Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 14

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby GHung » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 10:35:29

Cog wrote:.......

You need to pick your battles. Are you claiming that a Democrat president would have handled this better than a Republican one? Because when Trump ordered the immediate cessation of direct flights from China, he was accused of being a racist by the Democrat party leadership? Do you think a Democrat would have ordered that or not?

All I claimed is that Trump was largely elected by trailer trash. You can't even build a good strawman.

It's entertaining how much power you give democrats; seeing one behind every tree. It's evident they haunt your dreams.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 10:39:54

Cog is a proven liar and his words are worthless.
Only Americans can hurt America.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby GHung » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 10:43:14

JuanP wrote:Cog is a proven liar and his words are worthless.

C'mon, Juan, the site just wouldn't be the same without him :razz:
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:10:33

GHung wrote:

You need to pick your battles. Are you claiming that a Democrat president would have handled this better than a Republican one? Because when Trump ordered the immediate cessation of direct flights from China, he was accused of being a racist by the Democrat party leadership? Do you think a Democrat would have ordered that or not?

All I claimed is that Trump was largely elected by trailer trash. You can't even build a good strawman.

It's entertaining how much power you give democrats; seeing one behind every tree. It's evident they haunt your dreams.

Have you done the demographics on who voted for Trump as opposed to those who voted for Hillary Clinton? I have and the results are not what you are thinking.

But I know. Orange Man Bad is your argument. But can you put any weight behind that argument is the question.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:12:56

JuanP wrote:Cog is a proven liar and his words are worthless.

Glad you are here. If nothing else the comic relief of a CIA conspiracy. What are your views about 911 and moon landings? Cause I think I know how this will go. :lol:
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:14:11

Cog wrote:
GHung wrote:

Have you done the demographics on who voted for Trump as opposed to those who voted for Hillary Clinton? I have and the results are not what you are thinking.

But I know. Orange Man Bad is your argument. But can you put any weight behind that argument is the question.

Cog is a proven liar and everything he says needs to be read with that in mind.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:17:23

Proven liar=Anti-Communist

Yes I admit to not embracing communism. I'm guilty Oh Lord and have sinned. :lol:
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:38:20

Cog wrote:Proven liar=Anti-Communist

Yes I admit to not embracing communism. I'm guilty Oh Lord and have sinned. :lol:

No, a proven liar is someone like you who was caught lying and is incapable of admitting it, and attacks the person that proved him a liar because you CAN'T prove that my claim is not the truth. In other words, you are a liar! I got no fucking idea what your communist shit is about. Whatever that was had nothing to do with me proving you a liar.

If you were a better man, and not a liar, you would admit that you falsely accused me of saying things I didn't and move on, but I guess you can't, liar, can you?
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dolanbaker » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 11:45:22

Cog wrote:Comparing USA outcomes to Italy and Spain is flawed thinking. Those two countries are basically the trailer park countries of the EU.

The two areas most affected in Italy & Spain are actually the most prosperous regions of both countries, i bit like if California & New York are in the US.
So when those regions are affected to the same extent as the North of Italy & central Spain then you can compare like for like.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.:Anonymous
Our whole economy is based on planned obsolescence.
Planned obsolescence, one of the largest contributors to the man made element of climate change, but the one least discussed: dolanbaker
dolanbaker
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:24:42

dolanbaker wrote:
Cog wrote:Comparing USA outcomes to Italy and Spain is flawed thinking. Those two countries are basically the trailer park countries of the EU.

The two areas most affected in Italy & Spain are actually the most prosperous regions of both countries, i bit like if California & New York are in the US.
So when those regions are affected to the same extent as the North of Italy & central Spain then you can compare like for like.

Italy's healthcare system is the second best in the world. The USA's is far behind.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:33:05

The world belongs to those 80% with mild symptoms. If you get sick: stay at home.

The global economy was tanking before the virus, now they will kill it with lockdowns.

Let's get through this pandemic... kicking and screaming.

The world's response to COVID-2019 is completely irrational. It is completely, totally insane. Influenza, alone, has killed more people in the US this year than COVID-2019 has in the entire WORLD (19,752 World vs 22,000 US). Where are the $trillion bail outs for the common flu, the national lock downs against the growing pandemic of chest congestions, the hazmat suited Presidents against the common cold? In essences we are a society that has lost it! We have become a society of Don Quixotes chasing hallucinations, and imaginary foe.

"Now look, your grace," said Sancho, "what you see over there aren't giants, but windmills, and what seems to be arms are just their sails, that go around in the wind and turn the millstone." "Obviously," replied Don Quijote, "you don't know much about adventures.” ― Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote"

We are at day 39 of the viral outbreak, and the increase in new cases is now declining rapidly. By day 70, or one month, that rate will have fallen to zero. The virus will have then lost its main transmission capability, that being the the new host who is not yet displaying symptoms. In the end, 2.2 million people will have contracted the virus, or 0.03% of the world's total population. More people will have contracted liver cancer over the short time the virus was here.

Humans began as an arboreal primate with the ability to advance their technology. A technology that has now shorted out their circuits. We are de-evolving into a tribe of bored lunatics pursuing imagined banshee in the night time jungle forest. We are losing the ability to comprehend reality. When a real crisis strikes, we won't be able to handle it!

The evaluation of an epidemiologist is that this will not be a disaster. Our overwhelming desire to play a part in a grade B monster movie will turn out otherwise.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-nobel-laurea ... 18391.html
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:37:14

they are also places where in population centers people are crammed into relatively close quarters.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:39:17

JuanP wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:

Italy's healthcare system is the second best in the world. The USA's is far behind.

Look at the CFR between the USA and Spain and Italy right now. There is no comparison. You do know what CFR means right? After all you are the expert in this CIA created virus since you claim to be.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 12:42:26

rockdoc123 wrote:

they are also places where in population centers people are crammed into relatively close quarters.

rockdoc123 I've tried to explain population density, health care system differences, and a whole host of differences between those countries and the USA/Canada but to no avail. They WANT the USA to crash and burn, along with capitalism, and you really can't convince them otherwise. I only respond to them now out of pure entertainment. They can't be informed, only ridiculed. Much like Juan and his CIA virus meme.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 14:21:11

Greatest Depression Has Already Started", Celente Warns
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ente-warns

This is not the 2009 Swine Flu that killed 20,000, and infected 67 million in just the US. The COVID-2019 strain has killed less than 1%, and infected less than 1%, of Swine Flu cases just a decade ago. This is a hoax, and the media knows that selling horror movies is a good business. Like I mentioned a few days ago, if you have gold - hide it. This is all going down, and when things go down governments grab all the money.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 22:39:48

The Cheesecake Factory tells landlords it will not be paying rents on April 1 trib.al/vSgSdam

I’d imagine this is going to be the norm everywhere.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 22:43:57

Fed To Print $125 Billion EACH DAY

More in a week than the entire QE2.

We were already at 1.3 trillion deficit last year and were on pace to top that this year. This was pre- Corona. They just passed a 6 trillion stimulus. With tax receipts falling off a cliff, we could see an 8+ trillion budget deficit this year. That’s why I’ve always said QE to infinity is coming. It’s here.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 03:00:54

Armageddon wrote:The Cheesecake Factory tells landlords it will not be paying rents on April 1 trib.al/vSgSdam

I’d imagine this is going to be the norm everywhere.

Yup. When it became clear it was going to be OK not to pay rent, I noticed things like apartment REITs which had been holding up fairly well, suddenly crashing as investors realized where that was going.

I'm all for helping people who actually need it, like helping poor people who are suddenly unemployed get food, and helping them pay their rent (not stiffing the landlords with no consequences).

However, why do:

1). Retirees making $75,000, including SSI and medicare need checks from the government? They have a reasonable income, they haven't lost their jobs, nor their SSI, nor their medicare, and yet liberal politicians want them to get their checks?

2). Why do people who aren't losing their jobs need a check. Their incomes aren't changing?

3). Why should many companies, including large companies, which didn't have cash reserves get big bailouts? If this went on for several quarters, maybe. But recessions, including deep recessions happen. Giant corporations and even medium sized businesses with many years of experience know this and SHOULD be able to plan a bit and handle downturns for awhile.

If we'd focus on helping the poor people and small businesses that actually have a valid REASON to need some help, we could help them for far longer if necessary, and without piling up nearly as much debt.

Oh, and if we weren't passing out checks left and right like it were going out of style, perhaps we could be doing a far better job re helping the medical community prepare to deal with the major case onslaught that is clearly coming, so there's that too.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Yoshua » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 05:54:57

Global industrial production and trade where tanking last year. The repo market blew up. The central banks around the world were cutting rates and doing QE.

There were protest and riots around the world as economies no longer could provide for people's basic needs.

Today the governments and central banks are basically taking control of the entire economy in each nation, while people are locked up, in quarantine because of the common flu.

The bat flu...the Wuhan flu...the military lab virus...the killer virus...

Never underestimate the government.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 06:10:16

Why judge people for getting economic help? What are they going to do with the money that could be wrong? Will some get ahead? Isn't it like pointing out welfare queens to criticize the stimulus package, in the sense that welfare queens were never so prevalent that they meant that something was wrong with the very idea of welfare? The stimulus just points out the non-static nature of the markets. Prices are set in time by supply and demand. They aren't set across cultural understanding. Without some sort of moratorium on payments owed across the board, people will need the stimulus money. Instead of being jealous of how much others get, we should just pay our bills and do the best we can with the rest. Let's hope it's enough.

Don't forget, it was non-payment of subprime loan obligations that sent us into the last economic crisis. Non-payment of scheduled obligations could do that again. Such a thing would shrink the money supply and endanger the activities that the Fed and others have been engaged in to stimulate the economy. When we deny the poorest, we deny the power of the poor to wreak economic havoc. But they wrought such havoc only recently, in 2008.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance