Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Happy Talk

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Happy Talk

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Oct 2021, 15:06:21

Made some progress moving out of the house this AM.

I have a spare marine diesel for my small boat I picked up for a song. It was stored in the basement but needed to come out to be moved to the storage trailer. At 550 pounds, with transmission, it is not the easiest thing to move around. But we tor it out. Tuesday I get an open UHaul trailer and we take it to the storage trailer. Not bad foe a couple of old codgers.
Image Image Image Image
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 31 Oct 2021, 16:28:17

The_Toecutter wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:Sounds great. But would a nice garter snake or python be THAT different re enjoying the pet? And without the potential big downside?

Certain species of rattlers are among the few snake species that actually seek out companionship and display some rudimentary simulacrum of empathy.

Interesting. And thanks for the links. I had no idea that was a thing.

Thanks for sharing. I'm always happy to learn new things from folks with actual credible links and data points, vs. ranting and raving.

This reminds me of the intelligence of crows, especially Caledonian crows, vs. the usual assumption of the term "bird brain". Intelligence comes from surprising sources.

And I suppose I'm a traitor, but given the raw material they have to work with vs. the results, I'm MUCH more impressed with Caledonian crows than I am with the typical science denying human, FWIW.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 31 Oct 2021, 17:11:19

We had an African Grey parrot.
Smart enough to get me in regular trouble.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion