Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Pakistan Thread (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Pakistan: Please help recover possibly lost item.

Unread postby Eli » Thu 03 May 2007, 15:00:15

Pakistan might have lost some items. Please, if you have found any radioactive material laying around, it might be Pakistan's. Pakistan nuclear material
But don't worry there really is nothing to get concerned over.
Eli
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Please help recover possibly lost item.

Unread postby Twilight » Thu 03 May 2007, 16:55:54

BBC wrote:He said the advertising campaign was being expanded.

"There is nothing to worry about," Mr Baig said.

"We have a record of all the radioactive sources imported in to the country, those that are being used and also those that have been disposed of.

He said similar adverts would soon appear in Pakistan's English-language press.

[smilie=5obsessed.gif]

You can't make this up. The real world becomes more and more like the one portrayed in The Onion with every passing day.
Twilight
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mekrob » Thu 03 May 2007, 18:40:34

LOL
I want to put out the fires of Hell, and burn down the rewards of Paradise. They block the way to God. I do not want to worship from fear of punishment or for the promise of reward, but simply for the love of God. - Rabia
mekrob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newsseeker » Fri 04 May 2007, 08:34:01

A man in a turban spilled lime colored liquid. My dog licked it up, all her hair has fallen out and now she glows. I think I may have the wrong ethnic group, though.

That's incredible. Could you imagine what it would be like if Haiti went nuclear.
Newsseeker
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

THE Pakistan Thread pt 2 (merged)

Unread postby wisconsin_cur » Thu 23 Apr 2009, 21:07:05

Just scaremongering.. I am sure that they would never be a party to any thing or shelter anyone who would initiate ideological violence that would bring the wrath of a super power on them.
Oh yeah...and in case you did not read it last time let me quote it here,
CNN wrote:Michael Scheuer, who once headed the CIA's bin Laden unit, says bin Laden has been given permission by a young cleric in Saudi Arabia authorizing al Qaeda to "use nuclear weapons against the United States ... capping the casualties at 10 million."
"He's had an approval, a religious approval for 10 million deaths?" I asked him.
"Yes," Scheuer responded.

link but hey, don't let real world events get in the way of your ideology.
Last edited by Ferretlover on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 19:42:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged thread.
http://www.thenewfederalistpapers.com
wisconsin_cur
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

THE Pakistan Thread pt 2 (merged)

Unread postby Fishman » Thu 23 Apr 2009, 21:29:39

"Should we "nuke" pakistan?

Is that question really asked?

Is somebody monstrous enough to ask, "should we murder 180 million people?"

Come on guys, Schmu is right. Of course if those potentially taliban controlled nukes hit India one could expect 500 million to be killed, now that number would certainly be a reason for India to nuke them. You terrible zionist pigs (as apposed to those nice taliban guys )
Obama, the FUBAR presidency gets scraped off the boot
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Taliban closing in on Pakistan nuke arsenal

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 23 Apr 2009, 23:16:26

Kristen wrote:I know the Taliban exist, I was just being sarcastic. The information accessible to me about them is very biased. Even if they do get a hold of the nukes, I dont expect them to go off. It would be suicide glorious martyrdom.

No offense meant but I fixed that for you.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: If Pakistan falls to Taliban, should US nuke them

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 00:48:29

If there's one sure way to stop terrorism, it's to nuke millions of innocent civilians. Yup, great plan. :roll:
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby gandolf » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 01:06:06

You Americans are funny

I am really going to miss you
There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.
gandolf
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Hermes » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 01:12:48

If the United States falls to fascist rule should the rest of the world nuke us?
Space Ghost: Oh boy, the Shatner's really hit the fan now. I'm up Dawson's Creek without a paddle.
Hermes
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 01:35:04

If the US government believed that the Taliban were on the verge of seizing control of the Pakistani nuclear arsenal (and God forbid that ever happen!), they would be obligated to intervene.

A Taliban-controlled nuclear weapon would be absolutely unacceptable.

We should have a strike team ready and waiting to seize control of every nuke they have the minute we suspect that Pakistan is about to fail.

I just don't think a nuclear first strike is being considered as a serious option.
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby eastbay » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 02:32:20

frankthetank wrote:Posts like this justify why i rarely come around this site anymore...

No kidding. What an idiotic discussion.
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cloud9 » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 06:32:16

Tar Sands, you won't have much time to lament our passing. Your time will be taken up by your new friends the Chinese. We will not take a first strike, Guys for all the world, this is the 1930's. We will cut military spending to the bare bones. I Think the first strike will come at us from an EMP produced by a missile fired up from the Gulf of Mexico. The effort will be made to turn the lights off in the US. We will recover but six million Muslims may very well be behind barded wire.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Madpaddy » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 07:35:54

Hahahahaha,

The worlds largest nuclear arsenal until January 2009 was in the hands of a fundamentalist religious nut who believes in the rapture.

Pot: "Hey Kettle!"

Kettle: "Yes Pot".

Pot: "Did you know you are very dirty, in fact you're black".
Madpaddy
Expert
Expert

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 09:38:28

Madpaddy wrote:Hahahahaha,

The worlds largest nuclear arsenal until January 2009 was in the hands of a fundamentalist religious nut who believes in the rapture.

Pot: "Hey Kettle!"

Kettle: "Yes Pot".

Pot: "Did you know you are very dirty, in fact you're black".

Of course the answer to any serious geopoligical concerns is self-flagellation.
mos6507

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 16:16:16

rangerone314 wrote:Should the US nuke Pakistan to prevent the Taliban and al Qaida from obtaining nuclear weapons that could be used against the US?

if the US or Israel just dropped a few nukes, it would create chaos & probably increase the chance of a blowback incident involving nukes & the survivors lashing out in some way, perhaps at India.

if the US or Israel decimated the country, it would drop a boatload of nuclear radiation in China's backyard and somehow i have a feeling they would have a problem with that.

i don't think nuking Pakistan would decrease the chance of those 2 groups obtaining WMD's. i think you'd have to send US troops in & occupy Pakistan.

Iraq might be an example. If there are any nukes there, I think we'd know about it, by way of the presence of US troops in the country for 6 years.
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby stu » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 19:29:56

3aidlillahi wrote:The Taliban aren't even close to being able to capture a significant part of Panjab, let alone be able to get a hold of the nukes. They aren't nearly as powerful as everyone is making them out to be. They are only able to hold land that is ethnically already theirs and a population that is willing, uneducated and quite poor and aligned with their domestic policies. The Taliban are a rag-tag group of fighters than can only conquer mountainous regions because they are used to that terrain and can effectively fight the Army there. They wouldn't stand a chance in their non-mountainous regions of Panjab, Sindh, etc.

Right on.

The Pakistani army numbers something like 650,000 whereas the Taliban are just a coalition of Pashtuns who would get slaughtered as soon as they try fighting out the mountains.

They even declared their intention to pull out of the district they've just entered.

Taliban pulling out of Buner

Heavily-armed Taliban, who had infiltrated into Pakistan’s Buner district, near here, began pulling out of the town on Friday.

The move follows the government’s warning that it would use force, amid reports of a troop build-up in Swat for a new operation against militants. The government has been under intense U.S. pressure to act.

As these fast-paced developments took place, Pakistan Army chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani vowed to crush terrorism and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, addressing concerns of the global community over the growing influence of the Taliban, said Pakistan was in “safe hands.”
"The age of excess is over. The age of entropy has begun"
stu
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Pakistan Crisis Thread

Unread postby stu » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 20:27:30

Threads merged
"The age of excess is over. The age of entropy has begun"
stu
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Taliban taking control of Pakistan

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 24 Apr 2009, 23:46:17

map The Taliban see their true enemy to be the Hindu India. As in nuclear war could be a possibility.

From the map you can see why India is freaked out.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby nobodypanic » Sat 25 Apr 2009, 10:19:08

Schmuto wrote:Why don't you all sit in your closets and worry about it. Should we "nuke" pakistan? Is that question really asked? Is somebody monstrous enough to ask, "should we murder 180 million people?" I'm glad to see that one of the board war-mongering Zionists has already posted his support for . . . yet more war.

if we used nukes, it would be pinpoint strikes against areas where pak nukes where located. why on earth any of you would imagine that we would just use saturation strikes is absolutely beyond me. perhaps it's a complete and utter lack of any military knowledge? <--that's nothing to be offended by, by the way. yes, plenty of people would die, but NOT the numbers you have indicated.

now, on the other hand, if there were a general nuclear exchange between india and pakistan, that would approach the numbers you have in mind.
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to Asia Discussion