Re: Runaway Global Warming - Has Arrived pt 15

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 09:57:37

Great to hear that Y has never used a blanket! :D
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 10:34:33

Logarithmic is the mathematical relationship most applicable to declining warming potential with increased CO2 concentration.

There is quite a difference between a logarithmic function y = a+b ln(x), and an exponential function y = ab^x. If one plots the IIPC data of mass_CO2 vs. temperature the exponential function produces a much higher correlation coefficient than the logarithmic. Without theoretical considerations to define the form of the curve, the best fit case is superior. We would then have to conclude that increasing CO2 is having a diminishing effect on temperature increases.

It appears to be rather sketchy information from which to ask an entire civilization to change its behavior; behavior which it isn't going change anyway! The anthropogenic proponents of climate change where pushing on a string to begin with.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Cog » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 10:55:07

Hey shorty. When are you going to pay off your wager?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 22:05:38

shortonoil wrote:
Logarithmic is the mathematical relationship most applicable to declining warming potential with increased CO2 concentration.

There is quite a difference between a logarithmic function y = a+b ln(x), and an exponential function y = ab^x. If one plots the IIPC data of mass_CO2 vs. temperature the exponential function produces a much higher correlation coefficient than the logarithmic. Without theoretical considerations to define the form of the curve, the best fit case is superior. We would then have to conclude that increasing CO2 is having a diminishing effect on temperature increases.

It appears to be rather sketchy information from which to ask an entire civilization to change its behavior; behavior which it isn't going change anyway! The anthropogenic proponents of climate change where pushing on a string to begin with.

Shorty tries to pretend he's an expert in everything he blabbers about. Like that he knows more about oil production than all the experts, even as he spouts frequent nonsense about oil production, trying to prop up his failed ETP nonsense. Or that he knows more about AGW than the entire body of science, without actually saying anything meaningful, or giving any citations, much less credible ones. Or that he's an expert on the Coronavirus, re conspiracy theory nonsense -- kind of like how he uses economic conspiracy theory nonsense as an excuse when his ETP predictions fail.

We should all be SO impressed by all his wisdom in such areas. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby jawagord » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 14:28:47

dohboi wrote:Yes, jawa, that is one of the fingerprints of warming from ghg's (rather than, for example, increases in insolation).

Night time (that is, minimum) temperatures rise faster than day time temps, winters warm faster than summers, and poles warm faster than the tropics...all already happening and all exactly the opposite of what one would expect if the heating were primarily because of an increase in solar radiation.

Careful Dohboi, you are on the cusp of a brain imploding epiphany if you are agreeing the largest warming component of climate change is slightly less cold Canadian and Russian winter nights! Can't be much warming left for the rest of the planet, business as usual for 95% of the world's population and a good thing for the other 5%.
Don't deny the peak!
jawagord
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby shortonoil » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 16:53:09

outcast said;
blah, blah, blah, and his usual gibberish.What ever produced that as a characteristic must have been terrible. A virus?

Careful Dohboi, you are on the cusp of a brain imploding epiphany if you are agreeing the largest warming component of climate change is slightly less cold Canadian and Russian winter nights! Can't be much warming left for the rest of the planet, business as usual for 95% of the world's population and a good thing for the other 5%.

We have 33 years of a Solar Minimum ahead of us. The warming resulting from anthropogenic intrusion will be canceled out by the Solar output decline effect. We know what the last mini ice-ages looked like. We have climatologist's projections for tomorrow. Net affect, about zero (0). We have 33 years to figure out what to do next? A lunar base to mine Helium 3 would be a good start. The world only needs 1,000 tons per year, then we can ditch fossil fuels and their very toxic bi-products. Energy production from Helium3 has almost no bi-products, and the moon has 1,000 years worth;- doing nothing but sitting there and soaking up sun light. For a species technology is a one way street. Once you start down it you can't back up! It increases your ability to consume resources, and technology is how you get them.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 21:15:51

I guess I'll just leave this thread for the idiots to wallow in for a while.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Yonnipun » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 03:33:51

dohboi wrote:I guess I'll just leave this thread for the idiots to wallow in for a while.

Dohboi, you have been fooled. I myself also was but then I started to investigate it futher and thank god, turns out that global warming is not possible. It is simple physics. Atmospheric gases have no ability to rise the average temperature of earth.
I also explained why blankets do not work in space. Blankets are for conduction and convection but earth is in space and there is only radiation. Absolutely no conduction and convection in space. Also, for example, If you put a blanket on the rock the temperature of the rock would not rise compared to a rock that has no blanket. Insulation is not an energy source. The rock with blanket would be in fact cooler on a sunny day because sun can not heat the rock as good anymore.
Yonnipun
Peat
Peat

Unread postby shortonoil » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 08:45:22

I guess I'll just leave this thread for the idiots to wallow in for a while.

Should we notify NASA that there is no Solar Minimum occurring, or that all those mini-ice ages had nothing to do with them? We have spent untold $billions on research, and all we had to do was read your threads! The learning curve is so, so steep.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate