, as religious folks do. Like Harold Camping.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 27 May 2019, 11:56:09

AdamB wrote:
asg70 wrote:

Yup, "dead horse beaters" isn't the right name, if the horse insists on living, fighting, and lying.

It's the same thing as people who still fight the science fight re evolution -- fighting the evolution denialists, who are still just pushing religion. They say (when I have asked) that it's important to keep them from fooling young and naive people.

So if clowns like short will quit claiming we're running out of oil and the ability to produce oil when ALL the meaningful evidence is that we're clearly not, I'm certainly happy to stop pointing out they're wrong re the facts.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 27 May 2019, 11:59:24

AdamB wrote:
GHung wrote:
AdamB wrote:Harold Camping never capitulated, just rinsed and recycled the same bad idea, over and over. He probably isn't fond of folks pointing out that his sequential rapture claims didn't work out any more than the likes of GHung.

If I got your drift right, I couldn't care less what you point out or how many times you do it.

The PERFECT answer from a zealot. Of course facts, precedent and history don't matter to zealots, it is all about belief. Feel free to believe as you wish, as peak oilers do, as religious folks do. Like Harold Camping.

+1
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 27 May 2019, 15:19:11

Would you guys please go start a new thread for your discussions about Howard Camping.

This thread is for discussions of Tesla.

THANKS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 27 May 2019, 15:45:01

TESLA downgrades Supercharger sites in some big cities....superchargers will now provide only 80% of a full charge

some-tesla-superchargers-now-limit-your-cars-charge-80-

Ostensibly this is being done to reduce the wait time to use the supercharger......but if you think about it when somebody doesn't get a full charge it means they will be back at the supercharger that much faster trying to get recharged again.

EV buyers have always had some range anxiety, because EV travel distances are limited by the EV battery size. Now a new range anxiety factor has appeared.........in some cases you aren't going to be allowed to get a full charged even when your EV is plugged in.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 27 May 2019, 18:20:39

Plantagenet wrote:Would you guys please go start a new thread for your discussions about Howard Camping.

This thread is for discussions of Tesla.

THANKS!

Indeed! And why wouldn't even your kind of faux "it doesn't work in Alaska even though it works great in Norway" interest not test drive one when they had the chance?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 27 May 2019, 20:18:39

AdamB wrote: why .... not test drive one .... ?

I've explained that to you twice already.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 27 May 2019, 21:03:45

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote: why .... not test drive one .... ?

I've explained that to you twice already.

Indeed. And because your explanation could best be summarized as "I can't be bothered even when in the dealership plus I don't care that the Norwegians make it work in the near Arctic to make my other claim look specious", I get to continue mentioning it. 8)
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 28 May 2019, 00:59:53

AdamB wrote:your explanation could best be summarized as " ....

Except your summary has nothing to do with what I posted.

Obviously you completely failed to understand what you were reading.

Thats not unusual in our dumbed-down society.

Lots of people have poor reading comprehension skills. :lol: :-D :roll:

Have a great day!

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 28 May 2019, 08:47:42

Plantagenet wrote:Lots of people have poor reading comprehension skills. :lol: :-D :roll:

Indeed. So how about a simple start over?

Do you see any electrics running around Alaska during your normal daily/weekly activities?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 28 May 2019, 10:11:12

AdamB wrote:
Do you see any electrics running around Alaska during your normal daily/weekly activities?

No. I haven't seen any locals dring EVs during the winter and I haven't seen any tourists coming up the ALCAN in EVs during the summer. Zippo. Nada. Zero.

How about you? Do you see any EVs where you live?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 28 May 2019, 10:19:48

Wall Street loses faith in TESLA....stock down 40% over concerns the car is running out of buyers...

tesla-wall-street

If Tesla goes bankrupt and has to restructure, it will wipe out all current stock holders. The distinct possibility of a TESLA restructuring adds an element of risk to owning TESLA stock at this time.....

cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 28 May 2019, 10:54:08

Plantagenet wrote:
AdamB wrote:

No. I haven't seen any locals dring EVs during the winter and I haven't seen any tourists coming up the ALCAN in EVs during the summer. Zippo. Nada. Zero.

How about you? Do you see any EVs where you live?

Cheers!

I checked out the Tesla reddit forums on Alaskans driving them, and found a few. I can't quantify a "few" other than some Alaskans own them, others were asking about buying them and if they could range to Fairbanks from Anchorage, how badly the cold weather hits them, those kinds of questions. So some are in town, but by "a few" I don't think there are many. I also checked the Supercharging stations in Alaska and there appear to be none. Service was another issue mentioned, any major service required shipping the car back to the L48.

It isn't the cold that is stopping the implementation, Norway/Sweden/Finland look to be well covered in Supercharger stations, and we all know that Tesla and electrics are darn near taking over the car markets in Norway.

Alaska just doesn't appear to be a priority.

Of course we have plenty in my neighborhood. The next door neighbor has an X, the wife's boss has an S model, Volts and Bolts and Leafs are quite common. There is only one other Energi in the neighborhood, and it is identical to mine, but they are far less popular than Tesla's or the Chevy products.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Tue 28 May 2019, 19:43:49

Plantagenet wrote:How about you? Do you see any EVs where you live?

I sure as hell do, all the time, and not just Teslas. One time I parked at a discount store and when I came out another Hyundai EV (Ioniq) was parked right next to me. I don't know if he just wanted to get a look at my Kona or it was just a coincidence.

I think the statistics lie a little bit when electrics are concerned. There are a ton of gas cars that are registered that may not be actively driven. But those who have electric cars are using them as their daily drivers and so they're simply more visible than the statistics may indicate.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology