Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Warming / Climate Change is Hoax pt 10

Re: Global Warming / Climate Change is Hoax pt 10

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 15 Jan 2023, 23:38:22

vtsnowedin wrote:In the USA floating nuclear power plants are called aircraft carriers.

The USN is good, they can even SINK their nuclear power plants, and they'll keep working!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Mon 16 Jan 2023, 02:03:03

A nuclear submarine submerging is not sinking just getting ready to wack some miscreants butt. Or did you mean something else?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 17 Jan 2023, 15:02:22

vtsnowedin wrote:A nuclear submarine submerging is not sinking just getting ready to wack some miscreants butt. Or did you mean something else?

<GASP> A nuclear submarine doesn't sink! I thought they specialized in it! Submerging, sinking, potato potatoe, etc etc. :)
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 17 Jan 2023, 15:15:24

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:A nuclear submarine submerging is not sinking just getting ready to wack some miscreants butt. Or did you mean something else?

<GASP> A nuclear submarine doesn't sink! I thought they specialized in it! Submerging, sinking, potato potatoe, etc etc. :)

You will find the Navy really doesn't like the word sink applied to any of their vessels.
Funny though that when Ukraine sunk the Moscove they said they shot it down but that might be just Google translating from the Ukrainian.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 17 Jan 2023, 15:48:27

vtsnowedin wrote: You will find the Navy really doesn't like the word sink applied to any of their vessels.

And I don't like the word "unconventional" being used when discussing continuous resources. But amateurs don't know the difference and do it anyway because they can't be bothered to learn the terminology, so I reserve the right to do the same when it comes to Navy stuff. :)

vtsnowedin wrote: Funny though that when Ukraine sunk the Moscove they said they shot it down but that might be just Google translating from the Ukrainian.

I hadn't heard about that particular "hiccup", but it sounds plausible.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 17 Jan 2023, 19:02:40

AdamB wrote:And I don't like the word "unconventional" being used when discussing continuous resources. But amateurs don't know the difference and do it anyway because they can't be bothered to learn the terminology, so I reserve the right to do the same when it comes to Navy stuff. :)

I have no idea about what drivel you are talking about here.
Last edited by Tanada on Tue 17 Jan 2023, 22:30:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 17 Jan 2023, 22:36:22

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:And I don't like the word "unconventional" being used when discussing continuous resources. But amateurs don't know the difference and do it anyway because they can't be bothered to learn the terminology, so I reserve the right to do the same when it comes to Navy stuff. :)

I have no idea about what drivel you are talking about here.

Of course you don't. It doesn't enter into your life in any way. Any more than the word the Navy would prefer we use about their ships that they built to sink on purpose!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 18 Jan 2023, 00:19:00

vtsnowedin wrote: I have no idea about what drivel you are talking about here.

I came to that conclusion about a year ago. Or was it two? Time flies when you're having fun :)
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 18 Jan 2023, 00:25:44

theluckycountry wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote: I have no idea about what drivel you are talking about here.

I came to that conclusion about a year ago.

Yeah, but you are the citizen in a country specializing in raising serfs for the Chinese mining operation, there is no expectation you understand...well...anything really. I mean, you people you people can't even build a lousy ferris wheel!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate