Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Warming / Climate Changes Pt. 22

Re: Global Warming / Climate Changes Pt. 22

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 12:42:48

Alarming Rise in Global Temperatures

"The past six years have been the warmest on record since 1880, with 2016, 2019 and 2020 being the top three, according to a World Meteorological Organization (WMO) press release on 15 January. The year 2020 was 1.2°C above pre-industrial era (1880) temperatures."
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 13:15:28

AdamB wrote:Alarming Rise in Global Temperatures

"The past six years have been the warmest on record since 1880, with 2016, 2019 and 2020 being the top three, according to a World Meteorological Organization (WMO) press release on 15 January. The year 2020 was 1.2°C above pre-industrial era (1880) temperatures."

California winters are so mild now that I really feel like that frog in a pot of water over the fire.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dissident » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 15:47:18

JuanP wrote:"Worried about Earth's future? Well, the outlook is worse than even scientists can grasp"
https://phys.org/news/2021-01-earth-fut ... tists.html

But Gods willing Millennials will save us!

Right-wing populist leaders with anti-environment agendas are on the rise, and in many countries, environmental protest groups have been labeled "terrorists." Environmentalism has become weaponised as a political ideology, rather than properly viewed as a universal mode of self-preservation.

The authors couldn't help themselves and needed to inject partisan BS drivel. Maybe if those enviro-phony outfits like Greenpeace did not act as transparently partisan geopolitical hacks. For example staging PR stunts on Gazprom's Arctic platforms and totally ignoring the ones run by western corporations. Then you have the clowns in Germany who claim that Russian piped gas is dirtier than LNG. This one takes the cake for retarded propaganda. Since nowhere on the planet is LNG produced with renewable energy and is typically produced using 30% of the energy content of the gas delivered. Then you have all the infrastructure for LNG such as liquefaction plants and powered LNG tankers that all involve CO2 emissions. So these fraud greens are actually advocating well in excess of 30/70 x 100 = 43% more CO2 emissions just based on their realpolitik whoring.

Nope, hiding behind politics is not an intelligent decision by these authors.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 16:18:06

Yet that quote 'dissident' is entirely true and factual. I don't know about Greenpeace, but 'right-wing populists' is right-on. It is questionable which side that China's leaders are on, but that is besides the point if 'right-wing populist leaders' cannot set a proper example (which we know is meaningless to them unless they suddenly decide that the future DOES belong to them and they want to preserve it).
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 11 Feb 2021, 19:58:59

jedrider wrote: It is questionable which side that China's leaders are on

No its not. You just have to look at what they do and what they are doing is building large numbers of new coal-fired power plants and expanding their oil and gas drilling activities. China is far and away to the largest CO2 producer on the planet, and they are on track to increase their lead.

jedrider wrote: if 'right-wing populist leaders' cannot set a proper example ....

Thats nonsense. The US is now being run by left-wing Biden and the left-wing Ds. Its up to them to enact good policies and set a proper example ..... and instead we see Ds like John Kerry, our so-called climate czar, flying in his own personal private jet to Iceland to collect an environmental award. Of course private jets are incredibly wasteful....Kerry probably released more CO2 on that one trip then a typical American family would release in year.

John Kerry should be fired.....He is setting a TERRIBLE example for other Americans and the rest of the world. What a privileged hypocritical chmuck!

John Kerry is setting a TERRIBLE example....

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Azothius » Sun 14 Feb 2021, 13:20:37

this is only almost funny, but still had to share:

Ragnarok is Coming