Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal


PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 12:24:30

Armageddon wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Armageddon May 20, 2005 wrote:]

After the world reaches PO, the decline starts, oil skyrockets, economies crumble (if not before), and the depression sets in. By 2010, civilization as we know will never be the same. Once an economic downturn starts, it cannot be turned around without cheap oil and cheap money and credit, which we will never see again.



Whoa, that sounds pretty accurate. The only thing I missed was the FED and central banks will print tens of trillions of dollars to stop the crash.


Interesting, the strength of your normalcy doom bias. From the person who claimed none of what happened next, could ever happen. Then it did. And after it did, your cognitive deficiency is so blinding you can't even comprehend your own claims on the matter.

Do you understand how faith based belief systems work?
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 12:37:24

I used my knowledge on what I saw what was coming and went all in on silver in late 2018 and bought when it hit the ridiculously low $14 per oz. So yes, I did put my money where my mouth was.


I’m only up 150k to date. We’ve barely scratched the surface on what’s coming.


But yeah, keep blaming Corona.


I’ve said in many times, the bubble was in place and Corona was the pin.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 13:13:31

Armageddon wrote:I used my knowledge on what I saw what was coming and went all in on silver in late 2018 and bought when it hit the ridiculously low $14 per oz. So yes, I did put my money where my mouth was.


That wasn't the question I asked. I asked how the doom you claim is showering the world ( the stats you pimp being the "proof") had affected you.

Now, you are saying that the incessantly parroted market stats that you claim have caused dooms that never arrived for 15 years, was just a disguise for you being a common commodity trader?

Makes me feel all...dirty....having discovered you just pimp doomer porn as a hobby while being nothing more than a common market invester.

Armageddon wrote:SO, good for you.
I’m only up 150k to date. We’ve barely scratched the surface on what’s coming.
But yeah, keep blaming Corona.


Well good for you. I can't complain about my 401k.

Armageddon wrote:I’ve said in many times, the bubble was in place and Corona was the pin.


Well, this is something new. Did you make this claim BEFORE the pandemic started, or did you wait until it was obvious? :lol: Any link to the post where you said a pandemic was going to pull the pin on the economy? Before it happened of course. :lol:
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 13:30:27

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I used my knowledge on what I saw what was coming and went all in on silver in late 2018 and bought when it hit the ridiculously low $14 per oz. So yes, I did put my money where my mouth was.


That wasn't the question I asked. I asked how the doom you claim is showering the world ( the stats you pimp being the "proof") had affected you.

Now, you are saying that the incessantly parroted market stats that you claim have caused dooms that never arrived for 15 years, was just a disguise for you being a common commodity trader?

Makes me feel all...dirty....having discovered you just pimp doomer porn as a hobby while being nothing more than a common market invester.

Armageddon wrote:SO, good for you.
I’m only up 150k to date. We’ve barely scratched the surface on what’s coming.
But yeah, keep blaming Corona.


Well good for you. I can't complain about my 401k.

Armageddon wrote:I’ve said in many times, the bubble was in place and Corona was the pin.


Well, this is something new. Did you make this claim BEFORE the pandemic started, or did you wait until it was obvious? :lol: Any link to the post where you said a pandemic was going to pull the pin on the economy? Before it happened of course. :lol:




I said it early on, very early on. I said it before joe six pack even heard the word corona.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 13:54:21

If you go back and start reading my posts from mid to late December, you can see the economy was cratering. The were cutting GDP forecasts to near zero. This was pre-corona. All leading economic indicators were at 2008 lows. And this wasn’t just the US, the globe was crashing.


Then along comes Corona. How convenient.


I also said before Corona that we’ve never had 0% interest rates and 0% GDP prior to a recession simultaneously and we were entering uncharted waters.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 14:13:02

And yes, I’m still a firm believer in PO. Fracking and shale saved the day.... for now.


I’ve also said that I thought we’d never see the full effects of PO because the economy would long crash before PO set in. And here we are.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:24:15

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Armageddon May 20, 2005 wrote:]

After the world reaches PO, the decline starts, oil skyrockets, economies crumble (if not before), and the depression sets in. By 2010, civilization as we know will never be the same. Once an economic downturn starts, it cannot be turned around without cheap oil and cheap money and credit, which we will never see again.



Whoa, that sounds pretty accurate. The only thing I missed was the FED and central banks will print tens of trillions of dollars to stop the crash.


Interesting, the strength of your normalcy doom bias. From the person who claimed none of what happened next, could ever happen. Then it did. And after it did, your cognitive deficiency is so blinding you can't even comprehend your own claims on the matter.

Do you understand how faith based belief systems work?

+ 1
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:27:41

Armageddon wrote:If you go back and start reading my posts from mid to late December, you can see the economy was cratering. The were cutting GDP forecasts to near zero. This was pre-corona. All leading economic indicators were at 2008 lows. And this wasn’t just the US, the globe was crashing.


Then along comes Corona. How convenient.


I also said before Corona that we’ve never had 0% interest rates and 0% GDP prior to a recession simultaneously and we were entering uncharted waters.

Except that in the REAL WORLD, economists (those with actual skills and credentials, NOT YOU) were often saying the evidence (pre Coronavirus becoming a major thing) looked like the US economy was likely to get stronger.

And of course, the stock market through mid Feb. confirmed that. The same stock market that Armageddon is almost constantly WRONG about.

But of course, in Armageddon reality, ignore all data he doesn't believe in. LOL
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:30:42

Armageddon wrote:And yes, I’m still a firm believer in PO. Fracking and shale saved the day.... for now.


I’ve also said that I thought we’d never see the full effects of PO because the economy would long crash before PO set in. And here we are.

1). A setback to deal with COVID-19 is not a crash in terms of what you keep predicting, re a crash that obliterates the system. s
2). You NEVER predicted SQUAT re COVID-19 or anything CLOSE to that ahead of time, so your usual lying/BS indicator re your imagined track record remains intact.

Congrats. You'll have lots of admirers in the typical loony bin. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:31:42

There we go again. It’s all about the stock market.

That’s how the sheep are programmed. They are trained to look at the stock market as a gauge on how the economy is doing.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:37:39

Armageddon wrote:There we go again. It’s all about the stock market.

That’s how the sheep are programmed. They are trained to look at the stock market as a gauge on how the economy is doing.

As usual. Based on your track record and knowledge and truth telling and lack of distortion, I believe EVERYTHING YOU SAY. :lol:

Which is why you're on my ignore list, and generally only get into it with you when someone like AdamB quotes something stupid you say. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
User avatar
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB
 
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2009, 21:26:42

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:39:10

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Armageddon wrote:There we go again. It’s all about the stock market.

That’s how the sheep are programmed. They are trained to look at the stock market as a gauge on how the economy is doing.

As usual. Based on your track record and knowledge and truth telling and lack of distortion, I believe EVERYTHING YOU SAY. :lol:

Which is why you're on my ignore list, and generally only get into it with you when someone like AdamB quotes something stupid you say. :roll:




You are obsessed with me
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:44:40

Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:Well, this is something new. Did you make this claim BEFORE the pandemic started, or did you wait until it was obvious? :lol: Any link to the post where you said a pandemic was going to pull the pin on the economy? Before it happened of course. :lol:


I said it early on, very early on. I said it before joe six pack even heard the word corona.


I see. Not that you don't have some shred of credibility when compared to...say...StarvingPuutyTat, but could you provide a link to that? The last quote I provided was of you saying something would never happen, and after it did, and you were confronted with your own claim, you said it was highly accurate. The whole "never" part not appearing to bother your modern revisionist perspective.

So the details would seem to be pertinent here, is all.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 15:54:41

Let’s just sit back and keep watching. There’s not much more that can be said. Corona will be the culprit by the masses, even though many warned prior. There really is no way to change people’s minds on that matter. You’ll just have to live with the idea that a virus with a 99% survival rate brought down the worlds economy and it had nothing to do with central banks fiat system. Had nothing to do with the trillions they were printing since 2008 to keep the system on life support.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:03:50

Armageddon wrote:If you go back and start reading my posts from mid to late December, you can see the economy was cratering.

A) That certainly isn't a link to you saying that Corona would push the domestic or world economy into a tailspin, and B) the data for 4th quarter US GDP says no such thing.

You see why I need the actual link? When you read into things what you want to see, rather than what is written, well, let me just venture that it is unlikely you ever tried to get horseshit through the peer review process prior to publishing your scientific conclusions, right? Those folks spot this kind of stuff in nanoseconds!

Armageddon wrote:The were cutting GDP forecasts to near zero. This was pre-corona.


Lions and Tigers and Bears!!! You mean they were predicting...<gasp>...a recession!! After an unprecedented stint of growth!!! Whomever could have thunk it!!!

And this doesn't have anything to do with you providing a link to what you claimed BEFORE it happened, as opposed to your post-event Monday morning quarterbacking pretend you knew it in advance writings.

Armageddon wrote: All leading economic indicators were at 2008 lows. And this wasn’t just the US, the globe was crashing.


Sounds pretty bad. Are these the same indicators you've been using to claim that doom and gloom is just (always) over the horizon since you didn't get your Rapture event in 2008? 12 years of waiting for the broken clock routine to kick in is a pain, I understand, but I need the contemporaneous words.

Armageddon wrote:I also said before Corona that we’ve never had 0% interest rates and 0% GDP prior to a recession simultaneously and we were entering uncharted waters.


You keep saying "I said before", all we need is the link to that Armie. If you said it prior to it happening, there is no need for you to say it again. A link is all.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:12:15

Armageddon wrote:And yes, I’m still a firm believer in PO. Fracking and shale saved the day.... for now.


You are more than a believer. You might have been promoted to Deacon in the church, based on your past claims and current adherence to dogma. Much like market crashes that never happened, or market crashes that did happen and the US and world weren't supposed to recover from (and then did), you proclaimed peak oil a done deal as well. A long time ago.

If you are talking about the only axiomatic aspect of Hubbert's definition I would agree with you. The beauty of the axiomatic part. But that was never the angle you argued, you fell for whatever horseshit you were fed, hook, line and sinker..referencing Alex Jones as one of your information sources along the way.

Armageddon wrote:I’ve also said that I thought we’d never see the full effects of PO because the economy would long crash before PO set in. And here we are.


You've been saying the same things for 15 years now Armie. I've quoted you often. And all the things you JUST said, were the same ones you said LAST time you claimed it was happening.

Image
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:26:54

Outcast_Searcher wrote:But of course, in Armageddon reality, ignore all data he doesn't believe in. LOL


It is worse than that. When confronted with his own words saying something CAN'T happen, and confronted with it after it DID happen, his first comment is how accurate he was.

This type of disconnect from reality is difficult to explain without speculating on...you know....underlying issues?

Image
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:27:35

I don’t think these guys realize how much debt we’ve amassed over the past decade to halt the crash. They act like debt is not real and it’s sustainable. I just don’t understand their way of thinking.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:39:34

Armageddon wrote:Let’s just sit back and keep watching.


We did that already. The progress of time tested every half baked claim you made about PO, the end of the world by 2010, the US draft, just about every talking point Alex Jones ever fed you.

History has recorded the "accuracy" of your every economic, oil, and social consequences claim.

You suck at it. The sheer win/loss bias you have achieved means that rolling dice to determine an outcome has a higher likelihood of being right, than you do.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
User avatar
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015, 17:10:26

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 16

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 01 Aug 2020, 16:54:39

Ok, you guys win. Debts and deficits don’t matter. We’ll keep on printing trillions for all of eternity.
User avatar
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Wed 13 Apr 2005, 03:00:00
Location: St.Louis, Mo

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

cron