Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 10

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Electric Vehicle (EV) Thread pt 10

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 01:12:04

Yonnipun wrote:
The future...thy name is electric!!!

I doubt it.

Doubt is certainly allowed when it comes to predicting stuff in the future.

Yonnipun wrote: When the hoax called global warming is exposed, ICE-s come back with full force.

While I have no objection to anyone having different opinions than the majority, I would like to ask about the use of the word "hoax". How do you envision the data involved in this hoax has been...manipulated? Thermometers spanning a century or three, satellites, it would seem to be quite a difficult scheme to maintain?

Yonnipun wrote:ICE-s are quite efficient and do not pollute much anymore. I have read that a modern diesel actually cleans the air of the big city. They are so clean now.

Really? So, when VW programmed their cars to cheat on US emission tests it was because they were too clean? Rather than unable to meet the required emissions? So was their admission of not having clean enough cars another hoax? Why would they have chosen to lose billions of dollars pretending to have deficient emissions on their diesels?
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Yonnipun » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 04:14:02

Thermometers spanning a century or three, satellites, it would seem to be quite a difficult scheme to maintain?

There are not enough thermometers to measure the average temperature of earth. The sattelites can not measure the temperature of earth because the emissivity of earth is unknown.
Computer simulations do what the programmers want them to do. Doom and gloom scenarious are written by programmers who push the hoax.
Use your own brain and observe what really has happened. Do you see the costal areas flooding and people escaping from their homes? Nope. The whole thing is a hoax, nothing more.
Global warming is a hoax because it is not possible to rise the themperature of the matter without additional energy. The sun s output is constant. Greenhouse gases have no ability to create additional energy.
Yonnipun
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 12:35:04

Guys, please stay on subject! How many threads are you going to ruin arguing about this shite?

"The EV revolution is threatening long term oil demand growth"
https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News ... rowth.html
Last edited by JuanP on Sun 22 Nov 2020, 13:44:49, edited 1 time in total.
"Only Americans can hurt America." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 13:06:06

Yonnipun wrote:
Thermometers spanning a century or three, satellites, it would seem to be quite a difficult scheme to maintain?

There are not enough thermometers to measure the average temperature of earth.

This is true. Are you aware of how modern data analytics and statistics are involved in these types of estimates? Also, you didn't claim "estimate problem", you claimed "hoax". So...what is the hoax with the data involved?

Yonnipun wrote:The sattelites can not measure the temperature of earth because the emissivity of earth is unknown.

Of course satellites can measure temperature. Emissivity isn't temperature. What is the "hoax" related to satellites measuring temperature?

Yonnipun wrote:Computer simulations do what the programmers want them to do.

Computer simulations run code. Programmers write code. Are you claiming that programmers are perpetrating a hoax by deliberately writing bad code to deliver answers they want from computer simulations?

Yonnipun wrote:Doom and gloom scenarious are written by programmers who push the hoax.

Ah! So the answer is yes, the hoax is perpetrated upon the world by computer programmers!

This then begs an obvious logical question. Why is it that ALL programmers are in on this hoax? Is it a conspiracy? Because it wouldn't take but a small handful, writing proper code, to demonstrate that someone was perpetrating a hoax.

Yonnipun wrote:Use your own brain and observe what really has happened.

I just did. We now know that you lack understanding of data analytics and statistics, what satellites do and do not do, and that there is a programmer conspiracy so absolute that out of the millions, tens of millions of programmers, there aren't a half dozen doing it right to demonstrate why the other tens of millions are doing it wrong.

Science would find those people doing the debunking in a heartbeat, and be screaming their contradictory results all across the scientific world. So...this arrives at my prior question...why is it all programmers the world over have decided to perpetuate a hoax? It would be a conspiracy only as thoroughly hidden as the 9/11 one, in that there isn't ANYONE speaking out about it.

Yonniput wrote:Do you see the costal areas flooding and people escaping from their homes? Nope.

So you base your entire theory of programmers hoaxing the world on this data being a lie? Previously you claimed that sea level wasn't rising, now you want to modify that to "not changing fast enough to run off all the coastal dwellers"?

Yonnipun wrote:The whole thing is a hoax, nothing more.

A cabal of computer programmers, out to fool the world!!

Yonnipun wrote:Global warming is a hoax because it is not possible to rise the themperature of the matter without additional energy.

So...your position is that the computer programmers are faking ocean temperature data as well? Are you supposing that ocean temperature increase is all from underwater volcanoes and sunlight?

Yonnipun wrote: The sun s output is constant. Greenhouse gases have no ability to create additional energy.

Chart of solar output NOT constant. Who do you think faked this data?

Yonnipun, please try harder if you want to be the conspiracy type. Particular on a topic this big. Contradicting about every claim you make takes seconds. Do some research before making yourself look so uninformed.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 13:10:36

JuanP wrote:Guys, please stay on subject! How many threads are you going to ruin arguing about this shite?

Pretty funny coming from you! :lol:
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 14:16:47

Yonnipun wrote:Global warming is a hoax because it is not possible to rise the themperature of the matter without additional energy...... Greenhouse gases have no ability to create additional energy.

And yet when you walk inside a greenhouse (you know....those big glass buildings used to grow plants) the air inside the Greenhouse is warmer then the air outside.

And that happens without any "additional energy" being used or fuel being burned.

Imagine that!

Gosh.......since you don't know any physics I bet that seems like black magic to you!!!!

If there isn't any Greenhouse warming then why is the planet warming up? Could it be black magic?

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 16:50:18

"Top 10 best selling electric vehicle makers
https://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/2020 ... 77e35.html

"Tesla topped the world as the best-selling electric vehicle brand in 2019, followed by two Chinese brands BYD and BAIC, according to a report released in February by EV-volumes.com, an international electric vehicles sales database.

Tesla won top spot with sales of 367,820 for last year, followed by the second best, BYD, with 229,506 sold. BAIC ranked third, selling 160,251 electric vehicles in 2019.

According to EV-volumes.com, 2.21 million electric vehicles were sold in 2019, increasing 10 percent year-on-year. And the market share of EVs grew from 2.1 percent to 2.5 percent, which means there's one EV out of every 40 cars sold in the world last year.

It's worth noticing nearly half of the world's top 10 best sellers are Chinese brands, reflecting the huge potential of the new energy vehicle market in China, while the rise of foreign brands like BMW, Volkswagen and Hyundai also bring intense competition into the world's EV market."
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 19:58:45

Those numbers must be from 2019 as 2020 is not over yet. So nine month old news? What is your point?
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 21:54:42

vtsnowedin wrote:Those numbers must be from 2019 as 2020 is not over yet. So nine month old news? What is your point?

Hard to tell with some of the new members specializing in being cut and paste pirates. Whatever happened to folks learning stuff, thinking, discussing it with similarly functional posters? Maybe these newer folks are from the social media generation enabled generation?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 23:43:00

vtsnowedin wrote:Those numbers must be from 2019 as 2020 is not over yet. So nine month old news? What is your point?

VT, a simple glance over the quote I provided will tell you THREE TIMES that the data is from 2019, the last year available. The article provides some background on the thread's SUBJECT, an interesting link, and some cool pictures of ELECTRIC VEHICLES.

If you don't like my comments IGNORE THEM! I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind. What did your comment contribute to the conversation? What was YOUR point?
Last edited by JuanP on Mon 23 Nov 2020, 00:01:21, edited 2 times in total.
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 22 Nov 2020, 23:53:06

AdamB wrote:

Hard to tell with some of the new members specializing in being cut and paste pirates. Whatever happened to folks learning stuff, thinking, discussing it with similarly functional posters? Maybe these newer folks are from the social media generation enabled generation?

Adam, both the article's title and quote I provided were between quotation marks. I didn't pirate anything. Do you know what quotation marks are and how they work?

I have been a registered user here for longer than you have, and I lurked here for years before that. I can't help but wonder how many of the THOUSANDS of posts you have written here contributed anything useful, not many lately!

Do you consider yourself to be someone who learns stuff, thinks, and is a FUNCTIONAL poster? Most of the posts you post are nothing more than useless criticism and infantile insults and are evidence to the contrary. I've met people from all ages and generations who are more articulate and better educated than you are.

Try to behave like an adult!
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 00:29:26

JuanP wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Adam, both the article's title and quote I provided were between quotation marks. I didn't pirate anything. Do you know what quotation marks are and how they work?

I have been a registered user here for longer than you have, and I lurked here for years before that. I can't help but wonder how many of the THOUSANDS of posts you have written here contributed anything useful, not many lately!

Do you consider yourself to be someone who learns stuff, thinks, and is a FUNCTIONAL poster? Most of the posts you post are nothing more than useless criticism and infantile insults and are evidence to the contrary. I've met people from all ages and generations who are more articulate and better educated than you are.

Try to behave like an adult!

He’s never said anything meaningful. He just likes to attack people. That’s usually a sign of denial. He’s a PO denier and believes printing tens of trillions to keep the economy propped up is normal.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Yonnipun » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 07:05:56

Plantagenet wrote:
Yonnipun wrote:Global warming is a hoax because it is not possible to rise the themperature of the matter without additional energy...... Greenhouse gases have no ability to create additional energy.

And yet when you walk inside a greenhouse (you know....those big glass buildings used to grow plants) the air inside the Greenhouse is warmer then the air outside.

And that happens without any "additional energy" being used or fuel being burned.

Imagine that!

Gosh.......since you don't know any physics I bet that seems like black magic to you!!!!

If there isn't any Greenhouse warming then why is the planet warming up? Could it be black magic?

Cheers!

How many times I have to tell you that real greenhouses reduce convection. Earth is in the vacuum and has nothing to do with convection and conduction. Do you know what vacuum is? Do you know that there is no conduction and convection in the vacuum because vacuum is empty space? Have not you heard about that in the physics class? In space we know there is only radiance. Every body over absoulte zero starts to radiate into space according to Stefan - Boltzmann law. The earth radiates also according to this law. If the temperature of earth would rise, the radiance also rises. If the temperature of earth would decrease, the radiance also decreases. They go hand in hand. You can not decrease the radiance of the earth and rise its temperature on the same time( this is what global warming believers want to belive is possible by blocking radiance leaving earth). It is also not possible to measure the temperature of earth because there are not enough termometers. Temperature is varying a lot even within a couple of miles. You would have to cover the earth uniformely with termometers, synhronize them etc etc to get a meaningful anwer. The margin of error with the termometers today is bigger than the maximum and minimum temperature ever measured on earth. Would not you call this a bullsh..t if somebody says that he knows the teperature has rised 1 Celsius during a century. Use your own brain and think about it that it is not possible to measure the temperature of earth.
Yonnipun
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 12:04:53

JuanP wrote:

If you don't like my comments IGNORE THEM! I DEFINITELY wouldn't mind.

You didn't provide a comment genius. You just did a cut and paste drive by without commenting. Perhaps because venturing a comment would have required some of that learning, thinking, processing stuff and..well...you couldn't be bothered? You hardly can get snippy with VT about YOUR comment when you made none.

JuanP wrote:What did your comment contribute to the conversation? What was YOUR point?

That you didn't provide any information as to YOUR point. Duh. Read better next time, and your betters won't have to point out that if you want to make a point, feel free to, you know, type WORDS and stuff after your cut and paste, brainless banditry.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 12:20:45

JuanP wrote:Adam, both the article's title and quote I provided were between quotation marks. I didn't pirate anything. Do you know what quotation marks are and how they work?

Indeed I do. There was a quote at the beginning of the body of the text. There was a quote at the end. Therefore, everything in between the two was a quote. Which means NONE of it was yours, and ALL of it was brainless cut and paste banditry without a scintilla of you saying anything. Hence, you made no point. Hence, VT's question.

Do YOU know how quotation marks work?

Well...I know how quotes work. I know that cut and paste bandits don't provide any of their commentary to that banditry. I know that morons then accuse others of not seeing their invisible commentary. And I know that some posters are so stupid, they don't know either of those things.

Can you believe it? I learned all of this just from you, on a single page?

JuanP wrote:Do you consider yourself to be someone who learns stuff, thinks, and is a FUNCTIONAL poster?

Yes. For example, I know what quotes are! And how to use them! Would you like some training up on how they work, so you don't have to lie the next time you claim you already do?

JuanP wrote:I've met people from all ages and generations who are more articulate and better educated than you are.

I'll grant you that this might be true. Not that I know what "more articular and better educated" might mean to someone who can't use quotes correctly (debate student who almost graduated high school?) to the likes of you, but I must admit that the possibility must be considered.

JuanP wrote:Try to behave like an adult!

Learn to use quotes, don't abuse other posters for noticing your lack of commentary while doing cut and paste banditry, and I generally don't pay any attention to your drivel. Hence, I usually do behave like an adult.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 12:24:38

Yonnipun wrote: If the temperature of earth would rise, the radiance also rises. If the temperature of earth would decrease, the radiance also decreases.

Yeah, you really don't know why or how a greenhouse works, do you?

Here's a hint... its got physics involved. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby JuanP » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:01:36

Adam, you've just joined Real Green on my ignore list. If you were smart you would add me to yours. Do you know how that function works? Everything you wrote above was incorrect and/or a lie. Goodbye! I really love the ignore list function on this website! :-D

"This post was made by AdamB who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."
Last edited by JuanP on Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Free Meng Wanzhou!
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Yonnipun » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:09:10

AdamB wrote:
Yonnipun wrote: If the temperature of earth would rise, the radiance also rises. If the temperature of earth would decrease, the radiance also decreases.

Yeah, you really don't know why or how a greenhouse works, do you?

Here's a hint... its got physics involved. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have already explained two times how an actual greenhouse works. Apparently it does not suit your story so I would like to hear what kind of theory do you have about greenhouses.
Yonnipun
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 13:37:32

Yonnipun wrote: Earth is in the vacuum and has nothing to do with convection and conduction.

Actually, earth has an atmosphere and there is a great of convection and conduction going on in earth's atmosphere.

Yonnipun wrote: It is also not possible to measure the temperature of earth because there are not enough termometers [sic].

You don't understand how science works. In natural science we use the principle of representative sampling, i.e. we intensively study specific sample areas that are representative of the whole area of interest, and/or we scatter instruments and interpolate between the known data points. Its much the same principle that a doctor uses when he uses a laser to measure a patients temperature just at his forehead........you don't have to have a thermometer located on every single millimeter of skin......or soil....... to get a pretty darn good estimate of the temperature of a person ..... or of the earth.

Cheers!
250 million thousand people have died of covid---Joe Biden
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama

-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Yonnipun » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 14:54:42

Actually, earth has an atmosphere and there is a great of convection and conduction going on in earth's atmosphere.

It does not matter what happens on earth with conduction and convections. In space it is all about radiance. You should concentrate on radiance when talking about earth and sun. '

You don't understand how science works. In natural science we use the principle of representative sampling, i.e. we intensively study specific sample areas that are representative of the whole area of interest, and/or we scatter instruments and interpolate between the known data points. Its much the same principle that a doctor uses when he uses a laser to measure a patients temperature just at his forehead........you don't have to have a thermometer located on every single millimeter of skin......or soil....... to get a pretty darn good estimate of the temperature of a person ..... or of the earth.

So far the theories of global warming believers have been falsified by actual science. By the laws of physics. It is not possible to rise a temperature of a matter without additional energy. This is the first law of thermodynamics. The second law of thermodynamiscs states that heat flows from hot to cold. Therefore the colder gas like CO2, which was heated up by the surface of the earth , can not bounce back heat and heat up the surface of the earth, which ,as mentioned , was the one who heated up the CO2 in the first place. Also Stefan-Boltzmann law states that it is not possible to increase the temperature of the body and reduce the radiance at the same time( which is what global warming believers want to do by "blocking outgoing radiance" causing the average temperature of earth to increase).
Putting some thermometers here and there, interpolating the measurements over the whole earth using computer programs which are programmed to give hockeysticks into desired directions , is not a science.
Yonnipun
Lignite
Lignite

PreviousNext

Return to Energy Technology