Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil - 2020 fore sight

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 09:31:36

warpig13 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:When refusing to reply to the voice of credible data and sanity and math and science and experience in oil is a "waste of time", that says ALL that needs to be said for you or your ilk.

Good luck with your loony bin postings. Over time, you'll need it.


There was nothing credible, sane, mathematical, scientific or experienced in any of that... it was just a chart without a clear explanation as to it's relevance. I can't be arsed playing guessing games... it's childish and neither will I be led on a wild goose chase, because someone doesn't like what I'm saying and then deciding to use a traditional trolling technique to derail my thread.

For the record Peak Oil is defined as " Peak oil refers to the hypothetical point at which global crude oil production will hit its maximum rate." Synthetic oil (fossil fuel derivatives) are not crude oil. Likewise, there ARE NOT multiple peak oils as was suggested, there is just one and that was around 2005-8.

If you're able to make a succinct on-topic point in a friendly manner, I'll reply, if not - I won't.



Warpig there is no point in even bothering a reply to Adam or Outcast. If you state something other than there worldview they want to claim you are a fast crash doomer or something of that ilk. These dudes are dependent on the shale oil scheme and the financial industry, both are scams.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 09:42:48

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
warpig13 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:When refusing to reply to the voice of credible data and sanity and math and science and experience in oil is a "waste of time", that says ALL that needs to be said for you or your ilk.

Good luck with your loony bin postings. Over time, you'll need it.


There was nothing credible, sane, mathematical, scientific or experienced in any of that... it was just a chart without a clear explanation as to it's relevance. I can't be arsed playing guessing games... it's childish and neither will I be led on a wild goose chase, because someone doesn't like what I'm saying and then deciding to use a traditional trolling technique to derail my thread.

For the record Peak Oil is defined as " Peak oil refers to the hypothetical point at which global crude oil production will hit its maximum rate." Synthetic oil (fossil fuel derivatives) are not crude oil. Likewise, there ARE NOT multiple peak oils as was suggested, there is just one and that was around 2005-8.

If you're able to make a succinct on-topic point in a friendly manner, I'll reply, if not - I won't.


Warpig there is no point in even bothering a reply to Adam or Outcast. If you state something other than there worldview they want to claim you are a fast crash doomer or something of that ilk. These dudes are dependent on the shale oil scheme and the financial industry, both are scams.


I have AdamB, Outcast Searcher, and REAL Green on my ignore list, their noise to signal ratio is too high. If you learn to use the ignore list function your experience on this site will be more enjoyable.

This is what their comments look like after you put them on your ignore list.

"This post was made by AdamB who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."
"Only Americans can hurt America." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:06:32

Re: Peak Oil - 2020 fore sight

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:33:18

JuanP wrote:"Time for record global oil demand may have already passed, Russia says"
https://www.rt.com/business/508826-reco ... nd-russia/

The Russians seem to be calling Peak Oil. Will this website become popular again if people become aware that Peak Oil is already here?


It has happened or been called like 5 times this century so far. Will this website become more popular if we begin speculating on how many more there might be?
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 5847
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:36:45

OutcastPhilosopher wrote:Warpig there is no point in even bothering a reply to Adam or Outcast.


Certainly true if you can't support anything you say, and get called out on it. Warpig wants to claim the military is backing up his end of world scenario, but he won't also include when they said these things might happen. Some of them claimed his wet dream collapse scenario should have happened years ago, and he would rather not admit to having referenced yet another discredited end of the world pundit as the best he can copy and paste.

Hence my opinion that you don't ask the military resource economics questions any more than you do run of the mill doomers playing in the doom fantasy league games.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 5847
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 11:39:21

JuanP wrote:I have AdamB, Outcast Searcher, and REAL Green on my ignore list, their noise to signal ratio is too high.


Particularly when, you know, they know facts and stuff and it doesn't work in the doom fantasy league games where such things are unnecessary.

Some of us enjoy our ideas being challenged...but then we deal with facts and reality and such. Those who want to hide from dissenting opinions however, well, tit is usually because they want nothing to do with facts and reality and such.
Mustang19 says: Mods, I am just here to troll the trolls. I mean no harm.

StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 5847
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby OutcastPhilosopher » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 13:28:59

JuanP wrote:
OutcastPhilosopher wrote:
warpig13 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:When refusing to reply to the voice of credible data and sanity and math and science and experience in oil is a "waste of time", that says ALL that needs to be said for you or your ilk.

Good luck with your loony bin postings. Over time, you'll need it.


There was nothing credible, sane, mathematical, scientific or experienced in any of that... it was just a chart without a clear explanation as to it's relevance. I can't be arsed playing guessing games... it's childish and neither will I be led on a wild goose chase, because someone doesn't like what I'm saying and then deciding to use a traditional trolling technique to derail my thread.

For the record Peak Oil is defined as " Peak oil refers to the hypothetical point at which global crude oil production will hit its maximum rate." Synthetic oil (fossil fuel derivatives) are not crude oil. Likewise, there ARE NOT multiple peak oils as was suggested, there is just one and that was around 2005-8.

If you're able to make a succinct on-topic point in a friendly manner, I'll reply, if not - I won't.


Warpig there is no point in even bothering a reply to Adam or Outcast. If you state something other than there worldview they want to claim you are a fast crash doomer or something of that ilk. These dudes are dependent on the shale oil scheme and the financial industry, both are scams.


I have AdamB, Outcast Searcher, and REAL Green on my ignore list, their noise to signal ratio is too high. If you learn to use the ignore list function your experience on this site will be more enjoyable.

This is what their comments look like after you put them on your ignore list.

"This post was made by AdamB who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."



Awesome. Thank you for the info.
The hand that gives is above the hand that takes
OutcastPhilosopher
Peat
Peat
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 17:39:05

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby dcoyne78 » Fri 11 Dec 2020, 13:41:05

warpig13 wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:When refusing to reply to the voice of credible data and sanity and math and science and experience in oil is a "waste of time", that says ALL that needs to be said for you or your ilk.

Good luck with your loony bin postings. Over time, you'll need it.


There was nothing credible, sane, mathematical, scientific or experienced in any of that... it was just a chart without a clear explanation as to it's relevance. I can't be arsed playing guessing games... it's childish and neither will I be led on a wild goose chase, because someone doesn't like what I'm saying and then deciding to use a traditional trolling technique to derail my thread.

For the record Peak Oil is defined as " Peak oil refers to the hypothetical point at which global crude oil production will hit its maximum rate." Synthetic oil (fossil fuel derivatives) are not crude oil. Likewise, there ARE NOT multiple peak oils as was suggested, there is just one and that was around 2005-8.

If you're able to make a succinct on-topic point in a friendly manner, I'll reply, if not - I won't.


warpig,

Can you define "conventional oil"?

I define it as all crude plus condensate except extra heavy oil (API gravity less than 10 degrees) which is mostly from Orinoco belt in Venezuela and Canadian oil sands in Alberta (XH oil) and light tight oil (aka LTO).

For World conventional oil as I define it the annual output peak was 2016 at 73.2 Mb/d see chart below.
Also note that I expect as tight oil output decreases after 2028 and oil prices rise, that conventional oil will see a new peak at about 74 Mb/d in 2032 or 2033.

Image

Conv with scenario for 2020 to 2040 below

Image
dcoyne78
Coal
Coal
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu 30 May 2013, 19:45:15

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests