Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How Afghan false-flag plays into US "Great Harvest" end-game

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: How Afghan false-flag plays into US "Great Harvest" end-

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 25 Sep 2021, 10:45:34

Armageddon wrote:It's almost as if Covid is a confected global health scare, being used as cover to deliberately trash the economy, boost big Pharma profits, introduce a new central bank digital currency, UBI, a biosurveillance culture & #CCP-style social credit management.

Almost. When it comes to conspiracies, I often cite the Archer Daniels Midland attempt to corner the market on some grain. Nobody could keep quiet. Any conspiracy that involved actual collusion should produce a talker. It shouldn't just be that only those who've figured it out and are reporting it back to us are talking. I mean, if they were reporters, who is their source? True reporters don't do opinion pieces and call them journalism, is the standard I refer to. That is too much like presenting the world as they reason it to be, without actually going out and observing to see if what they reasoned was true.

Ah, but, then, there are those cases where it isn't a conspiracy we are talking about, but something like a collusion of memes or something. Because we are all the same inside, once you get far enough away from our individual differences, it is possible to sort of guess what the people seem to be up to. You don't seem to trust the masses not to turn against you any more than I do. I don't necessarily fear the beast, but I do respect it. I am always watching out for any sort of really seductive thing going around in the culture that could get the masses going like that, in some monotone way.

UBI is the primary example, for all of the bad things it could also do. Done correctly, it is man finally living at a new level. Done poorly, like we probably will, it could be the most infantalizing thing to happen to humanity ever. We do not need to be infantilized before that beast. That sort of thing I find truly horrifying. It would be a downward spiral into the sort of "equality" where everyone is forced to listen to whatever the voice says, but it is never your voice. It's not democracy, when you are left out like that.

Incidentally, this prompts me to think about our individual voices. Some of us don't test ourselves, you know. There is an equivalent to the sort of poor reporting I was talking about for memes. It has to do with a lack of self-examination, enough to get past adolescence. Many of us run around with flat earth mentalities, even though we should be well beyond that. In many ways, we don't want to grow up. But there is a basic question that always has to be answered, and this sort of thing has always been used to exclude so many participants that the social contract can be said not to have been constructed with a quorum present. That is the question of basic standing. We can't encourage a world where to have standing we make people pass some sort of IQ bar or otherwise pass some test. As much as we like to hate immigrants as well, that standard can't be one that disallows them. If it did, then some of the people already in will have to go too. Why should being born somewhere allow for not knowing anything about the place? Oh, and they get to ask the questions about the place. So, we need a broad definition for standing.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby suxs » Mon 11 Oct 2021, 07:07:57

vtsnoow provided a word salad of partisan politics without any supporting facts. The facts tell a different story in contrast to an opinion piece. Take energy as an example. Carter inherited an economy in deep trouble, primarily due to America’s dependence on Mideast oil. Carter initiated an aggressive campaign to make the US energy independent to avoid a repeat of the devastating energy crises just a few years earlier. He knew tough and unpopular policies were necessary, but that didn’t stop him from appointing Paul Volker head of the FED and doing what was right for the country. By the end of Carter’s term in office, the US had reduced the importation of oil from the Mideast by a staggering 1/3, which then set the stage for the revival of the economy and he prevented a reoccurrence of America being held hostage over oil. Unfortunately, Carter wasn’t in office to receive credit for breaking OPEC.

Reagan's first official act as president was to tear down the solar panels Carter had erected on the White House roof, claiming the government's function was to foster endless growth, not conservation. Yeah, that's a winning way to begin a term in office.

Regarding the hostages, you seem to have amnesia as it relates to the Reagan Administrations Arms for Hostages Scandal. Disgusting hypocrisy and criminal acts just to win an election- a prelude of what's to come.
suxs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 11 Oct 2021, 10:14:44

suxs wrote: Unfortunately, Carter wasn’t in office to receive credit for breaking OPEC.

That's because he didn't. Yamani did in 1986, when Saudi Arabia got tired of everyone overproducing at their expense, and decided one afternoon to give up and teach the cartel a lesson. March, 1986 if memory serves, for those of us in industry who felt like we had been gut shot when it came to company oil revenue.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby suxs » Tue 12 Oct 2021, 00:44:11

That's because he didn't. Yamani did in 1986, when Saudi Arabia got tired of everyone overproducing at their expense, and decided one afternoon to give up and teach the cartel a lesson. March, 1986 if memory serves

Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, your "memory does (not) serve" with a historic chart of crude oil prices. A review clearly demonstrates that the large and lasting decline in oil prices started in Carter's fourth year in office after the US successfully reduced its reliance on foreign oil by a staggering 1/3. 1986 simply reflected a continuation of the trend started by Carter's Project Independence oil policies. The price of crude had already declined by $68 a barrel by the start of 1986.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people misrepresent the truth for a cheap gotcha. I always avoided doing business with these sorts. Thank goodness I learned this lesson early in my career.
suxs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 12 Oct 2021, 09:26:12

suxs wrote:
That's because he didn't. Yamani did in 1986, when Saudi Arabia got tired of everyone overproducing at their expense, and decided one afternoon to give up and teach the cartel a lesson. March, 1986 if memory serves

Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, your "memory does (not) serve" with a historic chart of crude oil prices.

Sure it does. I am aware that prices had been drifting downward as OPEC fought with themselves, but WTI on Jan 2, 1986 the price was $25.56/bbl. On March 31 it hit $10.25.

I realize you might not have noticed that particular day, but those of us working in the patch at the time did. And it had nothing to do with Jackass Jimmy.

suxs wrote: The price of crude had already declined by $68 a barrel by the start of 1986.

Don't be a jackass, peak oilers already look bad enough by not knowing dick about the oil industry. It was impossible for the nominal price of oil to have fallen by $68 by the start of 1986 because the price of oil had never been that high in the history of the world to that point.

I can you stories over the conversations in the office the day it went to $10.25, were you even ALIVE on that day?

suxs wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how some people misrepresent the truth for a cheap gotcha.

Or can't think their way out of a wet paper bag by making up oil prices that never existed at any time in the 1980's, or any time period going back to 1859 before that. Data is your friend. But you've got to have a brain to use it.

suxs wrote:I always avoided doing business with these sorts. Thank goodness I learned this lesson early in my career.

Someone who can't think has a career? Flipping burgers perhaps?
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 12 Oct 2021, 18:53:55

When Jimmy Carter took office oil was at $13/barrel. Four years later it was at $40 when Reagan took over. Eight years later it had dropped back to $16/ bl.
That pretty much tells you the story.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance