Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

"Fast Crash" vs. "Slow Crash"?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: "Fast Crash" vs. "Slow Crash"?

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 12:03:39

shortonoil wrote:
Wow Shorty ran away from his wager. I guess he really couldn't come up with the dough.

The ravings of the mind of a demented child; with nothing meaningful to say, and with nothing worth listening too.

So this is the new cool way to welsh on a bet? Call the person who won the bet or anyone who watched the bet be made names in the hopes of distracting from the obvious..the loser didn't know what they were talking about?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 12:58:35

AdamB wrote:
shortonoil wrote:
Wow Shorty ran away from his wager. I guess he really couldn't come up with the dough.

The ravings of the mind of a demented child; with nothing meaningful to say, and with nothing worth listening too.

So this is the new cool way to welsh on a bet? Call the person who won the bet or anyone who watched the bet be made names in the hopes of distracting from the obvious..the loser didn't know what they were talking about?

That's his MO, generally. Post nonsense. Be shown wrong re the facts and credible citations by rational people.

Then he responds by acting like a 5 year old and empty name-calling.

At least he's quite consistent, re being wrong, being unable or unwilling to correct any of his obvious errors, and acting like a small frustrated child. So there's that. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 29 Nov 2019, 13:12:03

shortonoil wrote:When a species can no longer find the wherefore all to care about the future of its offspring, it is a species heading for extinction.

Except that, of course, the term he's looking for is "wherewithal". (When I google "wherefor all" and "whereforall" I get wherewithal. When I google "wherefore all", I get wherefore, which is pointed out as mostly archaic, and points out that "whys and wherefores" is occasionally used by authors -- but to mean underlying causes, NOT the means to afford.

But who needs reality? He has his self-annointed giant brain and alternate facts. For decades on end. Not correct conclusions or predictions, of course. :idea:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion