Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Have we hit the peak?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Have we hit the peak?

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 23 Oct 2020, 14:41:12

:badgrin:
Armageddon wrote:Trump always says we are energy independent. I don’t have the exact numbers, but we product approx 12 mbpd and consume 20 mbpd. How is this energy independent?

So we turn some of the approx 8 mbpd excess that we import into refined products and export them and call ourselves energy independent?

Aren’t we still importing 8 mbpd?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 23 Oct 2020, 14:50:00

mousepad wrote:
AdamB wrote:US becoming a major petroleum products exporting,

https://money.cnn.com/2018/03/07/news/e ... index.html

Does that mean the US is officially a 3rd world nation?

Not by any definition of 3rd world I am aware of.

mousepad wrote:Largest exports are food and oil, while the eu and the chinese export high tech?

Good thing the US exports far more than food and oil then. As far as food though, there is quite an irony in that the US being both the world's bread basket, major oil exporter, pharmaceuticals, transportation particulars including aircraft, machinery and computers...you know....all those standard 3rd world country exports.
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Fri 23 Oct 2020, 18:49:06

mousepad wrote:
Largest exports are food and oil, while the eu and the chinese export high tech?

Actually, by tonnage our largest export is soil. Unfortunately we sell none of it, and the loss of it will eventually kill us.

A little dated but still valid.
https://theweek.com/articles/554677/america-running-soil

In the United States alone, soil disappears 10 times faster than it is naturally replenished, according to the Cornell study, at an estimated rate of nearly 1.7 billion tons of farmland alone per year. And it comes at a financial cost, too, with the American economy losing roughly $37 billion in productivity annually from soil loss.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Fri 23 Oct 2020, 19:54:49

AdamB wrote: there is quite an irony in that the US being both the world's bread basket,

I know, it's quite sad that the BIGGEST export is low tech. I always thought the US to be high tech. Guess I was wrong.

transportation particulars including aircraft

Like what? Cars the world don't want to buy, planes that fall from the sky?
http://www.worldstopexports.com/car-exports-country/

, machinery

Like what? Caterpillars? All others come from germany and japan.

and computers

http://www.worldstopexports.com/compute ... s-country/
holy shit, US is even lagging behind Netherland in computer export. I didn't think it was THAT bad. Did you?

...you know....all those standard 3rd world country exports.

I guess we have to concentrate on what we are really good at. Printing and exporting $$$ and our great new achievement: wokeness.
Or maybe we can export them trump and biden lawn signs? Ahh shit, no we can't. Those are printed in china, right?
mousepad
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 24 Oct 2020, 07:57:11

careinke wrote:
mousepad wrote:
Largest exports are food and oil, while the eu and the chinese export high tech?

Actually, by tonnage our largest export is soil. Unfortunately we sell none of it, and the loss of it will eventually kill us.

A little dated but still valid.
https://theweek.com/articles/554677/america-running-soil

In the United States alone, soil disappears 10 times faster than it is naturally replenished, according to the Cornell study, at an estimated rate of nearly 1.7 billion tons of farmland alone per year. And it comes at a financial cost, too, with the American economy losing roughly $37 billion in productivity annually from soil loss.

Thanks for the article.

ONE of my BIG FIVE problems facing humanity is resource depletion, which includes soil along with water and oil and other resources. Timber is another.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 24 Oct 2020, 11:06:59

mousepad wrote:
AdamB wrote: there is quite an irony in that the US being both the world's bread basket,

I know, it's quite sad that the BIGGEST export is low tech.

Not sad at all. Typical American corporate ability to drive price down to cost of production through being a intellectual/manufacturing/technological powerhouse, rather than just "it's all we gots" which is the default position of 3rd World Countries.

In other words, the US can play the table at this better than anyone else. Has been for 70 years, and while abit gut wrenching along the way, we sure ain't no 3rd world country because we happen to go agricultural as well as aircraft.

mousepad wrote:I always thought the US to be high tech. Guess I was wrong.

You weren't. If you don't understand that a Boeing 737 isn't high tech you really need to, you know, learn stuff.

mousepad wrote:
...you know....all those standard 3rd world country exports.

I guess we have to concentrate on what we are really good at. Printing and exporting $$$ and our great new achievement: wokeness.

The US has been the world reserve currency longer than most of us has been alive. You take a wiki course recently that ill informed you on how global finance has been trucking along with the US involved all along the way, and you want to pretend this is NEW?

Where have you been hiding your entire life? Someplace without books, the telly, or anyone with firing synapses to talk to?
StarvingPuutyTat says: I'm so confident in my TOTAL COLLAPSE is IMMINENT prediction that I stake my entire reputation on it. It will happen this year. - Aug 3-2020
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby REAL Green » Sat 31 Oct 2020, 07:12:16

Crude Oil Production
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/PET_CRD_CR ... BLPD_M.htm
Mar-20 Apr-20 May-20 Jun-20 Jul-20 Aug-20
12,737 12,010 10,019 10,442 10,980 10,579
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Heavy Crude