Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

China is finished... This is the End of China

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: China is finished... This is the End of China

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 12 Jun 2020, 09:02:30

I am very anti China when I hear how they still promote the animal trade. Almost the same feeling I have when I hear of Japan's whale trade. What does the USA do that is similar? Drill for oil in the Arctic, I guess. They're all the same. Money grubbing, ecocidal empires. Nothing new.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 15:18:40

jedrider wrote:I am very anti China when I hear how they still promote the animal trade. Almost the same feeling I have when I hear of Japan's whale trade. What does the USA do that is similar? Drill for oil in the Arctic, I guess. They're all the same. Money grubbing, ecocidal empires. Nothing new.

Human hubris is universal among all races, nations, language and ethnic groups across all continents from the tropics to the coldest higher latitudes. One of the very few attributes which unites us all.

Kudzu Apes strive so hard for unity not realizing that in regards to hubris toward our mother earth we are one big happy, united and harmonious family.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 16:25:24

jedrider wrote:I am very anti China when I hear how they still promote the animal trade. Almost the same feeling I have when I hear of Japan's whale trade. What does the USA do that is similar? Drill for oil in the Arctic, I guess. They're all the same. Money grubbing, ecocidal empires. Nothing new.

I can relate to that 100%. I am very, very, very anti humanity when I see what we have done to this planet. If you think that your country (whatever country that is) is better than China you are being intellectually dishonest; I hope you don't. The US Army Corps of Engineers purposefully blew up the Florida Reef, which used to be the second largest tropical coral reef in the world, just to facilitate ship traffic. The Florida Reef barely survives today; it is a cemetery.

Even my own, tiny, thoroughly insignificant country, Uruguay, has been raping its nature for centuries. Nobody is without fault. I witnessed the destruction of its riparian forests to barbecue beef and the obliteration of its coastal sand dunes ecosystems to build beach houses during my childhood and adolescence. It is one of the reasons I left my country looking for a better society to live in. Now I know such a thing does not exist.

We are the most aggressive, violent, and destructive animal species that has ever existed on this planet. Once I understood this, I refrained from producing biological offspring and sterilized myself. That was the smartest thing I did in my life. Bringing a child to this world at this point in time is completely insane.
Only Americans can hurt America.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby REAL Green » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 18:58:13

JuanP wrote:

I can relate to that 100%. I am very, very, very anti humanity when I see what we have done to this planet.

Yet, you live in Miami Beach one of the most destuctive urban areas in the world. If you cared about Nature you would not be living there!

JuanP wrote:We are the most aggressive, violent, and destructive animal species that has ever existed on this planet. Once I understood this, I refrained from producing biological offspring and sterilized myself. That was the smartest thing I did in my life. Bringing a child to this world at this point in time is completely insane.

Humanity thanks you JuanP. The world does not need more people who live like you do.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 21:39:54

When I said that China and The US are selling the same thing the American Dream, what we shouldnt fail to realise is that China makes those products and makes a profit of every purchase including in the US.
Its a symbiotic relationship between capitalism, the consumer society,Capitalists chasing the cheapest price to maximise profit and consumers being able to sate their urge for bling on a minimum wage.

To try and slay this dragon would inflict massive pain to every corner of society globally
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Sun 14 Jun 2020, 19:15:14

"How Huawei can work around US chip ban"
https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/how-huawe ... -chip-ban/

The big question is how many chips does Huawei actually have in its warehouses. This article claims they have 18 months worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had more in secret. Right now they are buying every chip they can all over the world. I believe the USA shot itself in the foot once more with this semiconductor sale ban to China. The Chinese will now prioritize the manufacturing of semiconductors and semiconductor manufacturing equipment and build a full supply chain in less than 4 years, IMO. That was a really stupid move on Trump's part. The USA will lose its leading position in this industry as a consequence.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 15 Jun 2020, 01:35:26

End game: Crushing the Nation-State or subvert/weaken it. The EU, the international organizations like the WHO, WTO. IMF, BIS, WORLD BANK etc were put in place to weaken national sovereignty. And so the Nation State crumbles as its economic foundations crumble. The worldwide lockdown was sbout crushing the productive economies of the world. The exacerbation of racial tensions is about putting societies into a chaotic crisis mode. And the release of pathogens toxins is about weakening and debilitating people healthwise to make them docile and easy to eliminate or control. Bottom line to make the masses helpless and totally reliant on the State. In this case One World Gov.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby shortonoil » Mon 15 Jun 2020, 07:30:54

End game: Crushing the Nation-State or subvert/weaken it. The EU, the international organizations like the WHO, WTO. IMF, BIS, WORLD BANK etc were put in place to weaken national sovereignty. And so the Nation State crumbles as its economic foundations crumble. The worldwide lockdown was sbout crushing the productive economies of the world. The exacerbation of racial tensions is about putting societies into a chaotic crisis mode. And the release of pathogens toxins is about weakening and debilitating people healthwise to make them docile and easy to eliminate or control. Bottom line to make the masses helpless and totally reliant on the State. In this case One World Gov.

It was the inevitable conclusion to the final mass extinction of Earth's large primates. A genetically homogenous population is an evolutionary dead end. Destroying what little genetic diversity that humans still retain eliminates the species. The ability to develop technology by this species was just another of Natures failed experiments. A one world government will be a failure beyond our ability to comprehend.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 15 Jun 2020, 09:43:19

shortonoil wrote:

It was the inevitable conclusion to the final mass extinction of Earth's large primates. A genetically homogenous population is an evolutionary dead end. Destroying what little genetic diversity that humans still retain eliminates the species. The ability to develop technology by this species was just another of Natures failed experiments. A one world government will be a failure beyond our ability to comprehend.

Yes, it is humotous thst the elite somehow fathom that they will somehow be the winners in all this. A degraded poisonous planetary environment with no economic vitality or coherence. Being the last man standing actually is NOT very attractive at all
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby JuanP » Thu 18 Jun 2020, 19:27:29

"Huawei outpaces rivals with chip sanctions ploy"
https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/huawei-ou ... ions-ploy/

I think the semiconductor manufacturing competition is one of the most important aspects of the US war against China. I expect China to win both this battle and the war, and will keep posting links about it here.

"US leads a coalition of one against China"
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... nst-china/

While I don't expect China to attack Taiwan yet, unless provoked, would any country in the world support the USA in a war against China over Taiwan? And what could Australia, Canada, or the UK really do about it militarily? Not much at all, IMO.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby dissident » Fri 19 Jun 2020, 12:26:50

The US and its minions have another thing coming if they think they have a monopoly on human intelligence. China's chip foundries have been advancing rapidly over the last 15 years and China does not need to invade Taiwan to produce high density ICs.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/2 ... production

With 14 nm lithography there is absolutely no problem with cell phone production and even CPU production. Huawei has its own ARM variant that can be produced competitively on this process.

https://www.huawei.com/en/news/2019/1/h ... -based-cpu

This 7 nm ARM variant can be scaled back to 14 nm by reducing the number of cores. And this is not some sort of show stopper for China and a triumph for the self-anointed masters of universe in Washington. SMIC will move to 7 nm production sooner rather than later. This transition has been in the pipeline since before the sanctions.

The Chinese are smart, they did not assume that buying off shore high tech was the long term winning strategy. They have been acquiring full spectrum technology for decades. So you can bet your last worthless American cent that SMIC will have all the necessary production line equipment made in China. As with Russia, sanctions are a wonderful stimulus for import substitution. Only losers like Obummer and McSh*tstain (dearly departed) would assume that sanctions are effective on advanced societies with a critical mass of domestic demand and competent scientific and engineering base.

Look after your own problems first you f*cking imperalist wannabes.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mousepad » Fri 19 Jun 2020, 13:12:08

dissident wrote:This 7 nm ARM variant can be scaled back to 14 nm by reducing the number of cores.

Or they can use the good old 4004. It's probably enough for most daily computing needs.
https://4004.com/assets/redrawn-4004-sc ... -11-12.pdf

Just look at the schematics of this thing. All transistors. Not even gates. And forget about RTL.
Some real engineering!
mousepad
Peat
Peat

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 19 Jun 2020, 13:46:32

In 2018, China bought US$2.135 trillion worth of imported products gaining 9% since 2014 and up by 15.8% from 2017 to 2018.

http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/t ... ports.html

China is dong a bang up job of replacing Western technology. At this rate in a decade nothing will be made in China; except copsticks.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 19 Jun 2020, 16:20:59

jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 06:08:50

"Chinese economic activity picks up despite global Coronavirus uncertainty"
https://www.rt.com/business/493313-chin ... ronavirus/

"The official manufacturing purchasing managers’ index (PMI) for the country’s manufacturing sector rose to 50.9 in June, up from 50.6 in May, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said on Tuesday."

"Data released on Tuesday also shows that another indicator of economic health, the official non-manufacturing PMI, came in at 54.4 in June, gaining 0.8 percent in one month. The figure has been rising for four consecutive months, but in June it posted the fastest growth since last November."
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 06:56:23

JuanP wrote:"Chinese economic activity picks up despite global Coronavirus uncertainty"

You have to divide what comes out of China and JuanP by Pi to get closer to the truth. This is just how it is with those so obsessed with appearances:

“China Manufacturing Employment Contracts, Demand Disappoints Despite Headline PMIs Beat”
https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/chi ... -pmis-beat

“In a sign that China's massive stimulus injections as the nation reopens are working, tonight's PMIs both rose from May and beat expectations. The government's official Manufacturing PMI rose from 50.6 to 50.9 (beating expectations of 50.5) The government's official Services PMI rose from 53.6 to 54.4 (beating expectations of 53.6) However, as Bloomberg report, while parts of the economy have recovered from the virus shutdowns, there’s an apparent divergence between demand and supply - factories and companies have returned and output is growing again, but exports and domestic retail sales are shrinking (and manufacturing employment fell back into contraction at 49.1). “While work restart levels are high, the recovery of demand has been slow, weighing on the pace of improvement in industrial production,” Lu Zhengwei, chief economist at Industrial Bank Co in Shanghai, wrote in a report this week. Additionally, a separate PMI indicator that gauges China’s high-tech industries slowed significantly this month. The Emerging Industries Purchasing Managers’ index fell to 51.4 this month from 55.9 in May, according to the bank, citing a research firm connected to the Federation of Logistics & Purchasing that compiled the data. “The new export orders sub-index remained low at 32.6 in June, unchanged from May and April, suggesting sustained headwinds from overseas markets,” Nomura economists led by Lu Ting wrote in a report.”
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Coal
Coal

Unread postby dirtyharry » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 07:16:36

Guys,the world will re-open but will never restart . There is not enough juice left in the fuel tank . The music is playing but the party is over .Enjoy it while it lasts .
dirtyharry
Peat
Peat

Unread postby dirtyharry » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 07:25:16

See my earlier posts where I have said that the CCP will have to spend a lot of money on new health infrastructure because they know that a new virus is lurking in the shadows .Well here it comes .
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... rges-china
Best of luck .
dirtyharry
Peat
Peat

Unread postby REAL Green » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 07:44:13

dirtyharry wrote:Guys,the world will re-open but will never restart . There is not enough juice left in the fuel tank . The music is playing but the party is over .Enjoy it while it lasts .

That's my view too. This is a process though, with inertia. There will be a surreal of normality decay away to a new normal. I don't think any of us really know yet what that will be but it will likely not be the status quo in 5 years. How bad the drop depends on unknowns lurking within the integrity of the global system. This is a complex self organizing system with complicated nodes of networks and systems. These complexities will decay with abandonment, dysfunction, and irrational. Some places will grow to fill the new opportunities but many will fail. Buckle up the ride will get exciting sooner than we care to think.
realgreenadaptation.blog
REAL Green
Coal
Coal

Unread postby JuanP » Tue 30 Jun 2020, 15:42:53

"Chinese economy may have grown as much as 3% in Q2, no huge monetary stimulus seen."
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1193107.shtml
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance