Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Collapse probably won't happen Pt. 2

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Collapse probably won't happen Pt. 2

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 27 Sep 2021, 12:58:38

Newfie wrote:We naturally tend to think of collapse from our personal perspective. And most if not all of us here are from relatively large Westernized nations.

Here is another voice from small nations, island nations.

https://apnews.com/article/climate-chan ... 5f2a83b811

Sounds like the tyranny of geography. Don't they face the same issues as the westernized nations, just on a different time scale? And they have less resources and topography to apply to any adaption strategy in the first place.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Mon 27 Sep 2021, 16:46:14

Outcast_Searcher wrote:Why not just act like an adult and admit you were wrong, stop hurting your crediblity, and move on? :idea:

You're expecting too much from a door knob.
mousepad
Coal
Coal

Unread postby suxs » Sat 02 Oct 2021, 01:18:59

You're quite the slippery one, outcast. Let's stay on topic since you initiated this stupidity. You can't show me where I said or inferred methane is not a GHG for the simple reason it was never stated except in your adult imagination. This is what happens when you insert yourself into conversations that don't involve you. You imagine statements that never existed because it fits your pre-conceived narrative.
suxs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 11 Oct 2021, 15:46:55

suxs wrote:You're quite the slippery one, outcast. Let's stay on topic since you initiated this stupidity. You can't show me where I said or inferred methane is not a GHG for the simple reason it was never stated except in your adult imagination. This is what happens when you insert yourself into conversations that don't involve you. You imagine statements that never existed because it fits your pre-conceived narrative.

Yeah, given the thread above, I believe everything you say. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion