Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Let's Discuss Peak Oil For A Change

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Let's Discuss Peak Oil For A Change

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Dec 2022, 15:49:45

ROCKMAN wrote:Adam - I suspect you understand the problem he, and others, had was that the timing of PO depended on much more than the amount of oil left to be drilled. The demand from the global economy being one big reason for instance.

Oh...Rock...I suspect I understand far more about peak oil than I am willing to discuss around here. I have found that the nuance within the peak oil claims, models, claimants, and fields of science reaching through 3, yes 3 centuries now, is rarely appreciated. Folks tend to be familiar with their topic of interest within the overarching subject, and get tangled up quickly when you broaden the topic outside their scope, or narrow it to that nuance that negates perhaps their entire perspective. I have learned that the beauty and power of a multidisciplinary approach can do that. In any case, I will find the topic interesting until the day I die, and one day the fully integrated scientific understanding of it might come in handy all over again.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tuike » Sun 22 Jan 2023, 14:12:57

If there aren't much new posts to read in the forum, there is a nice peak oil Youtube video linked to front page.
https://peakoil.com/geology/peak-oil-th ... adjustment
Tuike
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 22 Jan 2023, 14:51:18

Tuike wrote:If there aren't much new posts to read in the forum, there is a nice peak oil Youtube video linked to front page.
https://peakoil.com/geology/peak-oil-th ... adjustment

A history major turned petroleum geologist who is famously known for claiming, on video and the steps of the Forrestal Building housing DOE back around 2011, that there is "no significant oil" in US shales, might be a "nice" video, but bugs bunny was nice as well, and would appear to be as well educated as Art on the subject.

whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 27 Jan 2023, 04:06:06

It's just a game

The Bright Green Future

theluckycountry
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 29 Jan 2023, 11:45:06

Peak Oil The Hedonic Adjustment

Arthur Berman: "Peak Oil - The Hedonic Adjustment" Episode 54 January 18, 2023 (Conversation recorded on January 2nd, 2022) Show Summary On this episode, petroleum geologist Arthur Berman returns to unpack the development and drawbacks of ‘peak oil’.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion