Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bitcoin & crypto?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Bitcoin & crypto?

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 01 Feb 2021, 20:37:28

careinke wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Get your physical silver while you can. Major physical silver shortages coming. 300 million OZ deficit currently. Personal investment through the roof. Global green agenda starting which requires massive silver. This wont end well. $100 silver on the horizon

Tomorrow should be fun. WallStreetBets is scheduled to start buying physical silver. Evidently there is more "Paper Silver" than actually exists. :)

Yeah. Just like "evidently" 911 Truthers are right, man never landed on the moon, Covid-19 is just a conspiracy, the earth is flat, etc. :roll:

But always follow people who blabber nonsense for 15+ years and have a track record of roughly zero over time, re good calls. What could possibly go wrong? 8)
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Feb 2021, 20:45:27

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Get your physical silver while you can. Major physical silver shortages coming. 300 million OZ deficit currently. Personal investment through the roof. Global green agenda starting which requires massive silver. This wont end well. $100 silver on the horizon

Tomorrow should be fun. WallStreetBets is scheduled to start buying physical silver. Evidently there is more "Paper Silver" than actually exists. :)

Yeah. Just like "evidently" 911 Truthers are right, man never landed on the moon, Covid-19 is just a conspiracy, the earth is flat, etc. :roll:

But always follow people who blabber nonsense for 15+ years and have a track record of roughly zero over time, re good calls. What could possibly go wrong? 8)

Or listen to a Fox/CNN sheep? Ok
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Tue 02 Feb 2021, 10:40:16

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:

Tell us where are the WMD that Saddam had? The entire government/media complex said they were there.....
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 02 Feb 2021, 18:16:36

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:

Tell us where are the WMD that Saddam had? The entire government/media complex said they were there.....

I’d rather him tell us how WTC7 fell at free fall speed from a few small office fires.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 02 Feb 2021, 20:07:41

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:

Are you already in a nuthouse? WHERE did I say ONE WORD about WMD's?

Your lunatic tendencies are showing through. Take some pills and try to focus on reality.

Oh, and if my pointing out that lunatic conspiracy theories aren't credible to the mainstream throws you off your trolley -- seek medical help.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Tue 02 Feb 2021, 23:02:02

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:

Your "argument" makes zero sense and is not even related. Are all your men straw? Next you will tell me that you can't naked short more stock shares than actually exist. :roll:

Perhaps next time you should do a little research before making wild accusations. You could start by checking out silver ETFs like SLV. ForEX also has a nice article on it.

https://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/paper-silver-vs-physical-silver-202102020930

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 03 Feb 2021, 20:32:59

careinke wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:

Your "argument" makes zero sense and is not even related. Are all your men straw? Next you will tell me that you can't naked short more stock shares than actually exist. :roll:

Perhaps next time you should do a little research before making wild accusations. You could start by checking out silver ETFs like SLV. ForEX also has a nice article on it.

https://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/paper-silver-vs-physical-silver-202102020930

Peace

So there isn't any physical silver in the world outside of ETF's like SLV? Like the many ounces I hold in various safe deposit boxes? Like all that is still in mines, or in the ground yet to be mined? Like all that sitting in many products from jewelry to electronics to coins to silverware (real silverware), and on and on?

But of course, if someone has an opinion one likes, then that MUST be the absolute truth, despite any other facts, data, possibilities, or lateral thinking, because "the internet" and "conspiracy theories".

If this epic disaster is so real, why does the market basically ignore it decade after decade? Kind of like the world ignores the kooks who claim Covid-19 is a conspiracy theory?

Well, I guess I hope that it goes to $1 million an oz due to this grave emergency. Then it will be well worth digging it out of my SDB's, selling my various coins with 90% silver, etc.

Or hell, I'll even go to the trouble for $1000 an oz. Be sure and let me know when that happens, since there is "no silver" to be had. :roll:

Where did it all disappear to, BTW? When the Hunts cornered the market, at some point lots of folks were bringing in silver objects to be sold and melted down for the silver they contained.

And if the price goes up many-fold, does that mean there will be less interest in increasing mining of it?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 03 Feb 2021, 21:09:19

So I take a few minutes and look at the "evidence" for a massive silver shortage and what do I see?

1). The story is propagated from outfits who sell gold and silver, so it is in their own interest to try to pump demand for it. :o

2). There certainly appears to be plenty of annual supply of physical silver. Like over a BILLION ounces.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... -Year.html

3). The case for this "problem" involves the typical conspiracy theory thinking. Like government silver "suppression". Like faked inflation data, the need for Shadowstats to get the "truth", yadda yadda. The usual crap from a certain crowd -- which reminds me of how we're supposed to have BIG TIME OIL DOOM every year, year in year out, and yet. Yeah, folks capable of rational thinking likely get the picture.

4). Look. Even if outfits like the SLV ETF blow up because they are net short physical silver, it's not like the world ends. Or anything actually HAPPENS to the global supply of silver. Or the silver in my possession, unless someone credible offers me enough to make me want to sell it. :idea: And clowns who want to be short lots of stuff CAN certainly get financially blown up, just like some hedge funds recently with GME stock.

There is a reason I'm never short ANY stock or call options. The term "unlimited potential loss" isn't worth having to worry about it. So I'm always hedged. But that's me -- I'm a worry wart. And I like being financially solvent. Call it a personality problem. :)

5). With the arm waving and implications re the pointer to the article that THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS, I expected more, honestly. My bad. I should know better.

6). Again, I'd been hearing this kind of thing year in, and year out, for several DECADES. Until shown otherwise, I still think that the collective intelligence of the silver market would figure things out if there were an actual PROBLEM. And if there were, just like oil, the way to get more silver would be higher prices.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 03 Feb 2021, 21:23:53

careinke wrote:Tomorrow should be fun. WallStreetBets is scheduled to start buying physical silver. Evidently there is more "Paper Silver" than actually exists. :)

So in the REAL world, how big was the silver "emergency" today, re your prediction, by implication?

Well, looks like as close to a NON-EVENT as I would expect in a volatile commodity.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes ... res-prices

And SLV looks down nearly two bucks from when there was a little excitement Monday on the news of the dreaded shorters' club. (Click on the 5 day link to see the prices for the past market week).

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SLV?p=SLV

So why am I not impressed that there is some big emergency, vs. the usual FUD from the usual suspects who collect and sell silver? :idea:
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby careinke » Sat 06 Feb 2021, 03:53:43

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
careinke wrote:Tomorrow should be fun. WallStreetBets is scheduled to start buying physical silver. Evidently there is more "Paper Silver" than actually exists. :)

So in the REAL world, how big was the silver "emergency" today, re your prediction, by implication?

Well, looks like as close to a NON-EVENT as I would expect in a volatile commodity.

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes ... res-prices

And SLV looks down nearly two bucks from when there was a little excitement Monday on the news of the dreaded shorters' club. (Click on the 5 day link to see the prices for the past market week).

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SLV?p=SLV

So why am I not impressed that there is some big emergency, vs. the usual FUD from the usual suspects who collect and sell silver? :idea:

Yes your read is pretty much what I saw. I'm thinking the silver market is huge, so the impact was low. On the crypto side, I expect a lot to be burned on Doge, but who knows. Doge was made as a fun coin that was supposed to stay really cheap, (you can mine your own with a laptop), it was used sort of like "Likes" on facebook, only you could add strength to your like by giving dogecoin. $.048 is a huge increase.

I think Dogecoin will be a great introduction to crypto and eventually expect more interest in more serious coins like bitcoin and ether, (which I'm guessing will outperform Bitcoin this year 8X vs 16X). Millennials are quicker to understand and accept Crypto than old white guys trying to build back better. :) But even they will eventually catch on.

I just finished watching Mike Saylor interview his friend Ross Stevens the founder and Executive Officer of the NY Digital Investment Group, which has been dealing exclusively in Bitcoin since 2015. It's an amazing interview, well worth watching.

Ross is a Bitcoin Maximalist, and has come to view everything through a bitcoin lens. His company is amazing successful in bringing businesses of all sizes into Bitcoin. They are currently able to add 75 accounts per month, avg size 7 Million.

In his interview he counters all of the common myths and ends with Bitcoin saving the world!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA_fI-wUqnw

I hope he is right!

PEACE
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Mon 08 Feb 2021, 19:09:03

MY prediction is that Bitcoin will hit $100,000 by the end of this year 2021.

Ethereum to hit $3000 by the end of this year 2021.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
permanently banned

Unread postby careinke » Mon 08 Feb 2021, 20:17:56

Nice day today! The exchanges are setting record volumes 60+ percent higher than the previous record. How Karmic this hits on my Birthday!

Puts me up 28% for the week, and 381% for the year.

Today, I'm looking into opening up a crypto self directed roth IRA. Fortunately I worked last year. So some of my crypto can grow tax free!!

Peace!
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 08 Feb 2021, 20:41:05

The M1 money supply increased 75% in 2020 and is continuing into 2021. All that money has to go somewhere. I saw this coming, that’s why I went ‘all in’ on silver late 2018 when it hit $14. No regrets. Sure, Bitcoin would have been even better, but i just dont trust it long term. Silver was up 50% in 2020 and should do the same in 2021. I think that’s the safer bet.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Mon 08 Feb 2021, 21:21:25

careinke wrote:Nice day today! The exchanges are setting record volumes 60+ percent higher than the previous record. How Karmic this hits on my Birthday!

Today, I'm looking into opening up a crypto self directed roth IRA. Fortunately I worked last year. So some of my crypto can grow tax free!!

Peace!

It's a roller coaster all right. Just remember how you felt when it corrected which is inversely proportional to the high you (and I) are experiencing today..... 2 steps forward 1 step back........ steady as she goes, ignore the swings and cash out without allowing greed to to make you hold on too long......
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 09 Feb 2021, 17:51:23

careinke wrote:Nice day today! The exchanges are setting record volumes 60+ percent higher than the previous record. How Karmic this hits on my Birthday!

Peace!

I don't get it. I certainly don't see the need for multiple exclamation points. If you believe in BTC and simply hold it and don't sell it -- it WILL grow tax free, unless they change the tax laws VERY significantly. And even with modern liberal politics, I don't think THAT'S happening without a very big fight, re a huge proortion of the rich who would object in a VERY serious way.

For example, ALL my Vanguard fund holdings outside my IRA's and 401-K's have been VERY tax efficient for multiple decades. My ENTIRE tax planning scheme, which cost me zero, has been NOT to trade such core holdings (as I'm not smart enough to reliably out-time the market anyway).
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 09 Feb 2021, 18:07:25

I wish everyone the best of luck on their Bitcoin and crypto trades.

However, absolutely everything you can invest in is going up right now. That probably means we are in a bubble.

Bitcoin, Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies are at record levels.....

Housing prices are at record levels.

Stocks are at record levels......hey I've got one stock that is up 700% in the last year.

So are we all suddenly geniuses?

Nope...we are in a bubble.

Everything is going up.

But what goes up can come down very very quickly.

So take some profits.

Buy your girlfriend something nice like a diamond bracelet (thats what I did) or buy yourself something you usually can't afford right now, while everything is going great.

Enjoy these good times while they last

Because sure as hell we're in a financial bubble right now.

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Tue 09 Feb 2021, 23:45:16

Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Peace!

I don't get it. Well let me see if I can help you out. I certainly don't see the need for multiple exclamation points. WOW! If that is your first objection, the rest should be easy. It was my B-Day and I was making lots of money. I was happy. I certainly saw no need NOT to use them. If you believe in BTC and simply hold it and don't sell it -- it WILL grow tax free, unless they change the tax laws VERY significantly.True, but not the point And even with modern liberal politics, I don't think THAT'S happening without a very big fight, re a huge proortion of the rich who would object in a VERY serious way. Also true, but not the point of my post)

The point of the post was: I worked last year, so I am eligible to put $7,000 in a Crypto trading Roth IRA. I can put another $7,000 into my wifes Crypto trading Roth IRA. We will be able to immediately draw out any amount with absolutely NO taxes. Roth IRA's are bought with after tax dollars, so any growth and your original investment is tax free. Plus I don't have to bother tracking my trades in the Roth IRA.

I used to trade in stocks, not like a day trader, but I did learn to use TA, and was not afraid of margin and Puts/Calls. The crypto markets having NO government regulations. works with TA even better than stock markets. So, now I can trade house money, and never have to worry about reporting it to anyone.

I "retired" at 49 and just turned 67, since then I have only worked twice (2010 and 2020 Census). I have no debts, and five separate passive income streams which cover my property taxes, medical insurance,and living income with a little left over. I'm comfortable with playing in Crypto.

For example, ALL my Vanguard fund holdings outside my IRA's and 401-K's have been VERY tax efficient for multiple decades. My ENTIRE tax planning scheme, which cost me zero, has been NOT to trade such core holdings (as I'm not smart enough to reliably out-time the market anyway).Which is the same thing I've been doing with Crypto, because trading was just to much of a pain in the ass figuring out the taxes, (now they have trackers for that). So with your buy and never sell method, how many shares of dead companies do you have cluttering up your various portfolio's??
careinke
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 04 Mar 2021, 11:14:32

https://markets.businessinsider.com/cur ... 1030149146

Tell me why anyone would take seriously the analysis of the CEO of one of the major exchanges where you can buy crypto when he states that Bitcoin is going to reach $1 million value within the next 10 years?

Talk about someone with his own self interest and bias?

I am still in, I am not selling, I have added a bit more, but somewhere in the short to mid term I will be on the exit ramp.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 18:04:40

Damn, Bitcoin and a few of the other Altcoins I have invested in have now reached the target prices when I told myself I would sell and I find myself hesitating..... what to do?
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 15 Apr 2021, 18:09:10

I still don't understand bitcoin. It seems like a stock to me, only they don't make anything other than to verify that you own some of it. Yep, tough decisions.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance