Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 16:39:12

AdamB wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:AdamB I have a wager for you and Outcast Searcher.....


Ah...on the grounds that you might be another Short sock puppet, I'll pass. Mind you, I haven't decided yet that this is true, but it seems reasonable to be safe rather than sorry.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:I will wager that we will be in a full Hyperinflationary panic by this time next year.....If I am correct than you and Outcast Searcher will have to leave this board forever.

If I am wrong than I will leave this board forever....

How is that?


Sounds sort of like StarvingPuutyTat, to be honest, except with better thinking behind the call. But because sock puppets are so common, and I'm not a welsher, I would be honor bound to leave the board forever, for real, if I lost the bet. Short has no such character, so if you are indeed him, this bet is meaningless.




Hahaha dude your ass must be in such a pucker

You guys crack me up
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 19:39:42

Armageddon wrote:BIDEN: STIMULUS PACKAGE TO BE IN TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS


He means tens of trillion



https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... e-increase


Dude they are gonna juice this thing to the fucking moon!

Bitcoin is gonna go over a hundred thousand.

Tesla is gonna be in the tens of thousands per share.

Hahaha

The dollar is gonna take a huge shit.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 20:02:15

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
AdamB wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:AdamB I have a wager for you and Outcast Searcher.....


Ah...on the grounds that you might be another Short sock puppet, I'll pass. Mind you, I haven't decided yet that this is true, but it seems reasonable to be safe rather than sorry.

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:I will wager that we will be in a full Hyperinflationary panic by this time next year.....If I am correct than you and Outcast Searcher will have to leave this board forever.

If I am wrong than I will leave this board forever....

How is that?


Sounds sort of like StarvingPuutyTat, to be honest, except with better thinking behind the call. But because sock puppets are so common, and I'm not a welsher, I would be honor bound to leave the board forever, for real, if I lost the bet. Short has no such character, so if you are indeed him, this bet is meaningless.




Hahaha dude your ass must be in such a pucker

You guys crack me up

Spoken like the true asshat, who will slink away or logon as another handle when they're proven wrong, as every single clown making such predictions has done for the past FIFTY years I've noticed.

I'll take the Fed, i.e. professional serious economists, vs. your randomness every time.

But I know, you're smarter than the whole bond market AND currency market because you "know" things, just like the idiots who raided the Capitol building this week, thinking there would be no consequences...
Sheer genius. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 08 Jan 2021, 22:41:25

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Hahaha dude your ass must be in such a pucker


About what? Turns out, there was a mint to be made in the markets the last time your ilk proclaimed the end of the world. Turns out, betting against the doomers on this forum has been quite the profitable endeavor, at multiple levels.

I realize your youth and inexperience with investing and whatnot (and enthusiasm in regards to conspiracy nuttery) allows you to claim absolute certainty where none exists, but I've never seen that work as a financial prediction strategy for anyone.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby suxs » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 07:19:26

FAKE NEWS:

"Who is gullible? LOL. Antifa infiltrators were in the crowd and appears responsible for the best photos of the violence seen on the corrupt fake news media."

The FACTS:

The Antifa story referenced by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and repeated by Fox, One World News, etc. was retracted by the Washington Times. And the company in question — XRVision — confirmed to The Washington Post that its software at the Capitol "could not identify Antifa members among the mob that stormed, occupied, and vandalized the Capitol."

According to the FBI and Washington Post Fact Checkers, "No evidence supports the claim that individuals with Antifa connections formed part of the riots that took place on Capitol grounds. Wednesday’s events were widely documented, via videos, tweets, and live-streams from reporters already covering the day’s events. Video and photos confirm that the rioters were supporters and individuals with right-wing and extremist beliefs."

I know, I know, the reply will be that a vast conspiracy exists connecting the FBI, The Washington Times, XRVision, The Washington Post. The only problem with this grand conspiracy claim is nobody has ever produced evidence.
suxs
Wood
Wood
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue 21 Apr 2020, 03:43:23

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 13:10:33

suxs wrote:I know, I know, the reply will be that a vast conspiracy exists connecting the FBI, The Washington Times, XRVision, The Washington Post. The only problem with this grand conspiracy claim is nobody has ever produced evidence.

You nailed it.

Sadly, from all I've read and seen, that's the big problem with the VAST majority of conspiracy theorists of ALL stripes:

They don't accept any evidence that goes outside their conspiracy theory belief. Any such "evidence" is labeled as merely some other sort of conspiracy, often a conspiracy to try to "cover up the truth" behind the conspiracy they're convinced of.

Whether it's space aliens and Area 51, 911 Truthers, Flat Earthers, insta-doomers of all stripes, Covid-19 isn't real, etc., it's overwhelmingly the SAME DAMN MINDSET.

So logic, facts, overwhelming evidence, the fact that much of the ENTIRE WORLD would need to be "in on" the conspiracy, for months on end on a daily basis (which is the case if Covid-19 isn't real) -- it's not going to matter to those folks.

So we're not going to fix the damage that causes to society in the short term. It would have to be when children and young adults are educated. But when we often do things like educate them with the idea that the religious symbols (like supernatural dieties, life after death) are REAL instead of symbols, plus in the US, school boards forcing anti-science into public schools, etc. -- I don't see THAT working very well without meaningful change either.

To me the irony is immense. Thanks to science, we have very easy access to a recently unimaginable level of data and insight -- almost like we can greatly extend the fact holding capability and memory reliability of our brains, just by carrying our smart phone. But does humanity use it to make things better? Well, it's a VERY mixed bag, and clearly conspiracy theory proliferation is going the WRONG direction.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 14:25:39

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
suxs wrote:I know, I know, the reply will be that a vast conspiracy exists connecting the FBI, The Washington Times, XRVision, The Washington Post. The only problem with this grand conspiracy claim is nobody has ever produced evidence.

You nailed it.

Sadly, from all I've read and seen, that's the big problem with the VAST majority of conspiracy theorists of ALL stripes:

They don't accept any evidence that goes outside their conspiracy theory belief. Any such "evidence" is labeled as merely some other sort of conspiracy, often a conspiracy to try to "cover up the truth" behind the conspiracy they're convinced of.

Whether it's space aliens and Area 51, 911 Truthers, Flat Earthers, insta-doomers of all stripes, Covid-19 isn't real, etc., it's overwhelmingly the SAME DAMN MINDSET.

So logic, facts, overwhelming evidence, the fact that much of the ENTIRE WORLD would need to be "in on" the conspiracy, for months on end on a daily basis (which is the case if Covid-19 isn't real) -- it's not going to matter to those folks.

So we're not going to fix the damage that causes to society in the short term. It would have to be when children and young adults are educated. But when we often do things like educate them with the idea that the religious symbols (like supernatural dieties, life after death) are REAL instead of symbols, plus in the US, school boards forcing anti-science into public schools, etc. -- I don't see THAT working very well without meaningful change either.

To me the irony is immense. Thanks to science, we have very easy access to a recently unimaginable level of data and insight -- almost like we can greatly extend the fact holding capability and memory reliability of our brains, just by carrying our smart phone. But does humanity use it to make things better? Well, it's a VERY mixed bag, and clearly conspiracy theory proliferation is going the WRONG direction.


How is that science working out?

Miami Doctor dies from the vaccine....

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2 ... stigation/

His own wife says he was perfectly healthy.....LOL

I can't imagine how they will spin this one.

When are you going to get your vaccine?
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 20:31:11

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:How is that science working out?


Outstanding. Know anyone with polio or has died from small pox lately?

And the engineers who put an American on the moon sure knew their science.

Is all you have anti-vaxxer propaganda?

How about this....I'll go get the vaccine, and after I've had the two does, if I die, I will have left the forum forever. If I don't...you do. Not die of course...just...leave.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 18

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 09 Jan 2021, 21:51:02

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:
suxs wrote:I know, I know, the reply will be that a vast conspiracy exists connecting the FBI, The Washington Times, XRVision, The Washington Post. The only problem with this grand conspiracy claim is nobody has ever produced evidence.

You nailed it.

Sadly, from all I've read and seen, that's the big problem with the VAST majority of conspiracy theorists of ALL stripes:

They don't accept any evidence that goes outside their conspiracy theory belief. Any such "evidence" is labeled as merely some other sort of conspiracy, often a conspiracy to try to "cover up the truth" behind the conspiracy they're convinced of.

Whether it's space aliens and Area 51, 911 Truthers, Flat Earthers, insta-doomers of all stripes, Covid-19 isn't real, etc., it's overwhelmingly the SAME DAMN MINDSET.

So logic, facts, overwhelming evidence, the fact that much of the ENTIRE WORLD would need to be "in on" the conspiracy, for months on end on a daily basis (which is the case if Covid-19 isn't real) -- it's not going to matter to those folks.

So we're not going to fix the damage that causes to society in the short term. It would have to be when children and young adults are educated. But when we often do things like educate them with the idea that the religious symbols (like supernatural dieties, life after death) are REAL instead of symbols, plus in the US, school boards forcing anti-science into public schools, etc. -- I don't see THAT working very well without meaningful change either.

To me the irony is immense. Thanks to science, we have very easy access to a recently unimaginable level of data and insight -- almost like we can greatly extend the fact holding capability and memory reliability of our brains, just by carrying our smart phone. But does humanity use it to make things better? Well, it's a VERY mixed bag, and clearly conspiracy theory proliferation is going the WRONG direction.


How is that science working out?

Miami Doctor dies from the vaccine....

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2 ... stigation/

His own wife says he was perfectly healthy.....LOL

I can't imagine how they will spin this one.

When are you going to get your vaccine?

When you have CREDIBLE sources stating that hundreds of thousands, much less millions, of people died from the vaccine, BE SURE AND GET BACK TO US.

No one with ANY crediblity, much less scientists or doctors, guaranteed that vaccines were completely safe, BTW. (But the math and the evidence says they're MUCH safer than the underlying disease. Not that I'd expect you to admit that, while playing anti-vaxxer). While you're spewing distorted nonsense, re your ilk, ever hear of math, much less USE it? :roll:

Big hint: this isn't the dark ages. :idea:

BTW, how much reading comprehension does your tiny mind have? What part of "IT'S NOT CLEAR" whether the death was even from the vaccine do you fail to understand? Oh that's right, while wildly spinning BS, who needs credibility? You, after all have a headline, and hope no one notices the actual substance. 8O

Way to represent the anti-vaxxer anti-science sect! 8)

So what's next, claim that (per your OWN cited article) one potential in 5 million is more risky than 1% or so deaths? But I know, you'll spin the hell out of that, whatever the outcome in reality. Because, after all, that's what your ilk does. You never know -- you can probably get folks who think Trump has credibility to believe it.

Any THINKING person may not know how "they will spin it", but they sure as hell can see how YOU spin it, just from the title -- much less the substance of the piece.

Are you proud of yourself? Again, given the way you post, I'm not surprised AT ALL, once reading the actual article you cite as SUPPOSED proof of anything.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 9104
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

cron