Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 19

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 22 Feb 2021, 14:28:24

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:The silver short squeeze

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets ... bvious_to/

This is a HUGE movement. That’s why there’s hardly any silver anywhere and it’s going global. Once the industrial’s small a shortage, they will buy up every available ounce on the markets. This is getting good.

Wow. Nice. Buy it all up.

Went onto APMEX today. The place is even more sold out than a few days ago.

I was able to buy gold but not what I wanted.

I noticed they are doing a lot of pre-sales where they state that items won't be in until March.

They have a disclaimer that processing will take 5-7 days on orders. This is the longest I have ever seen.

There’s a global movement trying to break the Comex.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 22 Feb 2021, 16:54:00

The Titanic is starting to take on water. How much longer can they keep this thing afloat? This is assuming the stimulus is passed and gets sent in the next 4-6 weeks. If not, I’m not sure this thing makes it to Summer. But, I’m sure it will get passed, along with much more later this year. What’s their choice?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Mon 22 Feb 2021, 17:57:31

Armageddon wrote:The Titanic is starting to take on water. How much longer can they keep this thing afloat? This is assuming the stimulus is passed and gets sent in the next 4-6 weeks. If not, I’m not sure this thing makes it to Summer. But, I’m sure it will get passed, along with much more later this year. What’s their choice?

Look at the Bond Market long end yields rising.....

What is the FED going to do? Raise rates? Yield Curve Control?

This will be the signal in which way it goes.

My perception is that they will note raise rates because they cannot service any of the debts and it'll cause a deflationary crisis.

Yield Curve Control will allow them to extend the System for a while longer but it will end in a hyperinflationary crisis.

Either way, this whole thing is screwed.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 22 Feb 2021, 18:42:12

Armageddon wrote:The Titanic is starting to take on water. How much longer can they keep this thing afloat? This is assuming the stimulus is passed and gets sent in the next 4-6 weeks. If not, I’m not sure this thing makes it to Summer. But, I’m sure it will get passed, along with much more later this year. What’s their choice?

My perception is that they will note raise rates because they cannot service any of the debts and it'll cause a deflationary crisis.

Yield Curve Control will allow them to extend the System for a while longer but it will end in a hyperinflationary crisis.

Raising rates would blow up the debt market and bring this entire thing down.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dolanbaker » Tue 23 Feb 2021, 06:55:49

Armageddon wrote:

Raising rates would blow up the debt market and bring this entire thing down.

Which is precisely why interest rates (on existing debt) will never be raised as everyone knows that the repayments will suck all the money out of the real economy. New debt may be treated differently.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Wed 24 Feb 2021, 12:27:27

10yr yield at 1.423

Get ready.
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 24 Feb 2021, 14:41:50

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:10yr yield at 1.423

Get ready.

OMG!!! It was 1.46 back in February 21, 2020, and the world ended then as well! Run for the hills! Remember when it was greater than 2%!!! The world was probably ending then as well!

Doomers are nothing if not predictable.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Wed 24 Feb 2021, 16:15:21

AdamB wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:10yr yield at 1.423

Get ready.

OMG!!! It was 1.46 back in February 21, 2020, and the world ended then as well! Run for the hills! Remember when it was greater than 2%!!! The world was probably ending then as well!

Doomers are nothing if not predictable.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/ ... 7269699585

THE FEDS SYSTEM THAT SENDS MONEY BACK AND FORTH IS DOWN!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

This thing is going down......just a matter of time.
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dolanbaker » Wed 24 Feb 2021, 16:34:18

Another prediction of hyperinflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3EU29IcFE0

Dr. Michael J. Burry, the hedge fund manager who profited hundreds of thousands of dollars betting on the crash of the U.S. housing market, and helped to inspire the book and the movie “The Big Short,” is now warning that America is about to face a Weimar-like hyperinflation. The investing legend, who runs Scion Asset Management, has disclosed to fear the effect of stimulus checks on the economy. Considering trillions more are about to be issued, “the US government is inviting inflation,” affirmed Burry. The investor also sounded the alarm on the stock market alerting that extreme speculation and debt would lead to an extreme crash. As his forecasts have been proven accurate, in this video we going to analyze Burry's latest insights on the U.S. economic collapse and the looming market crash.
In 1974, Jens O. Parsson published an excellent, in-depth historical analysis of the hyperinflationary crash of Weimar Germany under the command of the original money printer, Rudy von Havenstein, "Dying of Money: Lessons of the Great German and American Inflations," which is often remembered during critical times as a historical parallel to what can happen next. A couple of days ago, no one other than the Big Short, Michael Burry, has addressed the theme of Weimar Germany and particularly its hyperinflation in a lengthy tweetstorm, while using Parsson's seminal work as a basis for his argumentation, and affirming that the U.S. is now going down the same path.
Extensively quoting the book, Burry noted how inflation has recurred throughout history, how it usually arises after an economic boom and an increase in new fortunes, how it leads to higher social turbulence, higher living expenses, and widespread poverty. He compared Germany’s policy mistakes in the 1920s to the current U.S. economic trajectory. And although most monetary historians are very familiar with the details of this narrative, the fact the man who was made famous in the Big Short is calling for Weimar-style hyperinflation in the U.S. is particularly concerning.
In the summer of 1922, all the existent marks in the entire world together didn't have enough inherent worth to buy a single newspaper or a tram ticket until November of 1923. "That was the spectacular part of the collapse, but most of the real loss in money wealth had been suffered much earlier. Throughout these years the structure was quietly building itself up for the blow," the investor highlighted, saying that Germany's inflation cycle unfolded not for a year but for nine years, which represented "eight years of gestation and only one year of collapse". His punchline came as he recalled this analysis was written in 1974 in reference to what took place in 1914-1923, arguing that from 2010 to 2021, the U.S. was in the process of "Gestation".
On Thursday, Burry has said in a now-deleted tweet: “Prepare for inflation! Re-opening and stimulus on the way”. Moreover, the investor is credited with unknowingly helping to lit the spark that laid the groundwork for the GameStop short squeeze, as he invested in the video-game retailer in 2019 after coming to the conclusion that the stock was undervalued. But he couldn't have imagined his efforts would help to incite thousands of day traders on a Reddit forum, WallStreetBets, to coordinate a short squeeze and send GameStop shares up by as much as 2,500% in a matter of weeks.
But now that he's played a major role in both "The Big Short" and "The Big Squeeze," the investment community is watching closely to the investor's latest insights. However, in a recent statement to Bloomberg, Burry described the GameStop frenzy as “unnatural, insane, and dangerous” and sounded the alarm for a massive market bubble.
He highlighted that growing speculation and widespread betting with borrowed money have pushed the stock market to the brink of collapse. “The market is dancing on a knife's edge," Burry said. In another tweet, Burry alerted to a "massive spike" in the volume of bullish call options being traded. He included the hashtags #cautiontothewind​ and #blowofftop​ to underline his view that those types of wagers are shooting stocks to extreme levels.
Only one day after the Weimar tweetstorm, Burry, whose display name on Twitter is Cassandra, referring to the priestess from Greek mythology who was cursed to share true prophecies but never to be believed, tweeted the following: "People say I didn't warn last time. I did, but no one listened. So I warn this time. And still, no one listens. But I will have proof I warned". Undoubtedly, he will. This is where we are now, the only question left is when do the exponential currency collapse phase will start.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Hungrymoggy "I am now predicting that Europe will NUKE ITSELF sometime in the first week of January"
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Thu 25 Feb 2021, 11:44:31

10 yr yield nearing 1.5

Dollar Index falling below 90....sitting at 89.80 as I type

Get ready
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 Feb 2021, 11:52:10

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:This thing is going down......just a matter of time.

<yawn>

And those doomers who are still irritated that the Great Dieoff of the late 80's didn't happen still have their fingers crossed. Just a matter of time indeed....decades....centuries....millennia? Wet behind the ears newbies like you can't even be bothered to learn from all the past "going downs" that didn't because, well, it might require reading or thinking or something? What fun is that to a newby doomer!

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Thu 25 Feb 2021, 14:22:16

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:10 yr yield nearing 1.5

Get ready

10yr spiked to 1.60 today before going back down.

7yr yield spiking higher.

This shithouse is imploding!!!

