Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Coronavirus biowar US-China prelude war Pt.3

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Coronavirus biowar US-China prelude war Pt.3

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 14:58:28

Why no link? When I google "singapore lock down", I expect to see LOTS of recent big headlines, given the gravity of this. Same thng for "singapore quarantine".

I spoke with someone from Singapore today. Apparently the sudden upsurge in new cases is all people returning to Singapore from elsewhere. They caught all of them at the airport because of the really good screening they do there and they have all been tossed into quarantine. Meanwhile in North America people returning from overseas get a pamphlet and are "requested" to self-quarantine and there is no policing to confirm whether they did or didn't.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 16:33:28

rockdoc123 wrote:
Why no link? When I google "singapore lock down", I expect to see LOTS of recent big headlines, given the gravity of this. Same thng for "singapore quarantine".

I spoke with someone from Singapore today. Apparently the sudden upsurge in new cases is all people returning to Singapore from elsewhere. They caught all of them at the airport because of the really good screening they do there and they have all been tossed into quarantine. Meanwhile in North America people returning from overseas get a pamphlet and are "requested" to self-quarantine and there is no policing to confirm whether they did or didn't.

Great information, rock. Thank you.

That sounds consistent with all I've read re the difference between how Singapore has handled this all along vs. the US which has mostly not handled it at all, and at BEST is half-assed handling it.

To be fair, the relatively recent experiences of SARS and MERS in their face or area have provided a lot of INCENTIVE for Singapore to be dramatically better prepared.

And that behavior re visitors sounds rather consistent with what China has been doing, vs. articles I've read in the past week. Same for most new cases coming from travelers.

... One wonders how bad things would have to get (or how much testing must be available) to get the US to do the common sense thing and actually quarantine sick people AWAY from well people.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby JuanP » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 19:44:55

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
JuanP wrote:Jed, thanks for that link. I have always said that it is unlikely that this virus was genetically manipulated. That would be almost impossible to hide.

"US urged to release health info on military athletes who came to Wuhan in October"
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183658.shtml

The plot thickens! I have seen no evidence so far to disprove the possibility that this thing started in the USA (or anywhere else) or that it was started by the USA. I have also seen no evidence to prove that this started in China or was started by the Chinese. We will probably never know the truth about what happened.

And of course, by that standard, clowns like you can claim ANYTHING is the truth.

Good to know that all conspiracy theories everywhere are true, because some people believe in them.

Maybe the earth being flat caused COVID-19. Or the faked moon landings. Or Kennedy being shot by a gigantic purple badger. :roll:

If I have made a claim that was a lie please quote it, OS. Thanks!
Only Americans can hurt America.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 20:44:19

12 Experts Question The COVID-19 Panic

Below is our list of twelve medical experts whose opinions on the Coronavirus outbreak contradict the official narratives of the MSM, and the memes so prevalent on social media

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... d-19-panic

If it looks like a dead fish, smells like a dead fish, and tastes like a dead fish there should be no doubt in your mind that it is a dead fish. It's hoax.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby diemos » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 21:06:11

Wow. That's not even wrong.

In the SIR model;
S = Susceptible
I = Infected
R = Resolved (recovered or dead)

It's R that follows the logistic curve, not new infections. And since logistic curves don't have an arbitrary endpoint the area under that curve is infinite and can't be the total infected.

R times CFR is the deaths. dR/dt x CFR is the death rate.

You notice how the first part of the logistic curve is indistinguishable from an exponential? You might want to wait for the death rate to be flat for a week before you do your victory dance. Because until that happens we're still in the exponential growth phase.
Last edited by diemos on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 21:20:30, edited 1 time in total.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 25 Mar 2020, 21:19:48

The US is going to be the worst hit because we have idiots running this country.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Yellow skye

Unread postby Whitefang » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 04:32:01

https://youtu.be/v8_ic2cs9h4

The [DS] players are struggling to keep this event alive long enough but everything they have tried is failing. Trump, Flynn are now sending out messages letting us know that something is about to happen, is it the storm, is it something else, whatever it is, it is coming. Panic is in the air, the sky is turning yellow, the booms are coming.

I expect the mother of all bombs to go boom this Easter, many of the global elites will kill themselves, the easy way out.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/nJINaINVhjA/

This is more of a variety show than a dig. Who is that US Military man and why is that bunny SO cool!? I answer that question and also tie in the Pandemic, Event 201 and share my favorite outtakes from General Michael Flynn's speech about fighting for the values you believe in.

Follow the white rabbit, the red pill.

Dave on economic hussling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wLhzsTr-OY
The patriots knew the playbook, they knew how to prepare. The patriots staged the economy to get everything they needed to move forward, this was done at an accelerated rate. The entire world has now been shown why globalism is not good. Trump has set the stage for the economy to take off, timing is everything. The patriots are in complete control of this operation.

https://www.breitbart.com/

5:09
The Senate passed a substantial emergency relief bill on Wednesday night that would provide aid to small businesses, hospitals, and Americans suffering from the impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
The Senate passed H.R. 748, the CARES Act, with 96 votes in favor of the bill and no senators opposed to the legislation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHz_MoKi-p0

1200 per adult, 500 per child…..
BCP on economy
Whitefang
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 05:57:50

It's R that follows the logistic curve, not new infections. And since logistic curves don't have an arbitrary endpoint the area under that curve is infinite and can't be the total infected.

According to your application of advanced mathematical modeling the entire planet will be in the hospital in 2 months! New cases is on day 40, and it is still following the logistic curve. Ever heard of the notion of actually checking your work; or is this just the throw bullshit until you bury them approach? This bug is a hoax, and when the hospitals don't fill up with gasping, dying people someone might notice.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Cog » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 06:23:03

New York will likely get swamped but the rest of the country is geared up to deal with patients as they come in. California is not seeing near the growth of new cases as the doomers were projecting.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby sparky » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 06:40:52

Made it back to OZ by the last plane out of Amsterdam and the last plane out of Doha in the direction of Sydney
this was pure refugee status made to wait 5 hours in Ams...to collect some lost transit souls
and wait 9 hours in Doha for the same reason , the hostesses were somewhat distraught thousands of them will be put on minimum wages for the next months and the company will simply shut down and wait .

crossing the Sydney custom was pretty simple since non Australian were supposed not to be allowed in
we were given the form telling us to stay in self isolation for two weeks in (I parody) appropriate local language
"don't be bloody stupid this thing is serious , hunker down and we all will be peach"
shops are not closed and there is no curfew just a pretty obvious emptying of the street and some supermarket shelves
a fir few shops are closed simply because the business is drying up , constant disinfection being also a bit of a hassle

the government is walking the tightrope between contagion and tanking the economy
let be serious , we will get a good bit of both ,
the pattern here is like China , South Korea and Singapore , lot of testing early on
doesn't cure anyone but at least there is some good facts about where this is coming from and where it's going
Altogether the whole thing make sense ,
we have a good health system , half public and half private ,
recourse to private companies for masks and respirators is ongoing ,
no drama this is just a disaster ,like flood , bush-fires and whatever
some will cry and for most it will pass
while by and large Australian would agree our government is a bunch of rank amateurs ,
they are willing to give them a break since anybody else would be just as idiotic
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 07:47:54

New York will likely get swamped but the rest of the country is geared up to deal with patients as they come in. California is not seeing near the growth of new cases as the doomers were projecting.

Just like every other year during flu season, but let's all panic. "When in fear when in doubt run in circles scream and shout." Someone on CNBC said we all going to die, and they know exactly what is going on. They found all the Russians hiding under Trump's desk, didn't they?

So how do these numbers compare to flu deaths in previous years? So far, it looks like the 2019-2020 death toll won’t be as high as it was in the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-f ... every-year

Well, just another ordinary flu year that kills a lot of the elderly, and weak. H1N1 (Swine Flu) is still with us. COVID-2019 isn't making any difference. What did everyone expect? It was made in China; the same place all the toasters that short out are made.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:17:43

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Judge for yourself if COVID19 has warranted this mass worldwide panic
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:36:54

Follow the money! Now, who got the $2.5 trillion? It's been 107 years, and we haven't learned a thing.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby diemos » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:41:07

Cog wrote:New York will likely get swamped but the rest of the country is geared up to deal with patients as they come in. California is not seeing near the growth of new cases as the doomers were projecting.

The shelter in place strategy works but the cost is high. We need testing in place in order to go back to business as usual.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:42:37

Sparky,
Please keep posting news from Australia. Thanks!
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby diemos » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:43:07

onlooker wrote:Judge for yourself if COVID19 has warranted this mass worldwide panic

I did, it does.

I'm glad my nutty D mayor and D governor had the sense to institute the shelter in place before things got out of hand.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:46:47

shortonoil wrote:

Follow the money! Now, who got the $2.5 trillion? It's been 107 years, and we haven't learned a thing.

Yes.
The threat does and did not warrant all this. We know Short that this is the big coverup and final theft.
They knew they could not keep it together much longer anyway 8)
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby diemos » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 08:47:53

shortonoil wrote:According to your application of advanced mathematical modeling the entire planet will be in the hospital in 2 months!

Nice Straw Man.

I said R followed the logistic curve, but we're not past the inflection point yet. So it's hard to tell where it's going to top out, especially as it depends on what social distancing measure are put in place and how well adhered to.

I'll go out on a limb again and guarantee that deaths in the US will not exceed 18 million even under the worst case scenario.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JuanP » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 09:06:22

diemos wrote:
shortonoil wrote:According to your application of advanced mathematical modeling the entire planet will be in the hospital in 2 months!

Nice Straw Man.

I said R followed the logistic curve, but we're not past the inflection point yet. So it's hard to tell where it's going to top out, especially as it depends on what social distancing measure are put in place and how well adhered to.

I'll go out on a limb again and guarantee that deaths in the US will not exceed 18 million even under the worst case scenario.

Let's hope not! I am hoping for a lot less than that, but the US government is really reacting to the epidemic in an incoherent way, so I can't rule that out, particularly because most of the US elderly population have a lot of chronic health problems.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
JuanP
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby diemos » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 09:19:03

My daily exercise walk up and down the hills has been quite peaceful and pleasant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJcLE-8gGQ

Never fear. I stay six feet away from everyone, don't touch anything with my hands, and wash them anyway when I get home.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance