Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Yellen Says Fed Can Bring Down Inflation Without Recession

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Yellen Says Fed Can Bring Down Inflation Without Recession

Unread postby BrianC » Thu 12 May 2022, 16:24:09

Yellen Says Fed Can Bring Down Inflation Without Causing Recession (yahoo.com) 72
Posted by msmash on Thursday May 12, 2022 @11:06AM from the how-about-that dept.
U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said that she believes the Federal Reserve can bring down inflation without causing a recession because of a strong U.S. job market and household balance sheets, low debt costs and a strong banking sector. From a report:
Yellen told a U.S. House of Representatives Financial Services Committee hearing on Thursday that "all of those things suggest that the Fed has a path to bring down inflation without causing a recession, and I know it will be their objective to try to accomplish that."
https://news.slashdot.org/story/22/05/1 ... -recession
BrianC
Peat
Peat

Re: Yellen Says Fed Can Bring Down Inflation Without Recessi

Unread postby MonteQuest » Tue 17 May 2022, 08:48:12

Inflation is a global issue and the US can no more solve it than they can solve global climate change. World central banks printed $27.6 trillion in counterfeit money and injected it into the world economy to keep the house of cards from collapsing. Who is going to buy this debt from the banks to rein in inflation?? Former Fed chair, Ben Bernanke, sees ‘stagflation’ ahead.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Return to Economics & Finance