LOL what a clown show
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 Feb 2021, 18:30:17

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:This shithouse is imploding!!!
LOL what a clown show

OMG!!! We made it through the Great Dieoff of the 1980's and now THIS!!!!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 27 Feb 2021, 22:10:17

Get ready

LOL what a clown show

Gee, and just 1 day later, at the market close, the 10 year is at 1.407 and the dollar is at 90.93.

Not that I'd expect anyone of YOUR integrity to admit it when the numbers go the opposite of how they expect.

But keep yapping like a tiny brained dog at a fence, as I know you will.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 11:34:41

Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Get ready

LOL what a clown show

Gee, and just 1 day later, at the market close, the 10 year is at 1.407 and the dollar is at 90.93.

Not that I'd expect anyone of YOUR integrity to admit it when the numbers go the opposite of how they expect.

Pull up a chart of the 10yr......it is gradually increasing and moving higher the last several months.

Each time it reaches a high then has a slight pullback and then moves higher.

It is going higher unless the FED moves in with yield curve control which is likely to happen.

The question is at what point does the FED move in? 2% 2.5% 3%? I think somewhere between 2-3% is probably where they move in because at that point the markets will start rolling over.

Lets watch
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 11:46:35

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Lets watch

Indeed. Throw up a chart of the DJIA or S&P or something and we'll see if it's crashing.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 17:52:48

Outcast_Searcher wrote:

Get ready

LOL what a clown show

Pull up a chart of the 10yr......it is gradually increasing and moving higher the last several months.

Each time it reaches a high then has a slight pullback and then moves higher.

It is going higher unless the FED moves in with yield curve control which is likely to happen.

The question is at what point does the FED move in? 2% 2.5% 3%? I think somewhere between 2-3% is probably where they move in because at that point the markets will start rolling over.

Lets watch

Given how horrifically this whole thread has been dead wrong, re overall reality for years, yeah, let's watch.

Let's pretend that if you throw pure BS at the wall, it will all turn out right. Just as the insta-doomer calls have been DEAD WRONG for a good 50 years now. :lol:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 19:52:32

FED balance sheet has doubled and it up to 8 trillion.

Let’s see if my 2021 predictions come true

1) FED balance sheet - 10T
2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 22T
4) gold - $2000
5) silver $35
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 21:53:11

Armageddon wrote:FED balance sheet has doubled and it up to 8 trillion.

2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 22T
4) gold - $2000
5) silver $35

Yet in the real world (and on this thread) you've been calling for hyperinflation for years now. Where is that?

You've been acting like gold and silver would be screaming upward for years. Not up just a little. Or actually down recently, as gold has been. Gold has been above $2000 recently. So how brave a "prediction" is that?

US debt has been above $20 trillion for years. So what are you doing? Making predictions looking in the rear view mirror? And we're supposed to be impressed by that? YAWN and LOL.

And wow, so silver as high as it's been in ten years. Big deal. Still, nothing remotely close to what it would be if hyperinflation were REMOTELY a thing, aside from an epic fail as far as a prediction. :idea:

When there is $5T in debt in a year we're not in the middle of a major pandemic (and spending for that), be sure and get back to us.

Aside from perhaps impressing the voices in your head, who are you trying to fool here? New people? People with no memory? People who can't read?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 01 Mar 2021, 22:09:39

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:FED balance sheet has doubled and it up to 8 trillion.

2) deficit 5T
3) US debt hits 22T
4) gold - $2000
5) silver $35

Yet in the real world (and on this thread) you've been calling for hyperinflation for years now. Where is that?

You've been acting like gold and silver would be screaming upward for years. Not up just a little. Or actually down recently, as gold has been. Gold has been above $2000 recently. So how brave a "prediction" is that?

US debt has been above $20 trillion for years. So what are you doing? Making predictions looking in the rear view mirror? And we're supposed to be impressed by that? YAWN and LOL.

And wow, so silver as high as it's been in ten years. Big deal. Still, nothing remotely close to what it would be if hyperinflation were REMOTELY a thing, aside from an epic fail as far as a prediction. :idea:

When there is $5T in debt in a year we're not in the middle of a major pandemic (and spending for that), be sure and get back to us.

Aside from perhaps impressing the voices in your head, who are you trying to fool here? New people? People with no memory? People who can't read?

I meant $2500 gold. Typo
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance