Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 20:34:09

Armageddon wrote:I don’t think these guys realize how much debt we’ve amassed over the past decade to halt the crash.

I don't think you realize that you have admitted that you yourself never thought increased debt would work. And then it did. And therefore, using simple logic, you are the LEAST qualified poster, by your own admission, to know ANYTHING about how much is too much.

Armageddon wrote: They act like debt is not real and it’s sustainable. I just don’t understand their way of thinking.

Now you assign motives where you have not an inkling as to whether or not they exist.

As far as how some of us think, well obviously, far better than you do. Most of us weren't soiling ourselves over boogeymen more than a decade ago, and then after learning how wrong we were, doing it all over again and again until...wait for it...SOMETHING ELSE CAME ALONG to cause a recession.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 20:39:34

Armageddon wrote:Ok, you guys win. Debts and deficits don’t matter. We’ll keep on printing trillions for all of eternity.

Reverting to assembling simpleton strawmen (perhaps because you are only capable of building ones designed for your peers?) and assigning them to others to hide your documented ignorance of all things oil and economic will not change your posting history, nor your inability to argue your way out of a wet paper bag.

Perhaps Shorty will come back (hopefully he didn't welsh on any bets with you?) and then you and him can have a simpleton strawman contest with each other? The rest of us can just kind of sit back, and be amused by the equivalent of a couple of ants wrestling for control over a grain of sand....on a beach.
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 21:05:09

Rate cuts
GDP going to zero
Massive QE and govt debt
Gold and silver going up

I said back in December this was all coming, long before Corona.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby bochen777 » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 21:07:49

Armageddon wrote:Rate cuts
GDP going to zero
Massive QE and govt debt
Gold and silver going up

I said back in December this was all coming, long before Corona.

GDP is not going to zero
But the US dollar is, by the end of year. just watch

Ironically the Uncle Sam is dumping it faster than anyone, they just forced Chinese TikTok to sell to M$FT for $USD 50 billion
Nvidia also forcing Softbank to sell ARM to the US
Trump forcing TSMC to set up shop in AZ

The jig is up... and Amerikkka wants to make sure everyone else is left holding the motherfucking bag when tsthf later this year...
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 21:18:02

Here are three more predictions you can write down

Debt will continue to rise
Gold and silver will continue rise
Water will remain wet
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 23:13:37

Armageddon wrote:Here are three more predictions you can write down
Debt will continue to rise
Gold and silver will continue rise
Water will remain wet

Oh, I can beat that. Here are 3 of mine.

1) Armageddon will never lack for food, clean water, shelter, or transport fuels at any time during the rest of
his life.
2) Armageddon will never stop claiming that doom is just around the corner...regardless of how many corners
we go around, and don't find doom.
3) Armageddon will only EVER continue to recite versions of the same dogma he has used in the past. Parrots
do not have the ability to learn from their mistakes.

I asked you this question previously Armie, and you didn't answer. So I'll provide the proper definition for you, in the hopes that you really aren't..you know.....what you appear to be...

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 23:17:27

AdamB wrote:
Do you understand how faith based belief systems work?

I think the key point is that as the financial system is basically faith based, no one will challenge it too hard, so as to destroy that faith because they will in fact destroy all the value that is in their own "faith based" net worth.

In other words, Don't rock the boat you're sitting in!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 23:27:34

dolanbaker wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Do you understand how faith based belief systems work?

I think the key point is that as the financial system is basically faith based, no one will challenge it too hard, so as to destroy that faith because they will in fact destroy all the value that is in their own "faith based" net worth.

In other words, Don't rock the boat you're sitting in!

Arguably, the entire "trade you some paper for something of value" is at its heart a faith based system. Pretending to have discovered it independently, and then building a really weird religion about bashing it, is entertaining to watch, I'll admit. Entertaining because everyone on this forum doing it, including those doing the aforementioned whining, PARTICIPATES in it! You see how, for all his collapse-spew, what does Armie pick as evidence of his knowledge of the system? Speculating in commodities! Making MONEY!

You have to admit the irony in everything Armie has been saying goes vertical as a precursor to exponential! (love that one of his, pure gibberish, but it sounds so techno-cool!).
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby StarvingLion » Tue 04 Aug 2020, 13:03:13

The lights are going out in Kansas.

Evergy
Electric services company

Evergy is an American investor-owned utility with publicly traded stock that has its headquarters in Topeka, Kansas, and in Kansas City, Missouri. The company was formed from a merger of Westar Energy of Topeka and Great Plains Energy of Kansas City, Missouri, parent company of Kansas City Power & Light.

EVRG stock down 12%. Going to zero.

AMD skyrocketing, INTC going to 0 just like I predicted.

AMD up 10%, INTC up 0.5%.

Gold outperforming Dow junk by a wide margin.

You're SCREWED.
"Armageddon" is a FRAUD
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby StarvingLion » Tue 04 Aug 2020, 13:29:40

The CRIMS have lost all credibility.

Their pumping of "oil" results in gold skyrocketing...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

By the time WTI hits 50, Gold will be 5000.
"Armageddon" is a FRAUD
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 06:29:46

Deflation is the bigger risk. This is caused by overindebtedness but just as importantly lack of “productive investment into plant & equipment, products or properties that generate a lasting income stream. In order for the growth in money supply to have an increased chance of generating lasting inflation, the velocity of money has to be at least stable” We are in a debt and underinvestment trap.

“3 Reasons Treasury Rates Can Still Hit 0%: Part I, Inflation Vs Deflation”
https://epbmacroresearch.com/2020/07/27 ... -0-part-i/

“Deflation, Not Inflation, Is The Bigger Risk Inflation is a highly consensus view among analysts. Typically, this takes the form of “deflation now, but inflation later,” acknowledging the severe demand shock caused by the COVID lockdowns across the global economy. The “inflation later” part of the puzzle usually makes reference to Federal Reserve policy actions, including “printing” money and what is now a ubiquitous chart of money supply growth. The Federal Reserve cannot “print” spendable dollars but rather purchase assets using reserves. The inflation crowd has made frequent use of the following chart of money supply growth, quick to point out the record level… It is incomplete to present an argument regarding money supply growth and inflation without presenting a long-term chart of the velocity of money. To argue that a rise in money supply growth in insolation will cause inflation assumes that the rate at which money changes hands in the economy is stable. Velocity, noted below, has collapsed and will decline further in Q2 2020, which negates the inflationary impact of rising money supply growth… Putting money in the hands of consumers to spend on basic necessities such as rent, food, and clothing are not high-velocity uses of capital and will not meaningfully change the long-run trajectory of the ratio… High velocity uses of capital stem from productive investment into plant & equipment, products or properties that generate a lasting income stream. In order for the growth in money supply to have an increased chance of generating lasting inflation, the velocity of money has to be at least stable… As a result of the weakening economy and high levels of public and private debt, banks are likely to maintain their reluctance in extending high quantities of new loans. Similarly, the capacity for borrowers to demand new loans for productive investment will remain low. The relationship between the monetary base and the money supply is unstable and currently in a declining trend. The relationship between money supply growth and inflation measured by either the Consumer Price Index or the Personal Consumption Expenditure Index is highly unclear… During the early period, when inflation temporarily rose above 10 percent, there was a positive relationship: increases in money growth were associated with higher inflation two years later. For the most recent decade, the period when the Fed’s balance sheet exploded, the two are nearly uncorrelated (see the red dashed line). In other words, at low levels of inflation, inflation appears to be unrelated to money growth. (While we do not show it here, another implication of this chart is that the velocity of money—the ratio of nominal GDP to money—is unstable.)… While money supply growth is an unreliable determinant of inflation, the economic output gap has demonstrated a sound relationship to core inflation, particularly over the past two decades, when economic volatility dropped to record lows. The output gap is a measure of the potential growth in an economy relative to actual growth. When an economy is growing below trend potential, the difference is called the “output gap.” The output gap is measured by using “potential GDP” and actual or projected GDP… Using the output gap to determine the inflation bias over the coming 12-36 months is likely to have more success than arguments centered around the growth rate in money supply with variables that are far different than the 1970s, a common inflationary reference point… High levels of Most of the arguments for higher inflation fail to consider rapidly changing relationships in the economy that more often than not stem from an extreme condition of overindebtedness. public and private debt hinder economic growth and exert disinflationary pressure on the economy”
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby StarvingLion » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 12:18:51

The junk currency is collapsing.

INTC keeps going down.

Gold and WTI are joined at the hip.

Both virtual, nothing real.

Evergy and First Energy and Exelon Corporationare getting clobbered. Apparently, the lights will go out before the gasoline pumps shut down. My discount gas station is now up for sale.

By September, "America" will be renamed ForSaleica.com since property taxes have been deferred until then.

Gold outperforming Dow junk yet again.

"Armageddon" is a fraud. The Covid-19 scam is to prevent liquid fuel shortages. His paper "wealth" and rocks are useless because he can't print gasoline.

BMW is collapsing again. CrookMobiles are a thing of the past.
"Armageddon" is a FRAUD
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby bochen777 » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 12:28:40

StarvingLion wrote:The junk currency is collapsing.

INTC keeps going down.

Evergy and First Energy and Exelon Corporationare getting clobbered. Apparently, the lights will go out before the gasoline pumps shut down. My discount gas station is now up for sale.

By September, "America" will be renamed ForSaleica.com since property taxes have been deferred until then.

"Armageddon" is a fraud. The Covid-19 scam is to prevent liquid fuel shortages. His paper "wealth" and rocks are useless because he can't print gasoline.

YouTube ads these days are all on how to make monies day trading, how to start a drop ship on amazon, how to flip houses, how to start a MLM, affliate business... its all scammers now.... thats all that left on this sinking shit

Its a game of musical chairs, its all about being lucky enough to go viral, or become an "influencer" on instagram or tiktok...

There is nothing 'real' anymore
bochen777
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby StarvingLion » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 12:38:21

Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me
Always, no, sometimes think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think, er, no, I mean, er, yes
But it's all wrong
That is I think I disagree
Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
"Armageddon" is a FRAUD
StarvingLion
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 13:25:11

StarvingLion wrote:The junk currency is collapsing.

INTC keeps going down.

I’m a fraud? My predictions (rate cuts, 0% GDP, massive QE) were spot on and I bought my gold and silver at the very bottom in late 2018 ($14 silver and $1200 gold). I’ve damn near doubled my money.

Ray Charles could have seen what’s coming. Unless you’re an idiot and think Corona is the culprit.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 17:22:32

StarvingLion wrote:"Armageddon" is a fraud.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 17:27:02

Armageddon wrote:I’m a fraud? My predictions (rate cuts, 0% GDP, massive QE) were spot on and I bought my gold and silver at the very bottom in late 2018 ($14 silver and $1200 gold). I’ve damn near doubled my money.

You must have missed all your claims of the world ending a decade ago, peak oil happening in 2005, economic collapse that wasn't, and so on and so forth.

Your selective memory is quite entertaining, as the quotes I keep dredging up demonstrate.

As far as Corona, do you have that reference yet, showing you called it before it happened? :lol: :lol:
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 20:44:43

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I’m a fraud? My predictions (rate cuts, 0% GDP, massive QE) were spot on and I bought my gold and silver at the very bottom in late 2018 ($14 silver and $1200 gold). I’ve damn near doubled my money.

You must have missed all your claims of the world ending a decade ago, peak oil happening in 2005, economic collapse that wasn't, and so on and so forth.

Your selective memory is quite entertaining, as the quotes I keep dredging up demonstrate.

As far as Corona, do you have that reference yet, showing you called it before it happened? :lol: :lol:

Wrong? Or early? It can’t be wrong when everything is happening. I know you want me to be wrong so bad, it’s killing you. Sorry, but I’m right. Get use to it, you haven’t seen anything yet.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 20:45:02

bochen777 wrote:Nvidia also forcing Softbank to sell ARM to the US

Go ahead, tell us how Nvidia, a private company is "forcing" Softbank to sell ARM to the US. You DO know a private company is not "the US", right? And that they can't FORCE such a sale, they can only OFFER to make a deal, right?

From what I read re real world news (not unattributed paranoid conspiracy theories), Nvidia has been in talks to buy or gain interest in Softbank.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... a-interest

And the dollar is going to zero by year-end. :o And you know this because, what, the dollar is a few percent below the DXY average for the past 10+ years, and you want to bray about insta-doom. Well, okey-dokey then. :roll:

Hint: Fast crash doomers have been braying that the US dollar is about to "collapse" ever since I started paying attention in 1985, and no doubt much longer.

Ironically, assuming vaccines work, and since vaccines look to be available faster than expected by the experts just a few months back (with any luck), if vaccines really help in 2021, the dollar could be booming in about a year, once the US economy can get to cranking back up, and with no more Trump randomness to worry about. :idea:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 05 Aug 2020, 20:47:38

AdamB wrote:
StarvingLion wrote:"Armageddon" is a fraud.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q: What do you call Armageddon, SL, and shorty standing around pointing at each other, and calling each other frauds?

A: Being truth tellers for a change.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance