Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

THE Democrat Thread Pt. 3

Unread postby Cog » Fri 01 Feb 2019, 20:32:17

Ok then you can take what the other party is offering.

Open borders and the elimination of ICE.
A 70-90% tax on anyone making more than ten million a year
Massive gun control regulation
The destruction of the fossil fuel industry through their green initiative
Banning free speech by declaring it hate speech
Abortion freely until the very moment of birth without restriction
Free college, free pre-k, free health care, forgiveness of all student loan debt, universal basic income

Choose wisely
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: THE Democrat Thread Pt. 2

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 01 Feb 2019, 20:40:08

Cog wrote:Ahh here we go Newfie.

healing-the-partisan-divide-pt-2-t73530-60.html?hilit=racist

Cog,

At one point there was another poster using your same avatar, can't recall the same ATM. Someone using that avatar went in a full blow racist rant one day, made a really nasty post. Then went silent for a couple of days thereafter.

Now I can't recall which poster it was and I'm not going back to find out. BUT folks could be excused for confusing the two posters using a single avatar. Mprobably a practice we should ban.

All that said there is something in your affect that does lead one to assume you have racist tendencies. Your posts have that "smell."

I know you have disavowed it in the past, but it lingers.

Still waiting for you to find that racist smell to my posts or perhaps an apology would do.

Cog,

I didn’t call you racist in that post. And there was another post stream where we went over it in detail, where I accepted your position. Where you said something along the lines of “I wish to God we would apply the constitution equally to all Americans.”

Now back the quoted post, it reminds me of an old saying.

If someone calls you an ass, ignore it.
If a second calls you an ass, look in the mirror.
If the third calls you an ass ... buy oats.

Often your posts are coherent, thoughtful and insightful. But then you go on a bender and become an obnoxious troll; arrogant, insulting, and intentionally agitating.

Then you wonder why folks misunderstand and accuse of things you don’t mean? Really?

You play the wounded hero poorly.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 01 Feb 2019, 21:56:32

Elizabeth Warren has just publicly apologized to the Cherokee nation for using a DNA test to falsely claim to be an Indian.

Warren apologizes to Cherokee Nation

I don't think she should get off the hook that easily. Its like the other Indian tribes weren't insulted by her lies just the Cherokees were insulted.

Warren needs to do more apologizing. Separate apologies are due to every single Indian tribe in America. AND then she can start apologizing to all the rest of us for her years of lies.

Cheers!
"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 02:37:48

Elizabeth Warren, AKA liawathaa ,should just go away.
Hopefully the voters in the primaries will finally get that message to her.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby careinke » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 02:53:23

I've become fascinated lately following the Black conservative movement on you tube. There are some great people in this movement, I particularly like Candice Owens. Candice founded BLEXIT, a movement to leave the Democratic Party. BLEXIT was originally Black Exit, but has recently been changed to Black Latino EXIT.

BLEXIT itself does not endorse any particular party and encourages black conservatives to vote on issues. That said, there are a lot of MAGA hats in the crowds.

Here is a recent piece, put out by Vice, a pretty liberal media source. That said, I was very impressed with the coverage. I thought it was very fair, and pretty impartial.

Something a little different for most of us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWam9FSRvGI
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 13:28:36

Cog wrote:No one, except that idiot Kasich perhaps, is even going to attempt to run against Trump in the Republican primary. Total waste of time and Trump has no problem with raising money.

You are going to have two choices. A far left loon or Donald J. Trump. Pick one.

Yeah, I think Trump's got it on a far left loon. And taxing the wealth rather than the income of anyone is pretty far to the left. It's like saying the US is as bad as one of those Central or South American tin pot dictatorships that it supported so vehemently during the Cold War. When those people got overthrown by left wing uprisings those who did the overthrowing tended not to be able to figure out where the redistribution should end. You had to be one with the ruling commie party not to be on the outside. Democracy takes a back seat in such scenarios. I don' think wealth inequality has actually become that bad in the US. It is bad, but it has several answers which fall well short of such a radical solution. And as long as you have other answers you should not linger on the doorstep of something so anti-democratic.

The thing I've disliked the most about the Democratic Party in the past has been the way they have handed out the presidential nomination to whomever they felt they owed it to. Hillary's bust up, though, may have changed that. I think you are anticipating that the party will go all in with Bernie. You have good reason, based upon that past behavior to believe that. It, however, may not be so. You may just be caught up on what the youth of the party are saying to one another, and not paying much attention to what old school Democrats are pondering.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 13:35:21

Can you imagine on election night 2020 if Trump were to win again? The medias heads would explode. :-D
I have already had more then enough of Trump but I'd enjoy that very much as they truly deserve it.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 14:18:28

@evilgenius

The old school Democrats seem to me to be about to fade out of existence. I would put a Joe Biden or a Chuck Schumer in the old school category. Professional politicians that have been around DC for a long time. Given what the younger Democrat candidates are talking about, I don't see old white guys getting the nod. With the exception of Bernie who was able to engage the younger and more left crowd.

The conversation now is more free stuff, raising taxes, diversity, and easing immigration policies, and other sort of left things. There is tons of passion on the left in the Democrat party. They can mobilize crowds and enthusiasm. I happen to believe that the majority of white and blue collars Democrats aren't quite that far left yet. But the more radical left is growing in power. When I looked at the House especially. The new members are sort of out there.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 17:31:52

The thing about the Democrats is that they have no consistent platform. Lots of heat but I doubt they can sustain it into cohesive action.

IF they were to win big in 2020 then I think you might find a feeding frenzy, all pushing to get at the trough. Eventually they will turn on one another and there will be a purge. Not liking what I’m feeling.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 18:31:31

If the Dems were to win big in 2020 the math underlying their promises will come up to smack them very quickly.
vtsnowedin
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 18:59:08

Cog wrote:Ok then you can take what the other party is offering.
Open borders and the elimination of ICE.

It's sad that you are so deluded that you assume that everyone has to suck up to one party or the other. What do you think moderate or independent means? (Hint: if you think it means blindly follow Trump or a far left tax raising clown, again -- deluded.)

Second, per your statement above:

a). What serious POTUS contender is advocating open borders? Can you show credible citations for this?

Funny, but when I look at real world news on the border dispute, I see that the dems want another border solution than a physical wall.

THAT'S NOT OPEN BORDERS.

b). What serious POTUS contender is going to eliminate ICE's? Can you show credible citations for this?

Funny, but I'm not finding credible sources claiming that.

Let's not pretend like hope or goals to stop selling ICE vehicles in places like parts of Europe by 2040 or so is the same as POTUS contenders "eliminating ICE's".

And guess what, if BEV's aren't ready to transport the masses by 2040, NO politician who wants to be elected will disagree about pushing the date out.

Are you drinking Trump's Kool-aid again, or do you really think such silly claims will go completely unchallenged?

If your politics is "making sh*t up", don't whine when everyone doesn't want to hop on board.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:20:56

ICE Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Warren and Harris want to reform it out of existence. Know your acronyms. ;)
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:34:29

Cog wrote:ICE Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Warren and Harris want to reform it out of existence. Know your acronyms. ;)

So in your mind, it's impossible to associate ICE with Internal Combustion Engine?

On this site, where ICE is used as an acronym for that maybe a thousand times a week?

Sure. Sounds as open-minded as your politics.

My point about your false claim re open borders stands, but nice dodging there.
Last edited by Outcast_Searcher on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:35:58, edited 1 time in total.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:35:01

The governor of Virginia apologized yesterday for appearing in a photo of a man in blackface and a man in a KKK uniform in his Medical School yearbook.

Then he took back his apology and is claiming he isn't in the picture, but no one believes him since he already apologized for appearing in the picture.

In another yearbook, his nickname is "Coonman". No explanation yet as to why he was called Coonman and why he was taking pictures of himself in blackface and/or a KKK costume and putting them on his yearbook page.

Some Ds now want him to resign because he is clearly a liar and a racist. But other Ds are OK with it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the D party. Will they stand up to this racist, or will they let Governor Coonman stay in office. Will the Ds in Virginia now move to impeach the governor, or will they support him in spite of his racist past.

Governor Northam aka Governor Coonman of Virginia---

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:40:21

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
Cog wrote:ICE Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Warren and Harris want to reform it out of existence. Know your acronyms. ;)

So in your mind, it's impossible to associate ICE with Internal Combustion Engine?

On this site, where ICE is used as an acronym for that maybe a thousand times a week?

Sure. Sounds as open-minded as your politics.

My point about your false claim re open borders stands, but nice dodging there.

Nope ICE is what the agency is called by everyone in DC during hearings. ICE tracks down criminal illegals and either arrests or deports them. They are a critical agency to protecting us from illegals. But here is what your Dem frontrunners think of ICE.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ality.html

During a Boston rally on Saturday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren became the latest Democrats Senator to say it was time to abolish or replace the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE) with something that "reflects the morality of the country."

"The president's deeply immoral actions have made it obvious we need to rebuild our immigration system from top to bottom starting by replacing ICE with something that reflects our morality and that works," Warren said.

And now for Harris who compares ICE to the KKK

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala ... ice-to-kkk

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?"

So think what you want about the wall. The Democrats want to destroy one of agencies that target sex smuggling and MS-13 criminal gangs.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 19:44:01

ICE is one of the only agencies tasked to track down illegals committing crimes in the USA. Once they cross the border and the wall you don't want, if ICE is eliminated no one will ever be trying to track them down. This is why the wall is a necessary component to the border patrol and ICE is an essential element for those illegals who get past the wall.

Just look at what the head Dems are saying by their words:

A wall is immoral
We want to eliminate ICE
We are going to create sanctuary cities and states where ICE is not welcome
We are going to interfere with immigration control agents and shield illegals.

If all of that doesn't tell you that Dems are for open borders and unrestrained illegal immigrations, then what does?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 20:19:48

The racist, lying D governor of Virginia just dug himself in deeper.

While denying that he is in blackface in a photo of a man in blackface with a man in a KKK costume he selected for his medical school yearbook, he now admits that he used black shoe polish to paint his face before going in blackface to a dance contest where he did the Moonwalk as Michael Jackson.

northam-will-not-resign-claims-he-wasnt-racist-picture-blackface-won-danceoff-Michael-Jackson

Wow! Surely someone out there has a photo of Governor Northam in blackface at the Michael Jackson Dance contest???? Please please please release that picture!!!!!! Let the truth be free....Governor Coonman has now admitted he won the dance contest in blackface, so there is no reason to hide that picture any longer.

This is not a picture of Governor "Coonman" Northam at the Michael Jackson Dance Contest....but it could be
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Feb 2019, 20:29:39

Sad to see the historic racism of the Democrat party continues 154 years after the end of the Civil War.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby lpetrich » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 01:05:20

Cog wrote:47% of the population have no skin in the game at all.

???
The destruction of the fossil fuel industry will destroy the country.

Only if it is "destroyed" too fast.
You got room for 50 million people at your house? I'll send them right over. You can feed, educate, and house them all on your dime.

I thought that coercion was supposed to be a sin. The appropriate non-coercive solution is to pay them to stay in their home countries.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby lpetrich » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 01:20:53

(the fossil-fuel industry...)
rockdoc123 wrote:
Are we supposed to weep for it?

I guess you are one of those smug youngsters who doesn't own a car and bikes everywhere? Where do you think the rubber for the tires comes from? How do you plan on constructing a bike without energy input (from fossil fuels currently?). Do you wear nothing but clothes made from organic materials you hand picked and spun on a foot powered loom? I seriously doubt that. I suspect you haven't a clue how much the world counts on energy for pretty much everything and the cheapest form of that at this point in time is oil and gas.

As if that supposed cheapness will never change.

Fossil-fuel use won't disappear tomorrow; it will have to be phased out with the building of renewable alternatives. That is already happening to coal, and that will eventually happen to natural gas. Vehicle fuels will be a tougher nut to crack, but I am sure that they will eventually fall.

"Oh how terrible, terrible, terrible! The Democrats want less government in something. Waaah!!!"

the stupidy in this statement is pretty much astounding, I don't think it requires any comment.

This reminds me of how many right-wingers seem to think that military and police forces are not government agencies but vigilante organizations. They may not say so, but they react emotionally as if they believe that.
lpetrich
Lignite
Lignite

Next

Return to North America Discussion