Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US GLOBAL HEGEMONY

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

US GLOBAL HEGEMONY

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 12 Jan 2020, 17:23:06

https://www.globalresearch.ca/global-wa ... ny/5698569

Global War on Humanity: America’s Unceasing Pursuit of Hegemony
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: US GLOBAL HEGEMONY

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Jan 2020, 03:27:10

The center for research on globalization is a well known outlet for Russian propaganda according to NATO. The author Chossudovsky is a conspiracy theorist with a pro Russian slant.

Really onlooker? I know you hate America for its perceived crimes but this is pure tripe.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby jedrider » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 13:55:17

Who can doubt that the US intends to annex Canada at some point in the future as soon as it is expedient to do so? Fortunately, there has been no need to do so. Quebec may be a holdout though.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 19:52:39

jedrider wrote:Who can doubt that the US intends to annex Canada at some point in the future as soon as it is expedient to do so? Fortunately, there has been no need to do so. Quebec may be a holdout though.

Why in the world would the US want Quebec??? 8O
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 15 Sep 2023, 21:57:57

https://twitter.com/MikeBenzCyber/statu ... 1754809631

People don’t appreciate just how much money laundering is the stock & trade of the CIA.

Look at the level of money laundering sophistication the CIA had already developed by 1967, thru its webs of front groups & foundations & shell corps, in this CBS explainer from 50 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ahEJWxXB0
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 16 Sep 2023, 13:22:23

jedrider wrote:Who can doubt that the US intends to annex Canada at some point in the future as soon as it is expedient to do so?

Trump has his eye on buying Greenland.

It's not a bad idea.....there are all kinds of strategic mineral deposits showing up as the Greenland Ice Sheet melts, and as a bonus there is no Quebec.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 16 Sep 2023, 15:00:55

This is the sort of argument that has convinced a conspiracy theorist friend of mine that Russia is justified in its attack on Ukraine. He can't see that the Maidan revolution could possibly have been born out of popular sentiment. He says that it was entirely brought about by US manipulation. Thus, the legitimate government of Ukraine was deposed by a secret US coup!

He can't understand a more complex world, where the US takes advantage of such a thing. They may even have helped push it along, but they could only do that as a result of taking advantage of things already going on.

He has definitely been affected by Russian propaganda regarding Ukraine, as well as everything else that their default conservative position tries to influence people over regarding US politics. Russia has had a huge role in the development of Christian Nationalism in the United States. That conservative position allows them entry into the sweepstakes.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 09 Nov 2023, 20:48:59

evilgenius wrote:This is the sort of argument that has convinced a conspiracy theorist friend of mine that Russia...

Definition: Conspiracy Theorist- (1) Any person or group that challenges the official line of a sitting government or a reining institution such as Banking. Also includes the source or sources that a conspiracy theorist may draw on to validate their opinion.

Popularized by the Hollywood movie "Conspiracy Theory" starring Mel Gibson, the term is now used liberally to discredit anything a closed minded person disagrees with. It is employed as a thought stopper in the way the term bigot or Racist is employed, i.e. to discredit a person and close down a conversation.
lib·er·al·ly
Adverb - in large or generous amounts:

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 10 Nov 2023, 18:43:49

The US has Lost its First-World Status

I didn't need an article from the Brownstone institute to tell me that. It's been obvious for nearly a decade.

Everything is dirty. Nothing works. But everything’s also more expensive. And oh, by the way, you don’t have privacy anymore. That is how I described life in the US to a friend who had been living abroad for a bit more than a decade when we met up earlier this year during his brief return to the states. We’re not a first world country anymore, I told him. Hopefully our decline stops somewhere around second world, I half-joked. That’s probably the best we can hope for...

Something else I thought about while we were driving around, or maybe sometime later as I left behind the area in which I had spent so many formative years was how so few people seem to notice so many of these changes – or casually accept them as normal if they do.

One particular example that sticks out to me now is something that occurred not long after my brief reunion with my expat friend. Once more I was driving down the main road in the town in which I grew up. Many stores still just seemed abandoned. Everything still appeared to possess a thin layer of grime. Beggars were still stationed at nearly every major intersection. This time I was returning to visit my mother for a small dinner. On the way home, I stopped at a Starbucks not far from the Indian grocery store that used to be the Toys R Us where I got my first Mario Kart game as a kid and my first Resident Evil game as a middle-schooler.

Outside the Starbucks was an elderly woman, probably living on the streets, a little more reminiscent of my childhood notion of a homeless person than most of the seemingly newly-minted beggars at the intersections. While I waited for my order, I overheard the baristas talking with a couple of customers about her. Apparently, she was always there, always troubled by demons no one else could see. Sometimes she came in and made a mess in one of the bathrooms. Sometimes she harassed customers in a way that went beyond just asking for a couple bucks or some change.

One of the customers with whom the baristas were speaking nodded along with the conversation, mentioning that she worked at a retirement home, authoritatively stating there was a full moon coming. From what she said, the old folks always get like this as the full moon approaches. The baristas nodded along in agreement.

Listening to this, I remember thinking we’re not a first world country anymore, but are we really a 1930s depiction of Nineteenth Century Romania? I knew we had accepted outrageous food prices and a steady population of beggars and homeless people in our suburbs as part of the New Normal, but I didn’t know we had accepted moon madness too...
https://brownstone.org/articles/the-us- ... ld-status/

Interestingly the author is not some jaded Boomer but a well educated millennial. The young see all this and are powerless to make a difference, the older generations are just trying to hang onto what they have.

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 10 Nov 2023, 19:58:49

evilgenius wrote:This is the sort of argument that has convinced a conspiracy theorist friend of mine that Russia is justified in its attack on Ukraine. He can't see that the Maidan revolution could possibly have been born out of popular sentiment. He says that it was entirely brought about by US manipulation. Thus, the legitimate government of Ukraine was deposed by a secret US coup!

He can't understand a more complex world, where the US takes advantage of such a thing. They may even have helped push it along, but they could only do that as a result of taking advantage of things already going on.

He has definitely been affected by Russian propaganda regarding Ukraine, as well as everything else that their default conservative position tries to influence people over regarding US politics. Russia has had a huge role in the development of Christian Nationalism in the United States. That conservative position allows them entry into the sweepstakes.

I think he was referring to the points raised in your second paragraph, as well as

https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/01/18 ... r-ukraine/
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 05:41:49

Colour revolutions happen when sophisticated facebook bots (10s of thousands ) start spreading the "idea"

Someone controls those bots that are there only for regime change
Just look at which regimes changed and who benefits or loses most from the changes
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 17:27:48

Of all the revolutions that come to mind I'm struggling to find one where the people benefitted from the regime change. They either get a military takeover and a dictator or a pack of corrupt politicians intent on feathering their own nests, just like the psychopaths running the ukraine into the ground today. We are definitely in that 80 year global war cycle that strauss and Howe described in "The Forth Turning" The "Winter" is upon us and it's a time of great social and political upheaval.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Mon 13 Nov 2023, 17:44:00

theluckycountry wrote:Of all the revolutions that come to mind I'm struggling to find one where the people benefitted from the regime change. They either get a military takeover and a dictator or a pack of corrupt politicians intent on feathering their own nests, just like the psychopaths running the ukraine into the ground today. We are definitely in that 80 year global war cycle that strauss and Howe described in "The Forth Turning" The "Winter" is upon us and it's a time of great social and political upheaval.

The problems is the guys who want to maintain power control the social networks
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics