Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bitcoin & crypto?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Bitcoin & crypto?

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 20:41:24

Gabriele Boehm wrote:... I am trying to invest in bitcoin..... I'm more of a gambler and so far I like it. Some of my friends... choose to gamble online. I tried that too , not bad, but not as reliable.

Good post, Gabriele :)

I think you've identified an important aspect of cryptocurrencies.

I think for people who understand Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies ---- like Careinke for instance ------ buying Bitcoin etc. is an investment.

But for me and for people like me who don't really understand what is going on with cryptocurrencies buying a cryptocurrency seems very similar to gambling.

I gots my money down on the doggy-coin!

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 21:56:11

Plantagenet wrote:
Gabriele Boehm wrote:... I am trying to invest in bitcoin..... I'm more of a gambler and so far I like it. Some of my friends... choose to gamble online. I tried that too , not bad, but not as reliable.

I think for people who understand Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies ---- like Careinke for instance ------ buying Bitcoin etc. is an investment.

But for me and for people like me who don't really understand what is going on with cryptocurrencies buying a cryptocurrency seems very similar to gambling.

Cheers!

It’s definitely gambling. I’m looking for ones that are pretty early and have communities already established and buying in before the masses pump it. These things seem to pump, then dump. You have to know when to dump. But man, they can go up like 100x easily in days.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 22:00:18

I look at all the crypto currencies as pure gambling and as far away from an' investment' as possible with the possible exception of buying large blocks of lottery tickets.
An investment should be made in a venture where real value exists and the potential for growth and future profits can be reasonably calculated and the risk factors known.
There are lots of good investment opportunities in corporate America along with a few stinkers that are being over hyped as usual.
But if you have money to burn and want to place a bet on the crypto of your choosing go right ahead, but I would not put my child's college fund into any of them.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 22:21:40

Plantagenet wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks for the compliment Plant. I've spent well over 10,000 hrs. exploring/researching cryptocurrencies. Maybe I need an "Expert" handle. LOL

A lot of gamblers, professional or otherwise, have crossed into WEB 3. They usually start with meme coins like Doge or Shib. The odds are better, and as long as you don't sell, you never lose everything. Of course betting on margin, you are probably certain to lose everything. But hey, each to his own.

As a side note, one of the biggest YouTube characters, Bit Boy, is currently playing in the world poker championships. He is like 15th place out of 670 players, (the tournament started with around 6,500 players). He says he will give away his winnings to his viewers.

The crypto verse likes gamblers to come into WEB3. Once you are in they end up learning more about crypto and start supporting it. This is why play to earn, and on line gambling will be huge in WEB 3.

Yes I invest in crypto currencies, and will continue to do so because it is the only thing out there beating the "real" inflation rate by the largest margin over the past decade, no mater what your definition of "real" is.

Crypto is being adopted faster than any other major technology including WEB1 (Think Modems), and WEB2 (what we have today). Remember the early battles for WEB2? Prodigy, Yahoo, Microsoft, Amazon, You tube, etc all battling it out, the crash in 2000, etc, etc. You ain't seen nothing yet. Lots of opportunities.

I'm also into crypto for moral reasons. I think separating money from the state, is just as important as separating religion from the state. Crypto has a very good chance of doing this, so I support it. In addition with smart contracts, immediate transparency, decentralized control, makes for an immutable safe currencies tailored to different markets. WEB3 will tie them all together.

No matter who wins the upcoming economic, AI, data protection, freedom of speech, privacy, etc, battles. I plan to have a front row seat.

PEACE
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 14 Nov 2021, 23:27:26

I doubled my money in Shib. Then I put in 10k in Saitama, and once it dumped last night, I traded all my Shib for it. I now have 300 billion Saitama’s. I think it explode once they announce the new Saitamask in 2 weeks. Plus, a few big exchanges are supposed to start carrying it.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 16 Nov 2021, 15:27:18

careinke wrote: They usually start with meme coins like Doge or Shib. The odds are better, and as long as you don't sell, you never lose everything.

PEACE

Yes, I still have my pets.com shares, and by not selling, have never lost a cent.
theluckycountry
Peat
Peat

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance