Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Coronavirus biowar US-China prelude war Pt. 4

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Coronavirus biowar US-China prelude war Pt. 4

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 21 May 2020, 10:18:49

Outcast_Searcher wrote:So the truth hurts?

I don't like Biden either but I don't bang the name off my keyboard 20 times every post the way Plant does. One track minds are terribly boring and only produce OT noise.

Yoshua wrote: Vaccines are for OS and Ash.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 21 May 2020, 11:03:38

asg70 wrote: ....One track minds are terribly boring and only produce OT noise.

Thank you for demonstrating this so clearly yourself :P :lol: :-D :roll:

Cheers!
The lack of speed has to go faster---Joe Biden
I will defeat Joe Biden---Joe Biden
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby C8 » Thu 21 May 2020, 12:50:21

Yoshua wrote:Thx Shorty

I just have mild symptoms: some fever sometimes and a running nose in the mornings.

My immune system fights the virus down, but for reason it always returns.

I will try vitamins. Having a strong immune system is the real cure.

Vaccines are for OS and Ash.

May I ask, generally, what age group your in? The immune system does weaken a bit with age- just like all our parts! :cry:

I too have relied on my immune system all my life and it has really worked well. But i wonder if it is kept in better shape by being used and tested or reserved and fresh. I would be interested in what your experience has been.
C8
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Yoshua » Thu 21 May 2020, 16:45:14

I'm 51 and I smoke and drink too much. So I'm not the healthiest around.

I usually come down with the flu every year. My immune system is up to date.

I have mild symptoms. The virus doesn't feel like a killer...but my immune system hasn't managed to kill the virus either.

The mortality rate in the U.S is the same as it has been the last two years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYj4UgCXsAA ... me=900x900
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby REAL Green » Fri 22 May 2020, 05:44:21

"Scientists Claim 'Medicinal Cannabis' Could Help Fight COVID-19"
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... t-covid-19

"Specifically, the researchers at the University of Lethbridge suspect that certain anti-inflammatory high-CBD cannabis extracts can help modulate the levels of the receptors in the mouth, lungs and intestinal cells, areas that are among the most vulnerable for coronavirus infection. Previous research has shown that some of these strains can "modulate" the activity of a receptor known as "ACE2", which other researchers have shown might be a critical gateway for the virus."
REAL Green
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 22 May 2020, 06:40:28

Yoshua said: The mortality rate in the U.S is the same as it has been the last two years.

I have read estimates that the Kung Flu Hoax will cost the world's economies $82 trillion. There is no way that we can ever overcome a lose of that magnitude. It is extremely doubtful that the world has the fossil fuel reserves remaining to power the recovery. There is also no way that a SNAFU of this magnitude happened by accident! Unless we find the culprits involved we are just waiting around for the second shoe to drop. Whomever, or what ever is behind this has an uncanny understanding of human psychology. We were played like a 2 dollar fiddle.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 22 May 2020, 08:50:33

C8 wrote:I too have relied on my immune system

You don't even understand how vaccines work. Vaccines do not replace the immune system. They stimulate an immune response. So your immune system is still being used.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaccine ... e&ie=UTF-8

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 22 May 2020, 09:17:29

asg70 wrote:

You don't even understand how vaccines work. Vaccines do not replace the immune system. They stimulate an immune response. So your immune system is still being used.

Your both correct actually. If you maintain your health and maintain your immune system and have good nutrition the chances of you getting seriously ill because of Covid19 is practically non existent. That is where C8 is right.

If you have a compromised immune system due to age or sickness then you would greatly benefit from a vaccine to help stimulate an immune response and thus reduce the risk of dying from Covid19. That is where you are right.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 22 May 2020, 11:01:20

If C8 absorbs a large "viral load" with zero COVID antibodies he won't fare well compared to someone who has taken a hypothetical vaccine. That would be likely if he goes to some indoor event and is in close contact with someone who has COVID (and probably isn't symptomatic) for an extended period of time, something highly likely when the country opens back up and people party like it's 1999. He's welcome to test that theory out himself if he likes.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 22 May 2020, 12:34:33

asg70 wrote:If C8 absorbs a large "viral load" with zero COVID antibodies he won't fare well compared to someone who has taken a hypothetical vaccine. That would be likely if he goes to some indoor event and is in close contact with someone who has COVID (and probably isn't symptomatic) for an extended period of time, something highly likely when the country opens back up and people party like it's 1999. He's welcome to test that theory out himself if he likes.

While that is true it is statistically irrelevant as a justification for social distancing. Increase viral load increases risk but the numbers are still miniscule if you are young and healthy,.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby evilgenius » Fri 22 May 2020, 14:19:22

I don't think you can predict ahead of time whether someone's immune system will engage in a cytokine storm. It's easy to say that old people will get it worse. Certainly, those with compromised immune systems seem more vulnerable. But this virus does something very interesting. It kills those with the best immune systems. It uses the immune system against a person, by engaging it in a cytokine storm. Saying that a young person has it easy is not true. It's like volunteering to let William Tell shoot an apple off the top of your head. He was pretty good at that, and did do it, but I bet it still wasn't fun to get shot at.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby C8 » Fri 22 May 2020, 15:17:56

asg70 wrote:

i have no idea where you got this from. I understand completely how vaccines work and never said vaccines replace the immune system- can you point to where I did? (Do you work for CNN by chance?)
C8
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 22 May 2020, 15:32:56

C8 wrote:I understand completely how vaccines work and never said vaccines replace the immune system

Then what do you have against vaccines?

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 22 May 2020, 17:19:32

Yoshua wrote:Vaccines are for OS and Ash.

Ah, you're so credible. As always. :roll:

Let's pretend that there isn't TREMENDOUS interest / desire for effective vaccines for this global epidemic ASAP (I'll cite the MSM, virtually EVERY week, with the NYT as my first COVID-19 news source).

So are you an anti-vaxxer too?

By the way, since you were discussing the immune system, in the real world, vitamin D is key there, and it is VERY common for people to be deficient, often due to not getting enough sunlight. I know this because I was in that boat, re family history and my dermagologist having me avoid direct sun exposure almost like a vampire -- thus my doctor recommending daily vitamin D pills, since it's not easy to get it from diet if you don't drink milk.

So a balanced diet heavy on the vegetables, avoiding alcohol, especially too much alcohol, getting plenty of sleep and exercise, and you're pretty much covered, if you're healthy, from articles I've read on this since COVID-19 took off. Megadosing on vitamins generally, including vitamin C is widely disputed and does have health risks, such as kidney stones for too much vitamin C.

I hope you feel better soon and don't pass it on to the family.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 22 May 2020, 17:26:41

Ibon wrote:
asg70 wrote:If C8 absorbs a large "viral load" with zero COVID antibodies he won't fare well compared to someone who has taken a hypothetical vaccine. That would be likely if he goes to some indoor event and is in close contact with someone who has COVID (and probably isn't symptomatic) for an extended period of time, something highly likely when the country opens back up and people party like it's 1999. He's welcome to test that theory out himself if he likes.

While that is true it is statistically irrelevant as a justification for social distancing. Increase viral load increases risk but the numbers are still miniscule if you are young and healthy,.

Despite Ibon's delusion that millions of cases (and counting) -- since only a relatively small percentage of the cases are counted, re too little testing and antibody sampling and hundreds of thousands of deaths (likely under-counted) and counting is "miniscule", yes ASG, sadly, we have a HUGE, dangerous set of various experiments going on with all the opening in the US states and globally.

Clearly, re objective reality re cases and trends, many experts, etc. much of that won't work out well at all, since unlike China, most places don't seriously DEAL with it when it gets out of hand, re true quarantines, lots of testing, etc.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 22 May 2020, 17:50:26

There have already been isolated cases like church gatherings and birthday parties where people were in close proximity for an extended period of time leading to multiple deaths, and I don't think those who died were 90+ on death's door either. The kinds of behaviors you're likely to see from alt-right knuckle-draggers who are going bonkers with cabin fever are going to be exactly the sort to lead to these high viral load episodes. I'm NOT talking about carefully going out to a restaurant at half capacity and washing your hands every 5 minutes. I'm talking about bars and clubbing and sporting events. It's gonna happen. People are going to be cocky and defiant and not wear masks and all but ask for trouble--and they're gonna find it.

Much has been said about the hubris of homo sapiens in doomer parts and it's kind of funny to see this reverse logic at play where our response to COVID should be to downplay and slough off the risks and not make any adaptations whatsoever. I just find the whole thing baffling that in the same breath this can be the party line while simultaneously talking about how we should all prep for the malthusian die-off just over the next corner.

The only way to reconcile this is that some people just want to always run against the grain. If society is zigging, they MUST zag, just for the sake of being non-conformist.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

HALL OF SHAME:
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 22 May 2020, 19:09:31

asg70 wrote:The only way to reconcile this is that some people just want to always run against the grain. If society is zigging, they MUST zag, just for the sake of being non-conformist.

That's a great observation. Unfortunately for them, as it has for many decades, science exists, and relies on facts. And science is highly successful, despite its flaws. And whether doomers like it or not, facts exist, and are reported by sources like the MSM, without tinfoil hat required conspiracy theories.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 24 May 2020, 07:12:02

C8 said: i have no idea where you got this from. I understand completely how vaccines work and never said vaccines replace the immune system- can you point to where I did? (Do you work for CNN by chance?)

When someone was born to be a menace to the human race it not necessary to have objective facts. Subjective, and annoying accusations are more than sufficient.

Thimerosal is the mercury-based preservative used in most vaccines. Although it is has been promoted by the industry as totally safe, LD 50 studies of the compound show it to be very toxic. Its long term impact on the immune system has not been fully investigated, that I know of. Therefore, it might be a prudent decision to not have it injected it into the body if possible. People with MS say that vaccinations can produce an attack of their disease.

If the pharmaceutical industry was selling cars, rather than drugs, a 1956 Edsel would likely have been promoted as the safest auto ever built.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby diemos » Sun 24 May 2020, 09:37:01

shortonoil wrote:Thimerosal is the mercury-based preservative used in most vaccines.

Thimerosol is a mercury-based preservative that has been removed from almost all vaccines to try to quell unfounded panic.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/conce ... /faqs.html
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 24 May 2020, 15:05:24

diemos said:
Thimerosol is a mercury-based preservative that has been removed from almost all vaccines to try to quell unfounded panic.

An absolute falsehood, that looks to be intentional, or the author can't read (which must remain a possibility).

"No. Thimerosal hasn’t been used in vaccines for children since 2001.
However, thimerosal is still used in some flu vaccines. Yearly flu vaccines are recommended for all children.  If you are worried about thimerosal, you can ask for a flu vaccine without it."

For CHILDREN. And get your kid vaccinated for the flue. Right. Otherwise they may develop natural immunities, and might not need our vaccine in the future, and you may have to live with a bitchy kid for up to 3 days.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/conce ... /faqs.html
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance