Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Warming / Climate Change is Hoax pt 10

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 14:40:47

mustang19 wrote:
Newfie wrote:Mustang,

I don’t have a clue of what you are talking about.

I don’t see where your statements, wherever they come from, are tied to this discussion.

What is 30kg of CO2 per sq meter supposed to mean and who made that claim? What is the context?


It's obvious. Compare the amount of co2 to the insulation in a home.

Try talking like an adult, instead of an incoherent insect. Use specific facts, figures, credible citations, logic, etc. Or are you even CAPABLE of that?
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 9628
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42
Location: Central KY

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 17:15:08

https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... m%2F0d063v

I just want to add, global warming is declining in popularity. Keep clinging to your dying idea that peaked a few years ago and then people realized it requires co2 to be a ten times better insulator than fiberglass.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 17:59:04

What on Earth does popularity have to do with it?
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16240
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 04:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 18:51:44

Newfie wrote:What on Earth does popularity have to do with it?


And you asked me not to encourage the trolls. :)
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 18:55:13

Newfie wrote:What on Earth does popularity have to do with it?


Because the only reason you could possibly pretend co2 is a 100x greater insulator than it is in real life is libs. So you're clinging to this dying belief that you still for whatever reason think is popular.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 20 Jul 2021, 20:02:41

mustang19 wrote:https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US-CA-807&q=%2Fm%2F0d063v

I just want to add, global warming is declining in popularity. Keep clinging to your dying idea that peaked a few years ago and then people realized it requires co2 to be a ten times better insulator than fiberglass.


You are hilarious! Also, I have always disagreed with most humans on most issues, and I am proud of it when I see what humans are doing to our planet. Only rarely do I agree with the majority, and I like digging on those issues deeper when I do since most humans are incredibly stupid and ignorant, IMO, and agreeing with most of them on anything makes me wonder if I'm wrong.
"Only Americans can hurt America." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Free Meng Wanzhou! Tulsi Gabbard 2024!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:06:32

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Wed 21 Jul 2021, 10:08:03

Pops wrote:
mustang19 wrote:I just want to add, global warming is declining in popularity. Keep clinging to your dying idea that peaked a few years ago and then people realized it requires co2 to be a ten times better insulator than fiberglass.

Fiberglass and co2 are not the same in any sense. It's like comparing a greenhouse to the side of a refrigerator. It is a null argument

Fiberglass insulation blocks heat movement, regardless of direction. It traps air in spaces too small to allow convection. If the atmosphere were fiberglass we would never have existed.

CO2 instead acts as a gate, it is transparent to visible and UV light so sunlight passes by heating the earth's surface. The earth then reradiates some of that heat in infrared wavelengths. CO2 is opaque to IR so absorbs that energy. It then reradiates some back to earth. Most gases like oxygen and nitrogen aren't selective in this way. Fiberglass isn't at all.

In just the right concentration CO2 keeps the earth warm enough for liquid water, without it we wouldn't be. But with too much we are dogs left in the car to cook under the sun.

Regardless, this isn't a thread about whether GW is popular or even valid so take that bs elsewhere.

.


Which simply makes your argument more absurd, if co2 is 100x better than real life you can't possibly believe that.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Wed 21 Jul 2021, 16:27:10

I guess that's it?
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 21 Jul 2021, 20:37:41

mustang19 wrote:
Newfie wrote:What on Earth does popularity have to do with it?


Because the only reason you could possibly pretend co2 is a 100x greater insulator than it is in real life is libs. So you're clinging to this dying belief that you still for whatever reason think is popular.


Exceptional claims require exceptional proof.

So far you have nothing that commands attention.
User avatar
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16240
Joined: Thu 15 Nov 2007, 04:00:00
Location: Between Canada and Carribean

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Wed 21 Jul 2021, 20:59:01

Newfie wrote:
mustang19 wrote:
Newfie wrote:What on Earth does popularity have to do with it?


Because the only reason you could possibly pretend co2 is a 100x greater insulator than it is in real life is libs. So you're clinging to this dying belief that you still for whatever reason think is popular.


Exceptional claims require exceptional proof.

So far you have nothing that commands attention.

https://physics.stackexchange.com/quest ... of-rm-co-2

Your filter argument means it's less effective and you refuted global warming. So you've refuted your own point and are basically incomprehensible. If you mean infrared causes more heat than visual light, that's wrong, IR is simply easier to generate.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 14:27:07

Pops wrote:
mustang19 wrote:I just want to add, global warming is declining in popularity. Keep clinging to your dying idea that peaked a few years ago and then people realized it requires co2 to be a ten times better insulator than fiberglass.

Fiberglass and co2 are not the same in any sense. It's like comparing a greenhouse to the side of a refrigerator. It is a null argument

Fiberglass insulation blocks heat movement, regardless of direction. It traps air in spaces too small to allow convection. If the atmosphere were fiberglass we would never have existed.

CO2 instead acts as a gate, it is transparent to visible and UV light so sunlight passes by heating the earth's surface. The earth then reradiates some of that heat in infrared wavelengths. CO2 is opaque to IR so absorbs that energy. It then reradiates some back to earth. Most gases like oxygen and nitrogen aren't selective in this way. Fiberglass isn't at all.

In just the right concentration CO2 keeps the earth warm enough for liquid water, without it we wouldn't be. But with too much we are dogs left in the car to cook under the sun.

Regardless, this isn't a thread about whether GW is popular or even valid so take that bs elsewhere.

.


That does nothing besides further limit the heat co2 traps. Really I'm arguing with a clown.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 15:22:05

mustang19 wrote:That does nothing besides further limit the heat co2 traps. Really I'm arguing with a clown.


As you appear to be arguing with your own strawman, I am forced to agree that yes, you are arguing with a clown.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 15:55:23

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:That does nothing besides further limit the heat co2 traps. Really I'm arguing with a clown.


As you appear to be arguing with your own strawman, I am forced to agree that yes, you are arguing with a clown.


It's a straw man because pops doesn't actually believe co2 is a 100x better insulator than fiberglass as global warming requires. Hence the argument is pointless.

Hopefully pops would invest in some of his renewables stocks and lose money.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 16:04:47

mustang19 wrote:It's a straw man because pops doesn't actually believe co2 is a 100x better insulator than fiberglass as global warming requires. Hence the argument is pointless.


It's a strawman because you make things up on behalf of others, and then argue for or against what you made up. While throwing some other nonsense in to distract from having said something stupid during the previous go round. It isn't even good trolling, it is so A) transparent and B) ignorant.

Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 16:22:44

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:It's a straw man because pops doesn't actually believe co2 is a 100x better insulator than fiberglass as global warming requires. Hence the argument is pointless.


It's a strawman because you make things up on behalf of others, and then argue for or against what you made up. While throwing some other nonsense in to distract from having said something stupid during the previous go round. It isn't even good trolling, it is so A) transparent and B) ignorant.

Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.


Sure, co2 is a poor insulator being a gas, nobody actually believes it works.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 16:38:13

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.


Sure, co2 is a poor insulator being a gas, nobody actually believes it works.


Yeah, that isn't trying harder.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 16:43:43

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.


Sure, co2 is a poor insulator being a gas, nobody actually believes it works.


Yeah, that isn't trying harder.


Global cooling is a legitimate problem. Here is my favorite graph on temperature being sunspots with a 40 year lag.
https://i.ibb.co/YjzHqkj/0052-AF1-C-DDA ... 8-F395.jpg

Data from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/ea ... es/sunspot

This will kill all liberals and be a worse problem than warming. Temperature will fall to 1880 levels in a few years.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 17:15:57

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.


Global cooling is a legitimate problem.


For folks who can't number graphs in order maybe. Or trolls. In this case, both rolled into one!
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby mustang19 » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 18:04:06

AdamB wrote:
mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:Try harder, you are giving trolls a bad name.


Global cooling is a legitimate problem.


For folks who can't number graphs in order maybe. Or trolls. In this case, both rolled into one!


Just as a example,

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Dim ... 021661/amp

![enter image description here](https://i.stack.imgur.com/lAm5r.png)

Even a few inches of insulation shrinks the incremental effect to nothing, and we're talking about miles of insulation. By this relation, the miles of gas in the atmosphere should be thousands or millions times less efficient than real life.

So if an inch of co2 insulation raises temperatures a few degrees, then if there are miles of it, a doubling of insulation should raise temperature ~1 millionth of a degree.

Why is co2 still able to matter despite the diminishing returns making it a million times less effective?

Anytime you quote a post it gets the Internet archive bots to work saving the page.
Last edited by mustang19 on Thu 22 Jul 2021, 18:18:37, edited 2 times in total.
mustang19
permanently banned
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 20:43:52

Re: Rystad: Not Enough Oil for >1.8º warming

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 22 Jul 2021, 18:12:25

mustang19 wrote:
AdamB wrote:For folks who can't number graphs in order maybe. Or trolls. In this case, both rolled into one!


Just as a example,


Don't need an example of others mis-numbering graphs, you provided a sufficient proof of your own incompetence in this regard already.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020

Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6608
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests