Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Happy Talk

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Happy Talk

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 23 Oct 2019, 21:00:40

I’m at a hippy hot springs in eastern Oregon. It’s clothing optional after 9 pm in the hot pools. There were some very beautiful young women in the hot springs this afternoon, along with some sexy fit older women. Hopefully they’ll come back for another session in the hot springs this evening.

Cheers!
"The people in power should listen.....its them I'm criticizing" Greta Thunberg, Lisbon, 12/4/19
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:39:37

After a month on the hard we are finally in the water. Almost ready to take my cr and this PM found my nav instruments wink work because the rats ate them, in a very inaccessible spot to boot. Something to keep my hands busy tomorrow, as well as my mouth!

But it is sooo much nicer being in the water. The gentle rocking, and it’s way cooler than in the yard. And we can pee at night without a 100 yard dash.

Image Image

We are the last boat on the tip of the pier.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 17 Nov 2019, 13:22:50

Thats sounds oh-so-warm-and-pleasant being on your boat and back in the water.

I'm back in central Alaska. We're having a warm, sunny fall here but since its Alaska that means temps are down in the teens and single digits. The big thrill here is the local mom-and-pop ski area is set to open in a week. We're much too small to be able to afford gondolas or chair lifts or anything like that, so the ski area uses old school busses to pick people at the bottom and then ferry them back up to top for another ski run.

Skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggg is so much fun.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Mon 02 Dec 2019, 16:16:59

We just bought 1/2 a local raised, completely grass fed cow, for a hanging weight of only $3.00 per pound! The farmer slaughtered, skinned, gutted and cut it into quarters for us. We were able to see his place and how it operates, so I am confident in his process.

Now, we have it hanging for a dry cure over the next 21 days, before we butcher it. To keep it at 33-40 degrees my son built an insulated temporary box attached to an old fridge in their basement. We are looking forward to a very nice Prime Rib for Xmas dinner.

When we butcher, we vacuum pack and freeze the meat in meal size portions that we can directly put into the Sous Vide cooker. After the meat is done we take it out and sear it to finish it off. If you have never tried Sous Vide cooking I strongly recommend it!!

The grocery stores around here sell grass fed Hamburger for $8.99 a pound, and it usually is shipped in from another country.

So all and all a win; economically, environmentally and we buy local!!
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 14:56:05

Just had a short scare that (hopefully) turns out to be just some thing weird and goes away.

I experienced a “ VISUAL MIGRAINE”.

All of a sudden I had a partial circle of jagged bright edges and blind in the center. Started in the left eye but moved to both. It lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. I looked it up (google) and found a PERFECT description of what I was experiencing. Although it was damn hard to read the screen with all this nonsense going on.

The happy part is it does not have any pain and seems to be a passing thing. Not a big deal but scared me a bit. First thing I looked up was “stroke symptoms.”

Something I’ll have to keep an “eye” on. LOL

In the meantime I found out those shooting stars I see in the corner of my eye is the eye fluid getting thick and tugging on the retina. Yet another “benefit” of growing older, periodic fireworks.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 16:00:06

Newfie wrote:Just had a short scare that (hopefully) turns out to be just some thing weird and goes away.

I experienced a “ VISUAL MIGRAINE”.

All of a sudden I had a partial circle of jagged bright edges and blind in the center. Started in the left eye but moved to both. It lasted maybe 10-15 minutes. I looked it up (google) and found a PERFECT description of what I was experiencing. Although it was damn hard to read the screen with all this nonsense going on.

The happy part is it does not have any pain and seems to be a passing thing. Not a big deal but scared me a bit. First thing I looked up was “stroke symptoms.”

Something I’ll have to keep an “eye” on. LOL

In the meantime I found out those shooting stars I see in the corner of my eye is the eye fluid getting thick and tugging on the retina. Yet another “benefit” of growing older, periodic fireworks.

I STRONGLY recommend you go see an ophthalmologist ASAP. I say this in all sincerity, my father had a similar experience and blew it off when he was 79. Turned out he had a retina bleed in his dominant eye and the Doctor could have cauterized it with a laser quick and painless. Because he did not go see a doctor for several days he ended up permanently blind in that eye for the last six years of his life. Because it was his dominant eye his brain kept overwriting the data from the other eye making it appear to be in both eyes and it took months for the remaining eye data to become dominant and give him back more effective sight.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 19:05:57

I’ll consider it. Not so easy to do in St Martin.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion