Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 24

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 24

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 08 Sep 2022, 12:12:42

Consider that is the government pay scale system and includes top of the line health care and generous leave and retirement systems. They can both" support me in the manner I have become accustomed to." :)
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 08 Sep 2022, 18:33:33

vtsnowedin wrote:Consider that is the government pay scale system and includes top of the line health care and generous leave and retirement systems. They can both" support me in the manner I have become accustomed to." :)

Wish I could say that about my kids. Although the daughter has recently taken great interest in where we retire so we can buy a family compound of some sort.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 08 Sep 2022, 19:27:09

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:Consider that is the government pay scale system and includes top of the line health care and generous leave and retirement systems. They can both" support me in the manner I have become accustomed to." :)

Wish I could say that about my kids. Although the daughter has recently taken great interest in where we retire so we can buy a family compound of some sort.

One must always consider that your children will decide when and where to send you to the nursing home. Best to keep on the good side of the one with the most power.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 13 Sep 2022, 16:44:14

Well we seem to have a good start at a stock market crash today with the indexes all down between 3.9 and 5.2%. And yes I'm down 4% for the day as I am diversified enough to follow the market.
I'm still beating Cathy Woods today as she went down 6.8% so I have that small consultation.
Inflation numbers are being blamed for the drop but I am surprised that so many were that surprised. :roll:
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 13 Sep 2022, 19:52:06

vtsnowedin wrote:Well we seem to have a good start at a stock market crash today with the indexes all down between 3.9 and 5.2%. And yes I'm down 4% for the day as I am diversified enough to follow the market.
I'm still beating Cathy Woods today as she went down 6.8% so I have that small consultation.
Inflation numbers are being blamed for the drop but I am surprised that so many were that surprised. :roll:

FINALLY!!!!! You would think in Part 24 of the STOCK MARKET CRASH thread we would finally have....at least a bad day!!

Did the S&P make it down into the low 3000 range? Because if it did, then I'M IN!!!!!

whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 13 Sep 2022, 19:52:45

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:

One must always consider that your children will decide when and where to send you to the nursing home. Best to keep on the good side of the one with the most power.

Topic of thought here with the Wife.
Damn!! LOL
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 04:37:08

AdamB wrote:Did the S&P make it down into the low 3000 range? Because if it did, then I'M IN!!!!!

Not yet but it is below 4000.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 10:06:06

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:Did the S&P make it down into the low 3000 range? Because if it did, then I'M IN!!!!!

Well, I know I had been lollygagging about sending some cash into the market the last time it looked like it was approaching even a minor market correction, and then didn't do it. I am limited in the number of times per quarter I can move funds around, and would hate to move some too early and not catch the REAL correction.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 15:13:28

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:

Well, I know I had been lollygagging about sending some cash into the market the last time it looked like it was approaching even a minor market correction, and then didn't do it. I am limited in the number of times per quarter I can move funds around, and would hate to move some too early and not catch the REAL correction.

Some pundits with decent track records are predicting it to go down and then stay down or flat for a couple of years. ( the time Biden will remain in office). If that plays out you will not have to hit the exact bottom but have plenty of time to pick your future superstars before the upturn finally happens. Back in the 70s it lasted ten years. Check the charts from 1974 to 1984.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 17:38:27

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:Well, I know I had been lollygagging about sending some cash into the market the last time it looked like it was approaching even a minor market correction, and then didn't do it. I am limited in the number of times per quarter I can move funds around, and would hate to move some too early and not catch the REAL correction.

Some pundits with decent track records are predicting it to go down and then stay down or flat for a couple of years. ( the time Biden will remain in office). If that plays out you will not have to hit the exact bottom but have plenty of time to pick your future superstars before the upturn finally happens. Back in the 70s it lasted ten years. Check the charts from 1974 to 1984.

I don't pick stocks, as I've said previously. i just move money from a "doesn't move with the market" account to a "move with the market" one. I didn't invest a dime back in the time frame you mention. Life on the hobby farm back then didn't involve having cash in one's pocket, let alone surplus to invest.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 14 Sep 2022, 18:00:51

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:Well, I know I had been lollygagging about sending some cash into the market the last time it looked like it was approaching even a minor market correction, and then didn't do it. I am limited in the number of times per quarter I can move funds around, and would hate to move some too early and not catch the REAL correction.

I don't pick stocks, as I've said previously. i just move money from a "doesn't move with the market" account to a "move with the market" one. I didn't invest a dime back in the time frame you mention. Life on the hobby farm back then didn't involve having cash in one's pocket, let alone surplus to invest.
I am just noting a historical president. At that time I was young, married and having children on a government salary. No excess money to invest there after the state skimmed off six percent for their retirement system. But that six percent has paid off very well for me so I have no complaint.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Thu 15 Sep 2022, 04:53:11

Some things in my portfolio are cheap. Some things are in a bull market. My lithium stocks are doing really well. My solar stocks are doing really well. My industrial automation stocks are lagging.

Electrical infrastructure is also lagging, though it has less reason. The companies I own that have to do with electrical infrastructure keep beating earnings by huge margins. Some of them, like Encore Wire (WIRE), have been doing that for a while, and are still getting beaten up. Their P/E's keep falling. Some of that can be future expectations, but I chalk that up to how much people can doubt.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 15 Sep 2022, 10:54:16

We are looking at a lot of bearish indicators so I decided to not buy anything yesterday which would have been one of my two monthly buy dates. I'm thinking I can buy the same stock cheaper in the future. Also I have some things to do around the house and yard in the line of maintenance that will be a good use of the money.
Out of 33 stocks and index funds I'm still positive on 15 of them but they are all down from their November peak.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 09:07:26

One more .75 rate hike. Then pause. The economy will be in full blown meltdown that’s worse than 2008 in the final few months of 2022. Then they’ll start cutting in 2023.

So predictable
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 09:27:29

Armageddon wrote:One more .75 rate hike. Then pause. The economy will be in full blown meltdown that’s worse than 2008 in the final few months of 2022. Then they’ll start cutting in 2023.

So predictable

I doubt there will be a pause looking at yesterday's inflation figures. But yes they will probably get into cycle where they cut rates fighting recession then raise rates to fight inflation rinse and repeat.
Things won't improve under present management and it will take a couple of years of better management to clean up the mess.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:11:41

Armageddon wrote:One more .75 rate hike. Then pause. The economy will be in full blown meltdown that’s worse than 2008 in the final few months of 2022. Then they’ll start cutting in 2023.

So predictable

Just like Alex Jones being sued for being a scumbag liar. Did you learn the craft of spewing silly swill from him, being your hero and all? Wasn't he the one who gave you the clue to declare that the US would institute the draft back in 2006? You sure called that one!!!! :lol: :lol:

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby randomguyonabike » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 14:17:00

So predictable

Dow is down 325 points right now. Broke 31,000 today.

Headed down.

Bitcoin 19,425. Headed down.

They are orchestrating the collapse.

More hikes equal more pain.

MOVE Index is 125. Credit markets are tight.

10 year treasury is 3.444% LOL........20yr is at 3.759.....30yr at 3.476......yep buy this BS debt.

The FED will have to reverse course sometime later if they want to avoid a deflationary collapse.

By then, they will be injecting TRILLIONS on a MONTHLY BASIS.

The clowns here don't see the collapse coming.
randomguyonabike
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 14:52:31

randomguyonabike wrote:

So predictable

Dow is down 325 points right now. Broke 31,000 today.

Headed down.

Bitcoin 19,425. Headed down.

They are orchestrating the collapse.

More hikes equal more pain.

MOVE Index is 125. Credit markets are tight.

10 year treasury is 3.444% LOL........20yr is at 3.759.....30yr at 3.476......yep buy this BS debt.

The FED will have to reverse course sometime later if they want to avoid a deflationary collapse.

By then, they will be injecting TRILLIONS on a MONTHLY BASIS.

The clowns here don't see the collapse coming.

Yup
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 17:46:33

Armageddon wrote:Yup

This is a riot, now we've got the alex jones groupie who predicted the American draft starting up in 2006 who married WAY above his station in terms of brains cheering on the banana bender living in a Chinese mining colony, the two of them pretending...that they KNOW stuff. Image

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 16 Sep 2022, 18:27:12

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Yup

This is a riot, now we've got the alex jones groupie who predicted the American draft starting up in 2006 who married WAY above his station in terms of brains cheering on the banana bender living in a Chinese mining colony, the two of them pretending...that they KNOW stuff. Image

It kills you that my wife inherited millions, doesn’t it? It must suck being you. For me, million dollar house, million dollar condo in Naples, 150 acre farm with a 10 acre lake full of bass and a barn full of atvs. Life is good.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance