Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 12

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 12

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 02 Aug 2022, 16:48:49

vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Professionally trained, honed to a razors edge across decades, proven in both practical industry applications and scientific publications, objectivity. :)

If you had to pay for that training you got robbed. 8)

Not a penny. Started off similar to you maybe, did you have schooling and college in managing paving operations and whatnot, or was it a more dedicated learning thing? I've learned both ways myself, and there tends to be a difference among folks who only did one or the other. Not a bad difference, just a difference. I think your comments on engineers are appropriate for those without the experience gained in the doing of a thing. Those with primarily experience just operate differently than those with primarily education. The best probably are those with plenty of both.

Doly might have been born and raised a polymath, but not me. I had to earn it.
What does a science denier look like?

Armageddon » Thu 09 Feb 2006, 10:47:28
whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 02 Aug 2022, 18:09:00

Whatever!!
I see your arrogance about your presumed intellectual superiority as proof that you live in a world of delusion.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 02 Aug 2022, 20:00:05

AdamB wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:Latest report in Australia saying EV cars are still a rich mans sport and will remain that way for the next few years as luxury brands electrify and cheaper brands still remain out of reach because they arent cheaper than the ICE alternatives.

Australians can't build an ICE car, it isn't a surprise they might not even be smart enough to know how to plug an EV in, let alone DRIVE it.

Australia did build ICEs and Hybrids until recently.
Then politics,globalisation and free market ideology got in the way of the car industry

I suggest a little fact checkng and relevance before posting
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/her ... lia-256901

The problem is the cost of new EV keep them out of the reach of the average punter and there isnt enough second hand stock to compete with second hand ICEs
Plenty of high priced options though Audi Merc Tesla etc
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 02 Aug 2022, 22:42:24

vtsnowedin wrote:Whatever!!
I see your arrogance about your presumed intellectual superiority as proof that you live in a world of delusion.

Of course you would. It is just so...you! :) Down with facts and logic and science and edge-e-cations....give me Confederate battle flags storming the Capitol and fine upstanding normal folk carrying them demanding justice!!

'MURIKA!!

whales are a perfect example as to why evolution is wrong. Nothing can evolve into something that enormous. There is no explanation for it getting that big. end of discussion
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 02 Aug 2022, 22:49:08

Shaved Monkey wrote:Australia did build ICEs and Hybrids until recently.
Then politics,globalisation and free market ideology got in the way of the car industry

My reference was just using the top 10 car brands and purchases in Australia, which turned out to be American with an occasional japanese or european one.

And since our local banana bender didn't deny it, I figured it must have been proof enough.

ShavedMonkey wrote:
I suggest a little fact checkng and relevance before posting
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/her ... lia-256901

When McPeaksters can be bothered to fact check everything they write, then so will I.

ShavedMonkey wrote:The problem is the cost of new EV keep them out of the reach of the average punter and there isnt enough second hand stock to compete with second hand ICEs
Plenty of high priced options though Audi Merc Tesla etc

In the Chinese mining colony, or here in 'MURIKA!? I bought mine used and quite cheap.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 04:28:50

MURIKA!!
My new favorite T shirt reads "Americans, We will cross a frozen river to kill you in your sleep on Christmas. Not kidding we have done it before."
8)
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 12:33:43

vtsnowedin wrote:MURIKA!!
My new favorite T shirt reads "Americans, We will cross a frozen river to kill you in your sleep on Christmas. Not kidding we have done it before."
8)

Tshirt memes!

That really is a good one. Did you find it local or online? I usually avoid semi-political tshirts of folks trying to rebrand themselves as folks who really weren't fighting for white male property owning slaveholders, but that is really "old" America. Sure we were a slave country for maybe a century and an apartheid one for better part of another, but the folks still reminiscing about the good ol' days have begun drawing off of a different historical example.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 12:48:41

I'm disappointed that the chinese didn't shoot down the witch bitch pelosi.
If you can't even count on the chinese anymore to do the right thing, what CAN you count on?
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 13:36:55

mousepad wrote:I'm disappointed that the chinese didn't shoot down the witch bitch pelosi.
If you can't even count on the chinese anymore to do the right thing, what CAN you count on?

Reading the Republicrat chat rooms, there appears to be some indication that they think sleepy joe has only been pretending to be sleepy, and being creative by mentioning over a woke breakfast (gluten, sugar, animal and fish free) one morning that it would showcase her leadership skills if she went.

And then hope that the Chinese would take the bait, take out another 3 generations back competitor for the 2024 nomination, and he could do the usual American thing to China. You know, bring them FREEDOM!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby kublikhan » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 17:44:38

MURIKA!!
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 18:10:42

kublikhan wrote:
MURIKA!!

Another good one!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 03 Aug 2022, 19:12:55

My now second best T shirt reads " I have had my patience tested. I am negative!!"
I am not out and about enough for a lot of people to see and react to what I am wearing but that one got a good laugh from a lady at the beach while we were playing with the nieces and nephews last summer. This last one is perhaps too long and no one has bothered to read it to the end and react to the point put forward.
I expect it is not worth going into a crowed situation just to get some reactions for or against.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Doly » Thu 04 Aug 2022, 14:41:56

Being a polymath is a matter of inclination more than raising, I think. I wasn't the only child raised by my parents, but I was the only generalist.
Doly
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 04 Aug 2022, 16:22:20

Another day and another EV battery fire.

This time its the EV battery on a scooter.......it spontaneously burst into flames while being charged inside a NYC apartment, starting fire that killed a five year old child and a 36 year old woman

fire-blamed-on-e-scooter-battery-kills-woman-5-year-old

Ohmigosh........now people are dying from these killer Li-batteries.......please please please be careful out there......

Do you know where your Killer Li-batteries have been.......

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby C8 » Thu 04 Aug 2022, 21:24:42

Plantagenet wrote:Another day and another EV battery fire.

This time its the EV battery on a scooter.......it spontaneously burst into flames while being charged inside a NYC apartment, starting fire that killed a five year old child and a 36 year old woman

fire-blamed-on-e-scooter-battery-kills-woman-5-year-old

Ohmigosh........now people are dying from these killer Li-batteries.......please please please be careful out there......

Do you know where your Killer Li-batteries have been.......

Cheers!

I read that many insurers won't cover a house or indoor parking area that has EV's b/c of the fire hazard. Another big problem is that many apartments have mass parking lots so it will be impossible to charge the cars. 39.7 million Americans live in apartments and many who live in houses have to park a distance from their home. https://getflex.com/blog/apartment-statistics/
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 09:54:00

The first semi-clear minded article on Climate Change adaption I have read in a while.

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/article ... 46184.html
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 11:17:43

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Professionally trained, honed to a razors edge across decades, proven in both practical industry applications and scientific publications, objectivity. :)

If you had to pay for that training you got robbed. 8)

Not a penny. Started off similar to you maybe, did you have schooling and college in managing paving operations and whatnot, or was it a more dedicated learning thing? I've learned both ways myself, and there tends to be a difference among folks who only did one or the other. Not a bad difference, just a difference. I think your comments on engineers are appropriate for those without the experience gained in the doing of a thing. Those with primarily experience just operate differently than those with primarily education. The best probably are those with plenty of both.

I paid for my own secondary education. I did it on the cheap, I got some college credit for work experience, some by taking a challenge test, but most through courses. Part time, night school, I graduated at 39.

The most useful education Ingot was in the UACG AT-A school, if you washed out (over half) you were sent on remote duty for a year rotation. Back then that meant someplace, usually a Loran A station, that got one C-130 supply flight a month or so. Lots of incentive to study hard.

Once out I started working for Amtrak as a grunt doing line work. Moved from maintenance into contracting then to consulting which kinda morphed back into construction estimating and bidding. Got my PE (Electrical) at 49.

Some of the stupidest DF’s I have ever met were PEs.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 19:33:07

C8 wrote:I read that many insurers won't cover a house or indoor parking area that has EV's b/c of the fire hazard.

Really? I just called my agent to make sure that if either of mine burst into flames in the garage while charging I was covered by my normal, had it for decades, policy. i read that peak oil happenedin 2005 and we were all gonna die because of it. And that was in scientific journals and from PhD's, not the kind of chowder heads you find on web forums.

You do realize that Plant claims to be an EV owner, and won't for a nano-second explain why? All that whining, but a happy purchaser without a single complaint to date. Not suspicious though, it is one of the tells for trolls.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 19:43:13

Newfie wrote:The first semi-clear minded article on Climate Change adaption I have read in a while.

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/article ... 46184.html

Thats a really great climate change article, NEWFIE.

Of course the "greenwashing" of bogus climate change solutions doesn't start with Biden and Manchin and the oversold virtues of EVs.

I think the tipping point was Obama's Paris Climate Accords, where decades of work by the UN to craft a treaty to require reductions in Global Greenhouse gas emissions was abandoned in favor of Obama's idiotic idea of having a treaty that sets a (fake) limit on temperature increases instead.....

I doubt we'll ever get the UN treaty process back on track now......and that means we'll never rein in global greenhouse emissions from countries like China and India........and that means the die is cast and we're all stuck on a path that leads to greenhouse earth and climate disaster.

SHEESH!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 05 Aug 2022, 20:49:32

Can I get one point across?
If China and India are not doing the same thing we are doing to reduce emissions then all we might do is a total waste of time and our money letting China defeat us in the economic theater.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology